Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Harminoff posted:

So what's Obama to do for the next 2 years?

Make a grand comprimise that kills medicare and privatizes soical security. But he'll get an extra month of unemployment insurance out of it :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Harminoff posted:

Win his fantasy football league.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, but between the three states, we make up most of the population that matters (gently caress off florida, you had your chance)

Florida tries but even all the retirees that move there don't really make up for all the ones that die every year.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Alexzandvar posted:

lol if you think the republicans will nominate a man who has not only touched, but hugged Obama. And by now the American public is allergic to to seeing the word Bush on a presidential ballot.

The GOP is probably smart enough to see how badly the dynastic candidates are faring this cycle and will look for a fresh face to exploit that sentiment against Clinton.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Harminoff posted:

"If I go into Syria will you raise the debt ceiling?"

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i wonder how landrieu's run off will go assuming that the next government shutdown will actually be fresh in everyone's memory when it happens

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.
my mom just texted me apologizing for all the dumb fygm shitheads in her generation, that cheered me up a little bit at least

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Yo people who are surprised about Wisconsin:

YES MINNESOTA IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

axeil posted:

Although, there are way more rural states than urban ones.

The GOP/Dem split is the same rural/urban issue that this country has been having since before the Revolutionary War happened.

my bad math says if CA had senators apportioned at the same ratio that the least populous state has (WY), then CA would send like 90 senators to washington to WY's 2.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Harminoff posted:

"gently caress it" *launches nukes*

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Alexzandvar posted:

lol if you think the republicans will nominate a man who has not only touched, but hugged Obama. And by now the American public is allergic to to seeing the word Bush on a presidential ballot.

Republicans have never failed to field the most electable candidate even though he is typically disliked by the base. The base never fails to turn out and vote for the man they didn't want either.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Harminoff posted:

To beat Roosevelt's record for presidential vetos, he'll need 6.1 vetoes per week for the next two years. I'd like to see him try it.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Harminoff posted:

Pretend to drop his pen for several million times

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
In case you were holding out hope for some reason, it's basically impossible for the Democrats to hold the Senate.

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011

Old Boot posted:

It's a matter of how many people get off their asses to vote in the midterms. A lot of the people that I knew at places I used to work just flat-out didn't, for whatever dumbass reason. I said it before, but it's worth repeating: the number of people I know in this state who just opted out of voting because 'why bother' is way larger than it should be.

I hate my (and the younger) generation.

Yep, seems that a similar thing happened in Illinois where out of 1.4 million registered voters in Chicago so far out of ~610,000 voters(90% of precincts counted) almost half the votes went to Rauner. :psyduck:

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

The Glumslinger posted:

Make a grand comprimise that kills medicare and privatizes soical security. But he'll get an extra month of unemployment insurance out of it :smithicide:

Neither of those things will happen.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

eviltastic posted:

Like basic they know how to make a seasonal good, or something that really stands out good, or something that happened to come after a bunch of other drinking good?

It's basically the only beer I drink during the couple of months they sell it.

Caveat I am one of those hipster jerks who like IPAs above all other beers.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Joementum posted:

In case you were holding out hope for some reason, it's basically impossible for the Democrats to hold the Senate.

For tonight or 2016?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

The GOP is probably smart enough to see how badly the dynastic candidates are faring this cycle and will look for a fresh face to exploit that sentiment against Clinton.

To bad the only fresh faces are part of the crazy clown car.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Republicans have never failed to field the most electable candidate even though he is typically disliked by the base. The base never fails to turn out and vote for the man they didn't want either.

Were you in a coma in 2012?

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MSNBC just called IL for Rauner

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

queertea posted:

Is this just how Wisconsin is now? I always thought we had as much progressive cred as our neighbor Little Scandinavia to the west, but we've been royally loving it up pretty consistently now.

Wisconsin's reputation as a liberal / progressive paradise is largely an urban legend at this point. Yeah, okay, there was Bob La Follette and we all slept in the Capitol for two weeks a few years ago, but outside of Dane County and chunks of Milwaukee and Fond du Lac counties, this is a very, very Republican state.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone have updates about which state legislatures have flipped?

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.
Obama should just go on permanent vacation and leave the trusty Joe Biden to run out the next two years

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

1337JiveTurkey posted:

For tonight or 2016?

Forever. :twisted:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Kiwi Ghost Chips posted:

Neither of those things will happen.

Yeah, he probably won't get the unemployment extension

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
His lead has only increased:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Timby posted:

Wisconsin's reputation as a liberal / progressive paradise is largely an urban legend at this point. Yeah, okay, there was Bob La Follette and we all slept in the Capitol for two weeks a few years ago, but outside of Dane County and chunks of Milwaukee and Fond du Lac counties, this is a very, very Republican state.

Pretty much this :smith:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Alexzandvar posted:

Were you in a coma in 2012?

Who was more electable than Romney? Of the candidates who actually ran, I mean?

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009
Oh god make it stop..this is a loving bloodbath :cry:

Republicans are drinking democrat tears right now, somebody remake the macro

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Shear Modulus posted:

Nothing wrong with that. Dogfish Head's 60 minute is wonderful.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

1337JiveTurkey posted:

For tonight or 2016?

The "easy" Democratic pickups in 2016 are Illinois and Pennsylvania. They will need to defend Nevada. And then things get tricky.

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away

Timby posted:

A-- are we turning into Michigan? :ohdear:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

queertea posted:

This is what happens when you kill unions.

You turn into detroit

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

queertea posted:

You have always been Michigan.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Why is Samantha Bee still a correspondent on The Daily Show, she's way funnier than most of the others and should have gotten her own show a while ago

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Who was more electable than Romney? Of the candidates who actually ran, I mean?

Romney was the most electable that ran, but the crazy off that the Republican primaries consist stop a lot of people from even throwing their hat into the game.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Shear Modulus posted:

Well, that's a recommendation that works for me. Thanks.

Also I think the hipster thing these days is moving to sour beers?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

But those are dynastic candidates in states hostile to Democrats.
The electoral college is not.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

queertea posted:

No, because Michigan elected a second Democratic senator tonight and you have Ron Johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Harminoff posted:

According to Glenn Beck, whose live election thing I checked into briefly earlier, NOW THE MASK COMES OFF AND OBAMA BECOMES THE REEEEEEEEAAAAL RADICAL.

These guys don't even try anymore.

• Locked thread