Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Who orders pizza for single meals? Pizza is perfectly good reheated and can be really economical if you eat it for dinner a couple nights a week, or even take it to work and nuke it. Oven to 375, put it on a baking sheet without letting it preheat, take out in 8-10 minutes. It's like it was just delivered, probably even better. Lasts about 5 days in the fridge. Goons find the weirdest poo poo to freak out about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Pizza is an exercise in how to preserve food. It's salty, greasy, low moisture food, cooked to a very high temperature and put into a container that absorbs moisture. If you were so inclined, you could just leave it in the box for a few days, unrefrigerated. I wouldn't advise it, but in theory it would be perfectly safe to eat

Unless you get real pizza with vegetables and fresh mozzarella, that is

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

If you reheat leftover pizza the pineapples get all soggy

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Super Waffle posted:

Also the price per unit area of pizza gets cheaper as the diameter increases. You get more value from an 18" pizza than you would a 12":

I always consider this when ordering pizza. I weigh 824 pounds. I don't think those two things are related.

The Door Frame posted:

Pizza is an exercise in how to preserve food. It's salty, greasy, low moisture food, cooked to a very high temperature and put into a container that absorbs moisture. If you were so inclined, you could just leave it in the box for a few days, unrefrigerated. I wouldn't advise it, but in theory it would be perfectly safe to eat

I do this all the time. Due to the pi*r^2 calculation, above, it generally takes me several days to eat all the pizza. It sits in the box on the counter until gone. It has not killed me, so far.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

This is a dumb as gently caress derail, but I like that knife.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

Super Waffle posted:

Also the price per unit area of pizza gets cheaper as the diameter increases. You get more value from an 18" pizza than you would a 12":

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2014/02/26/282132576/74-476-reasons-you-should-always-get-the-bigger-pizza

This article makes me irrationally angry.

quote:

One day last year, an engineer and I went to a pizza place for lunch. The engineer told me he wasn't very hungry, but he said he was going to get the 12-inch medium instead of the 8-inch small — because the medium was more than twice as big as the small, and it cost only a little bit more. This sort of blew my mind.
Wow! Mind blowing! Fuuuucckckc ck nsjd :suicide:

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Straight from reddit/r/lifeprotips:

"If you have pets or something furry in your household, fold your clothes inside out to prevent the hairs clinging to the visible side."

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

homewrecker posted:

"If you have pets or something furry in your household, fold your clothes inside out to prevent the hairs clinging to the visible side."

Huh I just put my clothes away after I fold them.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
Don't piss in your pantry lest your pasta be pissy. LIFE HACKED!!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

homewrecker posted:

Grea, now I have pet hair all over the inside of my clothes.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Lifehack: don't pile your clothes on the floor like a animal and make use of a closet, dresser, or armoir!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

karl fungus posted:

There is no possible way to reheat pizza without making it extremely gross.
There's pretty much no wrong way to reheat pizza. You can be all fancy and try to restore it to its original condition or you can just microwave it and it will be great anyway because it's still pizza.

New Leaf posted:

Who orders pizza for single meals?
Pretty much everyone, I think?

Magic Hate Ball posted:

If you have indoor pets, everything in your house is inevitably going to get covered in their shed hair anyway. You'll get used to it and stop noticing, and you'll think that vacuuming once a week (or however often) is solving the problem, but any time non-pet-owners visit your house they're just seeing all the pet hair everywhere.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Yeah, but think of all the time and money you would save by not having to buy and use a lint roller! Definitely worth the sanity you're going to lose from being unbearably itchy every day.

Life status: hacked

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

cobalt impurity posted:

Lifehack: don't pile your clothes on the floor like a animal and make use of a closet, dresser, or armoir!

Wake up put ur clothes on the bed. Time for bed, put ur clothes on the chair. #lifehacked

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Totally normal scenarios that result in leftover pizza, much to the shock and distaste of foreign goons:

- Order pizza for yourself, eat part of it, save the rest for later
- Order large pizza for your family because it's $1 more expensive and twice the size of a medium
- Order several pizzas for a group of friends, estimate high
- Attend a work meeting that orders pizza for lunch and estimates way too high, take some home for dinner

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp
Life Hacker Finds One Weird Tip For Pizza Opinions! Goons Hate Him!

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Antifreeze Head posted:

Shouldn't you just keep the pizza for the four days it takes you to eat it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPRheymdlXo

This video is full of pizza hacks... optimal time to order a pizza, getting the grease off your pizza, storage tips and tricks. So much information.

Ulillillia is too beautiful for this world.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Tiggum posted:

Pretty much everyone, I think?

I don't think i've ever in my life ordered pizza and not had any left over for the next day.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wandle Cax posted:

I don't think i've ever in my life ordered pizza and not had any left over for the next day.

There's a difference between ordering pizza for dinner and having some left over for breakfast, and deliberately ordering more pizzas than you need so you can eat it for dinner another day as well though.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Not that I don't use pillows, because I do, but... Pillows are loving gross.

Try not to think too much about pillows.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"the sun will absorb moisture" :wtc:

Pretty sure all it's gonna do is make your pillow warm. The sun ain't absorbing poo poo.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

They got that backwards, it's not going to plump the pillow up.

Instead you'll end up coming back to a plump cat on the pillow

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

karl fungus posted:

There is no possible way to reheat pizza without making it extremely gross.

This statement is so, so wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWIJNaA-JNA

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Who the hell reheats pizza? Cold left over pizza is on the same level as cold leftover fried chicken. Which is awesome. Refrigerator pizza and chicken always

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

SaltLick posted:

Who the hell reheats pizza?

People who haven't managed to stockholm syndrome their own tastebuds out of pure laziness, I guess

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

RandomFerret posted:

People who haven't managed to stockholm syndrome their own tastebuds out of pure laziness, I guess

Don't taste shame my buds. They're sensitive.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Yes let's have another pointless argument about which foods to like.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
PYF Life Hack: Divert any conversation by talking about food pet peeves, good for distracting jail guards, hostage-takers, and comedy-film policemen.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Cold fried chicken is superior to cold pizza

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

I like to half nuke leftover pizza. Some parts lava hot while the rest is ice cold. Its yumtastic.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I've found Chinese Takeout to also work well as cold leftovers in the morning.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Nice derail, but let's talk lifehacks.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
But does it work with mints you made yourself out of toothpaste?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

If you put lacquer on it, that could work. But that is more of an art project than a lifehack. Course the lifehack doesn't say that, so enjoy the world's stickiest plate.

And pox on people that fill their candy jar with lovely mints.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Shwqa posted:

If you put lacquer on it, that could work. But that is more of an art project than a lifehack. Course the lifehack doesn't say that, so enjoy the world's stickiest plate.

And pox on people that fill their candy jar with lovely mints.

The hack actually tells you to break up the plate and use it as mints again after, so lacquer would be a bad idea. Either way those are going to be the shittiest mints imaginable, what with the fingerprints, smears and crumbs from whatever was on the "plate".

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Don't do this. In general you should never put feather/down pillows, duvets or comforters out in the sun. It'll dry out the down and make the pillow even shittier, flatter and generally void your warrenty if you have expensive beddings.

True lifehack: If you must dry it outside, do it in the shade (but not while it's raining !). And if you use a dryer, throw a few clean tennis balls or plastic balls in the dryer to shake the duvet or pillow properly. It'll be fluffy again. :kimchi:

Psychedelicatessen has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Nov 30, 2014

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bertrand Hustle posted:

"the sun will absorb moisture" :wtc:

Pretty sure all it's gonna do is make your pillow warm. The sun ain't absorbing poo poo.

Calor flows from the Sun into the pillow and displaces the moisture.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Serious life hack from my sister: food stuck in your teeth but no toothpick? Pull out a hair from the back of your head and use it as floss. #grosshack. When confronted about the gross factor she insisted that now I know about it I will use it some day. I pass this curse on to goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

HungryMedusa posted:

Serious life hack from my sister: food stuck in your teeth but no toothpick? Pull out a hair from the back of your head and use it as floss. #grosshack. When confronted about the gross factor she insisted that now I know about it I will use it some day. I pass this curse on to goons.

I use staples, but thanks for the idea