Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
I just love it when I get an OP run that lets me kill Mega Satan before he even attacks. Guppy mode is insane. (I had a flock of oversized spiders too but I just cleared the floor for fun and they got eaten up by the invincibility frames of The Haunt boss)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Does using Suicide King count as taking red heart damage for devil and angel rooms?

Well found this out myself. It doesn't. So feel free to use it if you have an extra life you're willing to give up.

Any tips on using the ludo items well? Like Ludivico Technique, ???'s Only Friend, and Robo Baby 2.0.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Get Brimstone. The Lump of Coal also works well. Pairing it with the Mulligan and/or Guppy mode with a high fire rate will result a massive cloud of flies. Technology also works for it, but I'd prefer Brimstone personally. Flight is also super useful since you can hide on a rock. With ???'s Only Friend you should ignore it unless your tear damage is bad. But if that is the case then you should focus on it and ignore your regular tears. Trying to do both is hard and you'll take hits you wouldn't otherwise while trying to focus on three things at once.

Unless you have double/triple/quad shot you might wanna just ignore Mom's Knife entirely when you have Ludovico because the hitbox is weirdly thin and it can be hard to hit things.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
Any way to make a quick reset button for controllers on PC?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well found this out myself. It doesn't. So feel free to use it if you have an extra life you're willing to give up.

Any tips on using the ludo items well? Like Ludivico Technique, ???'s Only Friend, and Robo Baby 2.0.

???s Only Friend and Robo Baby 2.0 both have set damage so early on you can use them but later on you pretty much just ignore them. That's pretty much all I got. Also Robo Baby 2.0 has problems with seeing like half the enemies in the game.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

zerocrash posted:

Any way to make a quick reset button for controllers on PC?

Joy2Key?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Cursed eye + broken remote + Tammy's head + no flying = mama gurdy loving my poo poo up 6 times

I was playing on vita for that one too, couldn't even drop the trinket.

I managed sheol at least :)

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

The Duggler posted:

Cursed eye + broken remote + Tammy's head + no flying = mama gurdy loving my poo poo up 6 times

I was playing on vita for that one too, couldn't even drop the trinket.

I managed sheol at least :)

Too late now, but hold down select for awhile to drop trinkets and pills/cards.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Carwash oval office posted:

Too late now, but hold down select for awhile to drop trinkets and pills/cards.

Ah poo poo.

Oh well, next time! Thanks for the tip

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
After abusing the gently caress out of Alt-F4 to get the Lost unlocks, I finally finish the boss rush and then go onto legitimately clear the rest of game up until almost all of the Chest (got taken out by a double adversary room). Did have dead cat though.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Had pertho and jera and a battery enhanced blank card.

I had 64 chests in the spawn room on the Chest.

MatildaTheHun fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Dec 20, 2014

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Any tips for the Lost boss rush besides "get insanely lucky"?

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
my best Lost run is getting holy mantle right away and brimstone at first devil deal then dying to fire

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
If the entrance to the boss rush has appeared, will it still be open if I teleport away before starting it and come back later? Or will it be closed once I re-enter the Mom boss room after 20 minutes has passed?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

omeg posted:

-Get the Stopwatch, it neuters Monstro/Gish/Peep's ability to jump on top of you from off the screen. (Sub-point: watch out for The Peep/The Bloat's eyeballs, since the Stopwatch doesn't slow them down)
-Kill any small spawned enemies during safe times - you don't want to end your run by running into a spider
-Brimstone enemies are terrible as always and should be killed ASAP
-Have insane damage, but I guess you'd have to to make it to the boss rush

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

omeg posted:

Don't rely on Dead Cat or any revival item. You'll be sent to the previous room and with nothing to pick up in the Boss Rush room, it won't activate, ruining your attempt.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

omeg posted:

If you get the regular boss rush, let Carrion Queen poop all over the room. The red poop hurts bosses and will kill them very fast.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

ChibiSoma posted:

Awesome. Just beat the last Challenge I needed to finish them all off and oh hey the trophy didn't pop. Can these dipshits loving get their game working correctly already?

No, because Sony won't let them patch it for another few months.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
I think Steam cloud saves just totally hosed my save file from about 40+ successful runs....

I opened my game on my laptop for the first time in a few weeks (I had previously been swapping between desktop/laptop daily with perfect save transferring), and it was the same save I had from weeks ago. I think it got uploaded to the cloud, so before starting Steam on my desktop I went to C:\...\My Docs\My games\TBOIR\ and made a backup of all those files. But on starting the game on Steam, it seems to have taken my laptop's saves.

I'm very confused as to how the entire process for saving works, and I'm kind of pissed that I have to rely on some cloud service that might fail me.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
You can turn it off, and manage your own files. Like use your dropbox or whatever service you want.

Pic of setting if you don't know where that is.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Beating the lamb as Judas's Shadow doesn't unlock items? I got a win for Judas (started as Eve) on the select screen but no item unlocked or achievement for judas.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

pussy riot police posted:

You can turn it off, and manage your own files. Like use your dropbox or whatever service you want.

Pic of setting if you don't know where that is.

Yeah, I turned it off, but it appears my save is still hosed... ugh... poo poo sucks =/ Luckily I had almost no hard-mode clears, but almost none of my characters are showing Chest/Dark Room clears anymore. God dammit.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Beating the lamb as Judas's Shadow doesn't unlock items? I got a win for Judas (started as Eve) on the select screen but no item unlocked or achievement for judas.

I think Judas unlocks the Left Hand, which you can also unlock by beating Mega Pride. So you probably already did that, and got the win for Eve.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

IUG posted:

I think Judas unlocks the Left Hand, which you can also unlock by beating Mega Pride. So you probably already did that, and got the win for Eve.

I thought that was for beating the Chest?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Beating the Lamb with Judas unlocks the Curved Horn, beating ??? as Judas gets you the Left Hand. But maybe the Shadow doesn't unlock items.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Shadow counts for the post it note but not item unlocks.

Happy Big Fun
Jul 23, 2004
Yay!
Had the "continue doesn't save" bug happen to me and I was able to reproduce it reliably. I was also able to fix it.

If I have a game saved mid-run on one save file, the other save file will NEVER take it.

If I kill myself on the original run, then fully exit out and back in, the other save can accept a mid-run exit and continuation.

It seems like rebirth only has a single, global mid-run continue slot across all save files. For me (on PC), personally and subjectively this is the continue bug. If you have a problem where you can't exit the game and have it save the run, go into all 3 save files, hit CONTINUE on each one and kill yourself and exit.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Weird Sandwich posted:

If the entrance to the boss rush has appeared, will it still be open if I teleport away before starting it and come back later? Or will it be closed once I re-enter the Mom boss room after 20 minutes has passed?

It will close after 20 minutes.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Chaos Card can kill the Haunt even if he's in his invincible first form. This has been your useless Isaac fact for the day.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

RiskyChris posted:

I think Steam cloud saves just totally hosed my save file from about 40+ successful runs....

I opened my game on my laptop for the first time in a few weeks (I had previously been swapping between desktop/laptop daily with perfect save transferring), and it was the same save I had from weeks ago. I think it got uploaded to the cloud, so before starting Steam on my desktop I went to C:\...\My Docs\My games\TBOIR\ and made a backup of all those files. But on starting the game on Steam, it seems to have taken my laptop's saves.

I'm very confused as to how the entire process for saving works, and I'm kind of pissed that I have to rely on some cloud service that might fail me.

I don't know if this is going to help you at all, but as of the last patch it doesn't save to My Games any more, although confusingly the folder and files are still there. It now saves to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\[account id]\250900\remote. So that might be why your files in my games are out of date.

I ran into a similar issue last week, I'd pinned the game to my task bar which unbeknownst to me was bypassing steam and causing it to still save to My Games (gently caress knows how, maybe Steam sets up a temporary symlink or something). Consequently when I launched through Steam I'd get an older save then when I launched from the task bar. Very confusing indeed. I've now stopped launching it from the task bar and moved the correct save into the correct place, so now I'm just missing a few steam achievements that I got when it wasn't running through Steam. Any chance something like this has happened to you?

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/games/250900/announcements/detail/228886519673853693

chippy fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 20, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

omeg posted:

The best thing to have is Gnawed Leaf/Daddy Longlegs, though that probably counts under insanely lucky. It would also take forever, especially the Carrion Queen. Ludovico/Brimstone lets you deal a ton of damage from relative safety as you hover over rocks. Damage in particular is your best friend with the boss rush, the faster it goes the less likely you are to take a hit.

Tofu Injection
Feb 10, 2006

No need to panic.
Northernlion had a hilarious run yesterday where he got the d4 crazy early and rerolled his whole build every single time he could. Was really entertaining, until the game exhausted the item pool and completely boned him on the cathedral.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Tofu Injection posted:

Northernlion had a hilarious run yesterday where he got the d4 crazy early and rerolled his whole build every single time he could. Was really entertaining, until the game exhausted the item pool and completely boned him on the cathedral.

This happens to me every time I get the D100 or the D4 but I can't even be upset about it because it's a pretty good time. I think you should always take every devil deal (especially dead cat) when you get the D100 or D4 early because with hearts persisting after rolling out of the item that gave them you are going to end up with full red hearts even despite this.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

garthoneeye posted:

Shadow counts for the post it note but not item unlocks.

That's kind of bullshit.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

chippy posted:

I don't know if this is going to help you at all, but as of the last patch it doesn't save to My Games any more, although confusingly the folder and files are still there. It now saves to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\[account id]\250900\remote. So that might be why your files in my games are out of date.

I ran into a similar issue last week, I'd pinned the game to my task bar which unbeknownst to me was bypassing steam and causing it to still save to My Games (gently caress knows how, maybe Steam sets up a temporary symlink or something). Consequently when I launched through Steam I'd get an older save then when I launched from the task bar. Very confusing indeed. I've now stopped launching it from the task bar and moved the correct save into the correct place, so now I'm just missing a few steam achievements that I got when it wasn't running through Steam. Any chance something like this has happened to you?

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/games/250900/announcements/detail/228886519673853693

Hm, this is definitely the source of my issues. gently caress, I bet the steam cloud overwrote this new location before I could back it up. Whatever I backed up from My Games isn't being taken by the game -- maybe because it's incompatible? It just shows up as a 0% complete game. Sigh.

Thanks for the help.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

On the Chest with my last heart, reach a fairly open room and think, huh, no enemies, that's weird. Move forward to investigate and Pin suddenly leaps out and hits me.

My first ever Pin death. :negative:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Never seen the quad Pin room before, huh?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Just got to the Dark Room for the first time.

D10 isn't very useful anymore :gonk:

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Got to boss rush with The Lost with a pretty good build, killed by Monstro 2's brimstone from offscreen. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
so

i got ipecac, right

then i got stuff like pentagram, the pact, all that jazz, good stuff

then i get monstros lung without recognizing what it was at first
ok this build is cumbersome but powerful, i might kill myself accidentally
on the devil room after mom's foot i build guppy, ok cool
boss rush, eve's mascara, which gives you even more damage up

while im trying to kill stuff, I notice enemies for some reason just never showed up at all

turns out my flies are literally one hit killing everythign

I didn't even see the carrion queen.

and it's true, a single fly killed the bloat, a single fly took death from one phase, and the other killed it outright.
im gonna record the mom heart fight because i imagine it won't last more than 10 seconds