Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Electronaut posted:

RIP Scout Fucker 3000.

Dr. Dos posted:

I'm so loving excited that the loch n load now also has an incorrect number of chambers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Time for a LnL model edit, block the lower tube and add a pump to it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nah add a third chamber for added sillyness

Does anyone have a link to the new festive/community items? I want to look at them and pictures are not showing in the thread for some reason

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

bowmore posted:

Does anyone have a link to the new festive/community items? I want to look at them and pictures are not showing in the thread for some reason
http://www.trade.tf/items/updates

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

bowmore posted:

Nah add a third chamber for added sillyness

Maybe opening it in another tab will help?

Here's the cosmetic link again: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=440&browsesort=accepted&browsefilter=accepted&p=1

Magypsy posted:

It sucks that the new cosmetics are limited again, nobody likes those. I can't wait to try out the Demo changes tomorrow though!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

New gamemode really puts the I in Team

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Jesus, Baby Face's Blaster + Strength rune can really wreck faces, especially if you can monopolize the Quad Crit powerup.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

New gamemode really puts the I in Team

As it should be.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Kins posted:

Jesus, Baby Face's Blaster + Strength rune can really wreck faces, especially if you can monopolize the Quad Crit powerup.

Strength by itself is enough for that, you do insane damage even with poo poo weapons like the SMG.

I think strength also removes damage drop off, or at least it seems to because I was getting 90+ damage shots from really far off.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007
Anyone else's graphics hosed up?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
So the new shotgun takes a while to load up four shells and then fires them....consecutively.

:negative:

I should have assumed that.

pisshead posted:

Anyone else's graphics hosed up?

Do you mean spawn gates flickering sometimes and spawning halfway into the floor? 'cause yeah.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Jose Mengelez posted:

Do you mean spawn gates flickering sometimes and spawning halfway into the floor? 'cause yeah.

No I mean my whole game having awful pastel colours. See the screenshot I posted below.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like the new gamemode.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

pisshead posted:

No I mean my whole game having awful pastel colours. See the screenshot I posted below.

I cant see any screenshot, do you have the pyrovision goggles equipped?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mabels big day posted:

I like the new gamemode.

it needs a shitload of balance, but i suppose that's what beta status is for

otherwise: pretty cool, and should be cooler if they work out ways to keep the crazy poo poo crazy while not enabling any single class to be practically unparalleled

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

pisshead posted:

I don't think they've done any of the lighting for the beta maps.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It's crazy imbalanced but it's also the first time in the history of the game that CTF has been fun, so at least there's that. The Heavy should probably move slower while grappling or something to that effect. Less health for vampirism/warlock would be nice, too.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Played for a bit tonight as demo. Loch is still dangerous; it's not owning scouts in one shot but with 124 damage even shooting them once is enough to get most low health classes to run off. The iron bomber is a lot of fun to use too; the grenade balls make a satisfying thunk as they are shot out and they basically stay where they land. Great for making choke points.

I usually run loch targe and caber; switched the loch for the bomber for a bit. 500 ducks to go til level 20.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I keep getting a really annoying error. Something about not being VAC Secure. I've done all the stuff it says on their website but I keep getting it. I can play fine for like 30 minutes and then I'm not allowed on any server anywhere.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Gave my little brother my unusual last night.

Feels good

Only three days and already another Unusual. Hot drat.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RareAcumen posted:

Only three days and already another Unusual. Hot drat.

gabe knew

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Peanut President posted:

I keep getting a really annoying error. Something about not being VAC Secure. I've done all the stuff it says on their website but I keep getting it. I can play fine for like 30 minutes and then I'm not allowed on any server anywhere.

Uninstall your aimbot.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

pisshead posted:

Uninstall your aimbot.

I need that for my airblast headshots though.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007
I decided to reward Valve for releasing content than is gameplay related and actually really fun, and bought some keys for the winter crates. Guess what I got? Absolutely jack poo poo. I don't know what I expected.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Well this update seems fun, hopefully I'll be able to get on tonight. Without having played it at all the demo nerf looks far more reasonable and well thought out than the previous one and the new weapons look interesting.

How big is the beta update to get the new modes?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

mabels big day posted:

I like the new gamemode.

Unreal Fortress Arena 2014

You're controlling powerups instead of... powerups and weapons, but I think the parallel still applies.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Dec 23, 2014

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Any game that draws inspiration from the grappling hook and powerup shenanigans of Agent Under Fire is a good game, now all TF2 needs is remote-controlled tanks and helicopters from Nightfire and it's basically perfect

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What's the chance of getting a Festive weapon in a naughty crate?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Festive, 100%. Strange Festive, something like 5%? Idk, used to be around 20%.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Aaah, the grappling hook, I haven't seen that since Quake 1. Actually that list of powerups looks familiar. Goddamit where did I put my cosmetics I used to make the soldier look like quake guy??

Also that new shotgun can by used by Heavy, Soldier, Pyro and Engie! It is basically the beggars bazooka shotgun, you load up 4 shells, as soon as the 4th is in it fires, so the moment your third shell is in you better be aiming at your target. The health related spread is an interesting gimmick, however, the spread gets way too wide and by the time you have so little health you wanna take advantage of the fast shooting, it's useless outside of melee range anyway so just use your pointy stick or big rock.

It might be fun for fat scout, or perhaps chaos engy, but the existing alternative shotguns for all classes are kinda too good to use this much.

edit: However an escape plan + panic gimmick might be fun, run up behind people, then unload 4 shells into their butt at close range.

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 23, 2014

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
I gave three naughty crates and a bunch of nice crates to a guy in a Valve pub, since I wasn't going to do anything with them, and he unboxed two Festive SMGs and one Strange Festive SMG. What are the odds on that? :classiclol:

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
OH GOD MY TABLES

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
HEAVY HAS NO NEED FOR TABLES

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Any ideas what the Exceedingly Rare Special Item inside Naughty crates is? Nice crates specifically state that the rare item is an Unusual.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Woo! First key, first kill.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

pisshead posted:

They still haven't fixed the short circuit.

How is it broken?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Is there a quick & easy way to get the new demo weps, like you can with scrap.tf yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'm irrationally angry that with the LnL having three pipes "Loch, stock and two smoking barrels" isn't the perfect name for a LnL any more.

I guess the model still has two barrels but..

• Locked thread