Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ethanol posted:

Well see son that there is a ps3 game

MCC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This is loving difficult, I can't even think of a game other than Driveclub to make fun of. TLOU is probably ripe for it but I never got past the weepy melodramatic intro. His kid died? Oh poo poo, we're really in new emotional territory for gaming now.

Knack is really bad. There's no other games released yet unfortunately. :(

The order looks really poo poo though

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Sorry halo 2:a owns and is not on 360

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Actually it "looks" really good. But it's probably going to be rear end.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
God I hate how trendy this loving sunset overdrive game is

*gets hard over guys with beards and curly mustaches in steampunk victorian cover shooter*

*Shops on Amazon for mustache wax*

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ethanol posted:

Also that's because the ps4 has no games

You're going to be a sad sad man come 2015.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

LLJKSiLk posted:

I have a PS4. I'm pretty happy thus far with all the games, etc. and literally the only reason I'd want an XBone is to play HALO games and also because my brother/cousins went the XBone route.

MCC is broken still. At least wait until they fix it if that's your main draw.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

This is giving me some heavy Doom texture vibes.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ethanol posted:

It's not on the Bone either.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ethanol posted:

i heard its broken actually

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
PS4 still doesn't have standby mode. They pushed it hard in the initial reveal, too.

Pls make fun of this more, game companies only seem to respond to viral mockery these days.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's 2015 in 27 days, what do you know that I don't?

Or did you mean 2017, when Sony will become a subsidiary of amazon?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Bass Bottles posted:

PS4 still doesn't have standby mode. They pushed it hard in the initial reveal, too.

Pls make fun of this more, game companies only seem to respond to viral mockery these days.

It has a standbyme mode where you call the police and report a dead console with no games

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Say what you want about Killer Instinct on xbox one, the fighting game community seems to like it and they didn't gently caress up the announcer.

ULLLLLLLLTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COOOOOOOMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pretty sure the announcer just yelled ULLLLLLLLTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ULLLLLLLLTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA after Ultra combos in the old KI games.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Spacebump posted:

Pretty sure the announcer just yelled ULLLLLLLLTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ULLLLLLLLTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA after Ultra combos in the old KI games.

He might in the new one too I've only seen a few twitch streams of it. Looks cool though. Undeniably the place to go for fighting games on next gen.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm actually kind of sad I missed out on being able to make "Every good Club keeps a line outside" jokes when the "one in, one out" stuff happened.

Also I really don't understand how anyone could like Jet Set Radio and hate Sunset Overdrive. Jet Set Radio has more cringeworthy retardedness in it's soundtrack than SO has in the entire game and they were forgiven. SO is probably going to be one of those slow burner games that turns into a million seller eventually.

Jet Set Radios soundtrack is perfect you garbage man

Except for that one Dragula song which is awful

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He might in the new one too I've only seen a few twitch streams of it. Looks cool though. Undeniably the place to go for fighting games on next gen.

He screams ULLLLLLLLTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COOOOOMMMMBOOOO in the new one, the first time I heard it I was thrown off. The best next gen fighting game is currently Smash Bros or Injustice depending on if you consider Smash a fighter.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
did microsoft pay their indie devs yet, or are they 65+ days behind on their september payment still?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Crafty posted:

It's 2015 in 27 days, what do you know that I don't?

Or did you mean 2017, when Sony will become a subsidiary of amazon?

Atlus and NIS are all brining their poo poo to PS4

Namco has a Tales game coming after Zesteria specifically for the PS4.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spacebump posted:

He screams ULLLLLLLLTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COOOOOMMMMBOOOO in the new one, the first time I heard it I was thrown off. The best next gen fighting game is currently Smash Bros or Injustice depending on if you consider Smash a fighter.

Injustice is real good. I haven't played a fighter since like tekken 2 and the contextual use of scenery blew me away. like a regular old attack in front of a compressed air tank has your guy grab the tank and swing it. super cool.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Real hurthling! posted:

like a regular old attack in front of a compressed air tank has your guy grab the tank and swing it. super cool.

That sounds pretty poo poo actually. Attacks should be 100% consistent.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
They disable them in real tournaments

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Copies of Injustice I mean, not the interactables.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nierbo posted:

its actually awesome and super fun with friends who aren't turbo spergs about fighting games lmao if you love fighting games and play lots of them.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

did microsoft pay their indie devs yet, or are they 65+ days behind on their september payment still?

They won't get paid for another 2 weeks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

and that's just september's check!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nierbo posted:

:lol:

Its a DC fighting game, it was never going to be the next street fighter or king of fighters.

But it lets you play as batman and smash Supes in the face and that's actually pretty fun.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay guys here's some super scientific proof to settle this debate forever.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/games/xbox-one?nav=28-xu0,13ffff2418-1e0

257 games.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/games/playstation-4?nav=28-xu0,13ffff2418-1dc

306 games.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

univbee posted:

is this a real thing?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Awesome! posted:

is this a real thing?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=944494

Link to twitter update but I don't recommend reading the responses which point out how "timely" Microsoft's response was :xbone: https://twitter.com/ID_Xbox/status/540275992619532288

quote:

Due to a technical issue in our system, we recently learned that some payments to select developers in the Xbox Live Indie Games program on Xbox 360 were delayed. Our partners are important to us and we work hard to help make sure they have a great development experience. This was an unfortunate error and we are working hard to fix it. We apologize for this incident and anticipate developers will receive payments within the next two weeks.

Note that although Microsoft says they "just discovered" the issue, according to devs on Neogaf, they had opened numerous threads on the internal support forum for indie devs, and some had formally threatened legal action (e.g. getting a lawyer to serve them papers). Also according to these devs, this is a problem that happened before.

I hope Shalinor is having better luck (does her team have a game out yet?) :ohdear:

univbee fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 4, 2014

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Awesome! posted:

is this a real thing?

yes it is, but its just an innocent accounting error even though it brought to the company's attention 5+ times

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

The Taint Reaper posted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I like how paying people for work they've done is now some mysterious technical mystery that's spoken about in the same terms as license transfer problems or something.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I like how paying people for work they've done is now some mysterious technical mystery that's spoken about in the same terms as license transfer problems or something.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

• Locked thread