Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
good news

werkwerk is now level 16 and soon people will stop caring about his level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Internet Kraken posted:

Alright give it to Balista then. Or any other active goon that has nothing to do with this leadership fuckery and just wants the guild to succeed.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 1, 2014

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I don't understand if Grithok and Jerkjerk never asked for stuff fr the guild bank. You thought the best idea to get back at new leadership for kicking a friend out of the guild, over a misunderstanding, who told Arrg he could come back into the guild, was to "flex your muscle" and go gently caress goons to teach them a lesson.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Since jerkjerk and I are low levels the stuff doesn't even help us. We couldn't really steal any of it to do anything with it I guess. It only affects everyone else who would get a use out of it.

I guess I could RMT it for paintballs.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Hy_C posted:

I don't understand if Grithok and Jerkjerk never asked for stuff fr the guild bank. You thought the best idea to get back at new leadership for kicking a friend out of the guild, over a misunderstanding, who told Arrg he could come back into the guild, was to "flex your muscle" and go gently caress goons to teach them a lesson.

no, but you see, FISHING and jerkjerk (the only guild leader who is not a pedo and actually tried to get poo poo done) is a low level and grithok is an imp zone spy and kimsemus is the REAL "goonfucker" and and and :supaburn:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
haha I spammed dodgy with mail because officers weren't respecting the importance of fishing and he got tired of it and put jerkjerk in charge and he didn't respect fishing either so I mailed literally all the guild resources to wicked so next time respect fishing

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
rename imp zone to fish zone so we can remember to respect fishing

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
it's hilarious because we actually had this stupid fishing thing sorted out and then they all decided "gently caress you got mine" and left

Turtle Dad 420
Jul 16, 2011

Turtle Time Erryday
Please own me for not wanting to be a part of repetitive pedo chat and loving each other over on a weekly basis.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
I guess as far as hilarious archeage flameouts go, it's better go out in a typical fuckgoons guild bank theft than a magnificent self-immolation from pedophilia empathy

though that is implying the two are mutually exclusive and i'm willing to bet they aren't in this case

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

Anarkii posted:

You can give it to Balista. He's right now spending his personal money to give mats for packs to goons, and carrying all of them for charcoal runs on his boat. He's been active, he's been organizing as much stuff as anyone else, and hasn't antagonized anyone

Anarkii posted:

hasn't antagonized anyone

SPERGELORD ACTUAL REPORTING IN

DISREGARD THAT MARK

SPIN THE FLEET AROUND

I AM THE ADMIRAL

More seriously, that "personal" money is floated from goons having enough goodwill towards me to willingly jump off of cliffs with olive oil on their backs, and kill their mounts underneath them to load my merchant boat from my cliffside house.

I do give them a pack of their own to turn in as payment though, so there's that.

Also all the materials I'm giving out are paid for by the packs I'm making and turning in for myself during these Mahadevi Fun Runs (TM). Seriously, Mahadevi packs are so loving cheap to make, it's criminal. Basically, I break even on a Fun Run by myself, the goons I run get richer, and I get a steaming pile of goodwill to convince people to kill their mounts for my olive oil in the future. It all works out. :getin:

EDIT: I'll try and get some pics of Mahadevi Fun Runs posted tomorrow. They're hilarious.

balistafreak fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 1, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Is fishing as dumb as mining in eve and if so lmbo at all this drama over that

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

JackDRipper posted:

I'd say communication goes a long way but our own leader isn't even Auth'd on AA.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Also saying that kimsemus ruined the game for goons by leading a goon group in pvp is entirely missing the point. I don't even play this terrible loving game and even I can get that. The mistake you made was in making some sort of weird rear end network of fishing alliances (lol) instead of just killing people for fun, and while you may have reasons for it you literally ran off with all the money. At the end of the day no one's really gonna give a poo poo about why you have it, they just care that you have it.

Also I love this thread :coffeepal:

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

It's playing simon says with debuffs on fish to do damage to them. It's pretty dumb and dull, but it is by far the best way to make money in this game for people who don't have access to a lot of land (read: 50% of players). Well, the actual best way would probably be to play the market, but you need a lot of startup capital to do that effectively.

Either way, it's pretty lovely that all this happened, and that Arrg wasn't interested in curbing his racism. I really enjoyed playing with all you economy dudes in poops for coops and whatnot, so I wish you the best with your tryhard adventures in Wicked.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Arrg is one of the people i explicitly and repeatedly told about bfm like 6 months ago

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Bauxite posted:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Also saying that kimsemus ruined the game for goons by leading a goon group in pvp is entirely missing the point. I don't even play this terrible loving game and even I can get that. The mistake you made was in making some sort of weird rear end network of fishing alliances (lol) instead of just killing people for fun, and while you may have reasons for it you literally ran off with all the money. At the end of the day no one's really gonna give a poo poo about why you have it, they just care that you have it.

Also I love this thread :coffeepal:

goons obeying the "pact" with their piracy, causes people to sperg about "goonfucking"

those same people screwing the entire guild including the people they were claiming to help, a-ok

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Also, what sets this game apart from Eve is that the tools for mass organisation are 15-years-ago poo poo. A guild is literally nothing more than a piece of text below people's names, a chat channel, and a convenient way to do mass invites. The only way to hold guild assets (in a way that doesn't allow them to be stolen by every guild member) is on individual accounts. On the minus side, this removes opportunities for the kinds of boardroom cloak-and-dagger drama Eve provides. On the plus side, we've had one year of Eve Goon drama condensed into two months (really more like one month for the real drama).

I love the comparisons to Eve, especially from the fishing nuts. I mean, after all, evegoons did so well in that game by not scamming pubbies, being completely without ehonor, and having a (somewhat lucky) series of diplomatic and military coups. They did it by mining. Forever.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

It is exactly the same.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

SumYungGui posted:

There is a truly surprising amount of people in the guild that are entirely wrapped up in wanting to be the first and best to whip out 'LUL U MAD BRO, SO MAD, SO SALTY, I'M PUPPET MASTERING YOU, I LOVE WATCHING DRAMA IT'S FUNNY'. I have never seen a goon guild with so many people so dedicated to trying to piss off other goons. As in, that is their sole and frequently stated desire. It's really bizarre.

Yep. This is why it's so much easier to just play in small groups with people that are emotionally well-adjusted (or at least as adjusted as goons can be).

Arrg is one of the people i explicitly and repeatedly told about bfm like 6 months ago

Aarg is an idiot.

Edit to add that Aarg is a super big dumb idiot, and that is awful, and also accurate as far as I could tell when I asked him about it and lost my faith in humanity.

GlazedMcGuffin fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Nov 1, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Aleth posted:

loving hell I take a couple of days to shoot fuckers in Payday 2 and I miss all this amazing drama. I should take mini breaks more often!

It worked! I spent last night doing non-Archeage stuff and wake up to this remarkable turn of events.

:downsbravo:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

that's incredibly surprising after he was hella solidly in the "uhhhh look it happened a long time ago and besides nobody knew" camp

erazure
Oct 23, 2005

I'm sad I missed the breakdowns. I kept waiting for it to happen, and then it does and I'm off doing something else!

I'm glad we can all unite on the fact that Nagamitsu is a jackass, though.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Third World Reggin posted:

Castle update: The guy with all the materials left the guild. Apparently this was because he did not get to become guild leader.

Guild bank update: A lot of goons don't know this, but we apparently had a guild bank. That has also left the guild.

Those materials are now in the hand of wicked.

Chaos Reigns.

Noooo, my 500 stone bricks. :qq:

If the guild bank is gone that means we definitely won't be trying to get a castle, right?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Hy_C posted:

at least our guild isn't lead by Grand Sperg Baron Unji-Poopsocker III

eve mining is easier cuz you shoot a rock then go afk. aa fishing is stupid because you have to play dance dance revolution while you do it

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Arrg being a pedo defender and racist piece of poo poo who doesn't care? Color me surprised.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

Arrg being a pedo defender and racist piece of poo poo who doesn't care? Color me surprised.

but he's a fisher so it's ok, c'mon now

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

at least our guild isn't lead by Grand Sperg Baron Unji-Poopsocker III

What does this have to do with anything? :confused:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You watch the fish's health bar to see what buff it's using and respond with the appropriate skill from the fishing toolbar. Once it's dead it turns into a tradepack that can be cashed in for a ton of money. It's the fastest way to make money in the game, so people who want to fish generally don't want to do anything else. there have been a few shouting matches over mumble between goons who want to earn low-effort gold and goons who need numbers for pvp, world bosses and events, etc.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Hy_C posted:

What does this have to do with anything? :confused:

goons think that they aren't spergs like FC (they are actually a lot worse than FC)

goons just sperg, FC spergs and gets poo poo done

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
you seem to imply anyone actually cares about "getting poo poo done" in a stupid online video game

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Angela Christine posted:

Noooo, my 500 stone bricks. :qq:

If the guild bank is gone that means we definitely won't be trying to get a castle, right?

Based on how castles and factions work, there was a good chance of getting one and a slim chance of keeping one. Even less so now with all that stuff being gone.

CASTLES
Here is a trion post about it
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/10/31/conquest-of-auroria-castles-sieges-and-more/

There were supposed to be player run factions of multiple guilds and this isn't mentioned in here. Even then here is a post about it in korea where it was a huge money sink.
http://archeagesource.com/topic/1947-player-factions-in-archeage-how-to-make/
It probably will not be as large of a money sink in the US.

Guild battles will be either 50 defenders v 70 attackers for 20 minutes then 70 vs 70 and a chance to get up to 30 mercenaries making it 100 v 100, or some mixture of this. The mercs have to be pulled in by the defenders first then the attackers can grab them, iirc.

These are guild vs guild where the 30 merc people do not need to be part of the guild. It is unknown if mercs will be a part of the US release.

That means you would need 70 goons or more that are able to compete with any other guild on the server on equal footing. As of today we don't have that, and I doubt we would have it for the first defense.

Any alliance with other guilds to keep that land still requires either personal manpower from goons or enough money to win the auctions for the siege scrolls and even with the economy families, we are kinda short on money compared to what forest crows are pulling in. So we couldn't protect our selves by winning the siege scrolls via auction.

The people who did the organization for attempting alliances with other people decided to leave so there is also that. We have already asked people to go ahead and talk to other guilds and see what can be done as to not go gently caress goons. With a few days left, I'm not expecting much.

TLDR; We could of claimed one and lost it within 3 weeks, less chance we will claim one now.

HOUSING
Trions post says new housing comes up around the castle and farther from the castles. The close stuff can be demolished by the lord, the far stuff can't. Taxes will be paid in tax certificates and then converted to gold for the lord.

If you don't have a house now expect to be in the same situation as the people with houses will go out there and claim as much as possible for their selves to use or sell like they already did. Like if you got a job and work during that time, good luck.

A lot of space does open up but I can see the economy CAPTAINS OF THE INDUSTRY still claiming most if not all of it.

I'll correct this if any of it is wrong, and going to go look up the parts I am still fuzzy on.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Extra posted:

you seem to imply anyone actually cares about "getting poo poo done" in a stupid online video game

why even play a video game if not to do things in it

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Oh even with the super grindy korean version of castle sieges, there is one korean guild that is so geared they go win all 3 castles on a server, transfer the entire guild to another server, capture those castles, and keeps going around to different servers to win them all.

They don't stay on a server since they know it would destroy it.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Extra posted:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Some people derive their fun from "getting poo poo done" in a video game. Don't shame.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Yeah, not defending Arrg here but maybe you were ignored because you never brought up proof?
From this post you're saying you could have had BFM banned like 6 months ago. So really that whole poo poo is either as much your fault as it is his, or neither of you are at fault due to lack of evidence to provide at that point. I do not know because I am after-launch AA goon and was glad he was gone so quickly (from my initial perspective)

I never really was exposed to Arrg but if he was a blatant racist then yanno, that's damning enough reason to poo poo on him.

---

I also agree Balistafreak should get the guildbank if possible. Goons poo poo on him all the time but he's been great. He's great officer material and tries to involve goons in doing fun things. Same for Kimsemus as well.

The fishers blew up either way too much for a mis-com or they didn't want to loving solve it like adults and talk, thus goonfucking the entire guild in a toxic cloud. Emotions ran high, but they forgot that this is a dumb game and as a economy and PVP sim we need inter-guild diplomacy along with in-guild diplomacy. They spent hours working with other guilds and giving them money we "stole" and refused to work with their own other than shouting at them to listen to them :v:

This is what happens when you hold your anger in with no cathartic release via fun PvP :black101:. I should know, I do stuff more boring than fishing (3 pack Trade carts make the more money than fishing if you know math). My only worry is that mat prices will stay the same even though pack prices tank more. :ohdear: *edit: may just have been a mis-com from the newspost and it might be even more expensive not less*

Also with the ease of getting a farm Wagon now, I think we should start getting enough gilda to build Fellowship Plazas. Custom trade-pack that is only craftable by patrons who own property in that zone. If we own the station we can loving block it off with boxes and only allow our own to craft

ThndrShk2k fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 1, 2014

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

...you still need the thunderstruck to make the original cart, so price should be normal.

I'm aware of that, but the difference between the farm cart mats (1 log) and the old farm wagon mats (2 trees) is over 2000 gold so I thought it was too good to be true. I'll probably end up just selling both of my trees and buying a single log for the cart. Since a lot of goons already have fishing boats, it's pretty pointless for me to build one so I don't really have any use for the trees anymore.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

ThndrShk2k posted:

Also with the ease of getting a farm Wagon now
Where are people getting this from? If anything, it got even worse since you now also need the farm cart design in addition to all the other stuff.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

InternetJunky posted:

Where are people getting this from? If anything, it got even worse since you now also need the farm cart design in addition to all the other stuff.

Farm cart = 1 log + other crap
Farm Wagon (old) = 2 trees + flaming logs + archeum logs + other crap
Farm Wagon (new) = Cart(1log) + flaming logs + same recipe as old one

1 tree = 4 logs if you do not process it. Therefor it's 1/4th as rare.

:ms:
VVV

So they made it even MORE rare?
OK nm I'm way into that. Got a URL for that response?
Edit:
Here's one of the responses that are less vague from trion, but not the same post as below

Here we go, the official response that says it exactly

ThndrShk2k fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

ThndrShk2k posted:

Farm cart = 1 log + other crap
Farm Wagon (old) = 2 trees + flaming logs + archeum logs + other crap
Farm Wagon (new) = Cart + flaming logs + Other crap? :???:

1 tree = 4 logs if you do not process it. Therefor it's 1/4th as rare.

Official response from Trion:

quote:

Hi guys! Yep - the Scroll to summon the Farm Cart is now a required ingredient to create the 4-slot Farm Wagon. The recipe currently requires thunderstruck trees and flaming logs for different components.

So ... save those trees!

• Locked thread