Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009

Doflamingo posted:

Why would anything have only 32MB of RAM in it in 2014? I think you have the wrong thread or something.

640k is enough for everyone didn't u know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I was going to say a smart watch, but nope smartwatches have 512.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Zarfol posted:

I cannot believe the same lol 32 mb poo poo is posted in this thread over and over and anyone actually thinks it's funny. Maybe for the first month, but now this is worse than gbs. Go post on some reddit Xbox circlejerk thread or make another shark tank thread.

G-g-guys don't p-post if you c-can't say anything n-n-nice

Don't be a bitch

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009

Haquer posted:

G-g-guys don't p-post if you c-can't say anything n-n-nice

Don't be a bitch

Be funny on a comedy forum and thread

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zarfol posted:

They are being funny, but you are attempting to set limits on comedy.

Comedy can't have limits.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
paging 32MB of ESRAM

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shukaro posted:

paging 32MB of ESRAM

Well yeah you'd have to page with that little ram.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Zarfol posted:

You're telling people to not run jokes into the ground and in the same breath wanting people to be funny.

These things are not mutually exclusive.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The xbox one is good and fun now

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

ethanol posted:

The xbox one is good and fun now
:waycool:

I think ethanol might be my new fav poster, he's such a pal! :)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Joe when do you even sleep

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

Bobtista is literally a wrestling hipster. He can't stand those mainstream WWE sellouts with their loving pompous hairstyles and their unrealistic clothesline techniques.

Bobtista is way too classy for that bullshit.

He only watches indie wrestling. Those poor motherfuckers really know how to wear tiny shorts and slap each other on the neck to make a red mark. loving A!

Bobtista also owns a ps4 but posts exclusively in the xbox one thread which is another strange thing you should know about him.

This is all true, not a single word in this post is fud.

This is too long for profile text could you edit it for just the highlights? Tia.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

ethanol posted:

Joe when do you even sleep
10 PM to 6 AM, why?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Great Joe posted:

10 PM to 6 AM, why?

Idk that's a good schedule... oh well see you tonight

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Have a nice day! :)

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Weekly deals has D4 for $10, which is a pretty decent deal:

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/D4-Dark-Dreams-Dont-Die/6e82a9a6-b6a0-4c30-a50f-1e0ebafee8bc

(also some other games that no one probably cares about)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
everyone in this thread rocks and when people pop in and have a bitch / don't get what's going on they simply join the list of awesome people

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

:vince:

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
So I just bought the CoD:AW "Day Zero" edition on the online store despite it being Day 1. Weirdly it was unavailable yesterday, and the regular version is still listed as "Unavailable".

Also you can still buy games from countries that don't match your IP address, so not sure what Univbee was talking about before as far as this changing. It hasn't. Univbee, you make by far the highest effort posts in this thread, many of which are pretty good, but you mix in fact and fiction like you're writing a magical realism novel ITT.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

hanyolo posted:

Just finished SO, definitely agree with everyone here where the 2nd half of the game is way better once you unlock all of your movement skills. Really good game too, glad I made the right choice of console to buy :woop:

"I played a game a year before the Steam sale, this validates my $400 purchase "

We sold out of Sunset bundles on launch day. This is because our store got 3. I sold more copies of GTA 5 on PS3 that day.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Seedge posted:

We sold out of Sunset bundles on launch day. This is because our store got 3. I sold more copies of GTA 5 on PS3 that day.

Do you think Microsoft wants two different bone thrones of unwanted merchandise?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Saladman posted:

So I just bought the CoD:AW "Day Zero" edition on the online store despite it being Day 1. Weirdly it was unavailable yesterday, and the regular version is still listed as "Unavailable".

Also you can still buy games from countries that don't match your IP address, so not sure what Univbee was talking about before as far as this changing. It hasn't. Univbee, you make by far the highest effort posts in this thread, many of which are pretty good, but you mix in fact and fiction like you're writing a magical realism novel ITT.

they'll keep selling those until they run out. I got a day one edition of forza horizon 2 yesterday

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Maybe..just maybe...the idea of a "system seller" is dumb because no game is worth 400 dollars (except star citizen of course). That its a collection of games and features that add up over time make it a solid purchase.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Maybe..just maybe...the idea of a "system seller" is dumb because no game is worth 400 dollars (except star citizen of course). That its a collection of games and features that add up over time make it a solid purchase.
Whatever makes you sleep at night

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_application

But I am sure internet person RonMexicosPitbull knows better than over a decade of consoles that have competed using system sellers.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I dunno, I bought a Wii U as a Mario vending machine, I am sure others have too.
I'd agree that it is rare maybe but it is certainly doable with an extrememly strong exclusive IP, which Microsoft don't have.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would buy anything that came with a new Saints Row.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Aphrodite posted:

I would buy anything that came with a new Saints Row.

I'd buy a flaming pile of ebola encrusted orphans if it came with Saints Row

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

ethanol posted:

they'll keep selling those until they run out. I got a day one edition of forza horizon 2 yesterday

I mean I bought the digital edition of CoD: AW on the Microsoft marketplace, not online as in on Amazon.com. Oddly I couldn't buy it yesterday, only today (and any day before yesterday, I guess).

Not that any of the Day Zero stuff is any use anymore, except I guess I get a couple unlocks early.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Whatever makes you sleep at night

The system seller "driveclub" makes me sleep at night, it's a really loving boring poo poo game. Luckily if I join the online queue just before I close my eyes I can usually get 8 hours kip before I am about to start my first race. Queues long man. Then psn crashes. :(

I got all the special jumps in sunset overdrive now, game owns. GOTY for me. I haven't even had a chance to try fh2 yet, it's just sitting there unused like bobtistas ds4.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saladman posted:

I mean I bought the digital edition of CoD: AW on the Microsoft marketplace, not online as in on Amazon.com. Oddly I couldn't buy it yesterday, only today (and any day before yesterday, I guess).

Not that any of the Day Zero stuff is any use anymore, except I guess I get a couple unlocks early.

Yeah, the game buyable today is still Day Zero edition.

Which, incidentally, has broken the free digital upgrade offer.

Crafty posted:

The system seller "driveclub" makes me sleep at night, it's a really loving boring poo poo game. Luckily if I join the online queue just before I close my eyes I can usually get 8 hours kip before I am about to start my first race. Queues long man. Then psn crashes. :(

I got all the special jumps in sunset overdrive now, game owns. GOTY for me. I haven't even had a chance to try fh2 yet, it's just sitting there unused like bobtistas ds4.

He's actually pretending to own a console and game now.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Crafty posted:

You okay?

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Halo CE online multi-player was worth about 550 bucks to me and by the time I'm done getting my hours out of that game the purchase will be pennies on the hour.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

quote:

Halo and Gears of War are considered to be the killer apps for the Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.[15]

:eyepop:

The citation is for Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2008.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Haquer posted:

You okay?

Yeah I am alright I think.

Gotta come clean though, I don't own a ps4 and/or driving clubs.

I lied!

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I stopped putting my PS4 in standby because of that glitch thing and now my controllers aren't charged. The hubris of rechargeable batteries is finally revealed.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Crafty posted:

Yeah I am alright I think.

Gotta come clean though, I don't own a ps4 and/or driving clubs.

I lied!

Dear friend why do you bring up the ps4 in this Xbox The One thread so often?

:(

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aphrodite posted:

lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bass Bottles posted:

I stopped putting my PS4 in standby because of that glitch thing and now my controllers aren't charged. The hubris of rechargeable batteries is finally revealed.

Is it as bad as the wii u gamepad? I have to keep that thing tethered a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Haquer posted:

Dear friend why do you bring up the ps4 in this Xbox The One thread so often?

:(

The failure of driveclub is the funniest thing that happened in console gaming in tyool 2014

And I find it ironic that poor scrubs come onto my block trying to insult king bone when they bought a console with no online capabilities. I'm pointing that out.

Those two reasons mainly. :shrug:

• Locked thread