Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pisshead
Oct 24, 2007
If anyone's interested, some top euro players are playing in a couple of 'showmatches' with no weapon bans to basically see how the competitive 6s game would work as Valve wants it, and if the weapon bans are really justified. The first one starts 7pm UK time Sunday on http://teamfortress.tv/stream/teamfortresstv, and the second one is the sunday after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.
The short circuit/gunslinger engineer and GRU heavy meta reigns supreme :twisted:

Honestly though, this will probably be a laugh to watch, I'm down.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
"If ya didn't want me to kill ya, ya should of said some thing"

I've only really just started playing scout a lot in the last few months after getting a new computer. That is the first time I've heard that line? TF2's voice shouts (what ever you call them) are still the best after all these years of play, far more rewarding than some flashy medal or achievement popping up on screen.

That line just made me laugh, I'd love to know what triggered it.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Dominating a pyro.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Dr. Dos posted:

Dominating a pyro.

Nice. :)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

pisshead posted:

They still haven't fixed the short circuit.

Yeah the glitch where it makes you use extra metal upon successfully destroying a projectile is really annoying. That and the no-metal-from-dispenser thing, I'd say the short circuit is one of the buggiest weapons in the game... and they still haven't fixed it! It was working fine for like a week or so but then they broke it in a update.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
He has another one for the pyro that's "repeat after me 'mm mm mm I'M DEAD'"

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

mabels big day posted:

Yeah the glitch where it makes you use extra metal upon successfully destroying a projectile is really annoying. That and the no-metal-from-dispenser thing, I'd say the short circuit is one of the buggiest weapons in the game... and they still haven't fixed it! It was working fine for like a week or so but then they broke it in a update.

OH YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Peanut President posted:

edit also someone please rate my name tag use from short circuit to cool gun:

I'd rate it half a sticky jumper. Tops.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jippa posted:

"If ya didn't want me to kill ya, ya should of said some thing"

I've only really just started playing scout a lot in the last few months after getting a new computer. That is the first time I've heard that line? TF2's voice shouts (what ever you call them) are still the best after all these years of play, far more rewarding than some flashy medal or achievement popping up on screen.

That line just made me laugh, I'd love to know what triggered it.

If you want to take out the joy and surprise, you can methodically go through and listen to each one here

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think End of the Line might of been more visually impressive then anything valve has made for TF2 yet.
I don't think talking would of really added anything to it either since the music works well.

I just wish the Orphanage had the same tagline as the Kitten store under it.
*WHOLESALEPRICES... HUNDREDS OF ORPHANS TO CHOOSE FROM!*

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 12, 2014

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

I love the scout domination lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX__swbUwag

I.. eat.. your.. SANDVICHES! I eat them up!

Hehey, look, you shapeshifted into a dead guy!

Svdl
May 9, 2006

Around the world
Couple of days ago I made a new scattergun and uploaded it with a video and mod download links and everything.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=354146339

Few minutes ago I got an email saying it was accepted to the game!

I don't think valve accepted it after all :saddowns:

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Congrats on your self-made Bottle! Have you launched the game to see it yet? :v:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It shows up with the other stuff when I filter for stuff accepted into the game.

As well as being silenced, it looks like it could be cool for a tightly spread shotgun, maybe that does a tonne of damage but doesn't fire many shots. I dunno though, since the bfb and accompanying pistol, design doesn't dictate the what the weapon does these days. A new scout weapon is good by me though, I love all the different scatter guns.

Make this one usable for heavy too, valve.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I heard Tagg mention moving jump to Mouse2 for ctap one video. Is that feasible? Because I can't help worry about the other classes that need to use Mouse2 to do special stuff like the Cow Mangler and airblast.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Update! :toot:

quote:

- Added the Cold Snap Coat to the End of the Line Community Crate
- Fixed a client crash related to ragdolls
- Fixed a client crash related to the material system
- Fixed the backpack panel not highlighting the currently selected page number
- Fixed Halloween footstep spells being displayed for disguised Spies
- Fixed The Swagman's Swatter not being held by the Sniper for lower LOD settings during the melee taunt
- Updated the materials for The Peacenik's Ponytail and added a new style
- Updated The Li'l Dutchman to fix a jiggle bone issue
- Updated The Ghost of Spies Checked Past to fix a jiggle bone issue
- Updated Mann Co. Store prices for foreign currencies to current USD equivalents
- Updated the localization files
They remembered to put the Soldier coat in the crate! We don't have a Demoman Scattergun melee though. :(

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

RareAcumen posted:

I heard Tagg mention moving jump to Mouse2 for ctap one video. Is that feasible? Because I can't help worry about the other classes that need to use Mouse2 to do special stuff like the Cow Mangler and airblast.

Yeah that's how star does it, you bind altfire to something else. Old bunnyhop trick I think?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

MinibarMatchman posted:

as soon as I started playing KOTH and Nucleus loaded up some guy was crying incessantly about "no skill pyros faget camping" so I think I'll fall back into the game pretty fast lol

If you were using the Reserve Shooter you deserve this.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
The best way to kill reserve shooter pyros is with the flare gun :clint:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Dr. Dos posted:

Scorch shot actually.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Svdl posted:

Couple of days ago I made a new scattergun and uploaded it with a video and mod download links and everything.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=354146339

Few minutes ago I got an email saying it was accepted to the game!

I don't think valve accepted it after all :saddowns:

Holy crap, is this modeled after the DeLise carbine?

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

QwertySanchez posted:

It shows up with the other stuff when I filter for stuff accepted into the game.

As well as being silenced, it looks like it could be cool for a tightly spread shotgun, maybe that does a tonne of damage but doesn't fire many shots. I dunno though, since the bfb and accompanying pistol, design doesn't dictate the what the weapon does these days. A new scout weapon is good by me though, I love all the different scatter guns.

Make this one usable for heavy too, valve.

The scout already has enough scatterguns, he doesn't need anymore, just rebalance the existing ones. Same as most classes really, don't see why the game needs any more weapons when there are already so many that they're practically useless.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Dr. Dos posted:

dat massive 15 dps

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

pisshead posted:

The scout already has enough scatterguns, he doesn't need anymore, just rebalance the existing ones. Same as most classes really, don't see why the game needs any more weapons when there are already so many that they're practically useless.

What scout scatterguns are you unhappy with? The only one I can really think of in need of rebalancing is the backscatter

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I honestly forgot hte backscatter even exists, because nobody uses it, as there is not a strange version.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's a gun called the backscatter? what the gently caress

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

mabels big day posted:

I honestly forgot hte backscatter even exists, because nobody uses it, as there is not a strange version.

I had good luck with it when the other teamkept pushing with a bunch of MedicXHeavies. Takes out medics fast.

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007
The Baby Face Blaster has virtually no downside. It lets a scout easily escape any encounter, and 4 shots is more than enough to win a 1v1 with the massive speed advantage and ambush potential. It's so unfun to play against. It's the new Soda Popper.

The Backscatter has no purpose as it is. Every scattergun does what it does just fine without minicrits (especially the BFB). Now if they gave it to the Heavy... it would still be crap, but the Heavy would have another shotgun so I'm cool with it.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah, Babyface's Blaster used to have a damage penalty, but also had you going much slower at 0 boost and a single air-jump dropped you back to zero. A Scout who can't jump and who can't reach the front lines in a reasonable time is a useless Scout. Then they went and reduced ALL of the drawbacks, when the damage penalty was absolutely appropriate. I still like using it (especially with Bootie Time, or Sprinting Cephalopod) but it's still not in a good place.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

What scout scatterguns are you unhappy with? The only one I can really think of in need of rebalancing is the backscatter

That's the point, he already has enough viable scatterguns, so why give him another one? Same as the sniper and soldier, those three classes have probably the largest array of viable primaries. And they're the three that got new primaries in the Love and War update, which came with two movement-enhancing items for the two classes who already had the best movement. There's no sense behind these weapons at all.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Give Medic a medigun that when you uber it turns you and whoever you're healing invisible until they shoot or it runs out or you bump into someone

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I don't see what scout having plenty of viable guns has to do with whether or not it would be cool to give him another

It'd be better if some other class got more viable primaries, sure, but I still wouldn't say no to more (good) scout stuff

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Babe Magnet posted:

Give Medic a medigun that when you uber it turns you and whoever you're healing invisible until they shoot or it runs out or you bump into someone

I support this but only if sentries also ignore you while you're invisible. Fat Pocket Spy mode engaged :getin:

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

I don't see what scout having plenty of viable guns has to do with whether or not it would be cool to give him another

It'd be better if some other class got more viable primaries, sure, but I still wouldn't say no to more (good) scout stuff

But what would it do? We already have the normal, jack of all trades scatter gun, the one which does more damage in return for fewer shots, the one which fires tighter, the one which makes you jump, the one which makes you go faster, and the one that does damage from the back.

Maybe they could have one like in Starmod, where you have eight shots, no reloading/ammo pool, and you instantly reload by collecting ammo from the floor. That's pretty much the only good thing from that mod.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wrong thread

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Abyssal Squid posted:

Yeah, Babyface's Blaster used to have a damage penalty, but also had you going much slower at 0 boost and a single air-jump dropped you back to zero. A Scout who can't jump and who can't reach the front lines in a reasonable time is a useless Scout. Then they went and reduced ALL of the drawbacks, when the damage penalty was absolutely appropriate. I still like using it (especially with Bootie Time, or Sprinting Cephalopod) but it's still not in a good place.

I feel like having a smaller clip is definitely a downside to the BFB, but then again my aim on scout isn't great, especially when I'm moving at ultra high BFB speeds. The regular scattergun gives me more chances to screw up, and enough shots that I don't feel vulnerable switching out a pistol for milk or something like that. I guess at higher skill levels that might become a non-issue though.

I also think the air striker could use a buff because it's really fun but kind of a downgrade. Maybe just a max clip of 8 or 9 instead of 7? It's a fun gimmick weapon but I think there are enough good rocket launchers that it wouldn't hurt making it more viable, especially since you're not using a shotgun if you roll with it.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

If kritzkrieg is the equivalent of Quake's quad damage, stock uber is pentagram of protection, and quickfix is regeneration, then there could be mediguns for ring of shadows (invisibility), or haste (faster movement and firing speed).

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Red Bones posted:

I also think the air striker could use a buff because it's really fun but kind of a downgrade. Maybe just a max clip of 8 or 9 instead of 7? It's a fun gimmick weapon but I think there are enough good rocket launchers that it wouldn't hurt making it more viable, especially since you're not using a shotgun if you roll with it.

Make it start with its full clip size and you could have fun with it straight away instead of painstakingly building it up with hardly any damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

pisshead posted:

If kritzkrieg is the equivalent of Quake's quad damage, stock uber is pentagram of protection, and quickfix is regeneration, then there could be mediguns for ring of shadows (invisibility), or haste (faster movement and firing speed).

Hasted Heavy :getin:

• Locked thread