Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

Is it bad that having Hawke tag along for a quest kinda makes me want to play it?

gently caress, I don't know why I brough Cassandra instead of Varric for that. I wonder how upset he gets if you leave her behind?

Regarding Varric: extremely upset, assuming Varric and Hawke were friends. He doesn't really show it up front, but he's clearly crushed later when you talk to him back at Skyhold. I also heard some tell that if you don't exile the Wardens after that, he leaves the party, but maybe that's also tied to his approval levels and/or just a rumor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

RBA Starblade posted:

A few Hinterlands quests did send me back to the war table actually. The watchtower setup one in particular.

Yeah, I should have said "a few more" -- I only remember that one, maybe another? Mostly I just meant more trips back to Haven would allow more opportunities to trigger a cutscene to prod people onward to Val Royeaux and to make the Mage / Templar decision. You've got to be really heavy-handed about saying "It's okay to move the plot forward! You don't need to finish all the side stuff!" after years of games in which the opposite was true.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sprawl posted:

Da2 can be a very fun play if you skip almost all the dialgoue.

I never played DA2 but it seems...very small sandwiched in between the world-changing events of Origins and Inquisition.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Rookersh posted:

No.

The Mages, after being free/starting their rebellion went on killing sprees/purges across the land because Fiona couldn't properly lead them. Yes, a few good Mages that happened to legitimately want peace tried working with her, but her inability to lead led to a fuckton of Maleficar.

She then got super scared the breach would be blamed on her, and went and sold her supporters over to the Tevinter Imperium to protect herself. They decided being assholes wasn't that bad a gig, and even more switched over to being dicks.

The Mage Quest itself starts by telling you Hey in 1 year without regulation, the Mages decided they should be in charge, so they started murdering more people. But the BIG MEANIE Tevinter man pushed them into it, so they are faultless! Even though you find out he only mindcontrolled a few, most of them are 100% on his side. Yeah, great faction there.

Like holy poo poo, every single Dragon Age game drives this home 100%. All the good aligned Mages ( Wynne, Irving, Viv ) are 100% in support of the Circles/Templar dynamic, even after everything that's happened. Then you have the good aligned but nonCircle Mages ( Conner, Anders ), and whoops, they all go crazy/can't control their power/demons happen eventually without any oversight. And then EVERY OTHER MAGE EVER is a Maleficar. The Mage Collective in the first game? All Blood Mages! All the Mages you meet in DA2? Blood Mages! The Mages that got free after DA2? They turned to murder! Fiona isn't a leader at all, and she's the one in "charge" of the remaining Mages, who she basically sold into slavery to save herself.

And you want me to believe she can properly govern the Mages of the land without Templar oversight? That she can teach kids to not become crazed demon people? That letting the Mages go out into the cities and marry, frolic in the fields, and not have tracking devices on them at all times won't just lead to Mages abusing their power?
loving hell, the second someone turns a blind eye on a Mage they put on a evil moustache and start cackling about how it's finally time they get what they deserve, and that the secrets of Blood Magic will be theirs! We even have a country that in the past let Mages do whatever they want, and it created Corypheus/the Darkspawn/the Tevinter goddamn Imperium.

At least with the Templars, the problem isn't inherent to their faction. The original goal of the order was to protect not just the world, but the Mages as well. Meredith was an outlier driven mad by red lyrium/Kirkwall, and Cullen says as much. The Templars you meet in Inquisition are the same way, and Cass/Leliana/Cullen say as much, that something is very, very wrong with the Templars, maybe we should go figure out what it is. And then you find out that yes in fact, something is wrong, fix the faction, and they apologize and go back to being humble guardians, attempting to protect the Mages.

It's nothing like the Geth or the Genophage. The Geth proved time and again that they could be trusted, and it was the misconceptions of the other races that held them back. Clearing up those misconceptions fixed the problem. And the Genophage was "fixed" by the fact between the first Krogan war and now, more planets had been discovered that could be colonized by the Krogan, and Wrex would theoretically be a good enough leader to keep them in line/fix the rampant breeding issues. And even then, not choosing the Genophgae wasn't really an option because it was already leading to the species extinction, so denying it was a death note to the species. There aren't misconceptions here, every time the Mages get free they go insane, to the point even the other Mages say as much. But no man, we come from the mystical land of 2014, and everyone should be free, so let's paaaaaaarty.

That's a driver/memory issue. Something is doing something it shouldn't, probably your video card. Go check for updates.

By your logic, all those crazy templars slaughtering anything that moves with the excuse of having seen a mage at some point should reflect just as badly on them. Fiona did fail to lead the mages as one monolithic group, but that's understandable because they never were one big monolithic group. Even back in the Circles there were political parties, each with a different idea on what to do. After everything fell apart, this loose congolmeration of everyone that just happened to be born with magic were all labeled fugitives and left little option but rebellion or just hoping that the Chantry would take them back.

Naturally, that basically splintered apart since there was little binding them together beyond magic. Some tried going back, some fled, some tried to stick together under the only major leaders left (like Fiona's group), and the assholes decided to play evil sorcerer because they could. Just like the rabid Templars went out terrorizing the countryside under the pretense of hunting for apostates.

After the Divine was killed, the people already sick of the mage/templar fighting, would naturally blame those magic freaks for the blast. Fionna had little options for protecting her mostly noncombatant force (including many scholars and children) until this one Tevinter magister showed up at just the right time and offered her a lopsided deal that would at least offer protection for those who can't fight. Fiona herself was forced to play servant to the magister to keep the deal. I see that as desperate and stupid, but far from evil.

Said magister had access to time travel spells, which were supposed to be impossible, meaning that he had all the time in the world to practice his sales pitch until he found the one that the mages would accept. He would then, presumably, get started on his blood magic to brainwash any unwilling mages into his Venatori force to hand to his master, just like how the Templars would be corrupted by their higher ups.

I have no idea where you're getting your views, but you had to ignore a lot to miss this. Just like your extremely inaccurate tranquility write up.

Harrow posted:

Again, I haven't played the Templar quest in Inquisition yet, but from what others have posted, it's hard for me to say that the normal, non-demonic Templars are entirely blameless in their problem. Blindly following orders even when it's clear something's wrong doesn't exactly make me trust a person, you know?

But, here's the thing: I don't think you're wrong given what we're shown in the actual games. I do, however, think that BioWare's intentions and the actual text of their games aren't matching up. I think BioWare intends for it to be ambiguous and/or to give the impression that Mages really can govern themselves if given the opportunity. Basically what I'm saying here is that you're right, but the games are never going to actually play out that way, because BioWare doesn't realize what the actual text is saying.

Plus their own leader willingly sold them out the Corypheus because he saw his organization's dark secret on tranquility and decided the only way to make it right was to remake the entire world. He didn't have the excuse of possession or red lyrium, it was all their own doing for joining a crazy cult.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 25, 2014

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just saw something really cool. Solas romance spoiler. Apparently if you romance him, he reveals to you that the tattoos the Dalish wear were slave markings back in the day. If your elf has tattoos he asks you if you want him to cast a spell and remove them and you can and they will be gone. Pretty neat.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Am I the only one just getting my poo poo wrecked by enemies? There are a few rifts in the Hinterlands, one in the river with ice demons, and one near a mountain wall with a fire demon, and I just get obliterated each time I try. And there are 2 beacons in Fallow Mire that spawn a poo poo tone of lobs that I have no hope of defeating. Do I just need to level up and come back? Speaking of leveling up, does it seem slow to anyone else? I'm almost 6 hours in, and I'm only level 6. I don't remember other RPGS taking this long at early levels.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Spikeguy posted:

I just saw something really cool. Solas romance spoiler. Apparently if you romance him, he reveals to you that the tattoos the Dalish wear were slave markings back in the day. If your elf has tattoos he asks you if you want him to cast a spell and remove them and you can and they will be gone. Pretty neat.

Endgame spoilers:

So does that mean that Abelas guy from the Temple of Mythal is a slave?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

10 Beers posted:

Am I the only one just getting my poo poo wrecked by enemies? There are a few rifts in the Hinterlands, one in the river with ice demons, and one near a mountain wall with a fire demon, and I just get obliterated each time I try. And there are 2 beacons in Fallow Mire that spawn a poo poo tone of lobs that I have no hope of defeating. Do I just need to level up and come back? Speaking of leveling up, does it seem slow to anyone else? I'm almost 6 hours in, and I'm only level 6. I don't remember other RPGS taking this long at early levels.

That's generally the pace of traditional PC wRPGs, yeah.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

exquisite tea posted:

I never played DA2 but it seems...very small sandwiched in between the world-changing events of Origins and Inquisition.

That was part of the devs' intention. Hawke was never intended to be a classical hero as far as I can tell. He's just a "leaf on the wind," riding thermals and going where they take him. Hence the name. Kirkwall is a small city-state on the rear end of Thedas but it still defines the start of the mage rebellion even if it didn't officially take place until years later. They were aiming for DA2 to be the small pebbles before the avalanche. The tragedy is that it got nerfed by EA.

Hawk can be a good guy but he's ultimately out for himself and the rest of Thedas can hang.

e:added context

HIJK fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 25, 2014

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

10 Beers posted:

Some of those rifts send out enemies closer to level 10 or so in the Hinterlands. Stay away until you've leveled up some more and gotten your specialization unlocked.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
Just a note, Origin has a black friday deal up with DA:O ultimate edition at 14.99 (probably can get a better deal on Steam later) and DA2 at 9.99 (not on Steam).

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/deals

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Rincewind posted:

Endgame spoilers:

So does that mean that Abelas guy from the Temple of Mythal is a slave?

He's in permanent, unrewarded service to a dead god, so I'd say he actually kind of is.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Harrow posted:

Really looking forward to doing a playthrough with Loghain alive. On this one, I used the Origins choices I actually made for my "main" Warden, who killed Loghain, but I have another world state ready to go for a second playthrough that has Loghain alive and well.
I'll probably watch Youtube for that and take Alistair instead, choosing him over Hawke. My second playthrough of Origins I had Loghain kill the Archdemon and felt really unsatisfied.

Monster Mash posted:

It's been a couple of days since I've done that section but I had Blackwall, Cass, Viv.

Viv Nightmare mentions something about her age ("....at your age?!") and she gets really upset and quiet. If you do her personal quest it makes sense.
Blackwall mentions that he is not who he seems to be. Personal quest completely shows that.
Cass Something about her faith being shattered and dumb.
Solas gets taunted in Elfish and while I didn't understand a word I bet it was pretty deep.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

HIJK posted:

That was part of the devs' intention. Hawke was never intended to be a classical hero as far as I can tell. He's just a "leaf on the wind," riding thermals and going where they take him. Hence the name. Kirkwall is a small city-state on the rear end of Thedas but it still defines the start of the mage rebellion even if it didn't officially take place until years later.

Hawk can be a good guy but he's ultimately out for himself and the rest of Thedas can hang.

It's weird in the sense of video game titling that what is essentially an extended entr'acte between the gigantic setpieces of Origins and Inquisition is the only entry that gets a numbered title.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Harrow posted:

What about the Dalish Mages who aren't completely nuts? There are plenty of Keepers and their Firsts out there who aren't causing chaos and using their magic responsibly without Templars to watch over them. It's also possibly worth noting that most of the Blood Mages you run into are on their own or only consort with a small group of other, equally stupid people. If a large group of former Circle Enchanters served as the governing body, and if Mages had a large community of people to help, teach, and support each other, the story might be different. There's no proof one way or the other, of course. I'm just speculating.

Yeah the Keepers have never done anything to cause chaos,they certainly never brought lycanthropy into this world for centuries all out of stubborn rage at events long since past and to appear to have reclaimed the old arts.

Or Merril, who demonstrably would have become an Abomination guaranteed if Hawke wasn't around.

Even the Dalish admit that from time to time Keepers go abom and the Clan is forced to hunt them down and it's a total shitshow.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

hey fyi for anybody that gives a poo poo, fiona is alister's mom. she was a main character in one of the first books that came out like 5 years ago

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Blue Raider posted:

hey fyi for anybody that gives a poo poo, fiona is alister's mom. she was a main character in one of the first books that came out like 5 years ago
man now I feel like an rear end in a top hat for giving her poo poo about her influence with the king or whatever.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Geostomp posted:

By your logic, all those crazy templars slaughtering anything that moves for fear of having any ties to mages should reflect just as badly on them. Fiona did fail to lead the mages as one monolithic group, but that's understandable because they never were one big monolithic group. Even back in the Circles there were political parties, each with a different idea on what to do. After everything fell apart, this loose congolmeration of everyone that just happened to be born with magic were all labeled fugitives and left little option but rebellion or just hoping that the Chantry would take them back.

Naturally, that basically splintered apart since there was little binding them together beyond magic. Some tried going back, some fled, some tried to stick together under the only major leaders left (like Fiona's group), and the assholes decided to play evil sorcerer because they could. Just like the rabid Templars went out terrorizing the countryside under the pretense of hunting for apostates.

After the Divine was killed, the people already sick of the mage/templar fighting, would naturally blame those magic freaks for the blast. Fionna had little options for protecting her mostly noncombatant force (including many scholars and children) until this one Tevinter magister showed up at just the right time and offered her a lopsided deal that would at least offer protection for those who can't fight. Fiona herself was forced to play servant to the magister to keep the deal. I see that as desperate and stupid, but far from evil.

Said magister had access to time travel spells, which were supposed to be impossible, meaning that he had all the time in the world to practice his sales pitch until he found the one that the mages would accept. He would then, presumably, get started on his blood magic to brainwash any unwilling mages into his Venatori force to hand to his master, just like how the Templars would be corrupted by their higher ups.

I have no idea where you're getting your views, but you had to ignore a lot to miss this. Just like your extremely inaccurate tranquility write up.

Plus their own leader willingly sold them out the Corypheus because he saw how bad his organization got and decided the only way to make it right was to remake the entire world. He didn't have the excuse of possession or red lyrium, it was all their own doing for joining a crazy cult.
An even simpler way to put it, the mages signing up as Tevinter slaves is very clearly prescribed as the end result of time magic fuckery. The mages were ready to sit down with the Inquisition following the explosion. The Venatori time mage used time manipulation to implant Venatori agents in the Redcliffe mages' ranks in the chaos following the explosion, who spread rumors about Templars power either in regards to causing the explosion, or getting support for accusing the mages of the explosion.

Between party members and the world in general, DAI finally presents mages as sane instead of the previous basket cases with personal artillery and a direct line to insanity demons.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Did a lot of Questing in Crestwood last night and slayed a Blue Dragon. This game is reminding me an awful lot of Dragon's Dogma in its structure and even combat if you don't go into tactical view. Solas Dispelling Static Cages is loving key.

I really wish party members would go around and pick up herbs, metals, gold and materials like the pawns in Dragon's Dogma. That would eliminate a lot of tedium and make the party members seem much less like automatons when they aren't talking to each other.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Blue Raider posted:

welp, I did the templar quest so I had to murder her. Sorry Alistair.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah the Keepers have never done anything to cause chaos,they certainly never brought lycanthropy into this world for centuries all out of stubborn rage at events long since past and to appear to have reclaimed the old arts.

Or Merril, who demonstrably would have become an Abomination guaranteed if Hawke wasn't around.

Even the Dalish admit that from time to time Keepers go abom and the Clan is forced to hunt them down and it's a total shitshow.
To be fair, if you find the statue in the Fade it explains why they turned to lycanthropy and it's also my favourite bit of text in a whole level full of great fluff.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

AngryBooch posted:

Did a lot of Questing in Crestwood last night and slayed a Blue Dragon. This game is reminding me an awful lot of Dragon's Dogma in its structure and even combat if you don't go into tactical view.

I really wish party members would go around and pick up herbs, metals, gold and materials like the pawns in Dragon's Dogma. That would eliminate a lot of tedium and make the party members seem much less like automatons when they aren't talking to each other.

That's actually a fairly brilliant idea. Like if you identify it with the search sonar thing, a party member goes and picks it up. I don't mind picking stuff up as I go along, but I'm guessing on my inevitable 2nd or 3rd playthroughs it will start wearing thin.

Elektrostasia
Oct 3, 2013

Harrow posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought it was pretty clear the murder-Mages you meet in the Hinterlands were just as much of a fringe faction as the murder-Templars you meet there who are equally aggressive towards you. Are you extrapolating from those that the freed Mages are indiscriminately murdering, or was there some dialogue I misheard/didn't encounter?

Just chiming in that this is indeed the case, as outlined in Asunder. There are 3 major mage fraternities which are the Loyalists, Aequatarians, and Libertarians. The first is pro-chantry, the second is "we should be ethical because we are good people and have power that requires responsibility", and the third is "we cannot trust the Chantry to rule over us" and want separation of Circle from Chantry (and then, post Kirkwall, the abolition of Circles as a whole). The "good mages" listed above are Aequatarians, and hold the majority opinion of mages. They are led by Wynne.

The only reason the vote to break off from the Chantry passed was because the first time the vote was held the Lord Seeker at the time busted in and killed a bunch of people and then Wynne died and her son stepped in her place as representative. He was not really in favor of seperation, but after being hunted down by the Lord Seeker and his general craziness, it made the most sense for him at the time . So basically, the people running around in the Hinterlands are Libertarians, and even then they're likely part of the even smaller subfaction of Resolutionists who are 100% ok with violence as a means to freedom.

Those under Fiona in Inquisition are Aequatarians by and large and maybe some Loyalists, though they likely fled to the Chantry. A few of the people you speak to seem to also be Libertarians, but they are nonviolent in nature. This actually accounts for most of the mages opinion-wise, it just seems like those in the field are more abundant because they have respawn points.

Elektrostasia fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 25, 2014

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Is crestwood longbow requsition glitched? I've crafted them twice but I keep getting the quest again?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Tokubetsu posted:

Is crestwood longbow requsition glitched? I've crafted them twice but I keep getting the quest again?

Requisition Quests are infintite ways to turn materials into Power. They never end.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Will my Companions ever get along?

I'm travelling with Blackwall + Dorian + Vivienne and all the banter between them is just non-stop passive aggressive snarky insults, in all three directions at that.

Why can't we just get along, you guys? :ohdear:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Winter Palace question. I'm not there yet, but should be soon. How do I get the elves to win the war and Briala to come out on top?"

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

exquisite tea posted:

It's weird in the sense of video game titling that what is essentially an extended entr'acte between the gigantic setpieces of Origins and Inquisition is the only entry that gets a numbered title.

Evidence of executive meddling in my opinion.

It's more of a gaiden game than anything else. I like it because it's a character driven piece now placed between two gigantic plots but no one liked it. And its a shame, Bioware won't try that kind of thing again.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
They really need to allow fast travel to Landmarks. I mean, isn't that the entire purpose of landmarks, to navigate with? You claim them and everything.

There's a lot of tedious running around and backtracking in the outdoor zones

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

zedprime posted:

An even simpler way to put it, the mages signing up as Tevinter slaves is very clearly prescribed as the end result of time magic fuckery. The mages were ready to sit down with the Inquisition following the explosion. The Venatori time mage used time manipulation to implant Venatori agents in the Redcliffe mages' ranks in the chaos following the explosion, who spread rumors about Templars power either in regards to causing the explosion, or getting support for accusing the mages of the explosion.

Between party members and the world in general, DAI finally presents mages as sane instead of the previous basket cases with personal artillery and a direct line to insanity demons.

This was definitely my interpretation.

From what it seems, both the Mages and Templars in their quest lines were compromised in similar ways. The Templars were infiltrated by a demon possessing their commander; some foolish Templars continued to follow orders while others bravely refused. The Mages were in a vulnerable position and manipulated via time magic into taking what seemed like the best of an array of terrible options; some foolish Mages thought it was a good idea, like one of the assholes you can talk to in the tavern, while others recognized how deep in the poo poo they were.

Basically: people were stupid and the Inquisitor has to fix it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So does the Warrior Schematics perk give everyone a shield, axe and armor schematic? I was unimpressed and reloaded.

Elektrostasia
Oct 3, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

In theory it's actually sort of cool, taking it from the epic scale and then zeroing in on stuff, but it's just handled poorly. Really the only important things that happen are Anders being Anders and the DLC with Corypheus. The Arishok business is also sort of important but it really doesn't seem like it's come up a lot past the comic books. I've been talking with Bull a lot and he hasn't mentioned the new Arishok once nor has anyone else, which you think would be mentioned eventually.

In Origins you are The Warden, chosen to help slay the Archdemon and end the Blight. In Inquisition you are The Inquisitor, chosen to help close breaches and fight a massively powerful Old One. In DA2 you are... Hawke. A very unlucky refugee.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Cythereal posted:

Winter Palace question. I'm not there yet, but should be soon. How do I get the elves to win the war and Briala to come out on top?"

Trying to be as nonspecific as possible, but this is hard to say without spoiling anything:
Find the various evidence against Gaspard (you probably don't even need all of it, since he just gave up after I confronted him with like two things), let the attack against Celene proceed when you've given the choice about what to do there, and then afterwards blackmail Gaspard and favor Briala.

Then, enjoy the dramatic irony when all of those Gaspard loyalists squatting in the wreckage of the Dales toast their new true emperor. You'll get yours, shemlen.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I caught my elf picking her nose while some mages were talking. I don't blame her. Dude's never shut up about Abominations this and Circle that. Perfect time to go digging for gold.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Also, how valuable are you guys finding Stagger as a weapon property?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - It's probably good for low level things, but for enemies you'd really want something like that to work on, I don't think it does.

I created armor for my mage that give guard with each attack, so I'm getting half a bar full of guard in one go if I do AOE spells with a lot of enemies around. :aaa: Even staff attacks are fuckin' ace with this since you can do five hits per second, or twelve to fifteen with your machine gun staff spell.

Also, it's kinda sad that you can see your characters in armor they can't normally wear while you're doing crafting or upgrading. Dorian's got a little Assassin's Creed thing going on here. And normally Iron Bull has full bodied armor on with me, but I think these tattoos look pretty boss on him.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Will my Companions ever get along?

I'm travelling with Blackwall + Dorian + Vivienne and all the banter between them is just non-stop passive aggressive snarky insults, in all three directions at that.

Why can't we just get along, you guys? :ohdear:

Be happy they speak to each other at all, thanks to the banter bug mine apparently hate each other so much they all give each other the silent treatment. By some unholy confluence of chance and computer magic, the only one to ever initiate any conversations is Sera :suicide:

And I don't even hate Sera, but having ambient dialogue be The Sera Show is just awful. I'm holding off until the patch or a fix is found, I love everything else about this game but missing all the best dialogue is just a lovely way to play it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Rincewind posted:

Trying to be as nonspecific as possible, but this is hard to say without spoiling anything:
Find the various evidence against Gaspard (you probably don't even need all of it, since he just gave up after I confronted him with like two things), let the attack against Celene proceed when you've given the choice about what to do there, and then afterwards blackmail Gaspard and favor Briala.

Then, enjoy the dramatic irony when all of those Gaspard loyalists squatting in the wreckage of the Dales toast their new true emperor. You'll get yours, shemlen.

I don't care about spoilers. :v: If there's a way for elves to conquer Orlais, my elf Inquisitor is going to take it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Drifter posted:

I created armor for my mage that give guard with each attack, so I'm getting half a bar full of guard in one go if I do AOE spells with a lot of enemies around. :aaa: Even staff attacks are fuckin' ace with this since you can do five hits per second, or twelve to fifteen with your machine gun staff spell.

Also, it's kinda sad that you can see your characters in armor they can't normally wear while you're doing crafting or upgrading. Dorian's got a little Assassin's Creed thing going on here. And normally Iron Bull has full bodied armor on with me, but I think these tattoos look pretty boss on him.

What material did you use to do that Guard-generating thing? Might be fun to try out on a Knight Enchanter, as if I'm not immortal enough already.

Also, can't you use certain masterwork materials to make armor that can be used by other classes? Like that one leather in Emprise du Leon that lets you make medium armor that mages can wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lotish posted:

Also, how valuable are you guys finding Stagger as a weapon property?

I haven't noticed it triggering, but I haven't tried to really maximize it. It sounds like it should be useful if you get it reasonably high, but the way the various effects work is kind of opaque.

For example, I have absolutely no idea what bleed does. I know it's an effect, but how much damage does it do? How long does it last? What sort of enemies are immune to it?

• Locked thread