Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

GenericGirlName posted:

That bug is also fixed.

The worst boss in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

Isaac isn't that hard but Mom/It's Alive are easy as poo poo
How is isaac possibly easier than satan 1 aka literally just The Fallen. Or Satan 2 aka attacks almost entirely with bullets like isaac, but less of them.

satan 3 being harder than isaac I could see the argument for but it can also be sort of a pushover. It's kinda swingy, depends a lot on where the worms spawn.

his bullet patterns aren't that hard to dodge and he doesn't have any instant brimstone attacks except for the beams of light. honestly the only dicey parts of the isaac fight is when he spawns the angels helpers and the beams of light.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
So an Azazel run where Lil' Brimstone is your first item...yea.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Issac is way easier than Satan. I've cleared Cathedral and Chest a bunch but can't even unlock the negative because Satan and Sheol are wrecking me. That place has some really mean room designs.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

AHungryRobot posted:

his bullet patterns aren't that hard to dodge and he doesn't have any instant brimstone attacks except for the beams of light. honestly the only dicey parts of the isaac fight is when he spawns the angels helpers and the beams of light.
satan also doesn't have any instant brimstone attacks

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

satan also doesn't have any instant brimstone attacks

what? of course he does. his first and second forms have them. i meant 'instant' in the sense that they're sort of hitscanish.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jsr v2.0 posted:

I only have 2 challenges left to beat - Demo Man and Darkness Falls! Hopefully I'll be able to knock those out tonight.

I've said this before earlier in the thread, but: The Red Candle makes non-shooting challenges a breeze. That thing does SO much damage. Unlocks by donating 450 coins, and costs 15 to buy. It recharges constantly so you can use it multiple times per room, and it can kill most bigger bosses in 3-4 uses. It also leaves fire on the ground for more mobile bosses that don't stay still.

Working on Demo Man, I had a chance to buy a Brimstone from the Devil Room. I passed it up, because I assume that it won't replace my Bombs. Did I make a huge mistake?

Yes. Now you won't be making GBS threads out dozens of bombs at a time and killing yourself destroying everything

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, just went all the way to Satan with Azazel to unlock The Lost. Didn't think about Daddy Longlegs until I had beaten The Fallen and had to watch helplessly as Daddy Longlegs stomped Satan to death before he could kill me.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Couldn't you just have exited to menu and then picked continue, restarting the fight or does it remember which form you were on when you left off?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pro-tip: Using a hematemesis pill in the super secret room that contains 1 black/sin heart will make hematemesis spawn black hearts instead of red ones. I suspect the Lovers tarot card would probably do the same thing, and maybe the Jar too.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Issac is way easier than Satan. I've cleared Cathedral and Chest a bunch but can't even unlock the negative because Satan and Sheol are wrecking me. That place has some really mean room designs.

Do it with Azazel. He's fast enough to easily play ring-around-the-rosey with the black leeches, and he's always going to have the damage to shred bosses.

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

Made some stuff. Some of it even didn't suck.
Spoiler:
http://prntscr.com/55iuo6

So I heard the unlock for God Head was beating every final boss as the Lost... on hard. I booted up Cheat Engine actually hoping to prove it false.

It worked.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

AHungryRobot posted:

what? of course he does. his first and second forms have them. i meant 'instant' in the sense that they're sort of hitscanish.
They may be hitscan but they have super obvious tells so I don't think calling them 'instant' is really accurate. At any rate they're pretty easy to avoid.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

PureQuestion posted:

Spoiler:

So I heard the unlock for God Head was beating every final boss as the Lost... on hard. I booted up Cheat Engine actually hoping to prove it false.

It worked.

:getin: OPEN THE BLOOD GATES :getin:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

PureQuestion posted:

Spoiler:

It worked.

So what actually triggered it, or do you mean that that is the case?

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

When I defeated ???, it unlocked. I had already beaten The Lamb and the Boss Rush. I assume it was completing all 5 on hard that did it.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Did doing that get you True Plat God as well?

Also, any indication of an Ending 17? I was kinda disappointed w/ 16

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

True Platinum God is still a ways off. I'm only at 125 achievements.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh, fair. I take it no Ending 17 then, that's pretty disappointing.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Azazel is amazing. I made it to Satan with 4 containers, 2 actual health, and got him down to half health before I screwed up and blew myself up. That blood breath thing just melts everything.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

PureQuestion posted:

Spoiler:

It worked.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

Magres posted:

Oh, fair. I take it no Ending 17 then, that's pretty disappointing.

Eventually. I'm sure there will be more updates.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Somehow I got Soy Milk with max damage as Samson. That was an easy Mama's Boy run.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

13/f/cali posted:

Couldn't you just have exited to menu and then picked continue, restarting the fight or does it remember which form you were on when you left off?

Maybe. I thought all you could do was restart to still unlock properly.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Does Hard really matter much for [spoilerThe Lost? All hose heart spawns mean nothing when you die in one hit anyway, and Devil Rooms spawn a ton and give your lots to work with even if keys won't drop.[/spoiler]

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

PureQuestion posted:

Spoiler:

It worked.

How did you do that? I tried using Cheat Engine but it still got me killed so I didn't bother.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

PureQuestion posted:

When I defeated ???, it unlocked. I had already beaten The Lamb and the Boss Rush. I assume it was completing all 5 on hard that did it.

Okay, interesting. And to be clear, that doesn't include Mega Satan, right?

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

PureQuestion posted:

Spoiler:

It worked.

Does this include Mega Satan?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
E: ^^^ Nope. I never did that and I got it.

So I'm going to go so far as to say that Dr. Fetus actually downright sucks now. I've had a handful of runs with getting it early and it is painfully weak. Sure you can theoretically bomb everything out, but good luck getting the Boss Rush that way and good luck getting it anyway because a lot of the bosses are going to take several minutes.

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

I tried killing Mega Satan on hard as lost before I tried anything else, so I can't actually be sure. But I strongly suspect it doesn't require beating him.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
What item could make Azazel look like this?

I honestly have no idea what happened. I walked into a six-pip die room, and when it finished re-rolling I looked like this.

e: drat that's big

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Does Judas' Shadow count as a different character? I was doing a run as Judas, got Judas' Shadow and then beat the Chest and I didn't get any popup for unlocks but it did mark the chest as being beaten by Judas. I might just have to go through another run just in case it didn't actually unlock anything :/

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

gamingCaffeinator posted:

I honestly have no idea what happened. I walked into a six-pip die room, and when it finished re-rolling I looked like this.

The cleft lip makes me think Monstro's Lung.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

The weird mouth thing is a Monstro item. It owns.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

That face looks like Monstro's Lung to me.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Right, I think I'm gonna join the "no Monstro's Lung" club. Not because it's bad, it's not (at least not in theory) but the fact that you have to get so close and it has such a long charge it's a pain to use once you get to the Womb. I was losing a lot of charges too but I'm not sure if that was because of my keyboard (it has issues with holding charges sometimes in BOI, every couple of minutes it will just not read an inputs for half a second) or because it's such a long charge or both.

It's really a lackluster item when compared to Brimstone since Brimstone charges faster and lets you keep distance.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Moon Monster posted:

If you find The Ludovico Technique as Azazel that's pretty much a win right there.

I got this earlier today and wow is it ridiculous. Just destroyed everything, no effort required.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
What, exactly, does Hard Mode unlock? Is it just the different Baby items after beating Mom's Heart with each character? Because if that's the case, I think I'll just go back to Normal after completing all the Hard runs. Not getting any keys or bombs for several floors is a pain in my rear end.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RatHat posted:

Pro-tip: Using a hematemesis pill in the super secret room that contains 1 black/sin heart will make hematemesis spawn black hearts instead of red ones. I suspect the Lovers tarot card would probably do the same thing, and maybe the Jar too.

That works for any of the secret rooms with hearts in them. Hearts in the holy super secret room are always eternal hearts, and hearts in the womb room are always red (so don't use your Hierophant card in there).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Nastyman posted:

Callus, How To Jump, The Ladder, Teleport, any kind of invulnerability, get lucky and find a treasure room next to it. It's a roguelike, sometimes you just get hosed.

I don't buy this. Maybe with some roguelikes this is true, but that's because generally roguelikes are badly-designed games that have tricked people into thinking their horrible lack of balance is a feature. Binding of Isaac is almost always good about avoiding no-win scenarios, and when it has them they're almost never baked directly into the generation or level design they way they are in that one room.

It's a clever, but bad idea for a room and doesn't need to be there.