Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

Made some stuff. Some of it even didn't suck.
So Edmund mentioned one of my suggestions on the NorthernLion stream. (At about 21:20) :toot:

At least I think he was referring to that. Pretty hype regardless. I'm always ready for more Isaac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
After about an hour of restarts to try and A) not start in the Cellar and B) get a good starting item, I finally got another run with The Lost going. I found the Stopwatch for the first time in a shop and immediately bought it.

Then I entered a room with Pride, he spawned a troll bomb in the tiny gap behind me, between me and the door, and I couldn't see it because of the four followers I had. :bang:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ChibiSoma posted:

I've played Evil Within and Colonial Marines this year and both of those were more fun than trying to get anything done as The Lost. Something absolutely needs to be done with him. Props to everyone who's gotten his poo poo legit. Sat here resetting for an hour and the best I've gotten is Epic Fetus, which is actually super bad for The Lost if you don't have anything to eat a hit.

I wish I kept stats on the ones I did, but I know I did at least 4-5 Epic Fetus Lost runs and I think they all ended somewhere in The Depths. There's like a ticking time bomb for you to get a Holy Mantle or Dead Cat or I'd guess even a Unicorn's Horn or something before you run into a room with one of the 3-spread spiders on every wall or a huge room with a lot of the bouncing immortal heads and spider spawning sacs in the corner or something that you can't just blast down without having to dodge a shitload. If one of the little spiders spawns in that long room with the immortal heads, you're straight hosed.

As someone who did way more Lost runs than should have been necessary (ending at Satan on normal, Lamb + Boss rush on Normal, ??? on Hard, Lamb on Hard missing the Boss Rush by 14 seconds, and finally the Boss Rush on Hard) the ugly truth to my experience is that if you don't have either Brimstone or Mom's Knife by Depths 2 you're not doing anything that run. A starting Epic Fetus/Polyphemus/???'s Only Friend buys you a few floors for a drop, but those are all going to plateau out before you can do too much.

I had Dead Cat on three of those runs, Holy Mantle on one, Gnawed Leaf on two (both Lamb kills), and the only time I didn't have some kind of way to eat a hit was that last Hard boss rush where I had a starting item triple shot and got a Mom's Knife in like Caves 2 plus a Magician Card for the boss rush room so I could immediately oneshot any problem bosses like Bloat and Death as they spawned by making them spawn on three homing knives. I ended up dying that run in Womb 1 to a dropping Mom Hand.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

So long, Lost. Never again. :byewhore:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I just unlocked The Lost this afternoon, and my first run must have been glitched because I couldn't die, leading to effortless Satan and Lamb kills. on my PS4.

After Basement 2, Satan sold me the Dead Cat for 3 souls, and I didn't get any more Devil Rooms after that. In Caves 1, I died and was resurrected by the Dead Cat. After that, I just kept taking hits and not dying. At first I thought that Dead Cat might work differently for The Lost and just act like hearts because I wasn't warping out of the rooms when I got hit. Also I took way more than 9 hits. By the time I killed Satan I realized the game was completely screwed because I was immortal and The Body was unlocked. In the Dark Room I didn't even bother dodging. The Lamb's head cornered me in his chamber and pummeled on me but it didn't matter, I slowly killed him and unlocked The Soul.

I don't know if I'm the luckiest Goon on the forums today or if there's something else going on, but I'm going to go try another round and see if my game's still glitched, and if it is I'll abuse the gently caress out of it.

edit: second round I ran into a fire and died, looks like the party's over for me

Filthy Hans fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 28, 2014

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Ummm.. I dont know what happened here, but I dont like it. No d6 or d4 was involved. Caves 1 and 2 too.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

FrickenMoron posted:

Ummm.. I dont know what happened here, but I dont like it. No d6 or d4 was involved. Caves 1 and 2 too.

Had you been saving and reloading a lot in that particular session? That might also reroll devil rooms.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Filthy Hans posted:

I just unlocked The Lost this afternoon, and my first run must have been glitched because I couldn't die, leading to effortless Satan and Lamb kills. on my PS4.

After Basement 2, Satan sold me the Dead Cat for 3 souls, and I didn't get any more Devil Rooms after that. In Caves 1, I died and was resurrected by the Dead Cat. After that, I just kept taking hits and not dying. At first I thought that Dead Cat might work differently for The Lost and just act like hearts because I wasn't warping out of the rooms when I got hit. Also I took way more than 9 hits. By the time I killed Satan I realized the game was completely screwed because I was immortal and The Body was unlocked. In the Dark Room I didn't even bother dodging. The Lamb's head cornered me in his chamber and pummeled on me but it didn't matter, I slowly killed him and unlocked The Soul.

I don't know if I'm the luckiest Goon on the forums today or if there's something else going on, but I'm going to go try another round and see if my game's still glitched, and if it is I'll abuse the gently caress out of it.

This is a glitch that hasn't gotten fixed yet on PS4 I guess. It's where if you get Dead Cat, Lost basically becomes invincible.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Kawalimus posted:

This is a glitch that hasn't gotten fixed yet on PS4 I guess. It's where if you get Dead Cat, Lost basically becomes invincible.

Oh well, guess I'll keep looking for him then, thanks for the info.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

So, basically, if you've been Continuing as the Lost, while the Floor resets every time you continue, the Devil room doesn't for some reason, so anything you took previously is gone for good if you die. Eventually if you keep doing this, the item pool will run out. The only exception I've seen to this is if Krampus shows up, then he'll show up any time you continue on that particular floor.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Filthy Hans posted:

Oh well, guess I'll keep looking for him then, thanks for the info.

note that we also can't unlock godhead yet and a lot of other unlocks are randomly bugged

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Soy Milk + Doubleshot + Cricket Body = Holy poo poo

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Note to self: don't pick up Guppy's Collar when unlocking The Lost with Azazel. It'll proc and gently caress you over.

Obvious in hindsight.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I wasted my day today trying to get through Cat Got Your Tongue. At one point I found Missing No. in a secret room, and Guppy's Hairball changed into Little Chubby. I'm like, okay, this is better than the hairball, I can work with this. The next level it changes into Sister Maggie. Not a whole lot I can do with that.

Of course when I finally finished the trophy, it was Lil' Brimstone and Bob's Brain that did all the work. I think I've finished more of these challenges by lucking into items that obliviated the challenge.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Sooo. Found the Blank Card a Sun Card and the Battery in one run. The former two are enough to be unkillable as long as I had at least five hearts. The Battery was just the cherry on top.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Sooo. Found the Blank Card a Sun Card and the Battery in one run. The former two are enough to be unkillable as long as I had at least five hearts. The Battery was just the cherry on top.

Did you have the Habit too? Otherwise the invincible as long as you have X hearts doesn't make sense unless you're recharging on hits.

Still sounds like an awesome setup.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Alkydere posted:

Did you have the Habit too? Otherwise the invincible as long as you have X hearts doesn't make sense unless you're recharging on hits.

Still sounds like an awesome setup.

Oh yeah, right that was the most important part. I completely forgot that I had the habit.
That's what made me unkillable. Too bad it was Waka waka and only went till mom.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I just had one of those agonizing decisions of "do I keep Dad's Key to open the big gold door or take this nice Tammy's Head so I can waltz through the chest?" moments as Azazel. I had picked up full range Brimstone and a few damage power ups at that point. I needed all the Chest/Dark kills on him so I went with the sure fire easy mode, just wondering how long til I get another key.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Pez posted:

I just had one of those agonizing decisions of "do I keep Dad's Key to open the big gold door or take this nice Tammy's Head so I can waltz through the chest?" moments as Azazel. I had picked up full range Brimstone and a few damage power ups at that point. I needed all the Chest/Dark kills on him so I went with the sure fire easy mode, just wondering how long til I get another key.

You only have to beat the boss behind the big door once to unlock everything related to it, so no rush.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Finally decided to unlock the Lost. Got to Judas, killed the first boss (Monstro) and was instantly killed by one of his bullets as he died. Didn't realize it would do a full heart of damage. Whoops.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'm pretty sure there is a 99% chance that any item you get in a red chest with Curse of the Blind is going to be the dead cat.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Lately I've been playing "pick up everything even if it's bad" runs instead of passing by items that'd hurt my build.

My reflection + tiny planet + eve's mascara is a loving painful combo.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Welp, I finally crashed Rebirth for the first time. :v:

Had an Eden run that started with cheesing bloody penny + the arcade with the help of the Lucky Foot to get lots of coin drops that also gave lots of health drops. At which point I found a D20 when I had 99 coins, 7 red hearts for health machines and 48 Hour Energy in the pill pool, Humbling Bundle in an early shop then started to cheese every single arcade (with help of the pill bottle cap trinket to get more 48 HEs until I got Left Hand to start working towards Guppy). Somewhere around the 15th or 20 reroll Rebirth just CTDed...right when I'd gotten 2/3 Guppy parts with the previous roll.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BoI has the worst spergs.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Alkydere posted:

Welp, I finally crashed Rebirth for the first time. :v:

Had an Eden run that started with cheesing bloody penny + the arcade with the help of the Lucky Foot to get lots of coin drops that also gave lots of health drops. At which point I found a D20 when I had 99 coins, 7 red hearts for health machines and 48 Hour Energy in the pill pool, Humbling Bundle in an early shop then started to cheese every single arcade (with help of the pill bottle cap trinket to get more 48 HEs until I got Left Hand to start working towards Guppy). Somewhere around the 15th or 20 reroll Rebirth just CTDed...right when I'd gotten 2/3 Guppy parts with the previous roll.

I'm betting you emptied the trinket pool. They don't have a failsafe for that so if you see all the trinkets in the game the next trinket it generates will crash the game.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

:darksouls:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Turtlicious posted:

You may want to try out a MOBA, MMO, Bethesda RPG, or fighting game then. You're really missing out.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
I just made it to Mom with a Chocolate Milk + Ipecac + a few HP up items as Maggy. No devil rooms, and if I hadn't accidentally gotten Rubber Cement I think I could have beaten her no problem. That is the weirdest synergy.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Awesome room if you have Ipecac:

Each shot blows the door open and knocks you out of the room. Somehow I managed to get through but needed to eat the Sun card. Still, became Guppy later and everything my flies touched just exploded :getin:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

omeg posted:

Each shot blows the door open and knocks you out of the room. Somehow I managed to get through but needed to eat the Sun card. Still, became Guppy later and everything my flies touched just exploded :getin:

Why do these rooms exist in the first place?

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

omeg posted:

You've got a full Bible charge. Just use it and fly around the poop.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Ilyich posted:

I am the horror. :doh:

omeg fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 29, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

omeg posted:

Shoot the door, it'll destroy the poop and blow you backwards into the room.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Just got Missingno and my list is down to 3 items. Just Steven, Transcendence, and Godhead. But I'm posting this to say that Missingno run was a blast. You never knew what you were gonna end up with on a floor. I somehow managed to win the game with these crazy tear bombs that took out Blue Baby. On the previous floor I wound up with Pyro so had 99 bombs. I hope what that item comes up with is truly randomized cause I'd like to just play runs with that item sometimes so I can just track down a seed with it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ilyich posted:

But then you can't one-shot It Lives!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Just got Missingno and my list is down to 3 items. Just Steven, Transcendence, and Godhead. But I'm posting this to say that Missingno run was a blast. You never knew what you were gonna end up with on a floor. I somehow managed to win the game with these crazy tear bombs that took out Blue Baby. On the previous floor I wound up with Pyro so had 99 bombs. I hope what that item comes up with is truly randomized cause I'd like to just play runs with that item sometimes so I can just track down a seed with it.

Man you know you're in for a headache when Godhead is the easiest one to get out of those.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You can get that room except with three poops, one on each side so you can't fly around.

It took me three tries on Judas (I have no idea how but I managed to die to Monstro and Pin, both as the first boss. I am ashamed) but I've got the Lost. I've heard about a glitch on the Vita version where you can't unlock Godhead though, is this true?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Got my fastest Hard clear including Boss Rush and The Lamb at just over 18 minutes.

7GHZ
S4HZ

Put that seed in on Hard (maybe it doesn't need to be Hard, I don't know) as Eden and you will start with Godhead, Tammy's Head and a Health Up pill. Cellar 2 Devil Room has Brimstone, just watch for the spiders on the way there.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Jibo posted:

Got my fastest Hard clear including Boss Rush and The Lamb at just over 18 minutes.

7GHZ
S4HZ

Put that seed in on Hard (maybe it doesn't need to be Hard, I don't know) as Eden and you will start with Godhead, Tammy's Head and a Health Up pill. Cellar 2 Devil Room has Brimstone, just watch for the spiders on the way there.

It doesn't need to be hard, just gave it a try.

Dis gon be gud. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGame
Jul 4, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Ok enough grinding on The Lost, let's try an Eden run.

That's the D100 (Rerolls everything you have, every consumable in the room, and every item pedestal... so it's the D6, D4 and D20 put together)and Missing No (rerolls everything you have at the beginning of every new floor).

<20 minutes later>

:sigh: I suppose it was doomed from the start.

On a side note, does anyone know which items won't be rerolled by the D4/D100/MissingNo? 9 Lives is definitely not rerolled. The D100 didn't replace MissingNo, so that seems to be immune. Health upgrades never decrease as a result of rerolling, but I'm not sure if that's because the health upgrades don't reroll or if it's because the health stays despite Liver, Breakfast, etc. going away.

TheGame fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 29, 2014