Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just hoping the game is down for a solid week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Nien posted:

I remember you. You're the one who used gently caress over Lincoln's raids by shooting early and then go : reddit: in gchat to anyone who called you a oval office.

You're a oval office.

Fun Fact: I never went to a Lincoln raid. I was fishing at the time. I quit fishing shortly after he left though.

It's okay to vent though. Don't want to keep all that misplaced rage pent up.

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Nov 5, 2014

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
So did valor quit now ?

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

quote:

UPDATE 11, 2:45 AM PST: Our testing has found an error with the latest build. XLGAMES has already been alerted to this with a new build requested. The team estimates we'll be testing it in about an hour.

I know this is frustrating, all. Bear in mind that we want you to be playing just as intensely as you do.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I remember way back when people were going "But Trion is dealing with the game its going to be great just look at Rift" and some knew what was up because XLgames have proven to be poo poo all the time.

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014
I made the dumb mistake of going afk thinking that you wouldn't get the disconnect error again just from getting booted to the character select screen (You do).

With no-one being able to log in, auction sniping was piss easy and I was able to grab around 400 tax certs for a grand total of 10 gold, among other things.

Funnily enough, I haven't been able to log in again for the rest of the day.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I remember way back when people were going "But Trion is dealing with the game its going to be great just look at Rift" and some knew what was up because XLgames have proven to be poo poo all the time.

Trion is also putting the bare minimum of support staff on this game, there are confirmed hackers and people who've harassed guildmates of mine by posting RL stuff in game who are still merrily playing at least a month after being reported.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Welp, the guild is cursed, but at least the game is cursed too.

:unsmith:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
We got the game this guild deserved.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

less than three posted:

Everything in the game is tied in to the RNG, why would you expect patch deployments to function any differently? They press F and deploy 1 to 6 commits worth of changes to the live environment.

This post was a good post and didn't get enough love.

Atown
Aug 10, 2011
I'm afk in the courthouse, which is 50% empty right now. Game is working fine (until my modem DCs).

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

how's the castle guys?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

BERGfu posted:

how's the castle guys?

Some mean kids kicked it over and then a wave washed it away.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Kids make sand castles which are real and require physical labor. Neckbeards spend countless hours developing strategies and programs to have a virtual sandcastle with their nametag on it that someone else built, modeled, textured, etc.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Well the good news is, while some goons did not get land, a lot of landless goons did. Could have definitely been worse.

And PS -- come on guys, stop getting the fishing goons riled up with inconvenient things like truth and facts. They get upset then shitpost IRC until they feel better. :toot:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Lothar posted:

Pretty sure he wasn't the one that stole everything. Pretty sure he returned everything that was given.

I haven't gotten poo poo, as I keep reminding everyone.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

30.5 Days posted:

I haven't gotten poo poo, as I keep reminding everyone.

They were going to pay you off in fishing. Kind of like when you loan money to a friend and he pays you back by letting you cover a few of his shifts for a portion of his wages.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

And PS -- come on guys, stop getting the fishing goons riled up with inconvenient things like truth and facts. They get upset then shitpost IRC until they feel better. :toot:

its hilarious because they still haven't grasped the fact that IRC and offsite aren't private little clubhouses that you can shittalk people in

every time someone bitches about me in IRC I have 2-3 people who message me on steam with the quote

this game :allears:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DirtyFalcon posted:

Nice to see the circle jerk is still going on.:reddit:

I thought you guys were having fun? We've been having fun.

I never so much as said a mean thing about fishers. Please give back my 500 stone bricks, TIA.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Angela Christine posted:

I never so much as said a mean thing about fishers. Please give back my 500 stone bricks, TIA.

do you accept repayment in the form of random fish parts that you can dump into an ocean

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Third World Reggin posted:

If it was spent on materials, they could be sent in place as they are worth the same.

The chum and lures are a round about way back.

To quote jack, he wanted someone to suffer as he had suffered and we were going to give all the fish to one goon. Jack wanted to watch him on the dock deal with it, picking up one package at a time, so that they could understand his pain.

Every goon involved in the 2nd fishing event is now in wicked. Therefore its where it should be. The fact is we handed out 5 pieces of mag gear with the start of the belt. I have no control of where the other stuff went nor the care. Move along have fun and if non wicked goons still need help with packs to Free let me know how I can help. Vintorez has 40 plus packs on my land that can be moved.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can't wait to see if the goonfuckers end up in the next MMO guild or not

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

JackDRipper posted:

Every goon involved in the 2nd fishing event is now in wicked. Therefore its where it should be. The fact is we handed out 5 pieces of mag gear with the start of the belt. I have no control of where the other stuff went nor the care. Move along have fun and if non wicked goons still need help with packs to Free let me know how I can help. Vintorez has 40 plus packs on my land that can be moved.

Epic

Tsargon the Great
Jun 4, 2005

~=~ NuMBa 1 PoSta~=~
CuTiE

JackDRipper posted:

The astounding generosity of thieves

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Iceland is actually a pretty neat place. Some of the clearest water in the world.

I found some of your stone bricks ^^

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 5, 2014

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Eonwe posted:

Tricky since we have factions of goons each stridently accusing eachother of being the real goonfuckers. I suggest that no one who played AA be allowed in any goon guild ever again.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eonwe posted:

I'd doubt that any of them is going to show up in any position of leadership in MMOs with a big focus on PVP anymore because Werk and Reggin are usually some of the first to join in. Reggin in particular will deal with all the chinagames from now till the heatdeath of the universe.

Reminder Jack was a j4g pubbie that joined for AoW. The game whose guild was originally lead by Reggin and Werk. How quick does one allegiance turns when money fish is involved.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

God, I need to make gold something bad. I have 2/7 Mag arcane, and 5/7 Mag as rare. I also have my Hasla axe at heroic still. It's 57g an attempt on the axe, it has a chance to drop down, and I need the resplendent to proc in order to get divine. Unf first tier player problems.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

JackDRipper posted:

I'm not in Wicked and I'm pretty sure Munion isn't playing any more so this is wrong.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Tanreall posted:

I'm pretty sure Munion isn't playing any more so this is wrong.

The fishing burnout is real.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Reminder Jack was a j4g pubbie that joined for AoW. The game whose guild was originally lead by Reggin and Werk. How quick does one allegiance turns when money fish is involved.
Reggin wouldn't tell him what a fish looked like.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Fishing goons have finally convinced me to install the game. I can't wait to see what all the ruckus is about and also kill fishing goons.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'd doubt that any of them is going to show up in any position of leadership in MMOs with a big focus on PVP anymore because Werk and Reggin are usually some of the first to join in. Reggin in particular will deal with all the chinagames from now till the heatdeath of the universe.

I kind of wish I would have played AoW/GW2, I feel like I would have understood the septic tank of politics that was at launch much easier.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Velthice posted:

Fishing goons have finally convinced me to install the game. I can't wait to see what all the ruckus is about and also kill fishing goons.

Good luck, with as much goonfucking money as they have surely made you won't be able to get past the gearcheck on the j4g raid bosses.

Kimsemus posted:

I kind of wish I would have played AoW/GW2, I feel like I would have understood the septic tank of politics that was at launch much easier.

I thought about that and quickly decided I was better off.

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 5, 2014

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Tanreall posted:

I'm not in Wicked and I'm pretty sure Munion isn't playing any more so this is wrong.

Eminai posted:

Don't let facts get in the wave of a good narrative.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Truth be told I made every effort to come to an agreement with those left in charge. What am I supposed to do hand over 600 gold gear to screaming idiots that had no part in its earning making or event fishing thanks but no thanks. You wanted monies I provided a way to recoup for people involved. I could care crap all about fake money in a game. I will continue to help where I can when I can. For those screaming goonfucker and j4g well your entitled to your opinion.So long and thanks for all the fish.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Eminai posted:

Don't let facts get in the wave of a good narrative.

Theres a bunch of those things here. Choose your own adventure at this point.

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 5, 2014

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

JackDRipper posted:

Truth be told I made every effort to come to an agreement with those left in charge. What am I supposed to do hand over 600 gold gear to screaming idiots that had no part in its earning making or event fishing thanks but no thanks. You wanted monies I provided a way to recoup for people involved. I could care crap all about fake money in a game. I will continue to help where I can when I can. For those screaming goonfucker and j4g well your entitled to your opinion.So long and thanks for all the fish.

You were actually one of the ones who started calling people goonfuckers, j4g, etc. Fishing goons, including yourself, made zero effort to come to any kind of agreement that didn't involve fishing. You guys never provided any gear to the guild, none of what you did panned out in any way -- literally all you did was fish, line your own pockets, then cried when goons who wanted actual content went out and found it.

You didn't provide a way to recoup money, you concocted a scheme that involved you still not having to get off your loving fishing boat.

quote:

What am I supposed to do hand over 600 gold gear to screaming idiots that had no part in its earning

quote:

I could care crap all about fake money in a game.

:smuggo:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

all well and good, but we know who is the true Puppet Of The Imp Zone Trolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

DirtyFalcon posted:

Good luck, with as much goonfucking money as they have surely made you won't be able to get past the gearcheck on the j4g raid bosses.

• Locked thread