Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That's a digital tire inflator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

MRC48B posted:

I'm going with ATF, given the dispenser on the ground.

That's a digital tire fill valve.

E: FB :argh:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Officer 12 Inch?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

MRC48B posted:

I'm going with ATF, given the dispenser on the ground.

Enough suspense already. Cough up a story, even if it is "I spilled trans fluid and took a cool pic"

I sqeezed out a bunch of red battery sealant into my hand and squeezed it and flicked to see if I could fool any body :v:

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

BlackMK4 posted:

That's a digital tire inflator.

Hose-reel fluid dispensers can look almost identical. At ten feet, the only difference may be the tip. (:quagmire:)

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related

Blew an artery 3 weeks back while working on the house. When the doc tells you to take it easy after having much of your nose flayed, listen and take it easy.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Automotive Insanity > Post Pictures of Horrible Cardiovascular Failures

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

The Orange Mage posted:

Automotive Insanity > Post Pictures of Horrible Cardiovascular Failures

From V10s with too low oil pressure, to meatpopcicles with too much oil pressure.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I love that people's first reaction to their injury is "gotta get a picture of this". :v:

Not making fun of anyone in particular because I do it too.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Yep, I've got a couple of those in the phone.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I always liked whoever posted the picture of a fingernail hanging off of a jagged chunk of rust.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Speaking of jagged chunks of rust...

Here's a very hosed subaru wheel bearing. It was LOUD at around 43mph, sounded like a bandsaw going through sheet aluminum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZj37_HcrdA

Time for the test drive, hope I didn't flatten the new ones with the press accidentally because this one sure isn't going back in! :v:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I always liked whoever posted the picture of a fingernail hanging off of a jagged chunk of rust.

Sympathy wince just from reading this post and remembering the pic. Ow.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kastein posted:

Here's a very hosed subaru wheel bearing. It was LOUD at around 43mph, sounded like a bandsaw going through sheet aluminum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZj37_HcrdA

Time for the test drive, hope I didn't flatten the new ones with the press accidentally because this one sure isn't going back in! :v:

Bearings allow for rotation between two parts, the parts are still rotating, bearings are fine. :colbert:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

One of my pics is a toe that donated the nail to a lawnmower.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

To add to the photos of "i just wounded myself" I also have a few like this that start with "this part is hosed!"

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

kastein posted:

Here's a very hosed subaru wheel bearing. It was LOUD at around 43mph, sounded like a bandsaw going through sheet aluminum
I bet the one I just took to the shop sounds similar to this when it gets pulled out. It was making a sound that I would compare to being inside a flying B17.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I have a dashcam, and had it running this morning on the way to work... will have to get video of the same speed/section of highway tomorrow morning and do a before/after comparison. It's quite literally night and day, I can now hear the fact that my passenger front door's weatherstripping isn't contacting the rocker panel. Didn't even know that before.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Got to watch some girls rev their Fiat Punto with "epic sound" after the exhaust failed. The first thing they did was make a video while revving it hard next door. Do these people not realize that their car is broken?

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I think that was me. Was it this picture?

http://i.imgur.com/xXuJXG9.jpg

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

kastein posted:

I have a dashcam, and had it running this morning on the way to work... will have to get video of the same speed/section of highway tomorrow morning and do a before/after comparison. It's quite literally night and day, I can now hear the fact that my passenger front door's weatherstripping isn't contacting the rocker panel. Didn't even know that before.

You mean the constant wind noise isn't supposed to be there?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Biscuit Joiner posted:

Hahahahuahaha
Oh
God
Ew
Yes

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Biscuit Joiner posted:

I think my brain is preventing me from comprehending this picture to spare me the trauma.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008
Here is the original post,

Biscuit Joiner posted:

The Harbor Freight tool chat from a few pages back reminded me of why I stopped using cheap lovely tools.

I was removing the rear bumper from a rusted out S10 when my ratchet broke causing my hand to hit some sharp rusty metal and ripped my fingernail off.

This was a day or two later
:nms:http://i.imgur.com/lQiQXs2.jpg :nms:

After leaving the hospital I wondered where my fingernail was.
Found it

A high quality tool is much cheaper than a $3000 hospital bill.

I usually try to avoid going to the hospital but I was worried about rusty metal embedded in my finger and I couldn't remember the last time I had a Tetanus shot. I wrapped a shop towel around it and drove myself to the hospital, of course my car is manual transmission.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Boobs!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

look at the set of inflatables on her!
Motorboating would be dangerous though.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My buddy said the nail reminded him of a smiling turtle.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

SEKCobra posted:

Got to watch some girls rev their Fiat Punto with "epic sound" after the exhaust failed. The first thing they did was make a video while revving it hard next door. Do these people not realize that their car is broken?

Hey, revving your car when the exhaust is off and pretending it's some flavor of badass is a time-honored tradition. :colbert:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Splizwarf posted:

Hey, revving your car when the exhaust is off and pretending it's some flavor of badass is a time-honored tradition. :colbert:

Better than strapping a fart can to it.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Sometimes I wish my car was a little bit louder. The muffler rusted out and fell off my old car and it was pretty sweet the week before I got it fixed.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The PO's lovely hose-clamped exhaust fell off my Blazer one day. Sounded pretty sweet, but it was also fairly noxious so I had my coworker just weld it back up.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Fucknag posted:

The PO's lovely hose-clamped exhaust fell off my Blazer one day. Sounded pretty sweet, but it was also fairly noxious so I had my coworker just weld it back up.

My blazer's been running straight out of the catalytic converter for a year now. That 4.3 TBI sounds mean. I need to get the new exhaust welded on for inspection soon, but that means grinding off the PO's duckshit welds from the remnants of the old exhaust in an unheated garage.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Mine didn't even have a cat, it had been cut and straight-piped, straight into a Flowmaster and dumping in front of the axle.

And yeah, its SBC heritage really shows when it's unmuffled.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Fucknag posted:

Mine didn't even have a cat, it had been cut and straight-piped, straight into a Flowmaster and dumping in front of the axle.

And yeah, its SBC heritage really shows when it's unmuffled.

Even with just straight pipe to a cheap muffler (Dynamax? or something?) it sounds fantastic when you hammer on it. I'm sad to see my blazer go, but mini trucks suck in kansas.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Fifty Three posted:

I think my brain is preventing me from comprehending this picture to spare me the trauma.

I had to read the entire original post to grasp that that wasn't a piece of gauze on the metal...

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I had open headers on my Volvo 240 for a short while.
It still sounded lame as gently caress.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Have you heard the open header videos of the v8 S80? It's violent :allears:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Cakefool posted:

Have you heard the open header videos of the v8 S80? It's violent :allears:

Oh yeah it's absolutely beautiful.

:ninja:Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvKVtPTufuI

Edit:
I think you're referring to this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Vh0eidjUg

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Isn't that what it's designed to do?