Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone know the name of the track that plays during the Mega Satan fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Vita save got replaced with an old copy, hours of progress gone. I give up until a patch :(

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Rorus Raz posted:

I guess the patch this week will fix the immortal Lost bug?

What immortality bug? :getin:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

PureQuestion posted:

He has unlocks for Boss Rush/Isaac/???/Satan/Lamb, same as anyone else.

Have you beaten mega satan with him yet? :getin:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

So... what now? :confused:

e: welp, figured it out.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Is it an XL floor? I saw an XL womb with two separate boss rooms once.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

flyboi posted:

What immortality bug? :getin:
Get Dead Cat and you're effectively immortal.

Might have to lose a life first.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Rorus Raz posted:

Get Dead Cat and you're effectively immortal.

Might have to lose a life first.

Wow that's pretty hilarious. I was trying to find what the secret glitch was on reddit and it was a bunch of holier than thou sperging that it's unfair cheesing. Kinda ironic considering the entire game is built with cheesing in mind, especially the older one.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't think said cheesing is supposed to also include 'if you get this not that uncommon item then you can be immortal as the character that's supposed to die in one hit'

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

It's dumb that people are using an exploit to get the hardest achievements, it's dumber that Nicalis let such an obvious exploit through.

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

Made some stuff. Some of it even didn't suck.

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone know the name of the track that plays during the Mega Satan fight?

It's Hericide, same as regular Satan.

Nothing happens if you kill Mega Satan as Lost. :(

Re: NoUU I'd probably have avoided if I expected to ever get it the "proper way", but I strongly doubt my abilities to do that and I wanted the cool new items :(

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

NoUU posted:

It's dumb that people are using an exploit to get the hardest achievements, it's dumber that Nicalis let such an obvious exploit through.

there's like a trillion different items and some characters have unique properties so I'm really not surprised.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Glad I know what The Lost is. For awhile I was thinking it was going to be a item referring to Loss.

With all the memes in the game and the like it wouldn't surprise me.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Zoness posted:

I feel like you're missing out on some flavor here - Salt should damage any enemy that's visibly showing blood when they touch it :getin:.

That would indeed be fitting thematically and gameplaywise. :downs:

Have some more lovely DLC ideas from yours truly!

Gameplay alteration! Big rooms do not show up as big rooms on the map unless you have some reason to know that they're big rooms - entering them, for example. The Map allows you to see them in advance for obvious reasons, and the Spelunker Hat allows you to see them in advance thanks to "sees through doors". Otherwise, though, you have no idea before you enter a room whether it's a big room or not.

The Lake Of Fire
Tougher variant of Sheol + The Dark Room, unlocked by having all achievements relating specifically to Sheol and all achievements relating specifically to The Dark Room. Has a chance of spawning instead of Sheol if you have the Negative when you enter the portal to Sheol; this chance is akin to that of spawning the Cellar, Catacombs, Necropolis, or Utero. Always an XL floor but may have other curses as well. As is standard for an XL floor, there are two bosses fought in consecutive rooms; they draw from a pool that includes Super Satan (not to be confused with Mega Satan), End Times Factory (big-rear end machine with a ton of health that spits out random Horsemen and Sins), You're In Hell! (modified version of Isaac that turns into modified version of ???/Blue Baby when killed the first time), Chaos (giant Loki that spawns regular Loki and Lokii), and True Buddha (once he's unlocked). Also contains a locked door to the Mega Satan fight, as The Dark Room does.

The Promised Land
Tougher variant of The Cathedral + The Chest, unlocked by having all achievements relating specifically to the Cathedral and all achievements relating specifically to The Chest. Has a chance of spawning instead of The Cathedral if you have the Polaroid when you enter the portal to the Cathedral; this chance is akin to that of spawning the Cellar, Catacombs, Necropolis, etc. Always an XL floor but may have other curses as well. As is standard for an XL floor, there are two bosses fought in consecutive rooms; they draw from a pool that includes The Boy You Should Have Been (buffed Isaac), End Times Factory (big-rear end machine with a ton of health that spits out random Horsemen and Sins), Mom And Her Heart (exactly what it sounds like; fight Mom and Mom's Heart simultaneously; they're procced as the same boss so the pieces don't harm each other), Lambs (Double Trouble version of the Lamb fight), and Zeus-Thor Tag Team (once they're unlocked). Also contains a locked door to the Mega Satan fight, as The Chest does.

Idolatry
"The false gods are loose in the basement!"
Achievement obtained for entering the portal after the Mega Satan fight (more on where it leads in a later post). For the portal to appear at all, you must have defeated Mega Satan on a previous playthrough as the same character. Unlocking the achievement unlocks several new bosses, two of which are obnoxious as gently caress.

Buddha/True Buddha
A misinformed fundamentalist Christian view of Buddha in Edmund's signature style. Shares some similarities with Peep and Mega Fatty. The regular version may act as a boss on most floors or as a regular enemy on late floors, while the stronger, "True" version adds variety to the Lake Of Fire boss pool. Neither version is strange in its difficulty.

Zeus/Thor/Zeus-Thor Tag Team
Reskins of each other with some similarities with the final form of War, though with a ranged boomerang-style attack in the form of their lightning/hammer. The regular versions may act as bosses on most floors or as regular enemies on late floors, while the stronger, teamed-up versions add variety to the Promised Land boss pool. No version is strange in its difficulty.

Golden God/Platinum God
Enormous, immobile bullet hell bosses that look something like tikis. Golden God has a (very slim, on the order of 1%, though higher in Hard Mode) chance of replacing an item room, akin to what Greed/Super Greed does to shops or what Krampus does to devil rooms. Platinum God has a higher chance of replacing an item room, on the order of 10%, but will only do so in the first place if Golden God appeared earlier in the playthrough. Neither boss drops anything; they screw you out of an item room. Hope you have a teleportation card or item on your person when entering item rooms. Players will hate their guts; the bosses even tell you to stop playing as you fight them (alluding to the old startup screen on BoI). At least killing Platinum God gives you the Iconoclasm achievement. Unfortunately, the Iconoclasm achievement unlocks the Iconoclasm item, a spacebar item that acts kinda like a reroll-all-of-your-items button, except that it doesn't give you any new items; it just takes away the ones you already have (including Iconoclasm itself). Doing so actually really helps you out with a later achievement, though. :D

LaughMyselfTo fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 10, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
What are the chances of getting Monstro's Lung and Polyphemus in the same run, roughly? I just did it earlier.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man the only boss I ever thought up would be one that creates a giant sphere that circles the room like those spike traps (or follows you) and the boss itself retreats from you while firing semi- easy to dodge projectiles. The actual challenge just being avoiding the sphere.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Zoness posted:

Well, getting spirit of the night as eve is certainly pretty neat, totally worth going to 0 health:

How does goat head work if you dont' pick it up in a devil room - does it affect the likelihood of getting angel rooms as well as devil rooms?

What's the full explanation on angel room and devil room mechanics? My vague understanding is something about avoiding damage increases the likelihood of a devil room and rejecting devil deals increases the likelihood of an angel room?

This is from a few pages back, but I can verify that the Goat Head can and will make God Rooms spawn every floor if you acquire it in a way not involving dealing with the devil and then continue to not take evil stuff.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

whatever any dlc ideas are, i'd actually be really hype for any that come out. rebirth isn't a bloated piece of poo poo so it'll actually be able to handle anything tacked onto it unlike the first game which wouldn't have been able to handle anything past wrath of the lamb.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
i think i recall them saying they didnt want to make dlc, but i could be imagining things.
it'd be a shame because with an item based game like this you come up with some cool poo poo and modifiers and code some interactions and you get set for like 10 more hours of content

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

ArfJason posted:

i think i recall them saying they didnt want to make dlc, but i could be imagining things.
it'd be a shame because with an item based game like this you come up with some cool poo poo and modifiers and code some interactions and you get set for like 10 more hours of content

I recall reading on Edmund's blog that they want to do one big WOTL-esque DLC in a few years.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The original game had expansions, I can't see why this wouldn't.

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

Made some stuff. Some of it even didn't suck.

ArfJason posted:

Edmund said something to the effect of "I'm not planning DLC until after it's out"

Implication being any ideas he had before release just got added to the game, not saved to make money later.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'd really be genuinely surprised if they wouldn't want to do anything later on, because the market's there and there's probably a million ideas that could get thrown into it while still keeping the theme intact once they've had time to work out what exactly they want to add.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
nvm, i was wrong

Q: Will you be adding day one DLC!? i feel like the game is already ending and i need moar!!!! tell me you will be making dlc!!!!
A: NO! you have no idea how many times this is asked, the game isnt out yet. only assholes plan day one dlc that isnt included in the games release! i dont even plan dlc till a game comes out and i see what worked and what didnt. if rebirth does well and people want more, and i can dredge up more ideas.. then yes one day there will be more.. but dont ask till its out!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i don't think said cheesing is supposed to also include 'if you get this not that uncommon item then you can be immortal as the character that's supposed to die in one hit'

The game is still fully breakable just like the old one. Being upset about 'cheevos is beyond stupid, especially when some of the higher-bar requirements yield some really cool items. If you're going to be that upset about a dumb bug then you should probably do the actual puzzle riddle to unlock The Lost rather than reading the step-by-step instructions leaked by people who de-compiled the game.

In the end I'll probably just download a plat god save when someone makes one as there's a lot of things I can't unlock that I'd like to play with.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like you might be biased in some way or another if all you can say is 'LOL WHY ARE YOU SO UPSET ABOUT A VIDEOGAME' when all people said is 'it's pretty stupid that a single item can unintentionally make you actually unable to die as a character whose whole gimmick is dying easily'

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

flyboi posted:

The game is still fully breakable just like the old one. Being upset about 'cheevos is beyond stupid, especially when some of the higher-bar requirements yield some really cool items. If you're going to be that upset about a dumb bug then you should probably do the actual puzzle riddle to unlock The Lost rather than reading the step-by-step instructions leaked by people who de-compiled the game.

In the end I'll probably just download a plat god save when someone makes one as there's a lot of things I can't unlock that I'd like to play with.

The best part is that if you want an "untainted" save or whatever, you can get a Plat god save and then toodle around in another save file.

Honestly, if one is hellbent on getting The Lost achievements the "right" way, imo your best option would be to start a new save file and do The Lost first after having prepped your item pool to be as powerful as possible. It'd probably save you time and heartache in the long run. That said, screw anything to do with that - I want to get plat god at some point and I don't think I'll ever go for true plat god because trying to clear the game w/ The Lost looks tedious as hell.

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

d10 owns

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
One character who might be interesting would be David, as in David and Goliath. David starts with all his stats at 1 and no items. However, he has a power-up called "Life Experience" that causes ALL his stats to go up by one every time he reaches a new floor. Life Experience would also be obtainable for other characters in God Rooms.

EDIT: You'd unlock David by full-clearing every floor on the way to killing Mom's Heart. (Secret rooms not required.)

Rocketlex fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 10, 2014

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Rocketlex posted:

One character who might be interesting would be David, as in David and Goliath. David starts with all his stats at 1 and no items. However, he has a power-up called "Life Experience" that causes ALL his stats to go up by one every time he reaches a new floor. Life Experience would also be obtainable for other characters in God Rooms.

A lot more to the life of David than his defeating Goliath. Unlocks alluding to his later life as king would be neat.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

david basically cheated to kill goliath. he used a sling which is like the era equivalent of showing up and shooting a tall guy in the head.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Beat ??? and Mega-Satan in the same run :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c32OcF4Le8w
Hadn't seen that rainbow-fire attack before. Not too hard though.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I haven't read this thread since release day. What is The Lost and also what's this about an exploit?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
So does proptosis + lump of coal offset the low damage points of either item? Cuz that seems pretty awesome.

Also proptosis with whore of babylon activated kind of owns.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Cerony posted:

I haven't read this thread since release day. What is The Lost and also what's this about an exploit?

The Lost is the SUUUPER SEKRIT character that you unlock by dying in very specific ways as Azazel (other new character), Maggie, Cain and Isaac in a single session of the game. He gets free devil deals but dies in a single hit. Only there's a bug that Lost + Dead Cat basically becomes invincible.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
The coat hanger being an unlockable now is possibly the cruelest joke this game has played.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Saigyouji posted:

The coat hanger being an unlockable now is possibly the cruelest joke this game has played.

It was unlockable in the original too.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
Holy shitte.. Luduvico technique + magnetic tears. A giant magnetic ball that drags away enemies like a black hole far away from me and chews them up >:D

Hard mode is really hard by the way. More rooms per level, more enemies per room(?), much fewer pickups, more champion enemies that don't give you rewards. it's grueling.

e - just picked up the pulse worm and now it's enormous and pulsating.

Tax Inductions fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 10, 2014

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Zoness posted:

How does goat head work if you dont' pick it up in a devil room - does it affect the likelihood of getting angel rooms as well as devil rooms?

It does indeed. The game will offer you a ton of both until your faith/sin balance tips in one direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Man, if you're gonna do the orbit challenge then do it before you unlock Necropolis. Trying to kill masks of infamy with those lovely tears is an exercise in frustration.