Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
didnt see the edit, am now lol-ing even harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Games > The MMO HMO > Archeage Thread for Additional Fishing Meltdowns

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
i think the reason kimsemus attacked valor fishing boats is because its fun. i dont think there was a conspiracy. its a game and some goons wanted to do it so they did it.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's a big conspiracy and there's LIES if i keep saying lies enough i sure as hell won't sound like a loving truther about a goddamn videogame, nosirree

lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so i still dont get why we care if some dumb shitlords in an open pvp zone were too dumb to defend themselves and got attacked

its an open pvp zone

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Khako posted:

The amount of lies that your group spreads is hilarious. Why do you feel the need to lie about what happened in a loving video game. If you guys were like, Valor are fuckheads, we killed their boat because VALOR #1 or some poo poo then cool. Crafting some story to defend yourselves then having tunnel-vision with it is just hilarious. This is such a trainwreck. I was in the raid when Kimsemsus finally logged in to do something, we got zero fish that raid. Deutsche, you're still going with this lie lmao. I'm sure you guys got fish in the days after but that raid got nothing other than starting all of this.

I found a game you might enjoy better, here, try this:

http://www.onrpg.com/games/world-tour-fishing/

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Carol Pizzamom posted:

i think the reason kimsemus attacked valor fishing boats is because its fun. i dont think there was a conspiracy. its a game and some goons wanted to do it so they did it.

You dont get it the fishing alliance is now broken and because of it we'll never be able to fish in peace :qq:.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

so i still dont get why we care if some dumb shitlords in an open pvp zone were too dumb to defend themselves and got attacked

its an open pvp zone

jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

sword_man.xmas posted:

Yet the hurt butt feelings burn with the intensity of a thousand suns.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think BFM's plan all along was to ruin the fishing pact.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

sword_man.xmas posted:

simple pirate cannons aren't energetic enough to destroy a fishing boat.... These marks are characteristic of Goonery

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Eonwe posted:

I think BFM's plan all along was to ruin the fishing pact.

it was me, i ruined the fishing pact

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
lock me up and throw away the key

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Clearly, the best option is to destroy all fishermen.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

qnqnx posted:

Clearly, the best option is to destroy all fishermen.

Poison the oceans, kill all the fish.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
It's a conspiracy, I've convinced a bunch of goons from different communities/interests, and even fellow imps, to lie for me because you are the only one that knows the truth of what happened and I had to make sure you were silenced.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Khako posted:

I'm sure you guys got fish in the days after but that raid got nothing other than starting all of this.

This was worth more than all of the fish in archeage.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
God bless Kimsemus.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Khako posted:

The amount of lies that your group spreads is hilarious. Why do you feel the need to lie about what happened in a loving video game. If you guys were like, Valor are fuckheads, we killed their boat because VALOR #1 or some poo poo then cool. Crafting some story to defend yourselves then having tunnel-vision with it is just hilarious. This is such a trainwreck. I was in the raid when Kimsemsus finally logged in to do something, we got zero fish that raid. Deutsche, you're still going with this lie lmao. I'm sure you guys got fish in the days after but that raid got nothing other than starting all of this.

I was in that raid and have a marlin trophy from that day as proof. We raided plenty of ships and got tons of fish. This is on top of having a lot of fun, which is supposed to be the reason you play a game in the first place.

You can whine all you want about how Kimsemus is lying but you're not convincing anyone but yourself.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
You guys are missing the important thing here.

The mcrib is back.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Third World Reggin posted:

You guys are missing the important thing here.

The mcrib is back.

Well over here we get the McRib all year long so suck it.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Khako posted:

nobody likes you. you are not a stable normal person and you're throwing a posting tantrum over internet fish. your life is a joke.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

It's OK though, there's hope. Log out of ArcheAge and go do cool stuff and you can probably end up a more stable and cool person than 99% of goons. God speed, friend!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KezvwARhBIc

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Oh my god this is why the 'pick a box' guy in those Rogue Legacy rooms says 'You sooooo stupid'

I had no idea

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
goons.avi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XmJ2r2oAp4

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Y5XjlO4vk

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Oh my god this is why the 'pick a box' guy in those Rogue Legacy rooms says 'You sooooo stupid'

I had no idea

UHF is a good movie and the next person who has a meltdown or drama issues should go shut down the game and watch it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Goon fishing enthusiasts - Love fishing, but you can't because goons ruin it?

A quick trip to Wal-Mart will set you right up. Fish right from the comfort of your sofa. (get some grub to eat while you fish - cheetohs will do)

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

I laughed too hard at this.

Morglon posted:

No tier 3 is 300

I mean, is t3 coming in this patch?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Guild Policy Update on Fishing:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AquvweuaAGg

which fishing goon is this

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

lol

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0OX_8YvFxA

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Plus you are totally going to put a hole in your barrel. What good is that?

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
I feel no different now that I am in the imp zone cool dudes circle.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

wtfmoses posted:

I feel no different now that I am in the imp zone cool dudes circle.

hi5 fellow imp

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Someone make a private server for AA where everyone has the same choice of gear and consumable buffs / potions are turned off so all that matters is naval supremacy, thank you.

e: Basically I want Mount and Blade with AA's boat mechanics thanks in advance.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 2, 2014

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."
I have to say I admire imp zone's ability to keep its eye on the prize in this thread and the previous ones. You guys don't skip a beat, Great job.

To clarify a few things, the majority of people left not because of fishing but because most people who cared about the guild were not getting anywhere because of various setbacks that effectively neutered their ability to get anything done. Examples BFM and the surrounding drama, SCT leaving, Dodgy being gone for several weeks( hope things are going better for you man), Kimsemus directly defying other officers wishes, etc. We had made considerable progress in spite of dodgy being gone in getting the guild prepared for auroria. That is why you saw so much energy being pumped into fishing. The reality is that it was means to an end. People were trying to get money so that they could get gear and in turn so that they could do what we, the officers, had asked of them. This of course was that they be prepared for Auroria.
Kimsemus was told by multiple officers not to pirate in the areas where goon fishers were known to be unless explicitly requested by them. This was supposed to last until Auroria. What he did instead was directly the opposite and when called out, again multiple officers, he proceeded to goon gently caress like none other. A metaphorical game of "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you, im not touching you!". Taters, getting control of the guild had nothing to do with the splintering and in fact is what quite a blessing. He realized that Kimsemus was destructive to the guild which was why he was immediately kicked( also due to the fact that he is a complete tool). For a split second we had real goon unity and we absolutely stomped Freedich and anyone who opposed us. We pushed 2 or 3 merchant ships full of packs in a matter of minutes. It was incredible and I was really hopeful that we might be able to get it back on track. Once that concluded we were essentially back to the way things were and everyone proceeded to make mountains out of nothing. The result of all of this bullshit was that those of us who really wanted to see the guild progress became so burnt out that we just didn't give a gently caress anymore. I really wish all of you could have seen and heard the amount of positive discourse we had two weeks ago about the future of the guild in mumble and officers chat on the offsite. Things were really looking up until this whole fishing drama poo poo happened.

That is why you saw a mass exodus of the real movers and shakers of the guild to wicked or other guilds. The irony of it all is that the same people who complained about the guild not doing anything were the ones being vocally disruptive. In the end, we all lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

why did you do that

• Locked thread