Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

An important announcement from Yusuf himself: Xbox One Sales on the Rise

"Shortly" they'll be at 10m units shipped!
Bone thrones going to become the bone dinette set with bone sideboard and bone-shaped corner sofa.

Look unto my works warehouse managers and despair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

ethanol posted:

i don't need to pretend to be a ps4 owner to post about how bad it is, the imposter is making me SICK to my stomach

:qq:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

An important announcement from Yusuf himself: Xbox One Sales on the Rise

"Shortly" they'll be at 10m units shipped!*

* back and forth between MS stores and shell distribution centres to massage figures for PR

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

shadow puppet of a posted:

Holy poo poo. I love it.

Nice

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
thread is depressing

the thing was a gift, ok

sunset overdrive*

(*is fun)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

kaptainkaffeine posted:

thread is depressing
Depressing is having to dust these for the next 9 months of the year so a few executives can lie with the truth and never getting that shelf space back. (thanks neogaf)

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Crafty posted:

Man they are going haywire since bloodbourne got pushed back. drat!!!

It's called Irony. In terms you might understand : it's like a company saying they are going to concentrate on a "gaming machine for gamers!". Then people buy it because they are suckered in by the slick marketing "#4thegamers". But then the story takes a sinister turn as zero games are released for the "gaming first!" console, and the only semi decent game gets pushed back into oblivion, and that's called irony. :laugh:

Oblivion is four weeks?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

shadow puppet of a posted:

Depressing is having to dust these for the next 9 months of the year so a few executives can lie with the truth and never getting that shelf space back. (thanks neogaf)

Advanced Wall-Flair

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Lol at people that have to talk about a toy they don't like every day of their lives.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Seedge posted:

Oblivion is four weeks?

Oh man, I sunk like 4 months into Oblivion. Never did finish the main quest line.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

incorporeal posted:

Lol at people that have to talk about a toy they don't like every day of their lives.

Lol at people that have to lol about people that have to talk about a toy they don't like every day of their lives.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Bass Bottles posted:

Advanced Wall-Flair

Goddamn that is a lot of bundles. What are those ones high on the shelf, Titanfall? Even so, "almost 10m" shipped can't mean less than like 8.5m actually sold through. So do we now have confirmation that the Wii U is back on track for the worst* console of the generation?

*worst is based 99% on pees and 1% on sales.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Saladman posted:

Goddamn that is a lot of bundles. What are those ones high on the shelf, Titanfall? Even so, "almost 10m" shipped can't mean less than like 8.5m actually sold through. So do we now have confirmation that the Wii U is back on track for the worst* console of the generation?

*worst is based 99% on pees and 1% on sales.
Too many variables to work off of shipped totals, although they should be pushing past WiiU in optimistic estimates.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Saladman posted:

Goddamn that is a lot of bundles. What are those ones high on the shelf, Titanfall? Even so, "almost 10m" shipped can't mean less than like 8.5m actually sold through.

It absolutely can and probably does, have you seen those unsold stacks of Titanfall bundles?

Selling Fine

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i don't know what you guys are talking about, they plan on selling over a billion xbox ones why are you doubting them

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

And they've already shipped just under a billion to retailers.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Oh man are you going to be eating that green avatar when Microsoft announces the Gears of War re-release in 2015.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

incorporeal posted:

Maybe if you post it a third time someone will emptyquote you and you'll feel good again. You'll be in my prayers.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

RangerAce posted:

Lol at people that have to lol about people that have to talk about a toy they don't like every day of their lives.

lol

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Pathos posted:

Oh man are you going to be eating that green avatar when Microsoft announces the Gears of War re-release in 2015.

Are MS determined to do a Greatest Hits of every thing that people don't really care about any more?

Can't wait for a re-release of the Nokia 3310!

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

You can't just assume Wii U is beaten, right now. Bayonetta 2 appears to have reviewed and sold well and then there's Super Smash Bros. We'll have to wait and see with the next NPD, but even last month Wii U was starting to see an uptick as people are realizing "Oh hey this little poo poo has got some interesting games (finally)."

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

spudsbuckley posted:

Are MS determined to do a Greatest Hits of every thing that people don't really care about any more?

Bloodwake HD confirmed

RangerAce posted:

We'll have to wait and see with the next NPD

That's tomorrow btw

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Maybe if you post it a third time someone will emptyquote you and you'll feel good again. You'll be in my prayers.

God, we can only hope

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

i was here first i had a reservation
"Every unit we sell is at a loss, and every new release that comes out is given away in a bundle. All the time, our customers ask us, "How do you make money doing this?" The answer is simple: Volume. That's what we do."

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Cubey posted:

That's tomorrow btw
Place your bets folks, I say 520/330.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Argas posted:

but it's 1080p 60fps

Yeah but graphics don't matter though, remember?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Place your bets folks, I say 520/330.

I won't guess numbers but I'll say a 1.5:1 split PS4/Xbone

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

incorporeal posted:

God, we can only hope

Hey, I said I had this covered

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Cubey posted:

Bloodwake HD confirmed

Don't even joke about that

Might get a Bone on dark friday if the deals are worth it. Otherwise lol fuckin' MS idiots

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TheHoosier posted:

Don't even joke about that

ok fine

Brute Force HD

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Tomorrow's NPD is for October, before the price cut, so it will be business as usual.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Cubey posted:

ok fine

Brute Force HD

Azurik 2

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bass Bottles posted:

Tomorrow's NPD is for October, before the price cut, so it will be business as usual.

Yeah between that and Halo, November's NPD will be a lot more interesting. Will this finally be the kick Xbox needs to outsell PS4 for a month?

Well you won this round, man Azurik, holy poo poo that game

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....

Cubey posted:

Yeah between that and Halo, November's NPD will be a lot more interesting. Will this finally be the kick Xbox needs to outsell PS4 for a month?

How can it not. It's being sold with games for a good deal and had a re-release of its biggest title. No way PS4 wins November.

E: that being said, shipped doesn't equal sold so MS numbers are all a smoke screen.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Floridiot posted:

No way PS4 wins November.

I was saying that when Titanfall came out, and, well

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....

Cubey posted:

I was saying that when Titanfall came out, and, well

Titanfall isn't Halo and was on PC and was awful IMO.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Would have considered a bone if the white sku were still available.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Cubey posted:

Well you won this round, man Azurik, holy poo poo that game

I bought an OG X-Box day 1, and picked up Munch's Oddysee, Azurik, Halo, and Fuzion Frenzy

Guess which one went back to Gstop in a fuckin hurry

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Okay, so, I got an Xbox One rear end Creed Bundle, a 12-month Gold card, and Halo:MCC yesterday from Amazon. I played it for like 2 hours yesterday, and then turned it off. Tried to play it today, and apparently the power supply is hosed. I contact Microsoft and they said to just get it replaced by Amazon. I said "i'm not going to wait 3 weeks to get my Xbox back when it ended up being defective through no fault of my own without some sort of goodwill gesture from y'all."

He gave me a 1 month xbox live gold card.

So, I got $500 back from Amazon today which is pretty cool I guess. Anyways, who wants an Xbox Live gold card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That still counts as two retailer-level sold-in transactions for Yusuf's purposes. Three if they count the phonecall.

• Locked thread