Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

hanyolo posted:

How is enjoying/posting about the console we have purchased in a thread dedicated to said console defending it? Maybe don't be an autistic gently caress and let people enjoy their console of choice? I always laugh when I see someone post in here "going to buy an xbox one, whats a good deal lately" followed by 20 posts calling the guy a retard. That's the pathetic posts you should be laughing at :v:

This thread is filled with sad people who just want to relive the gamefaqs console war era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Spacebump posted:

This thread is filled with sad people who just want to relive the gamefaqs console war era.

actually its the ycs ps3 thread era

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Stux posted:

actually its the ycs ps3 thread era

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I don't understand the Double Fine hate. They committed the terrible unforgivable sin of delaying a game?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Bass Bottles posted:

I don't understand the Double Fine hate. They committed the terrible unforgivable sin of delaying a game?

No, you see, I gave them $1 so they are beholden to me yea unto the end of time itself.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Bass Bottles posted:

i think they released like 3 games in a row on kikckstarter/early access and got a ton of money and then didnt finish them and just released them but someone will probably post a better synopsis

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

koolkal posted:

i think they released like 3 games in a row on kikckstarter/early access and got a ton of money and then didnt finish them and just released them but someone will probably post a better synopsis

They delayed half of broken age because they ran out of money. But backers will still get the full game for the same price they paid initially, so literally all they did was delay a game. And dumb people got mad.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bass Bottles posted:

They ripped people off on Steam Early Access so badly that Steam actually had to change their drat rules for Early Access specifically because of them. Whether from malice or from sheer incompetence, they lost pretty much all the goodwill they had amongst their fans and the people who were giving them money to keep them afloat.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

They delayed it right after they finished another round of crowd funding for Massive Chalice. The indie darling did not want his serial mismanagement to gently caress with his revenue stream.

And then add to that whatever happened with Space Base 9

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Cubey posted:

They ripped people off on Steam Early Access so badly that Steam actually had to change their drat rules for Early Access specifically because of them. Whether from malice or from sheer incompetence, they lost pretty much all the goodwill they had amongst their fans and the people who were giving them money to keep them afloat.

What happened specifically? All I know is the Broken Age thing which didn't bother me at all and I am a backer.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bass Bottles posted:

What happened specifically? All I know is the Broken Age thing which didn't bother me at all and I am a backer.

They officially abandoned development on Space Base 9 with many of its promised features broken/absent.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Well this lazy port of FF7 isnt going to hurt MS one bit.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

shadow puppet of a posted:

ONLY $60 DOLLARS!

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

univbee posted:

They officially abandoned development on Space Base 9 with many of its promised features broken/absent.

I guess that sucks but I don't really feel too bad for people who paid for an early access game. Maybe that makes me a bad person idk. I only backed Broken Age because I wanted to watch the documentary, which I knew would deliver, and I was okay with the actual game sucking/never releasing. I wouldn't back a game if it not coming out/failing would make me angry.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

the dude announcing it was hilarious, that wash partly English.

I recently replayed ff7 on my psp, perfect game for long flights. Will look poo poo upscaled though.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
Square Enix trolling again.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The No Man's Sky team doing a fantastic job of wearing out their welcome with more of this continual aww-shucks shtick.

"Ooime a very bashful British man and here is moie gayme where ye lookit aminals in er'spaceschipp."

David Jaffe now? Please close this event with some more drab car combat.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 6, 2014

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

The No Man's Sky team doing a fantastic job of wearing out their welcome with more of this continual aww-shucks shtick.

"We're a small indie team" *glances at floor with hands in pockets*

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

Bass Bottles posted:

lol

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

what are you guys watching?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

ethanol posted:

Documentary on what could have been for the Xbox One. Some long nonsense about a lot of diverse games and indies. Nothing good. Not a single mention of The Price is Right or NFL integration.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ethanol posted:

right now i'm watching my 360 fail to connect to xbox live, it's pretty awesome

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cubey posted:

right now i'm watching my 360 fail to connect to xbox live, it's pretty awesome

Is Lizard Squad seriously still at it?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

"Ooime a very bashful British man and here is moie gayme where ye lookit aminals in er'spaceschipp."

David Jaffe now? Please close this event with some more drab car combat.

actually that guy was really cool and i want to make kiss with him

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

univbee posted:

Is Lizard Squad seriously still at it?

No idea, it's telling me there's an Xbox Live update and then it fails to download and nobody else can get on Live for the 360 either. It's either them or just Microsoft being incompetent.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux posted:

actually that guy was really cool and i want to make kiss with him

anyone who drops in "we'll all be dead by then. so will the earth. and the sun *silence*" into a conference like that is v cool to me

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Wow, that Batman dude is seriously pissed off about his Halo.

Also, I am seriously falling in love with Shadow of Mordor. The better I get at it, and the more stuff I unlock, the more I realize how amazingly cool this game is.

P.S. - Crafty, please never change. I mean that in the unironic, flattering way; because I love your posts. You are fighting the good fight.

P.P.S. - FM5 is only lacking in content in comparison to FM4, which is forgivable. In its current state, I fully agree that either FM5 or FH2 should have won racer of the year. They're both great, but FH2 really represents the biggest improvement in a racing IP in a long time. I'm still hooked.

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

Bass Bottles posted:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bass Bottles posted:

He was waiting on applause for that revelation, applause that never came.

Here's a live stream reaction of the ff7 troll https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoV27HhwuR4

I love gaming events, always so awkward.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Indie devs are the "instant coffee is satan" crowd

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

Also, I am seriously falling in love with Shadow of Mordor. The better I get at it, and the more stuff I unlock, the more I realize how amazingly cool this game is.

P.S. - Crafty, please never change. I mean that in the unironic, flattering way; because I love your posts. You are fighting the good fight.

P.P.S. - FM5 is only lacking in content in comparison to FM4, which is forgivable. In its current state, I fully agree that either FM5 or FH2 should have won racer of the year. They're both great, but FH2 really represents the biggest improvement in a racing IP in a long time. I'm still hooked.

goty is essentially most popular game of the year, and clearly the never ending legacy of mario kart 64 HD is going to beat a bunch of sperg love for forza anyday.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Oh poo poo, I forgot about Mario Kart. Yes that's the best racer of the year not a tech demo called driveclub, a broken zynga racer called the crew or 2D hovercraft forza.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i dont think anybody ever for one second considered driveclub or the crew for goty

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

If Driveclub had one best racing game of the year I would have gone insanfe

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

So are all (3) of you Boners enjoying your free copies of PvZ: Garden Warfare.

oh.......

You mean you didn't get free copies of anything other than the desperation "HOLY gently caress PLEASE BUY THIS SHITBOX, IT'S COSTING US HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS!1111!!!!" Black Friday codes included as bundled games with your fire sale Bones?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

xbone gets EA access, playstation gets 3 free EA games straight up :laugh:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dr. Faustus posted:

See the thing is Crafty is a gimmick.

You're just actually that stupid.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stux posted:

xbone gets EA access, playstation gets 3 free EA games straight up :laugh:
xbone gets ea access with plants vs zombies included, ps4 gets plants vs zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ethanol posted:

xbone gets ea access with plants vs zombies included, ps4 gets plants vs zombies.

The only good game on EA Access though, so it's a wash for now.

• Locked thread