Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
The fact is, with a few exceptions you sucked any fun out of me posting here. I wasn't required to. I'm a goon that just happens to be contributing to a game that I enjoy working on. You can't really expect me to take this thread seriously when you guys are just showing utter contempt towards me, the game or any reasonable means towards a discussion. So I'm going to peace out and you guys can continue doing whatever it is you think this is. Merry Christmas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Supernorn posted:

The fact is, with a few exceptions you sucked any fun out of me posting here. I wasn't required to. I'm a goon that just happens to be contributing to a game that I enjoy working on. You can't really expect me to take this thread seriously when you guys are just showing utter contempt towards me, the game or any reasonable means towards a discussion. So I'm going to peace out and you guys can continue doing whatever it is you think this is. Merry Christmas!

Pussy.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

:thumbsup:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I haven't seen PR this bad since Blue was kicked from Terraria. Peace out nice guy!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Supernorn posted:

Merry Christmas to you as well. Enjoy your bad game that will never be released.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wow i guess we really don't like alpacas lol

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Supernorn posted:

I would love for the Starbound community to have a serious week of Something Awful zero-tolerance banhammer rules to weed out the toxic people that appear to poo poo up every single news thread. I feel that it's not so much that the community is bad, it's just the vocal minority make everyone else not want to participate.

Lol

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Supernorn, much like the mods, realized this thread is a lost cause and will just ignore it forever now.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Supernorn, much like the mods, realized this thread is a lost cause and will just ignore it forever now.

his lost

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

"[posters] are cool guys who don't take poo poo from idiots, they're cool" *deliberately antagonizes [posters] and gets antagonized back* "wow you guys are no fun anymore peace"

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Supernorn posted:

lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Supernorn posted:

I would venture that possibly, if you want to post in the thread anonymously, then assuming the role of chucklefish PR was perhaps not the best idea?

Further, seeing as you have assumed the role, responding with self-celebratory comments when the thread is happy, and trolling it when it isn't, is possibly not the ideal tone to take? You can't have it both ways, you can either get the praise and the backlash or neither.

It sort of makes it look like the only thing you see as a valid discussion is stuff that praises the game. If someone plays the new content, records it, and it looks like a pile of crap to play, what do you expect people to say about it?

I don't expect it's very fun for you, but that's the state the game is in. It was played, it didn't play very well. If you want that view to change, you're going to need to produce a better game. If you want people to just trust you're going to sort everything out, you are going to need to not try to deliberately make fun of people who do anything other than praise the game unconditionally.

You're not going to engender any sort of support the way you're acting now.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 17, 2014

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Supernorn posted:

So what you're saying is that I answered people's questions? It's true i'm the jerk. Lighten up, guy! Have an Alpaca:

Cool, things I can't get because the mission for the ftl drive is loving impossible and there's no creative mode for me to play with space legos without having the dark souls cargo cult hefted upon me. Might as well show me screenshots from a different game for how obtainable it is in starbound.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
I like to imagine he left because i Mentioned SS13 and Poo.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I would venture that possibly, if you want to post in the thread anonymously, then assuming the role of chucklefish PR was perhaps not the best idea?

Further, seeing as you have assumed the role, responding with self-celebratory comments when the thread is happy, and trolling it when it isn't, is possibly not the ideal tone to take? You can't have it both ways, you can either get the praise and the backlash or neither.

It sort of makes it look like the only thing you see as a valid discussion is stuff that praises the game. If someone plays the new content, records it, and it looks like a pile of crap to play, what do you expect people to say about it?

I don't expect it's very fun for you, but that's the state the game is in. It was played, it didn't play very well. If you want that view to change, you're going to need to produce a better game. If you want people to just trust you're going to sort everything out, you are going to need to not try to deliberately make fun of people who do anything other than praise the game unconditionally.

This is a good, reasonable post with well-thought-out points and a neutral tone, so you know when he inevitably returns in a day or so to crow about beachballs or something he'll just skip right over it in lieu of an easier target.
Also this is a shitpost-only zone, so I'm gonna have to ask you to turn in your card :colbert:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Supernorn posted:

Release a good game in a timely manner and you'd have never gotten this response, it's not like you haven't had nine months to prove otherwise.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

You guys sucked any fun out of posting in here, I'll suck the little fun left in the game in return

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Not even that. Just don't come in here pimping out a bad game and then act like a weenie when people respond negatively.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Please dont come into this thread, the starbound thread, and talk about the game starbound. its against forum rules to derail threads,

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hello

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Yes.

I have popcorn ready for this moment.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Supernorn posted:

Still a resounding success and a very nice guy!

:allears:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Hello Eonwe my old friend, it i've come to talk with you again.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

OwlFancier posted:

Give me a loving break, you act like this thread is anything other than 90% shitposting. Those are the people Supernorn was mocking, not the 1 or 2 people who made serious, well reasoned posts. You can tell this because he directly stated it. ("You can't really expect me to take this thread seriously when you guys are just showing utter contempt towards any reasonable discussion.")

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CappyBottoms posted:

Yes.

I have popcorn ready for this moment.

? What's up friend

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

XboxPants posted:

Give me a loving break, you act like this thread is anything other than 90% shitposting. Those are the people Supernorn was mocking, not the 1 or 2 people who made serious, well reasoned posts. You can tell this because he directly stated it. ("You can't really expect me to take this thread seriously when you guys are just showing utter contempt towards any reasonable discussion.")

And yet, he is taking the thread seriously by getting upset and quitting for the week or so it takes most of us to forget.

So, realistically, we can expect him to take the thread seriously, because he obviously is. Which just leaves the people hurling poo poo at him because it's funny even more reason to do so, because it literally making his life just a little bit worse when they do so.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

XboxPants posted:

you guys are just showing utter contempt towards any reasonable discussion.")

If it makes any difference, I have nothing but contempt for everything, including god, santa, and myself.

but not animes and fedoras, Never animes and fedoras

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

XboxPants posted:

Maybe if he acknowledged the actual problems instead of shitposting with the worst of us people would take him seriously.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anime owns

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Eonwe posted:

? What's up friend

When you show up to a thread magic happens.

Arch Aage thread provided me days of entertainment.

Shine on you beautiful bastard.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol thank you I appreciate that. This thread is already pretty funny tho

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Hello friends, how is everyone doing today in this fine thread?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I like jumping up and down in muddy puddles.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

And yet, he is taking the thread seriously by getting upset and quitting for the week or so it takes most of us to forget.

So, realistically, we can expect him to take the thread seriously, because he obviously is. Which just leaves the people hurling poo poo at him because it's funny even more reason to do so, because it literally making his life just a little bit worse when they do so.

You are right, rationally, but it can be hard to remind yourself that it's all a joke and keep shrugging it off when the shitposting turns towards every post calling you specifically "human being retard" or whatever. It's one thing when everyone is joined together making fun of some dumb game, and very different when it's a group attacking a person. He's just a flawed human like the rest of us, eventually it's gonna bother him.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tin Tim posted:

I'm at work reading message boards, life is good.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Tin Tim posted:

Someone ragequit the thread, nobody important though.

XboxPants posted:

human being retard

Reported for Biggotry.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

XboxPants posted:

You are right, rationally, but it can be hard to remind yourself that it's all a joke and keep shrugging it off when the shitposting turns towards every post calling you specifically "human being retard" or whatever. It's one thing when everyone is joined together making fun of some dumb game, and very different when it's a group attacking a person. He's just a flawed human like the rest of us, eventually it's gonna bother him.

Then not engaging would be an optimal solution, one would think.

Or, alternatively, not making a big deal about being part of the team when the praise is being heaped on, and reverting to 'just some goon making a game' when people fling poo poo.

Also not trolling the thread would be a good idea in either case.

Essentially, I wouldn't recommend the game of any of the shitposters in the thread, it's difficult to recommend the game whose own developers are shitposting in their own game thread.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Rrussom posted:

Reported for Biggotry.

Reported for spelling

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Eonwe posted:

I'm at work reading message boards, life is good.
That owns

Rrussom posted:

Someone ragequit the thread, nobody important though.
Oh no, who will be posting updates and stuff now.

Supernorn, please don't go. I'm sure the big winter spring update will mend all the wounds itt. You already know the way to get back on my good side.

It's sandmining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Maybe if he acknowledged the actual problems instead of shitposting with the worst of us people would take him seriously.

He mentioned it in his first post but he should have brought it up a few more times, he's just an artist. So in other words, he doesn't know poo poo about any of the design or any of the problems and can't really comment about any of it. If he did it'd likely confuse the discussion even more because he wouldn't know what he was talking about. Which I guess, you're right it would make him look better, but I'm glad he didn't make poo poo up just to make himself look better?

So he talked about the few softball, simple things he could talk about, instead, but he should have reminded us why he wasn't going into detail about the new lua <-> c++ API being completely rebuilt the other day or whatever.

• Locked thread