Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Things I hope happen during the inevitable Toph throwdown:

Toph makes fun of the fact they are getting their asses kicked by a blind woman.

Someone remarks that platinum can't be metalbent and Toph shows them that is just because they are bad at metalbending.

Toph sees mechs, remarks she made metal power armor before they were even born, and makes herself into Voltron made out of unwilling powersuits.

Toph goes full Batman and picks the loggers off one by one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
As the show has had a strict policy of keeping the ATLA cast on the sidelines of important combats (Katara sat out season 2, Zuko didn't help Korra in the final battle of season 3) I severely doubt we will see Toph at all.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Xand_Man posted:

Things I hope happen during the inevitable Toph throwdown:

Toph makes fun of the fact they are getting their asses kicked by a blind woman.

Someone remarks that platinum can't be metalbent and Toph shows them that is just because they are bad at metalbending.

Toph sees mechs, remarks she made metal power armor before they were even born, and makes herself into Voltron made out of unwilling powersuits.

Toph goes full Batman and picks the loggers off one by one.
Toph is eventually forced to retreat due to sheer numbers, decides to track down Zuko and Katara and get the gaang back together, go Expendables on this motherfucker

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If we get a reunited Gaang action sequence, it'll be them playing the role of the White Lotus during Sozin's Comet but with Zaofu instead of Ba Sing Se, while the Korra characters deal with the inevitable final confrontation in Republic City.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 14, 2014

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

JT Jag posted:

Toph is eventually forced to retreat due to sheer numbers, decides to track down Zuko and Katara and get the gaang back together, go Expendables on this motherfucker

I hope this sequence goes down. When the inevitable deus ex machina that allows Korra to reconnect with her past lives occurs, Aang channels himself through Korra to get the original Gaang out of trouble and then returns to the dead. Would be so dumb but drat it I want to see it happen

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

JT Jag posted:

Oh my god.

Oh my gooooooooooood, I need this. :woop:

Hauldren Collider
Dec 31, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Yessss

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

JT Jag posted:

drat it, and I was so good about keeping the expectations low until this point. Now, whatever happens, I'm bound to be disappointed. drat you. drat you to all hells, JT Jag.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

dj_clawson posted:

As the show has had a strict policy of keeping the ATLA cast on the sidelines of important combats (Katara sat out season 2, Zuko didn't help Korra in the final battle of season 3) I severely doubt we will see Toph at all.

This isn't the final conflict though, and it's not a fight the main characters will likely be involved in like the others you mention. Since this season made a big deal of Toph being in the swamp (today's episode even made a point of mentioning it when it could have easily been left out) it would be incredibly jarring if something huge happened to the swamp and Toph was nowhere to be found. I don't know if she'll play as big a role as people are predicting but I think we'll at least get a quick cutaway.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
If they do a liberation of Zaofu with the old guard (and Tenzin) I will be quite happy.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

JT Jag posted:

They'll never get caught, they're on a mission from God Raava.

VanSandman posted:

Hell, maybe Toph succeeds in protecting the tree, and Kuvira has to go to republic city to get more vines or something.

It'll probably never happen, but this would be pretty interesting. Kuvira publicly gets beaten by Toph, and it becomes one of the first real cracks in her perfect propaganda image. So she turns around and marches on Republic City: half to get more of those juicy vines, and half to slot another military victory under her belt and regain her army's awe.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

meristem posted:

drat it, and I was so good about keeping the expectations low until this point. Now, whatever happens, I'm bound to be disappointed. drat you. drat you to all hells, JT Jag.
You're welcome.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

JT Jag posted:

At some point one of the gaang is in trouble, and the bad guy is suddenly conked by a L-shaped piece of metal flying in from off-camera.

Boomerang always comes back.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Xand_Man posted:

At some point one of the gaang is in trouble, and the bad guy is suddenly conked by a L-shaped piece of metal flying in from off-camera.

A brick joke an entire show and 70 or so in-universe years in the making.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Xand_Man posted:

I would honestly be totally okay with that.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Xand_Man posted:

:magical: Yes, please.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Xand_Man posted:

During the final fight in the Wulong Forest, Toph will spot chekhov's gun a random black space metal sword stuck on a tree and use it to decapitate Kuvira.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 14, 2014

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Toplowtech posted:

During the final fight in the Wulong Forest, Toph will spot chekhov's gun a random black space metal sword stuck on a tree and use it to decapitate Kuvira.

With blood just spraying everywhere from her corpse for no good reason other than gently caress you, Nick, gently caress you to hell.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

With blood just spraying everywhere from her corpse for no good reason other than gently caress you, Nick, gently caress you to hell.

Everybody stares in horror and they all look back to Toph doing this:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Please, this is Nickelodeon. We can only show a character getting decapitated if their head is encased in metal and horrifically explodes.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

Toph is definitely going down in a blaze of glory or surviving and returning in the finale.
In the final fight, Toph is Korra what that rock was to Aang.

JT Jag posted:

:black101:

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

tribbledirigible posted:

Everybody stares in horror and they all look back to Toph doing this:

This would just be swell

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
If the next episode is not Toph going "Get off my lawn!", I will be disappointment.

pattywacker
Nov 8, 2005
I just hope Toph gets an opportunity to verbally tear down Kuivira and mention how she is basically Ozai/Sozin with a palette swap of ideology and colors, and how the Avatar will do what needs to be done, no matter the tyrant

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

uncleKitchener posted:

If the next episode is not Toph going "Get off my lawn!", I will be disappointment.

Something along these lines?

Just have it last like, 15 seconds. Cut back to Korra & Friends + Bolin/Varrick

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

TheKingofSprings posted:

There is almost 0% chance Steve Blum wasn't asked to guest star as Not Spike Spiegel.

Then why the hell did he not voice Jet in ATLA?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Well, this show has an excellent track record so far capturing the sheer entertainment that is Toph. It'll definitely be something to behold. Maybe not even a huge action scene, but definitely badass. I can't imagine Toph backing down or not noticing.

...basically, I want the finale to be non-stop destruction and magic kung-fu battles. I don't care if all other episodes leading up to it are setup.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm wondering if the Swamp itself will go Silent Hill on those guys.

Hauldren Collider
Dec 31, 2012

Xand_Man posted:

Yes,

Toplowtech posted:

yes,

Combed Thunderclap posted:

and more yes.

Gymer
May 30, 2012
Speaking of Toph and how awesome she is I came across these art tumblr posts earlier today of Toph being awesomely funny.

a little one with Toph with Su and

A funny scene between Toph and Katara.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm wondering if the Swamp itself will go Silent Hill on those guys.

I'd be surprised and saddened if it didn't.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
I would be interested in seeing Baatar interact with Toph, he is her grandson after all. Maybe she will shame him in that special way that grandmothers can.

Rosalind posted:

I wonder how people would defend that.
Maybe by likening it to WW2!U.S.A rather than WW2!Germany? It feels like Kuvira is doing the same "let's send japanese people to prison camps" thing that the U.S did in WW2.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I had a realization that just raised my expectations to impossible heights. This is the perfect set up for an Avatar version of Raiders of the Lost Ark. The only question is: who would be Indiana Jones?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

JT Jag posted:

The three are secretly ripped under those grandpa and granny robes and ready to kill!

Mako after prison/King Bumi ripped.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Toplowtech posted:

Wulong Forest
Oh cool someone else knows that name.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

X_Toad posted:

Maybe by likening it to WW2!U.S.A rather than WW2!Germany? It feels like Kuvira is doing the same "let's send japanese people to prison camps" thing that the U.S did in WW2.

Uh that's not defensible either

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Mraagvpeine posted:

I had a realization that just raised my expectations to impossible heights. This is the perfect set up for an Avatar version of Raiders of the Lost Ark. The only question is: who would be Indiana Jones?

You talking about the spirit vines or something else?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I honestly feel like Toph will show up, shrug and go back to whatever it is she's doing until the inevitable noise disturbs her and she just throws a chunk of rock and spirit vine at them as a sign to gently caress off.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Oh cool someone else knows that name.

It was mentioned in S1 of Korra, so it's not the most obscure place name in the series.

Xelkelvos posted:

I honestly feel like Toph will show up, shrug and go back to whatever it is she's doing until the inevitable noise disturbs her and she just throws a chunk of rock and spirit vine at them as a sign to gently caress off.

I'm not sure she'd be fine with Kuvira dismantling her home and the place where she can connect with the world.

Exclamation Marx posted:

Uh that's not defensible either

Yeah really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

This seems like the sort of development all of the spirits who've inevitably settled in that swamp are not likely to be pleased about.

• Locked thread