Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wildstrike
Apr 8, 2007

I will gladly pay you my soul Tuesday, for a glut to the longing of my heart's desire today...
I'm sure that I easily meet the system requirements but for some reason the game tends to play well for a few rooms and then I get massive slow down - has anyone else been having issues with this?

Is a NVIDIA Quadro 1000M a below spec graphics card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Magres posted:

Is there any way to make the game a little bigger without full screening it? I don't like playing on the like 800x600 that it defaults to but I don't want to go all the way up to fullscreen because I have two monitors and fullscreen messes with my other monitor.

Just corner resize. It works, just no maximize button for some reason.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

PostNouveau posted:

Hahaha, I just picked up a gimp mask. What the gently caress

I'm not sure, but I think that might have a chance to drop soul hearts when you take damage. I got one on my last run and something was definitely dropping soul hearts. I was doing the Soy Milk/Small Planet challenge and I just don't know about the Soy Milk. It just seems so weak. I got guppy mode going and it was hilarious to see a solid line of flies attacking bosses, but even the flies did so little damage. I tried the boss rush room and that run and I think I almost got to the end but I died, and the second set of horseman. Fortunately, I had 9 lives so I was still able to complete the challenge.

Also, that demon looking boss with the curving brimstone lasers is a huge pain in the rear end.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I unlocked Azazel on my first run through and she's totes my favorite character now. Guppy'sTammy's Head is ridiculously OP because it spams 8 of your charge attack in all directions and can prettymuch one-shot anything you stand beside.

I also got into some room after beating mom that spawned every boss in the game in waves of 2 or 3. It was crazy and took like fifteen minutes to beat but holy poo poo that's the most fun I've had in any game in a while.

I'm going through this game blind because I don't have internet connection in my room (staying at a pretty bush league hotel) so I don't know what most of the items do until picking them up (sometimes not even then!)

All in all 10 bucks well spent :toot:

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 5, 2014

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I touched a dice on the floor and got a bunch of poo poo and lost a bunch of poo poo (like the loving compass, I wanted that :mad:). I dunno what combo it gave me that made Tiny Planet suck so hard. Managed to beat Mom's Heart, though.

EDIT: Also I have picked up at least four or five items and have had no idea what they do. This is.....great?

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

Ahahaha noooope.

I don't know if that's more hilarious or horrifying. And here I thought it wouldn't be that much harder to 100% than the original!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

NickPancakes posted:

Just corner resize. It works, just no maximize button for some reason.

Oh, thank you!

Other question: Is the R U A WIZARD? pill meant to be completely crippling? I just loving restart if I get one, I hate that pill so goddamned much.

(I might have the name wrong, it makes you shoot pills outward at a 45 degree angle and it's absolutely miserable to play with)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So whats the deal with the timer on the map screen?

e:

quote:

Other question: Is the R U A WIZARD? pill meant to be completely crippling? I just loving restart if I get one, I hate that pill so goddamned much.

I think the effects are temporary - or at least when I got one it made me shoot on a diagonal for awhile, but went away?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

dude789 posted:

I'm not sure, but I think that might have a chance to drop soul hearts when you take damage. I got one on my last run and something was definitely dropping soul hearts. I was doing the Soy Milk/Small Planet challenge and I just don't know about the Soy Milk. It just seems so weak. I got guppy mode going and it was hilarious to see a solid line of flies attacking bosses, but even the flies did so little damage. I tried the boss rush room and that run and I think I almost got to the end but I died, and the second set of horseman. Fortunately, I had 9 lives so I was still able to complete the challenge.

Also, that demon looking boss with the curving brimstone lasers is a huge pain in the rear end.

Yeah, I think you're correct. I'm not dropping soul hearts every time though, so I've got no idea what the odds are.

Oxyclean posted:

So whats the deal with the timer on the map screen?

I think if you beat Mom in under 20 minutes, you unlock a secret. There might be other timed challenges as well.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Brimstone, Antigrav tears, and a pile of fire rate items.
Charge up, leave a Brimstone orb where you fired, which then charges up on its own, THEN fires.
Takes a second to get going when you first enter a room but once they do start firing you're basically broadsiding everything since you can have multiple going at once!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Magres posted:

Oh, thank you!

(I might have the name wrong, it makes you shoot pills outward at a 45 degree angle and it's absolutely miserable to play with)

It only lasts a certain amount of shots, if you end up taking the pill outside of combat just sit still and shoot at nothing until the effect wears off.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

This game is great with all the new items, gotta love some of these challenges, but the solar system one is almost impossible :(

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Color Printer posted:

EDIT: Also I have picked up at least four or five items and have had no idea what they do. This is.....great?

Yeah, I wish the game just told you what the items do. Or let you look at the names of the items you have. Or had pretty much any inventory system at all. Checking the wiki over and over is tedious.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I am loving the PS4/Vita verison, but I am a bit worry it might get left behind in updates compare to the Steam release.

That said, Revenge Fly for a minor little item is pretty good if you get hit on a non-mobile boss like Mom's Heart or Grundy, as it just rapidly drains their health while it just hovers over them.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Goddamn this game makes my eyes tired a lot faster than the original. gently caress the womb's hazy overlay and curse of darkness. Also it seems there is pretty much no music variation, the basement track is good but caves and beyond... meh. At least Mom's Heart is dead now.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Okay, this new intro is pretty fantastic.

And now: to play!

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!
Speaking of I tried the Vita version with PS+. It's really spot-on to what I'm playing on PC, I just don't care terribly much for the controls.

Shame I'm probably going to sell it, a portable Binding would be a blast. :(

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Anyone figured out what the deal is with "The Lost"?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
So I'm pretty sure soulheart damage doesn't count towards the achievements for not taking damage, cause I just got basement boy despite having lost a soul heart over the course of the floor.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
It looks like I found a fix for my not saving problem. By deleting the files in the My Documents\My Games\Binding of Isaac Rebirth folder and then relaunching the game things seem to be saving properly for me now.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Magres posted:

So I'm pretty sure soulheart damage doesn't count towards the achievements for not taking damage, cause I just got basement boy despite having lost a soul heart over the course of the floor.

People think Basement Boy is bugged right now. I got it but I didn't unlock Samson which shouldn't really be happening if the achievement's working right.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

omeg posted:

Goddamn this game makes my eyes tired a lot faster than the original. gently caress the womb's hazy overlay and curse of darkness. Also it seems there is pretty much no music variation, the basement track is good but caves and beyond... meh. At least Mom's Heart is dead now.
The music actually changes up depending on your health and how many enemies are in the room, I found it pretty neat. I'm digging the music as a whole, too.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Wildstrike posted:

I'm sure that I easily meet the system requirements but for some reason the game tends to play well for a few rooms and then I get massive slow down - has anyone else been having issues with this?

Is a NVIDIA Quadro 1000M a below spec graphics card?

Quadros are built for things like rendering, GPGPU, or CAD stuff. Even if sometimes on paper they're as good as gaming cards, they're not really optimized the same way.

That said, there's no reason a 2D sprite-based game should be chugging on drat near any system with a discrete graphics card, Quadro or not.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I accidentally bombed the carpet in a room with a bed

:stare: Wasn't expecting that.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Does anyone know what Gimpy does? The description is "sweet suffering" but it doesn't seem to have any activation effect when taking damage etc.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Jsor posted:

That said, there's no reason a 2D sprite-based game should be chugging on drat near any system with a discrete graphics card, Quadro or not.

Going to fullscreen made it run a lot faster for me.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The Slow Roll challenge is amazing. So satisfying after a string of lovely runs.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Oh man, there's a Tanooki suit. :allears:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magres posted:

Is there any way to make the game a little bigger without full screening it? I don't like playing on the like 800x600 that it defaults to but I don't want to go all the way up to fullscreen because I have two monitors and fullscreen messes with my other monitor.

Double click the window pane, just like you would a windows explorer window to maximize it.

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Does anyone know what Gimpy does? The description is "sweet suffering" but it doesn't seem to have any activation effect when taking damage etc.

Thread is saying it sometimes grants you a Soul Heart after being damaged.

Kinda makes sense.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Reformed Pissboy posted:

This is just a guess, but PostNouveau and I started getting random Soul Heart drops after we took damage after picking it up, but I don't know the exact rate.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Holy poo poo I just found the best bug ever. If you beat Mom in the Depths for the first time with the unicorn powerup on (I don't know if it works for the activated item or just Taurus) then it makes all of the audio for the ending play SUPER fast because the rainbow unicorn mode speeds all the audio up :allears:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
This game is confusing. Why do my hearts turn grey sometimes? Are the teeth doors worth going into?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Grey hearts are soul hearts, aka "armor". Teeth doors are curse rooms which cost 1 heart to enter/leave and sometimes have good stuff in them. Or not.

And the black hearts are also soul hearts but damage all enemies in the room when used up.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

This game is confusing. Why do my hearts turn grey sometimes? Are the teeth doors worth going into?

The game is about taking chances. If you play it safe it will get more difficult. The "teeth" room might have something in it that might make you stronger or have more health. You have to take a chance.

Grey hearts are one hit health. Well two hit health, then they are gone forever. Black hearts are new to the game. They are similar to grey hearts but they also will damage enemies when you lose one.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

dude789 posted:

This is just a guess, but PostNouveau and I started getting random Soul Heart drops after we took damage after picking it up, but I don't know the exact rate.

Ah, yeah, so that's what was happening my first heart run. That sounds right.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress, this game hurts my eyes.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Holy poo poo the boss rush is loving insane.

Probably not a coincidence that I found it in the same run where I was hilariously overpowered enough to beat it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Got brimstone, homing, triple eye, and couple power ups. Just blasts a side of the screen and watch everything blow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Teeth rooms are definitely worth it if you have no soul hearts and have hearts going spare at the end of a level. Otherwise you have to decide whether what's inside (could be more hearts, or sometimes even good items) is worth losing a soul heart for. Note that if you're flying you only have to sacrifice half a heart (on the way out but not the way in), for some reason.