Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Waffleopolis posted:

Speaking of The Lost, I just did a Lost run correctly (from what I've read about unlocking him), and he didn't unlock. Did they patch it to where seeded games don't count (I used one seed for Isaac's step for Mullibooms)? After that the other 3 were legit runs to their proper deaths. I went back to the main menu and yet no message saying I unlocked The Lost. What did I do wrong? :confused:

No, I used a seeded run, also just to find a drat Mulliboom, to unlock The Lost yesterday and it work. The "You unlocked the lost" message popped up right after Azazel died to Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

So I had a really sick combo with Scythes + Monstro's Lung + Bloody Lust + Eve's Mascara + a few other things as pictured, and it just got totally hosed in the Dark Room by Technology. It changed from what was in this picture to firing Technology shots that took like 6 seconds between shots :coffeepal:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

Speaking of The Lost, I just did a Lost run correctly (from what I've read about unlocking him), and he didn't unlock. Did they patch it to where seeded games don't count (I used one seed for Isaac's step for Mullibooms)? After that the other 3 were legit runs to their proper deaths. I went back to the main menu and yet no message saying I unlocked The Lost. What did I do wrong? :confused:

I used a seeded run for both Isaac + a sick Judas setup and unlocked The Lost like 2 hours ago.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Power of Pecota posted:

I used a seeded run for both Isaac + a sick Judas setup and unlocked The Lost like 2 hours ago.

I'll try again. BTW, what's the Judas seed? I'd like one where he's not hosed over in items. :(

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow I must got really lucky with Azazel today, as I found the Ludovico on the very first room I enter as him. I start to get a bunch of health later on, which combine that with finding the Card Dupicator/Sun Card/Nun Veil...and I just coast through the game, right through the boss rush and [Mega Satan. Made a video of it, but it starts on the final floor of the Womb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFeEGlDymHc

Here the seed if anyone wants to play this broken run.

JYE0
C72E

Only thing I regret is not grabbing Money is Power before the boss rush, as I got a LOT of money in the Chest.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Waffleopolis posted:

I'll try again. BTW, what's the Judas seed? I'd like one where he's not hosed over in items. :(

Personally, the one I used was 94YJ H0A6. Very quickly gets you stuff like the demon buddy and the satanic bible along with tears and damage upgrades. Worked very easily for me and it should for you as long as you skip the ankh when it pops up. Plus the first couple of bosses and floors are really easy ones, iirc.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

PC8E VHFD gives you Technology 2 + Ipecac in the first two treasure rooms (and also Monstro's Lung in the third unless you have D4 unlocked, but I have D4 unlocked so idk how much of a help it is)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does doing all the Challenges really not having an achievement? That's weird.

So since the trick with Dead cat for getting multiple boss items doesn't work anymore it's impossible to have both full Bandage girl and full Meat boy right? That'd be a fun challenge; blindfolded but you start with a 3rd level Bandage girl and Meat boy.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
I had a Lost run going where I had the Holy Mantle AND Dead Cat, as well as near full damage scythes going. I beat Mom and in trying to dodge her last attack I instantly picked up the Polaroid.

I've already beaten the Chest with the Lost :smithicide:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Logan 5 posted:

I had a Lost run going where I had the Holy Mantle AND Dead Cat, as well as near full damage scythes going. I beat Mom and in trying to dodge her last attack I instantly picked up the Polaroid.

I've already beaten the Chest with the Lost :smithicide:

One thing I hate in this is how the items will spawn right on top of you after a boss fight and you pick it up. Really screws over an Options and/or reroll situation.

My own fortunate scenario happened this evening on the Waka Waka challenge. Had poo poo damage drops and devil/angel rooms, was rolling with 4 HP but got deep, though figured I would lose on Mom, considered restarting. Last two shops were Greed and Super Greed(so couldn't use money) and was on Necropolis 2, but that floor's shop yielded THE BIBLE!!! So I won.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

What are the consequences of using a seed? There's a weird icon that looks like no trophy. Can you not unlock items while running a seeded game?

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Krinkle posted:

What are the consequences of using a seed? There's a weird icon that looks like no trophy. Can you not unlock items while running a seeded game?

Correct. No unlocks.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Krinkle posted:

Correct. No achievements.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Except you can get The Lost unlock and achievement with seeded runs, it seems. But only that one.

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy

Kawalimus posted:

Except you can get The Lost unlock and achievement with seeded runs, it seems. But only that one.

The final run with Azazel must be unseeded.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Kanpachi posted:

The final run with Azazel must be unseeded.

I wonder if that's a bug where there's just a "Is this run seeded? If no, don't unlock" check on unlocks so the prior runs don't count or if it was done intentionally because Mullibooms are total fuckers to get.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Kawalimus posted:

One thing I hate in this is how the items will spawn right on top of you after a boss fight and you pick it up. Really screws over an Options and/or reroll situation.

Yeah I really really wish that there a system more like the trapdoors to the next level, where if it appears right below you, you get time to move away before it activates so you can consider what to do.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Power of Pecota posted:

I wonder if that's a bug where there's just a "Is this run seeded? If no, don't unlock" check on unlocks so the prior runs don't count or if it was done intentionally because Mullibooms are total fuckers to get.

Almost certainly the former.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I love it when I have the mitre + dark bum with 6+ heart containers and I'm trying to avoid any more health ups when the game decides to be incredibly generous and gives me the halo, smb super fan, capricorn, and magic mushroom. All stats up is too good to pass on, but then I really can't afford to give up any more room for spirit heart containers.

How do you get the room zoomed out like that? I'm always annoyed at the mini-map + consumables covering up the top corners of my screen.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Just did my first Judas run of Rebirth and holy poo poo did that go well. Book of Belial is wonderful right from the start, and the first item I got was Cricket's Body, so I had splash damage. What followed was a ton of damage up items, three consecutive Angel Rooms giving me the Holy Mantle, the Wafer, and finally the Dead Dove, and eventually killing Mom's Heart so thoroughly that I got to go to the Cathedral (despite not having formally "unlocked" it yet). The Cathedral was tough, but I picked up an Emperor card in like the third room and absolutely melted Isaac with giant splash tears.

God that was fun. I love Brimstone and all that, but there's something so satisfying about just having really great tears.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

I hate The Lost so much

No you don't! You've picked him more than 100 times in a row! :razz:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Edit: Nevermind! Got The Lost!

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 18, 2014

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Sanctum posted:

How do you get the room zoomed out like that? I'm always annoyed at the mini-map + consumables covering up the top corners of my screen.

Make the game window bigger

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Kawalimus posted:

I got the cellar unlock (I think from killing each of the normal basement bosses once?) after killing Gemini for the first time during a challenge run; I'm 100% sure about that. Not sure if it's a bug or if it works for all the alternate floor unlocks or what but I can can confirm that at least some secrets are unlockable during challenge/seeded runs

(although, this was on 1.0 on ps4 before any patches so maybe it's changed?)

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Tanuki leaf plus gemini plus level 3 meat boy means I can cheese the game as blue baby. It might take forever to kill things, but it's worth it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
jesus christ I got a double adversary room directly before the lamb kill me now

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

AnonSpore posted:

jesus christ I got a double adversary room directly before the lamb kill me now

The Adversaries should take care of that for you in just a second.

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
Try not to pick up any extra life items when going for the Lost. Just did the satan part with guppy's collar (I picked it up in a curse of the blind) and after dying and respawning had to fight him I think three more times until it let me die, and of course each time I was risking dying to the Fallen as I only had half a soul heart. One time I actually did, but fortunately it respawned me for another shot.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Sanctum posted:

Press tab.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Man, some challenges really suck. Here's hoping I can get a dice room for Family Man before Isaac because the damage is abysmal and you don't have great control over it anyway. BFFs! and Hive Mind would be a nice alternative. That's kinda the problem I have with some of these, there's only a few things that are worth a drat to pick up.
You do not want to use a dice room on Family Man, you keep the blindfold and could end up with literally no way to deal damage. Rotten Baby with BFF is better than anything you're likely to roll into.

e:

AnonSpore posted:

I like how this game has been fukken datamined and still nobody has the foggiest clue what the mystery sack does.
Working as intended

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 18, 2014

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

RatHat posted:

Does doing all the Challenges really not having an achievement? That's weird.

It totally does! At least the PSN version does, I can see it in my trophy list.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Che Delilas posted:

The Adversaries should take care of that for you in just a second.

They did

e:

:suicide:

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004

Tiny Planet and Soy Milk are useless? Not with coal (and penetrative shots)
It was like an industrial blender. Takes a second to get going but chewed absolutely everything to pieces right after

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

RonJeremysBalzac posted:

Tiny Planet and Soy Milk are useless? Not with coal (and penetrative shots)
It was like an industrial blender. Takes a second to get going but chewed absolutely everything to pieces right after

Yep. If you can tough it out and get yourself a Devil Room or two, Coal pretty much solves the Head Trauma challenge all on its own.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

That was a fun Eve run: YLW6 E4SA

Monstro's Lung + Chocolate Milk + Daddy Longlegs + Guppy

omeg fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 18, 2014

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Is every "champion" version of a boss way easier than the normal, or just the ones I've fought so far? It's really strange entering a boss room, seeing it's the miscoloured special version of the boss, and being relieved.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Hahaha, Credit Card + Blank Card. Free shops and devil deals FOREVER!

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004

LibbyM posted:

Is every "champion" version of a boss way easier than the normal, or just the ones I've fought so far? It's really strange entering a boss room, seeing it's the miscoloured special version of the boss, and being relieved.

I absolutely hate red Monstro II. Especially since they often appear in groups of 2 or 4.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

LibbyM posted:

It varies. Some things like the champ Monstro are nice since they can't jump. By the the easiest one though is the Carrion Queen since she just shits out mini-hearts instead of those goddamn red poops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

bobjr posted:

Tanuki leaf plus gemini plus level 3 meat boy means I can cheese the game as blue baby. It might take forever to kill things, but it's worth it.

I had a Gnawed Leaf + Daddy's Love + Guppy's Hairball run earlier today and in like half the Dark Room rooms I'd just plant myself somewhere, do something else for a few minutes, and then come back.

Has anyone gotten a Meat Boy/Bandage Girl achievement from Monster Manualing them? I was doing hard mode Eden runs earlier and got a level 2 version of both, it'd be cool (and worth prioritizing Monster Manual) if that would work.