Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

lol this game

Heard you ran into the dickless wonder today on the high seas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Mimetic posted:

I mostly can't believe that Tractor Team Six actually does things other than roadblocks. Props to them.

EDIT: I had that disconnect issue too. Restarting it didn't fix it, but spamming login attempts did. Really sucks for anyone who still isn't on after things are over.

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT? Did TT6 really get a castle?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Widestancer posted:

Heard you ran into the dickless wonder today on the high seas!

apparently I should "make a post about it"

so here it is

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

tatersyum posted:

TT6 on Ollo got the second castle I think? Maybe the third?

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Mimetic posted:

TT6 on Ollo got the second castle I think? Maybe the third?

Tractor Team Six was the best Western guild in Alpha so it was a no brainer

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Please post more meltdowns from people that really wanted castles when they become available tia.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

tatersyum posted:

There was an eastern agreement to run a castle cartel and 3 of the major guilds involved tried to backstab the others and got hosed.

QC Republic and Infinite lost their packs on the seas to TT6 and Freshly squeezed.

RDD ended up losing their pack on the 5 yard line and LotD took their spot.

tatersyum posted:

Tractor Team Six was the best Western guild in Alpha so it was a no brainer

I like them but their allies are incredibly obsessive children.

Agent Provocatard
Dec 4, 2002
Unrelated to the matter being considered.
I honestly kinda feel bad for people that spend weeks getting supplies and going over battle plans and poo poo when in the end it sounds like it was just a lottery of the right people could stay logged in. Like those are the type of people that actually like this game getting shitted on. No one deserves to be shitted on by the ones they love. :(

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
claiming castles is not as important as holding on to them

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
lol this is probably the most hardcore fuckup in MMO history since the launch of Anarchy Online.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

claiming castles is not as important as holding on to them

Well it is hilarious when a 20 man guild claims a castle!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Mercury_Storm posted:

lol this is probably the most hardcore fuckup in MMO history since the launch of Anarchy Online.

not the warhammer online double billing why did you kill my grandma you shut off our power with over draft fees

or the eve deleted boot.ini and computer failed to start

there are a few others you could choose that are bigger than hackshield silly castle thing

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Ohhh poo poo I forgot about the warhammer online billing thing. Yeah that's definitely the worst.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

tatersyum posted:

Well it is hilarious when a 20 man guild claims a castle!

To be fair they had about 400 people helping them place.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Agent Provocatard posted:

No one deserves to be shitted on by the ones they love. :(

Please don't kinkshame :metis:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
So how do you disable hackshield anyways? At this point it would just be community service to people who don't want to crash at character select every time or constantly during gameplay.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
A bunch of us managed to place plots tonight, so I call it a victory. The 3rd and 4th castles took so drat long to place I was falling asleep in my chair. Also pubbies on the AA forums are screaming bloody murder about pre-patch rollbacks and refunds, its great.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

This made my day.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

owned

Phyre
Feb 7, 2002
Smack Monkey
Managed to login after not being able to for about 2 hours. Logged in right before the 3rd castle fell and managed to place two thatched. One of them is going to a goon who asked me to place one for him. I forgot your name, but know that Antfidel did good. Now only if I could login again.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Yeah, that sucks for Valor, Trion hosed em' hard on that one. Bloodline had the same issues.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
yea i nabbed a thatched and a large farm right next to each other in calmlands. bunch of other goons got land. valor got hosed up the rear end

today was a good day

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Arcade posted:

Yeah, that sucks for Valor, Trion hosed em' hard on that one. Bloodline had the same issues.

My guild had the same thing happen, but we didn't have the numbers to fight the massive opposition against us at that point so it was moot.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

After the first two castles were down on Aranzeb, it was just a lot of waiting with people crashing, lag spikes, and killing lots of furry crows who couldn't stick with their zerg. It dragged on too long, think I used up a good 250g on buffs.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Arcade posted:

After the first two castles were down on Aranzeb, it was just a lot of waiting with people crashing, lag spikes, and killing lots of furry crows who couldn't stick with their zerg. It dragged on too long, think I used up a good 250g on buffs.

i got land without spending a single copper on buffs so i think you did it wrong hth

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

i got land without spending a single copper on buffs so i think you did it wrong hth

I wasn't really there for the land, but it was a nice bonus. I honestly didn't expect to get any.

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012
I'm still laughing at all the people who thought this was going to be some kind of actual controlled event with perimeters and patrols and poo poo who popped every consumable under the sun as soon as they jumped through the worldgate.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Nope, I haven't been able to log in even once. Unless I'm some goofy outlier, which wouldn't surprise me.

You're not alone. A lot of people haven't been able to get in myself included.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

balistafreak posted:

I'm still laughing at all the people who thought this was going to be some kind of actual controlled event with perimeters and patrols and poo poo who popped every consumable under the sun as soon as they jumped through the worldgate.

The first half hour was pretty much that though.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The server select screen is evidence enough that thousands of people can't get in at all. It's the foremost event since the server launch, during prime time, and not one of the servers is even on "High" player count, let alone queued.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 5, 2014

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

Arcade posted:

The first half hour was pretty much that though.

Maybe for the Anya mining, sure, but during the landgrabbing I was literally standing shoulder to shoulder with greens and reds alike and no one was so much as popping a PBAoE or a fear because we were all too busy furiously clicking to put down our land.

For like five minutes straight.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

balistafreak posted:

Maybe for the Anya mining, sure, but during the landgrabbing I was literally standing shoulder to shoulder with greens and reds alike and no one was so much as popping a PBAoE or a fear because we were all too busy furiously clicking to put down our land.

For like five minutes straight.

Ah yeah the land grabbing was when everyone got serious and said gently caress pvp lol. You could just stand there and kill people by chain casting flamebolt.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
I decided to sleep instead of logging on this morning because land rushing Auroria isn't as cool as watching Tom Cruise do it in Far and Away.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

ruffz posted:

Before I started getting repeatedly ganked, I used Auroria mineral water on 14 blazing trees and got exactly zero flaming logs, so that's pretty cool. I guess it'll be a month until I get my farm wagon at this rate.
You're doing it wrong. After you put the water on the tree you have to wait about 10 minutes and it turns into a smouldering tree, at which point you loot it for 3 logs.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Angela Christine posted:

Yeah, no offence to Minti or the guys who have enough land to plant 108 cedars at a time, but escalating taxes obviously aren't enough to keep people from being greedy land hogs. As it is there is no reason not to drop a cottage where ever you see space, and decide later if you want to use it or just sell it off.

There is a cap on how many properties the game actually taxes you for. It's 10 or so, before you stop getting taxed for additional land. So unless that cap changed or was removed over the last month or so, there is basically no reason to not snatch up everything you can, if you can afford the capped taxes.

DarkStryke
Jun 7, 2006

Mercury_Storm posted:

Don't worry, one of the goons has Scott on speed dial so all will be fixed!

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014
How does the extra tax on Auroria work?

When there's a tax rate of 50% is that 50% of the base tax only or does that 50% also include tax increase due to owning more than 3 buildings?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

LunaDeus posted:

How does the extra tax on Auroria work?

When there's a tax rate of 50% is that 50% of the base tax only or does that 50% also include tax increase due to owning more than 3 buildings?

50% of the base. so a thatched costs 23 certs/week in a maxed tax zone

heathkit
May 1, 2009
And now the forums are down. This is pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Trion is almost as good an MMO publisher as FunCompetence.

• Locked thread