Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_W
Nov 12, 2013

When Panzer breaks with laughter, its a wonderful thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dark Souls 2 took a weird turn with its new Crown of the Beetle King dlc.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!
God drat that episode was adorable as hell. I need to find some time to draw some fan art of Gary the chubby beetle and ANKHEG.

Tepplen fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 9, 2014

Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.

medibot posted:

Good news! The next three dungeons will also be full of beetles and absolutely no other monsters.

Looking at them, ankhegs don't look to be beetles, given the lack of wings or the 'shell'. I'd place them somewhere around Cockroaches, Mantids and Termites, probably non-colonial termites who spit acid for some reason. So its not all beetles!

But the the next player is going to be a beetle, aren't they? One of the party will die and a beetle will show up to replace them

Mecheon fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Oct 7, 2014

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Mecheon posted:

But the the next player is going to be a beetle, aren't they? One of the party will die and a beetle will show up to replace them

A brief bit of searching reveals a beetle man race called Diopsids that could be used as a base for something like that. (The group's a bit far from the Underdark to run into an actual Diopsid. Although I suppose that is medibot's call, and they do tend to be mercenaries...)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Yapping Eevee posted:

A brief bit of searching reveals a beetle man race called Diopsids that could be used as a base for something like that. (The group's a bit far from the Underdark to run into an actual Diopsid. Although I suppose that is medibot's call, and they do tend to be mercenaries...)

Who the heck lets monster ecology blurbs prevent them from placing something into their game? I support the upcoming Beetle party members.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Syrg for dodgy "British" accent beetle PC

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

lenoon posted:

Syrg for dodgy "British" accent beetle PC

Oh god. The smuggest beetle.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
The British Bourgeois Beetle, and a right bastard at that

etc. etc. I don't know how the British actually talk

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

a cat on an apple posted:

The British Bourgeois Beetle, and a right bastard at that

etc. etc. I don't know how the British actually talk

With as many apostrophes as possible, generally.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

We talk like this, you ill-educated plebeians.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Speaking of Syrg, Is he ever going to get involved in any tabletop gaming in any of these threads again? I really miss his time as DM back during lp4e. Even if only as a player or even a peanut gallery would be neat, as it has been a while since he as participated in these at all.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
He also ended up in the hospital after turning into Batman. It might be funny as poo poo, but it's not a smart idea to let the man near roleplaying.

Penultimatum
Apr 2, 2010

dpbjinc posted:

He also ended up in the hospital after turning into Batman. It might be funny as poo poo, but it's not a smart idea to let the man near roleplaying.

Syrg's questionable decisionmaking skills were one of the best parts of the 4e campaign. I was honestly worried about his well-being multiple times just listening to the podcast, though, which is probably a bad sign. Maybe having it recorded would be a good thing, as if something bad happened the recording could be evidence for the subsequent police investigation.

If this sounds melodramatic it's probably because you weren't there for the 4e campaign.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Don't tell me you wouldn't have tried drinking that expired energy drink too. I think it was a Monster too, which just lends credence to the name.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Don't tell me you wouldn't have tried drinking that expired energy drink too. I think it was a Monster too, which just lends credence to the name.

Nah, even better. It was a 'Health Potion'.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

I did like Syrg but I got really tired of his catchphrase.

"Congrats."

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

One of the great things about the Six feats under crew is that with the different adventures theres been distinct DMing styles - Syrg was adversarial and it felt like he was thwarted by the party in his quest to get them all killed (Guess what happens now? Algernon dies? Ha, Yes!), Ironicus is freewheeling and creates this crazy collaborative story while medibot (more evidence later hopefully!) creates these intricate scenarios that seem meticulously planned and then lets the gang work through them with a cast of defined, voiced and fleshed out characters.

I use six feats episodes as inspiration when I'm planning my own scenarios when I don't have any basis for encounters, and I switch between threads to get the tone I want. When I want something combat heavy and almost vindictive, for example, I'll listen the Minerelle-death-episode, and get that trademark Syrg snarl down pat....

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I actually really, really liked that guy that DMed the Paranoia sessions where 100 HOGS and Taoto and etc. played, as well.

Speaking of which, does anyone have those Paranoia podcasts saved, too? Sorry I keep begging for old stuff :shobon:

JiiHoo
Mar 29, 2010

a cat on an apple posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone have those Paranoia podcasts saved, too? Sorry I keep begging for old stuff :shobon:

I think these are the ones you are talking about : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h76ldx82hq4jlrb/AACcPaEkYAtjTIKTV6snSgASa?dl=0
(they are currently uploading, so keep checking back. 6 sessions total) EDIT: All Done.

JiiHoo fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 12, 2014

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

lenoon posted:

One of the great things about the Six feats under crew is that with the different adventures theres been distinct DMing styles - Syrg was adversarial and it felt like he was thwarted by the party in his quest to get them all killed (Guess what happens now? Algernon dies? Ha, Yes!), Ironicus is freewheeling and creates this crazy collaborative story while medibot (more evidence later hopefully!) creates these intricate scenarios that seem meticulously planned and then lets the gang work through them with a cast of defined, voiced and fleshed out characters.

I use six feats episodes as inspiration when I'm planning my own scenarios when I don't have any basis for encounters, and I switch between threads to get the tone I want. When I want something combat heavy and almost vindictive, for example, I'll listen the Minerelle-death-episode, and get that trademark Syrg snarl down pat....

Is Syrg a part of the six feats under crew? I mean, he seems to have been pretty scarce since the beginning of the 13th age thread.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant

thechosenone posted:

Is Syrg a part of the six feats under crew? I mean, he seems to have been pretty scarce since the beginning of the 13th age thread.

No.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

thechosenone posted:

Well I meant the adventures they've been part of - even the new side-show adventures of stuff like inverse world and breakfast cult show off other styles of DMing. For someone like me who's in a small group of D and D players and is the perpetual DM, it's good to get some perspective on how other people handle similar situations and great to have a variety of DMing styles to ruthlessly steal material from sorry, get inspiration from.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

JiiHoo posted:

I think these are the ones you are talking about : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h76ldx82hq4jlrb/AACcPaEkYAtjTIKTV6snSgASa?dl=0
(they are currently uploading, so keep checking back. 6 sessions total) EDIT: All Done.

These are the ones I was talking about, and I got them all downloaded. Thanks for the help!

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Great work on the LP. I need a gif of the pig from 3-1. The worst part of all these table top threads is that they make me want to play table top and I don't have enough friends to play. Or friends.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

BallisticClipboard posted:

Great work on the LP. I need a gif of the pig from 3-1. The worst part of all these table top threads is that they make me want to play table top and I don't have enough friends to play. Or friends.

I made this back when the avatar limits got relaxed.

Geemer posted:

Let's celebrate the new avatar limits by celebrating the hog!

One of them has already been claimed by thetoughestbean, so you'll have to fight him to the death for that particular one if either of you cares about being unique.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Geemer posted:

One of them has already been claimed by thetoughestbean, so you'll have to fight him to the death for that particular one if either of you cares about being unique.

To the death, I say!

(I don't particularly mind.)

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Were our heroes eaten by beetles:ohdear:? Did..did they become beetles? Can we expect the stirring adventures of Rockshells the chitin golem and Joey Thoracz in the near future?

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 20, 2014

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Well, Joey had bug parts in the other campaign, so Wolfshirt probably couldn't resist the lure of the beetle crown

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
"What up, Hive Queen" is still one of my favorite things. :allears:

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
"I may be a mindless insect, but I will be queen of the mindless insects," ranks as one of my favorite quotes from like.. anything, ever, really.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon

Bendigeidfran posted:

Were our heroes eaten by beetles:ohdear:? Did..did they become beetles? Can we expect the stirring adventures of Rockshells the chitin golem and Joey Thoracz in the near future?

Yes! Sorry about the delay it'll be up tomorrow.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant

WolfShirt posted:

Yes! Sorry about the delay it'll be up tomorrow.

I ate the beetles from the latest update so we had to find new ones. Sorry.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

ikks posted:

Even a new Gary? He must have been hard to find a replacement for.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope

Volfogg posted:

Even a new Gary? He must have been hard to find a replacement for.

There are always more beetles.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

ikks posted:

How was the Burrito?

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon

D&D3.5 Episode 3.5-4: The Beetle King is Dead Long Live The Beetle King

Our brave heroes fight valiently through the beetle caves and emerge victorious! Now on to the earwig caves!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kits continues to be my favorite, with dramatic speedline leaps and exaggerated fainting.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
Kit is the snarkiest bunny magical girl princess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
The ending is wonderful and the sort of thing I watch and listen to these campaigns for.

• Locked thread