Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

i'm gonna shoot yer boat

bang

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
The boats don't exist anymore.

All those tears, like dust in the sea full of fish.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i shot all the boats and broke all the treaties and then i farted during the peace conference

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Do people still actually play this?

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

Well, currently no one can play this.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Finndo posted:

With the benefit of hindsight, it's pretty clear to me--

someone call the town of Delphi, i think they're missing a freakin ORACLE!!*

Third World Reggin posted:

Not all goon guilds collapse. Some times it really just is so simple as the people in charge.

with the standard disclaimer of not being up on goon politics or power structures (ugh), i can say that, at the beginning of the game, the in-game names of Lincoln, Balistafreak, Glug, Bukowski, and Kimsemus were all helpful and friendly and seemed to be having fun...

seemed to be focused on getting people together for events, however small, which i figured were getting new goons used to playing and cooperating with each other...laying the groundwork for future Big Things...and were also consistently there with information, advice, quest help, and even land (one 8x8 Farm, one Cottage, three Aquafarms, all received for free from Goonerosity)

i don't know which if any of the above are pedophiles or enablers, or stole crates from folks' guild-shared property, or literally torture animals in real life/masturbate into their female coworkers' morning coffee because they lack the mirror neurons for recognizing life, love, or social cues in others....

but if that isn't the case for any of them: that seems like a pretty good crop of folks who were ready to make things happen, who could at least fake being friendly and considerate and non-broken in-game for stretches at a time.

what i mean is, it seemed like we had a few decent dudes to lead...

* just givin ya lil bit of razzin, you know, like they do in this thread ;)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It seems that for the first time the servers, not the players, have realized that the only winning move is not to play.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

sword_man.xmas posted:

nah that's an image in the game files, pretty sure it has to be something that exists in the wow data

That's how it worked in Wushu. There were images that were just huge sentences, I think they were special move names. One was "I'm going to bite you!", that one got spammed a lot by people who knew how to use the injection bug.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

relax dummy, you of all people should know by now that aint how you respond

That's true man, I need to take the foot off the gas. Namaste.

In related news:

Server maintenance is going well!

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 2, 2014

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
An update:

quote:

7:55 PM PST: Ezi (NA) and Lucius (NA) are now available. We will be continuing with Aranzeb (NA) and Naima (NA) next.

7:40 PM PST: Ezi (NA) and Lucius (NA) are starting validation now.

7:00 PM PST: Enla (NA) is now available. We'll be continuing by bringing Ezi (NA) and Lucius (NA) online next.

5:50 PM PST: Our Operations Team is continuing to investigate the cause of the server instability through the night. We will be bringing up Enla (NA) as a server stability test within an hour.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've never played Archeage before and I wanted to check this game out and form my own opinion. It sounds like right now is a terrible time to do that though?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

I said come in! posted:

I've never played Archeage before and I wanted to check this game out and form my own opinion. It sounds like right now is a terrible time to do that though?

Run the other direction.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Do not pass go, do not collect $200

Do pass on Archeage though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Foehammer007 posted:

Run the other direction.

Besides crippling server issues, what else is bad about the game?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I said come in! posted:

sword_man.xmas posted:

the hack protection on archeage was truly atrocious, all i really need to say is that buffs and current player hp were handled client side

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I'd let you use my farm if I was sure it's still going to exist when the server comes back up.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

I said come in! posted:

So I got the pre-order game, the fun didn't last long. Minus the server issues, the pvp gets stale after two weeks (two weeks is being generous, but I am basing it off of mine and the three Rl friends I played with), the PVE is a complete grind and cluster gently caress, people in this game are ridiculously dramatic.

You will grind for a year just to even get on the same level as people who pre-ordered and still play, and if you stay free to play and want to get ahead with labor and poo poo you will either need to do that, join biggest guild on the server and gargle cock, or hack (which is 95% of the pop).

If you have some urge to play the game just to say you did, then go for it (though you have to wait for servers to come up :suicide:) but if you are looking for something entertaining or fun, just be patient and wait for something else.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I like you since you said pretty much what people have felt.

I am going to bet even after reading that, there are a few people who think trolls are keeping people from posting in this thread, not that it is a bad game and they stopped playing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I like you since you said pretty much what people have felt.

I am going to bet even after reading that, there are a few people who think trolls are keeping people from posting in this thread, not that it is a bad game and they stopped playing.

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

to be fair tho, wicked goons not posting is a benefit so im glad about that

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Well yeah, whenever they try to complain about how their friends were banned from SA, the nasty old trolls show up and mock them about pedophilia because they're secretly working for a mysterious splinter guild that wants to destroy the main guild.

ArcheAge was the gift that kept on giving.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Please let the database be corrupt. Please.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

to be fair tho, wicked goons not posting is a benefit so im glad about that

Are these people completely incapable of dealing with opposing views, dissent or plain trolling? Block them and move on, ignore them and move on, or have fun with them and move on. No, instead they want and offsite for the offsite so they can echo chamber themselves.

What a bunch of silly billies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wicked goons! :witch:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Truly they are the oppressed. It's just that they are unfairly targeted for no reason, and not anything to do with how they have acted at any point. :tinfoil:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So I like a lot of the people I've played with in AA, I hope see some of you again with the next game we play. Grithok's people are pretty drat cool.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Charles Bukowski posted:

So I like a lot of the people I've played with in AA, I hope see some of you again with the next game we play. Grithok's people are pretty drat cool.

Yeah are any free to play MMOs coming out next month?

Can I foolishly spend hundreds of dollars on them right now?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Does it have to be a mmo? I don't want to spend another month(s) grinding to be able to have "fun." I've been playing Warframe since AA is offline, fun game.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Charles Bukowski posted:

Does it have to be a mmo? I don't want to spend another month(s) grinding to be able to have "fun." I've been playing Warframe since AA is offline, fun game.

AA's been back up for a couple hours now.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Warframe is good. The servers are always up, not spending money doesn't mean you're a second class citizen, and nobody can steal your space dog with hacks.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Charles Bukowski posted:

someone bought me The Secret World; from zero MMOs to TWO IN ONE MONTH!!

I dunno if it is any good, I haven't looked at it yet, but I heard:

1) the "lore"/"quests" are interesting(?)
2) you heal party members by shooting an assault rifle at them(?)
3) you can do content in small groups, 2 -4 people if you want(?)
4) no catpeople

I have learned from this thread that all MMOs are trash etc etc but is this better than archeage?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
You can do most things on your own if you want to and leech healing has some problematic spots throughout but overall it's perfectly viable. If you have the time and can get a few people together do the dungeons, especially the very first one is really great.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Any word yet on the "generous compensation"? LOL.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
There are people in tihs thread who paid 150$ for tihs garbage.

And then paid even more to get cash shop goods.

You are all sad losers and you deserve this terrible broken game.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Angela Christine posted:

Any word yet on the "generous compensation"? LOL.

The downtime has encouraged people to play other better games. Pretty generous if you ask me.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RottenK posted:

im not going to take that from a garbage dick

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

RottenK posted:

I've been playing this game for 7 months straight now. Still having fun and totally worth $150.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

atlas of bugs posted:

someone bought me The Secret World; from zero MMOs to TWO IN ONE MONTH!!

I dunno if it is any good, I haven't looked at it yet, but I heard:

1) the "lore"/"quests" are interesting(?)
2) you heal party members by shooting an assault rifle at them(?)
3) you can do content in small groups, 2 -4 people if you want(?)
4) no catpeople

I have learned from this thread that all MMOs are trash etc etc but is this better than archeage?

TSW is pretty fun until you run out of non-dungeon content, and then realize no one will help you through the dungeons because no one plays anymore. Still, I enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

atlas of bugs posted:

what i mean is, it seemed like we had a few decent dudes to lead...

<3

Truth is, I don't think any of us were officers at the time, and after Dodgy showed up, Kim and I were.. don't think the others were.. and then Dodgy left and so did the joy, which was only a lie anyway.

• Locked thread