Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The one with Rapid Fire is called Reckless. I was watching a streamer use it today and it just melts people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mill Village posted:

The one with Rapid Fire is called Reckless. I was watching a streamer use it today and it just melts people.

That's the one I've been using. I find it more reliable than the +2 Accuracy Range variant.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 23, 2014

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Spoon Man posted:

I couldn't have held up the rear without you, Mommy Bloat.

I should change my name to Zombie Boat

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Cobol.. was it you who I kept buttslamming on accident the other day?

And me as well, on four separate occasions.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Are are a lot of you guys still playing on PS4 ? Had to take a break from games because of finals.

spencer for hire
Jan 27, 2006

we just want to dance here, someone stole the stage
they call us irresponsible, write us off the page

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Are are a lot of you guys still playing on PS4 ? Had to take a break from games because of finals.

I just started playing a few weeks ago and the PS4 clan doesn't seem too active. There were maybe 5 or 6 people on for the last clan war? I'll be off and on over the next few weeks in between holiday stuff. psn:spancypantz

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
So did we get anything for winning that clan war?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

I've been playing other poo poo but am happy to shoot mans. If you see me on playing something else send me an invite, I'll switch because with the exception of HCKC I don't like playing solo and if I do log on and nobody's playing then I go play something else.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

DJCobol posted:

So did we get anything for winning that clan war?

Unless the app is bugging out again, we're back up to Platinum division! Looking forward to the next clan war (3 days from now) where we all fail to take nodes and go back to Bronze.

Edit: we have also earned a bunch of clan tokens I guess, but they don't do anything yet.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Nighthand posted:

Unless the app is bugging out again, we're back up to Platinum division! Looking forward to the next clan war (3 days from now) where we all fail to take nodes and go back to Bronze.

Edit: we have also earned a bunch of clan tokens I guess, but they don't do anything yet.

Is there a way to convert clan tokens to bitcoin?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

I'll be on over the break for a little bit and hopefully slaying some Christmas pubbies. Left my headset at home though so I'll be quiet but I listen to others for teamwork purposes! PSN: BrownThunder85

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
Merry Christmas all, and to those who aren't Christian, Happy Holidays. Gonna be on the road visiting family so no shotmans for me til Friday.

Mascot out.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Nighthand posted:

Map for the North Pole Clan War.

Sniper in Santa's Workshop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baFmgjwptic

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Ovenbaked Muffin has made a video analyzing this game's netcode. Its about 15 minutes long, so I'll give the TLDR version. Basically, the netcode is bad, dedicated servers are (somehow) worse then player-based hosts, and their lag compensation is broken (because you have to guess whether or not to fire where they were or where they're going).

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
"That atrocity MW3"

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

The Merry Marauder posted:

"That atrocity MW3"

The last fun COD.
RIP
:911:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
For the most part this game plays quite well for me. Though with a ranked playlist they should probably just remove SBMM from normal unranked games entirely. If I remember correctly his Blops 2 netcode video was also pretty critical and that game is great.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Javes posted:

For the most part this game plays quite well for me. Though with a ranked playlist they should probably just remove SBMM from normal unranked games entirely. If I remember correctly his Blops 2 netcode video was also pretty critical and that game is great.

Yup. "by no means does this better gameplay mean good gameplay, merely less bad"

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

"That atrocity MW3"

He also got in a jab at the Ubisoft "30 FPS is more cinematic" statement, so he's just swinging for the fences on this one.

It's amazing to see what you guys have coming at you with this game. Battlefield people just spent the better part of the last year dealing with some of what we considered to be the worst connections and netcode issues in the franchise and only recently were they fixed. Still, they were nothing like what this guy was showing off. I hope the old BOYS crew isn't suffering from this too often.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Lazyfire posted:

he's just swinging for the fences on this one.

"Ghosts has rekindled my love for the series." "the smoothest, most responsive, and quite simply the best feeling FPS gameplay I have experienced in years"

Lazyfire posted:

Battlefield people just spent the better part of the last year dealing with some of what we considered to be the worst connections and netcode issues in the franchise and only recently were they fixed. Still, they were nothing like what this guy was showing off.

I dunno, I think the mutual deaths in BF were more annoying. That game can swallow a lot of lag issues because of bullet travel time (i.e. you are already leading the target).

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
The connections have been fine for since I unlocked the Mountain Dew pants and when Marauder doesn't host and the host isn't from India or Mexico. I'm very surprised that I haven't been placed with anybody from Japan yet as that used to happen quite often playing Black Ops 1 and 2, although I may well have been but you can't see where people are from unless they have it in their bio or have some other giveaway.

I think it's the matchmaking which is more hosed up than the netcode this time around as there is no way that when I decide to play by myself should I ever be placed into a lobby where 3/4 of the players are from India.

"Ghosts has rekindled my love for the series." "the smoothest, most responsive, and quite simply the best feeling FPS gameplay I have experienced in years"

I don't want to watch a 15 minute review, but is this something that was actually said?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Nighthand posted:

Is that what that "My Bank" thing is?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I don't want to watch a 15 minute review, but is this something that was actually said?

He said that in his network analysis of Ghosts. He hated MW3 and BLOPS 2.

One other thing I forget to mention from his AW video is that he talks about how Ghosts fixed a bug in COD where bullets will occasionally count as blanks, hence why people die so fast compared to previous games (the gun damage is in line with previous CODS). AW does not have this "fix." It does gun damage like BLOPS 2 where there are occasional variables.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'm not going to watch the damned thing, but is he actually checking code, or just replaying video over and over again?

"That atrocity MW3"

Fully agree with this statement. :hfive:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

There's programs you can get for your computer that can check internet usage. He also relies on volunteers to help him check various situations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, I decided to watch it anyway. It was interesting.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
Probably going to play the poo poo out of this later after I get done driving through life-threatening weather conditions to exchange gifts with people I don't like.

Oh and my girlfriend's son is among the masses of xmas pubbies. So proud of the little dude.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I can only assume there will be a double xp weekend

I tried to play yesterday but PSN was all hosed from the ddos or w/e dudes :/

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Christoff posted:

I can only assume there will be a double xp weekend

I tried to play yesterday but PSN was all hosed from the ddos or w/e dudes :/
Yeah I can't shoot children because of goddamn hackers. Those bastards ruined everything.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

According to Microsoft, everything on Xbox Live is fine except the Maxim app, the MLG.TV app, the IGN app and the ability to sign in.

Of course since you can't sign in you can't do anything else so it's not like that matters.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I played a shitload of games at my dads and have changed my mind about this game, I'm probably going to buy it and steadily grow to hate it, like every year. Merry Christmas

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I played a shitload of games at my dads and have changed my mind about this game, I'm probably going to buy it and steadily grow to hate it, like every year. Merry Christmas

N.... no :(

:negative:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Finally.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I picked a great time to start playing this game on Xbone. :allears:

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

Next to nobody plays anymore. Save your moon bucks for next years disappointment that even less people will play.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Wanted to play this last night only to find that someone stole my game disc. Welp.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

puppy party posted:

Next to nobody plays anymore. Save your moon bucks for next years disappointment that even less people will play.

You and me who else do people need?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Wanted to play this last night only to find that someone stole my game disc. Welp.

it was the hackers i bet

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Zombie Boat posted:

You and me who else do people need?

If you didnt keep showing up offline I would play with you more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I don't know why I'm always offline for you. Invite me anyway though.

• Locked thread