Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ernie Muppari posted:

Fun note: At one point that guy actually loses a bunch of HP when one of the low-level pink guys pokes him like, twice.

BALANCE

That, honestly, would be a good thing if it meant that having huge amounts of gear didn't give you a significant advantage. It would mean the game wasn't balanced around a grind.

Though given that the enemies are unkillable without very good weapons at early levels, unfortunately it doesn't seem consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

The guys in that first dungeon are harder than anything else in the actual game. It may also be a bug right now, but fixing your ship's FTL doesn't seem to consume the crystals, so if you do it once you can give those crystals to all of your characters and never go there again. Once you get them it seems you also learn a recipe to create them, but I haven't checked to see what it requires.

Also wrt pixel grinding, crafting gear doesn't take pixels anymore, so buying the fuel isn't a huge deal. In fact, because the shops tend to sell poo poo you don't want, pixels are basically just gas money and saying pixels = gas isn't too far off.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Supernorn posted:

I told you guys. I hope you like it!
Played a bit of the latest nightly as well and uh...
Why am I so gullible? :sterv:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
All this balance poo poo sounds pretty unnecessary considering this is a game about exploring poo poo and blowing up hostile creatures.

Like, I remember the whole deal was X Space was gonna be the PvP thing as well, like this is an MMO or something. I am expecting a modder to just fix all this but this sets a precedent that's already there for seemingly incomplete games. Just release the poo poo, and hopefully some dude that doesn't get paid does what he feels might be a better job or another way to go about it.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Supernorn posted:

I told you guys. I hope you like it!

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Glad you're all having fun!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Bauxite posted:

Also wrt pixel grinding, crafting gear doesn't take pixels anymore, so buying the fuel isn't a huge deal.
Of all the things I've heard lately, this is like the best news yet. Pixel balance was always stupid as gently caress. This seems a good move in the right direction.

I also really hope that the suspicion the dungeon guy is bugged is correct. If that's how it's meant to be then it's also loving stupid.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Supernorn posted:

Remember that time you were all 'no seriously if anyone has some concerns about stuff bring them up' and then a bunch of people said some actual legit things in clear language with several fair criticisms of the current state of the game and when you showed up again like three days later you had cherrypicked the softest softballs possible?

We have fun.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Patware posted:

Remember that time you were all 'no seriously if anyone has some concerns about stuff bring them up' and then a bunch of people said some actual legit things in clear language with several fair criticisms of the current state of the game and when you showed up again like three days later you had cherrypicked the softest softballs possible?

We have fun.

So what you're saying is that I answered people's questions? It's true i'm the jerk. Lighten up, guy! Have an Alpaca:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Supernorn posted:

The last time I was able to have fun in a game was when I could push the captain down and explode into a pile of poo poo and gibs while all he can do is Rant like a raving lunatic

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Well, what they don't mention about the really tough guy is that entire first encounter. You drop down and can't jump back up without double jump. He runs at you from the right, so you'll automatically run left, which leads you to a door with a switch. If you keep running through doors you'll find friendly NPCs who will at least tank him for you while you all shoot him to death. After that you can either run past them or drag them back to that room for friendlies to shoot him to death. It's really not that big of a deal.

The second "dungeon" is a snow area with the familiar UFO penguin boss and some penguin troops. You can one-shot penguin troops with a steel tier gun, and if you bring in maybe 30-40 bandages you'll be more than fine for health. The UFO's actual shots don't do much damage to steel armor and the only real bitch is that having a gun is pretty much mandatory for him, which once again raises that question: If all of the PC races can fly in space, why is it only the novakid figured out how bullets work and can make their own guns?

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
Nice, a new nightly update came out, maybe it fixes the launcher issues? Nope, steam still won't launch it, and launcher still won't launch it.
I wonder what it does???

Oh.

Edit: i was going to play starbound but since I cant I guess I have to go back to low effort shitposting???

I hope this guide to StarBound© helps.

Koobze fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Dec 17, 2014

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Don't worry SuperNorn, there are still many who believe in you guys. I am patiently waiting for this update. Just tell whoever thought of the whole "IT NEEDS TO TAKE FOR loving EVER TO KILL poo poo :D!!!!!!!!!" that they need to get bit by a goose. Right in the dick. If they dont have one, then right in the tit.

Other than that, im really looking forward to everything! The info looks awesome :D If you guys do good enough, i might even try and send you guys cookies or something. Might being the key word there. I am pretty lazy, so dont get mad if it doesnt happen :(

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
Please help me kickstart my new animated gif.

Only $30 and I promise to update it within 10 years!!!!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Finally watched the trailer and guard breaking on shields is a major feature, ok lmao

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Feature: after a certain amount of time shields will stop working and need to recharge

Maybe in the future shields, guns, and double jumps can all work off the same energy bar???

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A-a-a-a-a-a-a-any day now!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Supernorn posted:

So what you're saying is that I answered people's questions? It's true i'm the jerk. Lighten up, guy! Have an Alpaca:
You are terrible at PR and your posting consistently reminds me of that German word fremdschämen

Jackard fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 17, 2014

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Supernorn posted:

You're a loving moron

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Fremdschämen is right. Time to move on to modding the next game!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Supernorn quit while you are behind

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

At least Blu gave us deviantart poetry meltdown

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Supernorn posted:

You know, much as I would like for this game to be good, you're really making it difficult for me to say anything nice about the people developing it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Supernorn, steal all the money from Chucklefish forcing them to not flush it all down the toilet like they probably are going to, run away, and then use the money to remake SS13 in a real engine.

Then release it and don't patch it for 9 months.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Supernorn hitting the hornet's nest with a stick owns and if it gets more goons to embarrass themselves making mspaint poop gifs then I hope he keeps doing it.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

rodney mullenkamp posted:

Supernorn hitting the hornet's nest with a stick owns and if it gets more goons to embarrass themselves making mspaint poop gifs then I hope he keeps doing it.

Lol if you think anything except supernorn is embarrassing as gently caress in this thread.

And I guess star bound as a whole really

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

rodney mullenkamp posted:

Bob NewSCART posted:

You're a loving moron

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Prop Wash posted:

Feature: after a certain amount of time shields will stop working and need to recharge

Maybe in the future shields, guns, and double jumps can all work off the same energy bar???

2015: We have decided to hide the energy bar to make the game more tactical!

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Brainbread posted:

2015: We have decided to hide the energy bar to make the game more tactical!

2016: We've realized how much of a mistake the energy bar was. Color changed to black.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
2026: we've decided to bring back and improve upon the energy bar based on player feedback. The energy bar no longer regenerates. Instead players must craft the battery item (current cost: 2 copper bars but subject to change) to refill the bar once it is depleted.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
So that winter update out yet.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

nutranurse posted:

So that winter update out yet.

yea

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
You guys don't like Alpacas I guess. Huh.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Supernorn posted:

Ah, the classic Cute Animal Pics ^_^ ~~~ technique

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Hey Starbound team I know how you can save starbound!!! add some fucken cattes lmao

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Supernorn posted:

Haha, you're so random and wacky. :bigtran:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Supernorn posted:

I don't think you're a resounding success OR a very nice guy :mad:

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 17, 2014

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

im.... gay!?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Supernorn posted:

I don't like you, retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

I don't like you, retard

:agreed:

• Locked thread