Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Darkrenown posted:

No time to fact check, gotta get mad! :justpost:

Oil is still a resource, Slime Bro Helpdesk is thinking of raw materials - the metal/energy/rare materials used to run IC in previous HoIs have been rolled into one, there's a DD about it here.

So, since civilian industry is separate from military industry, does that mean there's no slider to determine how much IC I'm wasting on commemorative Hitler plates to keep the population happy? Or are there multiple tabs in the production screen, with each tab having it's own sliders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Koesj posted:

aluminum (nnnooo)
Be the hipster and call it alumium so you can feel superior to everyone and not just the yanks :smug:

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Darkrenown posted:

Oil is still a resource, Slime Bro Helpdesk is thinking of raw materials - the metal/energy/rare materials used to run IC in previous HoIs have been rolled into one, there's a DD about it here.

Gracias, I'm glad at least I kinda remembered that fact right!

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Don Gato posted:

So, since civilian industry is separate from military industry, does that mean there's no slider to determine how much IC I'm wasting on commemorative Hitler plates to keep the population happy? Or are there multiple tabs in the production screen, with each tab having it's own sliders?

There are very few sliders in HoI4 (I think the trade screen might be the only place), you just gotta keep a % of your industry as Civilian. It's assumed to be building fridges and stuff to keep people happy as well as being used to build buildings.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Darkrenown posted:

Cut him some slack, he is a literal Autist and he gets into those fits at least once a week in this thread

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

He wasn't exactly flying off the handle there.

Anyway realtalk: Vicky 2, how do I mod it so slaves can work in factories? I've changed their poptype file to have "can_work_factory = yes" in, and I've changed their migration thing to account for that a bit. However, when I load up and start playing, although slaves do start factory work, it crashes after a few days. :saddowns: Anyone have any ideas?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Mister Adequate posted:

Anyway realtalk: Vicky 2, how do I mod it so slaves can work in factories? I've changed their poptype file to have "can_work_factory = yes" in, and I've changed their migration thing to account for that a bit. However, when I load up and start playing, although slaves do start factory work, it crashes after a few days. :saddowns: Anyone have any ideas?

Have you tried using wage slaves?

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

Mister Adequate posted:

Open user/config.txt
add soul = false

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

God gently caress I hate adjusting sliders every game hour (ever real life second) in HoI3. HoI4 makes me want to ejaculate in anticipation.

I don't think I have ever been this excited for a game since Spore.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Have you tried using wage slaves?

Yeah but my non-slave pop is tiny (I'm Seth Efrica), so my RGOs are abundant but my factories are desolate. I could wait for my Boers and Brits to expand in pops, but I need to boost my factory score now.

Chief Savage Man posted:

Open user/config.txt
add soul = false

I'm being deliberately as evil and regressive as possible, because my countries usually end up going Full Canadian and everyone is happy and cared for and stuff. :v:

e; Oh, huh, looks like it was because I loaded a saved game. Just started a new one with the changes and so far it's running fine.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 20, 2014

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Decrepus posted:

I don't think I have ever been this excited for a game since Spore.

Please don't say such things. It's practically asking the game development demons to ruin everyone's day.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

podcat posted:

Video of me sperging about tanks at a museum and hoi4 for 10 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCeEy1IFyX4

You should give out prizes to the first players who figure out how to complete a game start to finish with the most ahistorical outcomes imaginable. It can be an AAR contest. Like WWII kicks off as the Communist State of Orleans attacks the Democratic Republic of Ukraine and ends with the Free State of India nuking Brussels.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I can't wait for HoI4, it looks as good as Daikatana!

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Koesj posted:

marbles.

It's about time Eripsa's ideas got the recognition they deserve.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
"Toywar: A Hearts of Iron 4 Game". Strategic resources: Marbles, rubber bands, double A batteries, and tape. Build dinosaur battalions to help support your plastic army men regiments!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 21, 2014

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Mister Adequate posted:

I'm being deliberately as evil and regressive as possible, because my countries usually end up going Full Canadian and everyone is happy and cared for and stuff. :v:

Hate to break it to you, but that's not how Canada works. We really are America-lite.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

DrSunshine posted:

"Toywar: A Hearts of Iron 4 Game". Strategic resources: Marbles, rubber bands, double A batteries, and tape. Build dinosaur battalions to help support your plastic army men regiments!

The great LEGO-Playmobil war of 1940.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

GrossMurpel posted:

I can just picture the HoI4 marketing. "HoI4, at least as good as Daikatana". So many sales.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Cynic Jester posted:

I can just picture the HoI4 marketing. "HoI4, at least as good as Daikatana". So many sales.

Worked for HOI3! :downsrim:

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

PittTheElder posted:

Hate to break it to you, but that's not how Canada works. We really are America-lite.

Yeah, if he was actually playing Canada he'd probably be off to the genocide races already.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

GrossMurpel posted:

Suck it down.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Podcat/Darkrenown: will the Alien Invasion tag exist in HoI4? :pray:

gently caress, actually that would make for a kickass DLC. The level of betrayal I felt when Paradox announced their new alien invasion DLC tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

A DLC and spritepack for a Gear Krieg alt world would make my month.

Just sayin', podcat :)

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

Drone posted:

Podcat/Darkrenown: will the Alien Invasion tag exist in HoI4? :pray:

gently caress, actually that would make for a kickass DLC. The level of betrayal I felt when Paradox announced their new alien invasion DLC tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover.

Aliens have been done though, this time there should be a Hollow Earth People invasion DLC.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Guildencrantz posted:

Aliens have been done though, this time there should be a Hollow Earth People invasion DLC.

An Ahnenerbe DLC/expansion would also own.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Guildencrantz posted:

I would be all over these.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Oh man, those airplane designs remind me that (since I also skipped over HoI3) the HoI4 map would really serve much better for a Crimson Skies setting than the HoI2/DH map, what with the smaller provinces in the US and all.

podcat
Jun 21, 2012

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Dust is cooler. its what we play at the office. I have an afrika korps gorilla army :)

Would totally do a collaboration project with those guys for a dlc

podcat fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 21, 2014

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I can't get over how prominently the Dust artists wants to advertise that they have no idea what boobs look like.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Mister Adequate posted:

Not having tone of voice on the internet is terrific because it lets you interpret stunned, questioning confusion as an autistic fit

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

DStecks posted:

Not having tone of voice on the internet is terrific because it lets you interpret stunned, questioning confusion as an autistic fit

About 1/3 of the total message traffic on the internet is people misinterpreting other people's tone. Maybe your avatar is causing people to make confused associations. It might be an interesting (or terrible. And terrible? Probably "and terrible") experiment to add tone highlighting to internet forums to allow you to express things like [notserious]let's add tone highlighting to internet forums[/notserious].

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I just reinstalled Darkest Hour and Kaiserreich 1.5 on a new computer. Is the vulnerability/defence system still backwards in it? (i.e. do your naval units still get weaker and weaker as they go up in tech levels?)

And if so, is there an easy fix for this?

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Dibujante posted:

About 1/3 of the total message traffic on the internet is people misinterpreting other people's tone. Maybe your avatar is causing people to make confused associations. It might be an interesting (or terrible. And terrible? Probably "and terrible") experiment to add tone highlighting to internet forums to allow you to express things like [notserious]let's add tone highlighting to internet forums[/notserious].

[facetious] I'm gonna start posting like HK-47 from now on.

(For what it's worth, somebody else bought me my avatar a few years back when I did an "ask me about being a Mennonite" thread. I've been thinking about getting a new one since a forums update broke its line formatting, but can't decide what it would be.)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dibujante posted:

It might be an interesting (or terrible. And terrible? Probably "and terrible") experiment to add tone highlighting to internet forums to allow you to express things like [notserious]let's add tone highlighting to internet forums[/notserious].

:downs: How could someone ever indicate a sarcastic tone on the internet? It is a mystery for the ages

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Rutibex posted:

:downs: How could someone ever indicate a sarcastic tone on the internet? It is a mystery for the ages

I have no idea :v:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
I propose that the following character sequence for joke markers:

:-)

Read it sideways. Actually, it is probably more economical to mark
things that are NOT jokes, given current trends. For this, use

:-(

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

PittTheElder posted:

I know, but... just let me dream :smith: Just let me dream that there's one Anglo nation that isn't terrible.

Wait, I guess there's New Zealand for that!

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

vyelkin posted:

I just reinstalled Darkest Hour and Kaiserreich 1.5 on a new computer. Is the vulnerability/defence system still backwards in it? (i.e. do your naval units still get weaker and weaker as they go up in tech levels?)

And if so, is there an easy fix for this?

I thought the problem was just that it said defence when it meant vulnerability but the mechanics weren't affected? Either way, your units' vulnerability keeps decreasing with tech levels now.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

podcat posted:

Dust is cooler. its what we play at the office. I have an afrika korps gorilla army :)

Would totally do a collaboration project with those guys for a dlc

A cool mod would be some sort of hero/spy system where you have individual units running around on the same map completing objectives (sabotaging a province, kidnapping a scientist, stealing the spear of destiny...), but they basically ignore the armies on the map and are only countered by other heroes. Just my crazy idea :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The first expansion for HOI4 revamps espionage by using a stealth-action-platformer minigame to decide the outcome of various missions. :getin:

• Locked thread