Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I wish that every game mode had a hardcore variant. I just don't like the normal game play style. For example, the EPM3 takes three shots to kill someone in normal mode. However, in HC it only takes one shot to kill someone. So damage of 10 in normal takes three hits to kill someone. The IMR theoretically kills in one full contact burst fire in normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Funkmaster General posted:

This 1000x. The blue and yellow one is an unlock for getting 300 kills, btw, unless you got that variant early through a drop. That version increases the firing rate such that you can fire bursts almost as fast as you can pull the trigger, which is insane. Slap a foregrip and exmags on it and dayum.

Even the base level version kills in one burst at short to medium range, two at long range, and one at long with a headshot.

Yeah it's a proper beast. Turns out there's at least two blue and yellow versions, the one I had from a supply drop hate a normal rate of fire, but a permanent silencer. I prefer the higher rate of fire one now I've unlocked it.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Please, the IMR is clearly the best Assault Rifle. Four round burst, excellent damage and it prints its own ammo (albeit very slowly). I got a neat blue and yellow version in a supply drop and it wrecks fools.

AK12 with a foregrip has a much tighter spread, akin to the LSAT with foregrip from Ghosts. IMR, meanwhile, is a straight, vertical line. The choice comes down to making sure every bullet gets there versus every bullet dealing more damage and some of them missing.

Source: I have the strategy guide and it has every graph in it.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Well the final launcher unlock is disappointing.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Well the final launcher unlock is disappointing.

Don't choose it for your prestige unlock, either.

Because it's bugged and won't unlock.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

SlayVus posted:

I wish that every game mode had a hardcore variant. I just don't like the normal game play style. For example, the EPM3 takes three shots to kill someone in normal mode. However, in HC it only takes one shot to kill someone. So damage of 10 in normal takes three hits to kill someone. The IMR theoretically kills in one full contact burst fire in normal.

The EPM3 is pretty hilarious in hardcore modes. Really needs the heat sink to work in regular though. How exactly does the game count double kills? Have yet to get one.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Well we now know how they'll be promoting Black Ops 3 next year:

http://mashable.com/2014/11/08/doritos-mountain-dew-dewitos

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Roman posted:

Well we now know how they'll be promoting Black Ops 3 next year:

http://mashable.com/2014/11/08/doritos-mountain-dew-dewitos

and Mountain Dew Flavored Doritos.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

dragon enthusiast posted:

The EPM3 is pretty hilarious in hardcore modes. Really needs the heat sink to work in regular though. How exactly does the game count double kills? Have yet to get one.

It's basically killing two or more people within like 1/2 seconds of each other. I've gotten a few, but with so few players on an enemy team and players never teaming up, it's kind of hard to do.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Mill Village posted:

Yes, they are changing them. They are also not supposed to reset when you Prestige.

Well, guess I'll hold off on prestiging until that gets fixed. Is this for all challenges or just the camos?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

plape tickler posted:

I've got a xim4 I haven't gotten around to hooking up yet. Which kvm do you recommend? I would assume lag would be a concern when using a kvm switch. I'm going to drag the ps4 over to my computer desk.

edit-
this seems to be the one to get

http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-2-Port-Switch-Cables-GCS22U/dp/B001D1UTC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407754355&sr=8-1&keywords=IO+Gear+KVM+switch

Yup! That's the one I have. Works great and no lag. It's purely "mechanical" I think which is what you want

I had another one with 100000 5 star reviews from Amazon but it didn't work right but I can't remember why. Above one works great though.

The_Fuzzinator posted:

Sounds good enough for me. Thanks for the info, i play on 360 and can't stand how mushy aiming with a controller is. Looks like I'm going ot turn some tricks to get me a xim4. and a mouse/keyboard set so i don't have to keep swapping

You can find a xim3 or edge for cheaper (not much!) if you don't plan on upgrading to next gen. If you do then yeah get a xim4. If it's purely a setup for xim use then you can get s Logitech gamepad (g15 I think it is?) but I love my mechanical keyboard

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 8, 2014

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Gordon Shumway posted:

Well, guess I'll hold off on prestiging until that gets fixed. Is this for all challenges or just the camos?

Its supposedly just for camos, but I would hope the fix will apply to challenges as well.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did some SND matches and 2 people where leaving the map and getting to insanely high places that where impossible to reach in one of them.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Finally tried out the campaign, I like that the dude gets his right arm caught a few inches away from a super high-explosive charge, which blows up, and the only piece left is... His right arm?! :catstare:

SpazmasterX posted:

I don't care about the lunge I just don't like swinging my knife in a guy and then having him turn around and shoot me.

EDIT: I lied i actually do care about the lunge :(
I've started to learn to do a power-slide and then melee as I hit the target, which has been fairly effective. Still way too damned easy to miss a melee though. :(

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe I'm the only guy who plays it, but what the gently caress is with the campaign in this game? I've beaten every other MW on Veteran. But with Veteran in this game, the enemies endlessly respawn for one thing; in the others they would always respawn for a while and eventually when you kill enough you'd see "Game Saved" and they'd cut the poo poo. The other thing is that assault rifle bullets to the bare foreheads of enemies don't kill them anymore, and there's some enemies I'm fighting now with a flak jacket and face mask who don't die from a loving contact grenade to the balls. Is it my imagination or is there a lot of BS going on here?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So after nerding out and finally prestiging here's some tips for new guys. PS I suck at this game

-When you prestige you get an extra class slot AND can permanently unlock an item. You lose your challenges, ranks, and unlocks. You keep your armory items, calling cards, and emblems. "Everything you've unlocked including weapons, challenges, and experience will be reset." Ok so yeah I guess weapon camo challenges aren't supposed to reset. So if you want to hold off until that gets fixed then by all means. I assumed they were supposed to reset

- that being said weapon camo is harder to get in this game. The quickest and easiest ones to knock out before you prestige are 50 kills no attachments (gold) and 50 no perks (carbon fiber). ALSO you can have multiple camos at once and overlap them

- you can sell some armory weapons for xp. Sort by rarity and when you highlight it'll tell you whether or not you can and for how much

- armory items you keep. If it's at the top left where it says (2) new items available! Those expire

- lethals are pretty pointless because of the exo suite

- sniper rifles are pretty pointless because of the exo suits and small maps and fast pace

- sprinting seems to last forever. Lightweight and overclock is fun with fast hands and or gung ho

- not a lot of good things to unlock when you prestige. Most the good stuff is pretty low level. fast hands is a late level unlock and possibly worth unlocking when you prestige if only because you can reload by sprinting. Gung ho is also really good because you can shoot while sprinting/sliding

- if you reload with rounds left you lose the ammo but apparently you're not supposed to? Only if you double tap reload which does a speed reload? Either way it's bugged and supposed to be fixed next patch

- there is a trophy system exo suit that I had no idea existed and I unlocked it when I prestiged

- most of the kill streaks suck. UAV, care package, and system hack seem to be the only worthwhile ones. It took me way too long to figure this out but you can upgrade kill streaks at the cost of more points required by hitting triangle over it. You can have up to 3 per but only once you level up enough. (Turrets are all remote btw unless you select the sentry upgrade!) Some have support which means they cost a lot more points but carry on through death. UAV with extra time, support, and whatever it is that tells you where they are on your hud when it scans is really good

- the best guns are ARs per usual. BAL, ak12, and hbr. The KF5 is probably the best SMG. Everything else seems to suck for the most part. (Doesn't mean they're not fun)

- grip is really good and you should pretty much always run it. Toughness and low profile are pretty much requirements. Probably gung hi and or fast hands too. Blast suppressor is great for TDM type matches. Stock is more of the same but I can't live without it. Quick draw as well

- target enchancer is pretty good and nice for ARs. Red dots seem kind of meh but are ok. Probably better for an LMG

- Different types of the same weapon might have different iron sights. Not too different but just check it out. Also when you're in create a class you can hit the options button (for ps4 at least) if you didn't know and test out your gun real quick instantly

Ok yeah that's a lot of words I'm a nerd. Hopefully it helps new guys out

Also I thought of a great cheese DOM build purely for points. Exo trophy, stim, (one that is supposed to boost regen) the battery pack perk. And then maybe riot shield? Then get an SMG with laser sight for crazy hip firing. Maybe sacrifice a exo suit for a smoke grenade? (Yes there are smoke grenades in this game and no no one uses them)

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 8, 2014

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

coyo7e posted:

Finally tried out the campaign, I like that the dude gets his right arm caught a few inches away from a super high-explosive charge, which blows up, and the only piece left is... His right arm?! :catstare:

That guy died... Shrapnel from that explosion cut of your arm.

also, peoples add me for xbone GT: Munion

Munion fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 8, 2014

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Christoff posted:

-When you prestige you get an extra class slot AND can permanently unlock an item. You lose your challenges, ranks, and unlocks. You keep your armory items, calling cards, and emblems. "Everything you've unlocked including weapons, challenges, and experience will be reset." Ok so yeah I guess weapon camo challenges aren't supposed to reset. So if you want to hold off until that gets fixed then by all means. I assumed they were supposed to rese

Do you keep both the clothing and weapons loot?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Uhm yes

You can sell some clothing for xp as well in case you're a racist and don't want all that Nigerian swag

They added a lot of tiny details to this game that are easy to miss. They need some kind of tutorial

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I prestiged and all my loving emblems are gone :mad: Thank god I spent like half an hour working on one this morning!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Are corn crunchy things close enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF8wYDxk8Ww

0:37. Posting from my phone here.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 8, 2014

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I've had like three TDM games today go down to the timer, MAN kids do not want to play with the exosuit. I've been strapping on like all the speed poo poo I can get and just zipping around and like the entire other team will be hiding in a corner behind a thing like they're still playing Ghosts. I don't get it.

Like at this point I think Titanfall had the right idea. Ditch the loving killstreaks, getting them slows the gameplay down way too much.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Most of those people hiding the entire match don't get their killstreaks anyway, so I don't understand why people think doing that is such a good idea.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Maybe I'm the only guy who plays it, but what the gently caress is with the campaign in this game? I've beaten every other MW on Veteran. But with Veteran in this game, the enemies endlessly respawn for one thing; in the others they would always respawn for a while and eventually when you kill enough you'd see "Game Saved" and they'd cut the poo poo. The other thing is that assault rifle bullets to the bare foreheads of enemies don't kill them anymore, and there's some enemies I'm fighting now with a flak jacket and face mask who don't die from a loving contact grenade to the balls. Is it my imagination or is there a lot of BS going on here?

I've found this to be the most consistent campaign since MW2. There were no actual bullshit levels like that one in Blops (S.O.G. SCREW THAT LEVEL) or in WAW where it was raining men grenades constantly. I really don't remember anything from any of the MW series, go figure. Or ghosts? SO boring.

Either way, the biggest problem I had with the game were some of the gimmick levels like the one where you fly the jet. Otherwise I found the game actually easier than the predecessors.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Keep dat KDR up

I don't get it because there's a classic no exo suit mode right where it'd be a lost easier to shoot people while camping? I love getting shot by a camper then strafing around a corner then side strafing back and killing them

Whatever I'll be zooming and zipping around like an idiot don't mind me

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Rei_ posted:

I've had like three TDM games today go down to the timer, MAN kids do not want to play with the exosuit. I've been strapping on like all the speed poo poo I can get and just zipping around and like the entire other team will be hiding in a corner behind a thing like they're still playing Ghosts. I don't get it.

Like at this point I think Titanfall had the right idea. Ditch the loving killstreaks, getting them slows the gameplay down way too much.
I know I suck and play hardcore so sometimes a teammate just greases me - so I run with Support for most of my killstreaks, and just don't care.

And yeah, boost-strafing through doorways is a godsend, corner-campers have very little chance to deal with it. I ran into one dude who had lightweight and probably the run-boost and was zipping all over, fucker was impossible to land a shot on and was cleaning up the entire opposing team in HC S&D.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you still visually have your Exo in Classic?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I don't know how I can play any other COD after this that doesn't have the exo suit. I mean it does frustrate the poo poo out of me sometimes when people get the drop on your etc but being able to avoid grenade spam, snipers, and piss of campers is worth it alone

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I'm having a lot of fun with this so far. I stepped away from duty for a few games, I didn't realize how much I missed the fast pace.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

My MP dude looks like a roided up Neil Patrick Harris. I wish Kevin Spacey was one of the selectable faces. Activision, if you make that a DLC, I promise to buy it.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
All this talk about the best rifle and nobody mentions the HBRa3

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

They did that already. It was for a "Guess the TOP SECRET FLAVOR" contest. They weren't that good but not super awful either.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Man, getting 50/500 long shots with the EM1 is not gonna be fun.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

WirelessPillow posted:

All this talk about the best rifle and nobody mentions the HBRa3

Got that same one, iron sights aren't too bad on that gun but it's nice it is one of the disadvantages.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Um... I'm on PC and haven't been able to connect to "online services" since yesterday evening (worked fine before). Anyone else have the same issue? I keep getting the error message "The service is not available at this time".

This is driving me bonkers, I need COD on my weekend damnit.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Thumbtacks posted:

I take back how easy I thought it'd be.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Thumbtacks posted:

Wait until the patch adjusts the camo challenges. They know it's ludicrous.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
My favorite (Sarcasm!) thing is how people leave a million loving tags everywhere in Kill Confirmed.

Yamacruiser
Sep 28, 2011

I am the one who knocks!
Chilling at the menu if you boners need a broner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
Hardcore is the only way to play this game.

• Locked thread