Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ruffz posted:

I'm just sick of investing hundreds of hours into characters in failed MMOs and ones that are heading down the path to failing like AA is.

It's almost like steep linear progression is a bigger barrier to new customers than a good retention scheme.

Then again most gamers seem to not know what sunk cost fallacy is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Anyone else having trouble with disconnections? It keeps disconnecting me between selecting character and getting in game.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Extra posted:

Quick Tanreall, revive the CRPG thread!

I wish CRPG wasn't run by a bunch of dumb children. Only reason it's even fun at this point is that M&B combat is badass.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

ruffz posted:

Yay, I got home from work at 9am and surprise, a 6 hour downtime which takes away all but maybe an hour of my available play time for today. This is the first MMO in years that's had downtimes which cause me to lose a significant amount of play time. Things are getting bad when I'm suddenly getting a tiny bit of interest in checking out WoW again after an almost 7 year hiatus. I'm just sick of investing hundreds of hours into characters in failed MMOs and ones that are heading down the path to failing like AA is.

Holy poo poo you are such a whiny little bitch. Just stop playing, god drat.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tanreall posted:

I wish CRPG wasn't run by a bunch of dumb children. Only reason it's even fun at this point is that M&B combat is badass.

Yeah, CRPG had the opportunity to be a lot of fun, but you said it perfectly

Eruonen posted:

lol we haven't had a terrible post in a while, thanks

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
If any of you leaving/sad people want to dump some Aranzeb coastal property on me ... especially in Villanelle... lmk!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eruonen posted:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

In no way should my previous post be taken as a slight towards my fellow gay goons but rather as a humorous jab at the poster quoted in it.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
but it implies that being gay is a bad thing :colbert:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

but it implies that being gay is a bad thing :colbert:

This is true. Let me find another popular meme to describe this situation. I'll be right back.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
a nice feels picture seems warranted here

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Here we go

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

I choose to believe this is using the old-timey definition of gay, and Santa's just making sure this kid's happy this year whether he likes it or not.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
see

no sweeping things under the rug

thats how you make an omelette or something like that

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

TheRagamuffin posted:

I choose to believe this is using the old-timey definition of gay, and Santa's just making sure this kid's happy this year whether he likes it or not.

Lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Adding this to the OP since SCT's guild needs a graphic

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

:pusheen:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:allears:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

:eyepop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thats a pretty big book he is reading, I bet it goes into ephebophilia vs pedophilia

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I think the offsite members online count tells you everything you need to know

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Eonwe posted:

Yeah, CRPG had the opportunity to be a lot of fun, but you said it perfectly

lol we haven't had a terrible post in a while, thanks

People still play CPG? I play every now and then but that recent revival patch killed it for me.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

InternetJunky posted:

I really don't know what to do with my lands that I'm not using for pack storage now. Assuming the price of labour stays above 25g, farming pretty anything seems pointless right now. Nobody is factoring in the labour cost, so nearly everything is available on the AH for cheaper than it would cost me to produce it myself.

If you grow rice you can fit about 130-140 on a 16x16. That gets you about 11g after ah fees and buying the seeds for 140 labor. Garlic is similar profits.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Eonwe posted:

I think the offsite members online count tells you everything you need to know

I don't disagree that the game is hemorrhaging players, however the offsite has never been very busy except for when the SA thread was gassed and we had to wait for a new one to pop up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I know I just like to make fun

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

lampey posted:

If you grow rice you can fit about 130-140 on a 16x16. That gets you about 11g after ah fees and buying the seeds for 140 labor. Garlic is similar profits.

yea planting and replanting 135 rice seeds over and over sounds like a boatload of fun

heathkit
May 1, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

This isn't some big secret that only EVE figured out, they're just the only ones with the balls to do it and the fanbase that will accept it. If anyone else even thinks about doing it then the gaming babbys of the world will let out such wails of agony at the thought of losing something in a video game that Obi Wan Kenobi will think a planet exploded.

This is exactly what happened in Firefall, and it was pretty sad to watch. They had really ambitious plans for the player run economy - but then, they had all kinds of crazy plans. They didn't build item destruction into the design of the game from the beginning, and instead tacked on this clumsy "item decay" feature during the beta. And of course, everyone went apeshit about losing their purples, and a few months later they dropped the idea.

I'm hopeful that someday there'll be an MMO with a real economy out there other than Eve, but I see why it hasn't happened yet. People are idiots.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

thats a pretty big book he is reading, I bet it goes into ephebophilia vs pedophilia

It's the thesaurus where he learned it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

heathkit posted:

This is exactly what happened in Firefall, and it was pretty sad to watch. They had really ambitious plans for the player run economy - but then, they had all kinds of crazy plans. They didn't build item destruction into the design of the game from the beginning, and instead tacked on this clumsy "item decay" feature during the beta. And of course, everyone went apeshit about losing their purples, and a few months later they dropped the idea.

I'm hopeful that someday there'll be an MMO with a real economy out there other than Eve, but I see why it hasn't happened yet. People are idiots.

Firefall also had a bus that never worked that they paid poo poo tons of money for, a studio to produce movies and tv shows about firefall, and crazy upon crazy as a ceo guy.

One day people who worked there logged in to find a forum post saying pvp had been canceled and that was the first they had ever heard of it. Instead of telling the people who work there first, they told the forums first.

Firefall was never going to be anything good nor did they have any plans that lasted longer than a few weeks besides jumpjets are cool. The players could of been the reason why it was removed, or their bat poo poo crazy ceo who axed a lot of things for no reason.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

LegionAreI posted:

Anyone else having trouble with disconnections? It keeps disconnecting me between selecting character and getting in game.

So just an update on this - if you're having disconnections and modified your client, try un-modifying it and logging in again. :mad: I don't know if that was the answer but it fixed it for me. I just wanted the goddamn FOV thing Trion, gently caress you.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Firefall had all of the dances make your character sing/mumble/hum along to Rednex's Cotton Eye Joe, which was good, also confusing.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Boat would go down to the crafter area and sing cotton eye joe as a black man while I stood above it and threw jump pads below people crafting. This threw them away and didn't mess them up unless they closed the window, which they did.

They always blamed him and also learned to move if they ever heard cotton eye joe.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Did they lift the restrictions on Aranzeb with the patch?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stupid loving trion posted:

Global game publisher GAMEVIL has partnered with development company XL Games to release a mobile version of the widely successful MMORPG ArcheAge. [...] In addition to receiving praise in Korea, ArcheAge has also amassed over 2 million players in North America and Europe after being released in these regions in September 2014. By adapting this online game into a mobile RPG, GAMEVIL and XL Games hope to let even more gamers around the world enjoy ArcheAge. [...] The mobile version of ArcheAge will combine XL Games' development with GAMEVIL's service to provide the ultimate mobile MMORPG experience.

lol good luck with that

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Fauxtool posted:

lol good luck with that

laffo

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Rift had the best mobile version of the game.

You would play lottery scratch offs and just chat with your guild.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
But this game struggles to run on my computer...

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Fauxtool posted:

lol good luck with that

lol, this loving game. Gamevil is absolute poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atown
Aug 10, 2011
I think the ebola blockade just won this game. Guy got so butthurt he just unloaded all 5 packs from his wagon for us and rode away on his horse. They were hellswamp packs too.

• Locked thread