Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hoooooooooooly crap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBaht5rUIb0&t=1522s

If this thing sounds ANYTHING like it sounds over this video? I...I don't know what I'm going to do. Incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Tide posted:

If this thing sounds ANYTHING like it sounds over this video? I...I don't know what I'm going to do. Incredible.

Check it: http://youtu.be/l-UmFO_RpYs

:shepspends:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Ohmygod ohmygod I want it.

Better start working more hours here...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PT6A posted:

If these had any possibility of being the prices in Canada, I'd be on this car like stink on an ape's rear end.

$15,000 "if an American dealer sells you one they get blacklisted by svt" fee and a $10,000 all Alberta dealers agreed to mark these up by $10,000 fee.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

dat engine

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I want that engine in my 01! and while I am dreaming, I would like twin turbos on it.

In either case 30 years from now, who is going to want a GT350, instead of a GT500? If I could have a Shelby of yesteryear, I would hands down pick the 500.
is that the case now? if people picked a 2015 GT350 or a 2015 GT500, price being no issue for a future generation would they actually pick the "less" powerful sounding name?

also, if the GT350 is a track day car, and the GT500 is a drag car, then what the hell is the Cobra jet for?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

kalvick posted:

also, if the GT350 is a track day car, and the GT500 is a drag car, then what the hell is the Cobra jet for?

Bending space and time.

That is the best sounding engine I've ever heard.

Tide fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 18, 2014

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

This is the sound of freedom.

Do we know if this is going to be a one-two year model deal like the 302? Or is it going to be a standard trim/performance level in the mustang lineup (like the GT500)?

I could see myself getting one in 2015-16 and obnoxiously commuting with it...

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

shodanjr_gr posted:

This is the sound of freedom.

Do we know if this is going to be a one-two year model deal like the 302? Or is it going to be a standard trim/performance level in the mustang lineup (like the GT500)?

The latter, I think (and hope).

goodfuldead
Feb 14, 2009

what a long strange thread its been

kalvick posted:

I want that engine in my 01! and while I am dreaming, I would like twin turbos on it.

In either case 30 years from now, who is going to want a GT350, instead of a GT500? If I could have a Shelby of yesteryear, I would hands down pick the 500.
is that the case now? if people picked a 2015 GT350 or a 2015 GT500, price being no issue for a future generation would they actually pick the "less" powerful sounding name?

Most gt350s from the 1960's fetch higher prices than gt500's. This is the same concept. GT350 is the better car, gt500 is/was pure marketing to boulevard cruisers and drag racers. Just ask Leno which would be his pick form the 64-69(70's) mustangs. GT350 hands down. A GT350 with the optional super charger from shelby is one of the most sought after configurations that exist in early mustangs, barring the boss 429 and 302 cars. The boss 302 (original) was actually hailed as a better race car than the GT350s but one would figure so with it being in production much later and therefore received more engineering than the shelby's early iteration of a track oriented mustang.

goodfuldead
Feb 14, 2009

goodfuldead posted:

Most gt350s from the 1960's fetch higher prices than gt500's. This is the same concept. GT350 is the better car, gt500 is/was pure marketing to boulevard cruisers and drag racers. Just ask Leno which would be his pick form the 64-69(70's) mustangs. GT350 hands down. A GT350 with the optional super charger from shelby is one of the most sought after configurations that exist in early mustangs, barring the boss 429 and 302 cars. The boss 302 (original) was actually hailed as a better race car than the GT350s but one would figure so with it being in production much later and therefore received more engineering than the shelby's early iteration of a track oriented mustang.

Also, the last GT500 I doubt will ever be all that highly collectable with the shear amount produced and the likely hundreds of garage kept babied examples. There will just be too many of them in the future years to really drive up the price. With the last boss 302 (and LS) we will see some collect-ability, but nothing on the level of the 1960's cars. People just know to keep them put up now, where as in the 1960's people were just purely enjoying them until they were used up and what DID survive became highly sought after. The GT500 is common place now thanks to high production numbers (for a special edition car). I know of at least 3 people who own them and its just not that big of a deal.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

goodfuldead posted:

Also, the last GT500 I doubt will ever be all that highly collectable with the shear amount produced and the likely hundreds of garage kept babied examples. There will just be too many of them in the future years to really drive up the price. With the last boss 302 (and LS) we will see some collect-ability, but nothing on the level of the 1960's cars. People just know to keep them put up now, where as in the 1960's people were just purely enjoying them until they were used up and what DID survive became highly sought after. The GT500 is common place now thanks to high production numbers (for a special edition car). I know of at least 3 people who own them and its just not that big of a deal.

You also can't create rare options combos and 1 of 1 cars. Everything now is in a package and you don't get unpopular boxes to tick like radio delete or ac delete.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 233 days!)

Powershift posted:

you don't get unpopular boxes to tick like radio delete or ac delete.

So it is like the original 'stang, only in reverse?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
We're building so many 2015 Mustang front and rear end chassis parts so often it's insane. Pretty much mandatory overtime until further notice for everyone in, or associated with, the Ford production line.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So I take it is selling well, then? I've only seen a couple here.

Overtime is good. Overtime before Christmas is even better.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Tide posted:

So I take it is selling well, then? I've only seen a couple here.

Overtime is good. Overtime before Christmas is even better.

Well, Ford has spent a LOT of money in making this a global car. They've been storing up parts from us for the 2015 since April. And the demand keeps getting higher and higher.

goodfuldead
Feb 14, 2009

Powershift posted:

You also can't create rare options combos and 1 of 1 cars. Everything now is in a package and you don't get unpopular boxes to tick like radio delete or ac delete.

Exactly, you should buy these cars to enjoy the poo poo out of them, the keep it sealed and collect big $$$ days are over, if they ever existed. (all those old cars had to be restored, and the survivors don't bring what you would expect unless its one of a few very select rare models. I used to have a mercury comet cyclone with the 271hp 289 and a myriad of rare options and it did not bring what its 'projected value' was. I made money, but it was not the windfall some thought it would be. Cars are just simply not a good investment, some people just happen to get lucky sometimes. I'd hate to be an old man who bought a car i loved and kept it moth balled hoping to cash in. What would you do with that money in your old age if it did pay off? I'd rather be the young man in the car, windows down, enjoying the visceral growl of the gnarly v8 and rowing gears, tearing the fucker up. I drove my comet like i stole the mother fucker and enjoyed every second of it, no regrets. I remember the guy who had a turbo trans am that he had moth balled back in the 80's (87? 89?) which was some sort of special or anniversary edition and collected a paltry sum as apposed to what he had expected. As in his still had window stickers and the plastic on the carpet, etc. possibly no fluids had been put into it. Total wash when the car could have been enjoyed.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

A guy at my work just took delivery of his '15 GT. It is a manual with no options or packages. And it is amazing. :stare:

I was perfectly happy with my family sedan 2.0t Fusion with its tune and Steeda intake. Now I need a Mustang.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

goodfuldead posted:

Exactly, you should buy these cars to enjoy the poo poo out of them, the keep it sealed and collect big $$$ days are over, if they ever existed. (all those old cars had to be restored, and the survivors don't bring what you would expect unless its one of a few very select rare models. I used to have a mercury comet cyclone with the 271hp 289 and a myriad of rare options and it did not bring what its 'projected value' was. I made money, but it was not the windfall some thought it would be. Cars are just simply not a good investment, some people just happen to get lucky sometimes. I'd hate to be an old man who bought a car i loved and kept it moth balled hoping to cash in. What would you do with that money in your old age if it did pay off? I'd rather be the young man in the car, windows down, enjoying the visceral growl of the gnarly v8 and rowing gears, tearing the fucker up. I drove my comet like i stole the mother fucker and enjoyed every second of it, no regrets. I remember the guy who had a turbo trans am that he had moth balled back in the 80's (87? 89?) which was some sort of special or anniversary edition and collected a paltry sum as apposed to what he had expected. As in his still had window stickers and the plastic on the carpet, etc. possibly no fluids had been put into it. Total wash when the car could have been enjoyed.

This. I think about all the people who are going to buy up the 350's and only put a couple thousand miles on them at best. Makes me sad. I'd drive the poo poo out of that car.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

SouthLAnd posted:

A guy at my work just took delivery of his '15 GT. It is a manual with no options or packages. And it is amazing. :stare:

I was perfectly happy with my family sedan 2.0t Fusion with its tune and Steeda intake. Now I need a Mustang.

Go on... Did you drive it?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I'm looking for a new car, and a co-worker who is a Mustang fanatic is willing to sell me his 2003 v6 convertible for 8k so he can buy one of the new ecoboost models. Its in drat near perfect condition, and a fair amount of aftermarket stuff in it, and was a show car.

Its blue book value is 4.5k, edmunds gives it 6.7k in a private sale or 7.9k from a dealer, would it be worth the 8k?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
For a v6? ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Gwaihir posted:

For a v6? ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................

For a pre-2011 V6, definitely not. That engine is bad, and it should feel bad.

goodfuldead
Feb 14, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

I'm looking for a new car, and a co-worker who is a Mustang fanatic is willing to sell me his 2003 v6 convertible for 8k so he can buy one of the new ecoboost models. Its in drat near perfect condition, and a fair amount of aftermarket stuff in it, and was a show car.

Its blue book value is 4.5k, edmunds gives it 6.7k in a private sale or 7.9k from a dealer, would it be worth the 8k?

Pass, that car is a 4k beater at best, not due to condition just its age and what it inherently is.

I own a bodyshop and auto sales, just telling you how it is with mustangs. Mustangs were my specialty until the 2011 models when i switched primarily to fiesta's because of the ease of their reconstruction and the profit margin I was/am able to make on them.

goodfuldead fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 30, 2014

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

RFC2324 posted:

I drive an 01 V6.
No.
Hell No.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I paid 8k for a 2004 GT with 64k miles a year and a half ago. Nope nope nope.

goodfuldead
Feb 14, 2009

Cage posted:

I paid 8k for a 2004 GT with 64k miles a year and a half ago. Nope nope nope.

Wow, I could have gotten you into a pristine 05-08GT with less miles than that for the around the same price with super light front end damage professionally repaired, if you didn't mind driving to Kentucky for it. Before anyone chimes in with lol salvaged title, when your buying something that cheap with an unknown history you might as well find a highly skilled and highly reputable repair shop that rebuild mustangs, you get so much more car for your money and if repaired professionally its almost always in better shape structurally and cosmetically than its merely 'used' counter parts.

Example I sold a 05gt 5spd with 32k miles in 2010 for 9.5k and made good money. The car was in perfect shape requiring only a new fender, side skirt, front bumper, and 3 wheels (scratches). I'm not saying hit me up for business, but if you find the right shop, salvaged is where its at. you will benefit from saving money and usually come out ahead when you resale on the private market. Research it, mustangs are great vehicles to buy rebuilt.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Thats a rad offer but I prefer the body style of the new edges. You wanna find me a coyote engine Ill throw that in there though.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Feeling particularly chipper today? Here, have some bad opinions.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/12/01/gt350-shelby-throws-left-hook-m4/

quote:

Will it measure up to the lush ambience of a Porsche or Ferrari? No, most certainly not. Will it feel special and give the driver a proper cockpit? Yes – and it may have entered the same universe as BMW’s M4 interior – not likely as luxurious or premium, but at least competing on the same planet, maybe even the same continent.

quote:

I’m perplexed why Ford didn’t build an all-aluminum Ford Mustang, instead choosing to build an all-aluminium pickup truck (the new Ford F-150). Nobody cares about lightening up a pickup – in fact for towing and snow-plowing, most owners want a heavier truck.

quote:

The Ford badge doesn’t hail from Europe, but Ford’s global product line is now heavily influenced and developed by its European division. The GT350 has spent quality time lapping the Nurburgring with lofty European sports car targets in its cross hairs – and that should bode well for the final production car.

These are the people who drive BMWs.

Also when did Porsche ever make a flat plane V8?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now
Are these a good size/tire for my 11gt w/ brembo with a NH winter? Or is there a better size/brand/price?

http://www.townfairtire.com/tfttirespecials_2.aspx?size=255/40r19&perfgroup=winter

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

BJA posted:

Are these a good size/tire for my 11gt w/ brembo with a NH winter? Or is there a better size/brand/price?

http://www.townfairtire.com/tfttirespecials_2.aspx?size=255/40r19&perfgroup=winter
Im all broken record about this but look at general altimax artics, and look for some smaller wheels from a V6 model on craigslist. If you can go down to 17" you'll probably cut the price in half and not be any less safe.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Cage posted:

Im all broken record about this but look at general altimax artics, and look for some smaller wheels from a V6 model on craigslist. If you can go down to 17" you'll probably cut the price in half and not be any less safe.

19" is as small as they can go (there is also one set of 18" wheels I know to fit, but most don't) with the Brembo package. They are some unwieldy large calipers.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I figured there must be a reason he mentioned his brakes, sorry. :derp:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Anyone ever use a "SR Performance" short throw shifter? I wanted to save up $190 for the MGW as I havent heard one bad thing about it, but $75 on american muscle is a hell of a deal for a short throw. It'll be even better if I can find one of those dumb 5% off coupons that they only give out to a select few mustang forums.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/stack-racing-short-shifter.html

edit: Found one for 6% off, making it $70. :argh:

Cage fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 1, 2014

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

El Scotch posted:

Go on... Did you drive it?

Only for about 10 minutes through some terrible Detroit roads, but compared to my dads 2011 GT, the IRS is probably the most noticeable enhancement. It just feels way more planted. The rear end doesn't jiggle over bumps like my fathers car, and the interior is awesome. I actually think the 10-14 interior is really nice too, more than I've ever wanted in a car interior, but the 15 car is a cut above. I really like the base seats, and if I had not just got a new car and was looking for a toy, I'd be at the dealer ordering a base GT.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Dec 2, 2014

bowling 4 buttcoins
Mar 13, 2011

Cage posted:

Anyone ever use a "SR Performance" short throw shifter? I wanted to save up $190 for the MGW as I havent heard one bad thing about it, but $75 on american muscle is a hell of a deal for a short throw. It'll be even better if I can find one of those dumb 5% off coupons that they only give out to a select few mustang forums.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/stack-racing-short-shifter.html

edit: Found one for 6% off, making it $70. :argh:

Please don't! MGW just came out with their 3rd generation shifter and it's probably the nicest bit of mustang machinery you can buy today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdlpP0LDpkk

I'm tempted to send the core of my 1st Gen and get the newest revision they're that good.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Sounds good enough to me. I have the whole winter to save up for the MGW. Thanks.

Habibus
Jan 9, 2005

But I poop from there!
I haven't posted in forever. I used to be a GM guy. Had a cammed 2000 Bonneville SSEi, 04 GTO A4 with only a handheld tune, and a 2009 G8 GT cammed/stalled.

I turned to the darkside today and picked up a 2013 GT Premium automatic with 16k. I like to drag race, and the auto seems to be able to handle more power than the manual. Loving the car so far. Bench racing it should be almost as fast as my cammed G8 was, and it certainly feels like it.

The only issue I have being a Mustang owner so far is trying to find a good forum. For the GTO and G8 they basically had 1 or 2 forums where all the information was. Mustang forums seem to be kinda scarce on some information. Mostly what mods are worthwhile. From what I can gather so far though, x-pipe and tune will be the biggest gains. Looking forward to learning more about this new-fangled DOHC technology!

Weather was crappy today so this is the best picture I got as I was leaving the dealership.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Corral.net used to be a decent source of info, just avoid any section other than the tech forums. But that advice probably applies to all of them. S197.com used to be okay as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Despite the name I like mustang6g, but they are specific for 2015+.
I've never found a good high quality Mustang forum. :(

edit: Mustang6G just did a meet in Florida. Its interesting how you can pretty much tell which engine each one is from the grill/wheels.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 8, 2014