Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Golden Bee posted:

I always wondered how many Harmontowns someone could listen to in a week. Back when they'd release out of town eps (on tour 1 or the small tour 2), I fonud one was enough for a week+. But people always tell me they listened to the whole back catalog in a few weeks and it seems insane.

I did this to catch up to them going on tour and it was fun while I was stuck in traffic in LA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
I listen to 7-10 episodes of Harmontown a week (I'm up to episode 70 in my catch up, and have been listening to new episodes since that show in Portland a few months back) sometimes 2 or even 3 in a day. The only time I start to burn out or need to take a break is when Dan raps for way too long, when Erin twists the show to be about some garbage feeling she's having because she and Dan can't communicate like normal people, or when Adam Goldberg comes up on stage.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

if it makes you feel better Erin rarely shows up anymore and Dan doesn't rap really either.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Ok listened to this weeks episode today and Goldberg is the reason we had that long boring social justice rant from Dan. He derailed them and Dan picked the topic back up to break the silence.

Adam you spaz, don't do that anymore.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Who even is Adam Goldberg?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

toanoradian posted:

Who even is Adam Goldberg?

I think he's in that show fargo.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Evil Agita posted:

Ok listened to this weeks episode today and Goldberg is the reason we had that long boring social justice rant from Dan. He derailed them and Dan picked the topic back up to break the silence.

Adam you spaz, don't do that anymore.
You really think dan needed adam to do that?

gold b is alright. We are all gold b and we are all dan harmon, except that fedora girl that told that dude he didn't have a gilrfriend: she is not one of us. Dan went on a rant for like 20 minutes about how lena dunham did nothing wrong, or that bitcoin is cool.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Unfortunately, far too few of us are Jeff. Cool, witty, good looking, and open to new experiences... :sigh:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

umalt posted:

Unfortunately, far too few of us are Jeff. Cool, witty, good looking, and open to new experiences... :sigh:
Oh wait, im definatley jeff

jeff has some obvious narricism poo poo going on and probably some wierd stuff deep down under that exterior. him and harmon are such a good pair, its some odd couple stuff

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Evil Agita posted:

Ok listened to this weeks episode today and Goldberg is the reason we had that long boring social justice rant from Dan.

Dan is the reason there was a Lena Dunam rant from Dan. I redirect positively sometimes (as in "Tyler Perry's Anti-Semitic Pickle Ziggurat") but most of the crowd just sits on their hands when he goes off, because he's a millionaire whose name is in the show.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Golden Bee posted:

Dan is the reason there was a Lena Dunam rant from Dan. I redirect positively sometimes (as in "Tyler Perry's Anti-Semitic Pickle Ziggurat") but most of the crowd just sits on their hands when he goes off, because he's a millionaire whose name is in the show.

Hey Adam? I don't hate you. Sometimes I even appreciate that you bring a certain something to the show at times. But I do absolutely get why other people hate you. That being said, since I have a direct line to you on here, I would like to preemptively take this opportunity to tell you to go gently caress yourself.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
I don't mind Goldberg myself. He's a hell of a lot more interesting a "recurring character" than Siike is. If we had to have one "obnoxious" crowd member, I'd rather it be Goldberg than most of the other recent "from the audience" guests (like that aforementioned San Francisco show), because at least Goldberg sometimes seems to have something weird going on. :shrug:

I think if we separated the weird off-again-on-again adventures of Goldberg (his brothers, his (one-time?) roommate, his being involved in a Sharknado ripoff, getting a cast, etc.) from Harmontown, it would be all the worse for it.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Dec 19, 2014

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
The other weird one time people have been interesting because they have been just that, one time. I'd much rather have a guy with an obnoxious laugh in one episode and some weird racist rant from some other guy 15 episodes later. I don't want someone interrupting every single loving episode that takes place in LA.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
I would totally listen to a Goldberg podcast.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That Sike guy sounded a lot more reasonable this time. The first time I heard him, it seemed to me that he was saying "Harmontown inspired me to go off my meds, which may kill me but whatever, gotta be creative, ya know?"

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
To be fair I don't always hate adam, just this last episode since the derailment caused the rant to start back up. Anyone is better than siike. sikh? whatever. he needs to go away forever.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Golden Bee posted:

I redirect positively sometimes
just get your own loving podcast

or maybe now that they're posting the video feed every week you could shut up while you're there, then go home and record a commentary track for anyone who gives a poo poo about your hilarious and insightful comments

Golden Bee posted:

but most of the crowd just sits on their hands when he goes off, because he's a millionaire whose name is in the show.
yeah man look at all those lame-rear end pawns who aren't constantly interrupting the people they came to see talk for 90 minutes

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Dec 19, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Illinois Smith posted:

just get your own loving podcast

The fact that anyone can make a podcast doesn't mean that anyone should make a podcast.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Give Irish Joe and Goldberg their own podcast, so Joe can rant about hating Lena Dunham and Goldberg can interrupt him while the rest of us have an easy way to ignore both of you.

Autism speaks - every thursday 9PM PST iTunes | RSS

207-563-5532
Oct 20, 2004
If the podcast allows an open forum then that's their call, if they think its disruptive they'll do something about it.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
If they really hated it, maybe they wouldn't give him a shoutout thanks at the end of the show. I find the open hostility amusing though.

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
I gotta be honest, I barely understand what goes on during Harmontown with the number of random audience members going up and everything. It's just now dawning on me that Adam Goldberg was just one particular audience member. No opinion on him, because in general I have a hard time telling who's who beyond Dan, Jeff, and, well, notable comedians. The moment a random audience member comes up I kinda tune out because it tends to be a lot of so-so jokes and Dan being terrible at attempting to be politically correct. I barely remember a handicapped person of some sort going up once in the past and Dan was so awkward about trying to be PC that it started to feel offensive.

Also if we're gonna have boring preachy parts about women not being treated right in society, could we at least once get a woman saying it? This doesn't apply just to Harmontown, but it seems to happen a lot now. And it's always a total dude.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The point of Harmontown was/is to rehabilitate Dan's image after his firing from Community (remember, when he worked on Community he was best known for being difficult, abusive and drunk). Everything he does and says is in service to that goal, which is why he takes ridiculous positions on race, sex and whatever. He's not trying to make rational arguments or express a coherent position; he's trying to get people to like him. The problem is that a pathetic, fat, drunken idiot screaming "gently caress da police!" isn't entertaining to anyone and Dan isn't enough of an endearing personality to carry a show like that. He needs to be funny to be likable, and a lot of the times he simply isn't.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
I'm not sure much of what you said makes sense or why you're annoyed.

These last two episodes were alright.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Giggs posted:

I'm not sure much of what you said makes sense or why you're annoyed.

These last two episodes were alright.

Hint: He's Irish Joe

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Irish Joe posted:

The point of Harmontown was/is to rehabilitate Dan's image after his firing from Community (remember, when he worked on Community he was best known for being difficult, abusive and drunk). Everything he does and says is in service to that goal, which is why he takes ridiculous positions on race, sex and whatever. He's not trying to make rational arguments or express a coherent position; he's trying to get people to like him. The problem is that a pathetic, fat, drunken idiot screaming "gently caress da police!" isn't entertaining to anyone and Dan isn't enough of an endearing personality to carry a show like that. He needs to be funny to be likable, and a lot of the times he simply isn't.

so stop listening, you loving lunatic

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe

Irish Joe posted:

lmao

braveplan
May 1, 2013

Irish Joe posted:

This isn't the "poo poo on Dan and friends weekly" thread. If you want that then make a separate thread so we don't have to read your dumb posts.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

yrreg posted:

so we don't have to read your dumb posts.

there's an ignore button, just use it if you don't want to see his posts? not that complicated

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

yrreg posted:

This isn't the "poo poo on Dan and friends weekly" thread. If you want that then make a separate thread so we don't have to read your dumb posts.

207-563-5532 posted:

If the forum allows an open forum then that's their call, if they think its disruptive they'll do something about it.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

The Berzerker posted:

there's an ignore button, just use it if you don't want to see his posts? not that complicated

I've had Irish Joe on ignore for months now, and I recommend it to anyone who wants a less lovely thread.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Except ya know the live show started before he was fired.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Except ya know the live show started before he was fired.

I was specifically referring to the podcast, which debuted shortly after a tidal wave of bad press about Harmon.

I know people get upset when I point out the obvious, but seriously, why do you think every c-list comedian has his own "free" podcast nowadays? Its all about image control and marketing. Some guys just want to get their names out there and others, like Dan, want to reshape their public image. Don't be so naive as to think they're making these podcasts out of the goodness of their loving hearts you rubes.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Fight the power! Don't you see how I, the guy who dislikes the comedians podcast, is better than you, the plebian sheeple

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

You rubes

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
My eyes have been opened thank you Irish Joe for enlightening me to the fact that unheard of comedians are making podcasts in an attempt to market themselves! This changes my entire view of podcasting it's a sham consider me unsubscribed!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Harmontown is $5 on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/movies/details/Harmontown?id=XQSfOmJbnSY

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Jesus Christ, Harmon. You just had a month off for your wedding and now you're taking another month off for what, nothing?

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Irish Joe posted:

Jesus Christ, Harmon. You just had a month off for your wedding and now you're taking another month off for what, nothing?

What lazy fucks. I hate when my free entertainment takes breaks around their weddings and holidays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Yes, "free" entertainment that's $6.99 on Google Play, and $19.95 a month at Harmontown.com.