Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dan Didio posted:

It was really good, but it was broken as gently caress at launch and their delays and broken promises really soured me on it after a while, because it felt really hollow as a result. I'd prefer a sequel than a rerelease.

The most annoying part of this is when they pretended they were planning on adding co-op for a couple of months after release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

On the other hand I got it around launch and wasn't aware of what they were promising (other than the way-future plans for developing the series into some kind of MMO) so I just felt good that they were doing meaningful updates to it. It was super janky though. I used to describe it as one of the best PS2 games I've ever played.

It needed more time and a more experienced group at the reins, but it was pretty impressive for what it was. They had a vision, that much can be said for them.

Spacebump posted:

The most annoying part of this is when they pretended they were planning on adding co-op for a couple of months after release.

Yeah, that was the major one.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

Looks cool, but I wouldn't call it a 'system seller' based on that.

Nor I, but the list I posted is the entirety of upcoming exclusive games we know about.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Steve2911 posted:

Hey remember last gen how every indie dev who worked with MS had nothing but bad things to say about them?

And remember how MS has spent the last year trying to trick indies into working with them again in response to Sony and Nintedo's recent push towards smaller games? Unconfirmed reports suggest that they're not being paid for their work lately.

what a surprise

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Spacebump posted:

Oh ok I do remember hearing about that, dumb of them to talk about it if it was really that far away but hey rookie studio

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

i was here first i had a reservation

Crafty posted:

Reasons to keep playing Destiny :

Reasons to buy an Xbox One:

-Every sale pushes MS that much closer to selling the division

-Sometimes you feel like 1 person can get lost in a large sea of users. You prefer a smaller, more intimate user base where everybody knows your name it's "human being"

-The xbox one will always have fewer games than the competition (First Class)

-You pine for the days when playing online wasn't even an option

-You are so God drat bad at math. Just loving awful. 60 dollars a year for 1 game a month

And the #1th reason to buy an Xbox One:

-You want to play Halo. But not online. Or offline. In the middle.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
- quick easy way to ID yourself as a rube when attempting to double bluff a con man

Got Haggis?
Jul 28, 2002
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!

univbee posted:

No exact sales figures, but by all accounts Titanfall sold really poorly for an EA title with the monstrous advertising campaign it had. It's kind of the same way the new Tomb Raider sold well, but still well below Square Enix's expectations (which weren't realistic).

Titanfall being a full exclusive was negotiated without Respawn's input or approval even, EA made the deal behind their back and they were quite annoyed with it because they knew what it would mean to their bottom line.

titanfall was by no means a failure and did quite well. not sure why people seem to think it failed.

also anyone that says "the bots don't do anything and are there as a crutch for bad players" doesn't understand titanfall at all. same thing those that say its shallow...i have to wonder if you've even played it (for the record, I play on PC, not the xbone)

CTF Titanfall is some of the best gaming i've had...since Tribes 2 probably.

Got Haggis? fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 3, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Got Haggis? posted:

titanfall was by no means a failure and did quite well. not sure why people seem to think it failed.

By EA's own (very high) standards.

To elaborate it currently has a lower playerbase than a game that was Halo MCC levels of broken for several months, and it remains this way even though they fire sale'd the game during Black Friday.

univbee fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 3, 2014

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Titanfall was incredibly successful. Tons of people bought it for 3 different systems, then everyone played it, found out the online was shallow as hell, so they abandoned it. Now EA doesn't have to pay for the server upkeep. If that isn't a financial success, I don't know what is.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

univbee posted:

By EA's own (very high) standards.

Sauce? I believe I saw a respawn dev on neogaf say it sold more than their targets :shrug:

Who cares anyway, Xbox one is the best.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Titanfall was incredibly successful. Tons of people bought it for 3 different systems, then everyone played it, found out the online was shallow as hell, so they abandoned it. Now EA doesn't have to pay for the server upkeep. If that isn't a financial success, I don't know what is.

EA's all about the long game. A game isn't successful until they can release several consecutive broken "Legacy Editions" of a game and still have it in the top 10 game sales of that year.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

univbee posted:

EA's all about the long game. A game isn't successful until they can release several consecutive broken "Legacy Editions" of a game and still have it in the top 10 game sales of that year.

Titanfall was never broken though and all the dlc has already released.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Is anyone able to stream their game on Twitch? I keep getting an error code, and it seems to be unresolved for most people.

Also, are there any useful apps that people snap, and use while gaming?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Steve2911 posted:

Hey remember last gen how every indie dev who worked with MS had nothing but bad things to say about them?

And remember how MS has spent the last year trying to trick indies into working with them again in response to Sony and Nintedo's recent push towards smaller games? Unconfirmed reports suggest that they're not being paid for their work lately.

I bet I know where the $70 Black Friday Xbox SKU discounts were coming from.

Crafty posted:

Who cares anyway, Xbox one is the best.
If only Cowcaster let Kewpuh muck with our thread titles like in the old days.

Got Haggis?
Jul 28, 2002
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!

seiferguy posted:

the server cost was never an issue really because it uses Microsoft Azure as the backend....virtual servers that they can spin up and down as demand increases / decreases....plus ms gave them a pretty sweet deal on top of that. Just because not many people are playing it now does not mean it failed.....it sold many copies....people at respawn are doing just fine.

there are many reasons for low player counts......no single player, dlc that sold maps, attrition being the main gametype was a horrible choice...i know people that tried it out in beta and still to this day only play attrition and hardpoint...the beta gametypes...they haven't even tried CTF. it's really too bad.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Steve2911 posted:

I miss that mod shilling the gently caress out of ID@XBOX when literally everything they said was better than Sony's offerings MS hadn't even put into motions or was months out at the time. It was a good time.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

Titanfall was never broken though and all the dlc has already released.

We know, that's why we were saying it's bland as hell and people won't buy the next one. :v:

Halo MCC didn't just have pre-release hype, but post-release pre-fixing patch hype. That's a lot of hype!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Titanfall was successful but probably not as successful as the COD guys and EA thought their reputation was going to buy. The sequel with a campaign and PS4 will probably do gangbusters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Got Haggis? posted:

the server cost was never an issue really because it uses Microsoft Azure as the backend....virtual servers that they can spin up and down as demand increases / decreases

That's not how anyone actually uses Azure.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Got Haggis? posted:

the server cost was never an issue really because it uses Microsoft Azure as the backend....virtual servers that they can spin up and down as demand increases / decreases....plus ms gave them a pretty sweet deal on top of that. Just because not many people are playing it now does not mean it failed.....it sold many copies....people at respawn are doing just fine.

there are many reasons for low player counts......no single player, dlc that sold maps, attrition being the main gametype was a horrible choice...i know people that tried it out in beta and still to this day only play attrition and hardpoint...the beta gametypes...they haven't even tried CTF. it's really too bad.

Source your quotes

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Phil "Games" Spencer. What a guy!

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

Haquer posted:

Source your quotes

Well he's not wrong about Azure being able to spin down...

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
By the time they put in game modes that weren't just TDM everyone had already left.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

univbee posted:

We know, that's why we were saying it's bland as hell and people won't buy the next one. :v:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Titanfall was successful but probably not as successful as the COD guys and EA thought their reputation was going to buy. The sequel with a campaign and PS4 will probably do gangbusters.

Can you guys get your story straight please because I'm getting really confused over here.

ChocNitty posted:

Is anyone able to stream their game on Twitch? I keep getting an error code, and it seems to be unresolved for most people.

Also, are there any useful apps that people snap, and use while gaming?
I've never done any streaming, (I don't want people copying my gaming tactics). I'd try a hard reset see if that works. Maybe have a look at your Nat see if it's open properly? Then i'd reinstall my twitch app I guess, if that didn't work.

I only really use snap for game dvr or achievements, the achievement apps good. Some people snap TV or Netflix while they are mining a craft.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

welp spent a shameful amount of time on that and didnt even get an eq

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

thank you

feel free to use it when xbox blows ps4 out of the water this ndp day

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Crafty posted:

Can you guys get your story straight please because I'm getting really confused over here.

What did I say that confused you?

If it was the word "game" that's the thing you used to put into an xbox 360 and have fun with. I think they're getting patched into the xbone next year.

Edit: Oh I see, he assumes we're all getting marching orders from a Reddit subgroup like they are.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

I see him everyday
He pass my way
What can I do?
Oh oh what a guy oh oh what a guy
What a guy he's sweet and gentle
What a guy he's sentimental
What a guy

Oh oh here he comes again
His smile is?
Should I smile too
Oh oh what a guy oh oh what a guy
What a guy his hair is wavy
What a guy he drives me crazy
What a guy
I want to tell him (that I love him)
Yeah that I really really I love him oh yeah
Tell him that I really care
Give him all my love to share
Want him so much I could die.
Yeah, yeah, yeah what a guy
Oh oh what a guy
What a guy he's sweet and gentle
What a guy he's sentimental
What a guy

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

those immersed in the ecosystem will note that all colors are on brand

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

HyperPuma posted:

thank you

feel free to use it when xbox blows ps4 out of the water this ndp day

Looks like a good avatar to me.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Crafty posted:

Looks like a good avatar to me.
Shadow Puppet did like having it as his avatar for a while.

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

those immersed in the ecosystem will note that all colors are on brand

<:mad:>

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i dunno what that means, did i do it wrong?

e; also im doing some touch ups in case anyone wants to use a slightly better one for an av

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

You can't crush blacks lower than 0x000000. Sorry.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Well yea I mean the expectation was Microsoft and Sony would be neck and neck or maybe that Sony would be waaaay behind like they were with PS3 at launch. You've read this thread so you know where I'm going with this

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

i dunno what that means, did i do it wrong?

Technically it was Microsoft that did it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I think they could've really goosed their sales if they made a bigger stinky deal about this game being made by slighted COD devs who made the COD's you actually liked. I assume there was some reason they didn't push that angle harder.

• Locked thread