Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

yeah because they can still engage in epic cuckery for the win

e: also you can use the console to go through every single landed character in the game and manually disband their levies so what's the big deal champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

"it is not a major problem that the AI is unable to declare war" - games thread

remember when they said they'd have an open beta of way of life so they'd be able to find and fix any major bugs?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sleeping with claimants and poo poo is epic powerful though...I had my doge revenge gently caress his rival's wife and he duelled me to death even though he was like 75 and my dude was about 30.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Sleeping with claimants and poo poo is epic powerful though...I had my doge revenge gently caress his rival's wife and he duelled me to death even though he was like 75 and my dude was about 30.

doge

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cut that poo poo out.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ohh, Italian merchant princes are called Doge in CK2, just like that meme!!!111!! gently caress off.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The Games thread is completely ok with WoL having a bug that renders almost every AI nation completely incapable of declaring aggressive wars.

its the only way they can feel safe playing somewhere that isnt ireland

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
On top of this bug, I just had my son die and now literally every ruler in the world is hostile to me. Not at war or raiding, but they can attack me and I can attack them.

Computer, display main vein of AIDS. On screen. Enhance.

Zeron posted:

You mean the problem that only affects the AI and that you'll only really notice if you know to look for it or you play for several hundred years and notice that the AI has been way too docile and figure it's not just an oddball game? Yeah sure 5 minutes of playing totally would have fixed that.

I mean I get that you're upset that there's a bug, but seriously it's not like it's an awful horrible thing for them to take a goddamn vacation. At least with paradox you can trust that there will eventually be a patch, plenty of companies(and to be fair the less popular paradox games) will introduce a major bug and then just never fix it. The sheer number of patches and content that's been added to CK2 ever since it's release allows me to forgive them for some minor problems and not bitch and moan at them constantly every time they get something wrong(which occurs frequently because it turns out constantly changing and adding things can cause other things to break! Who knew?)..

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 30, 2014

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

why is ireland so powerful anyways

ive never played as them

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
They aren't that powerful, its just an island of divided counties that a player would have no trouble rolling over one after another. You'd be the most powerful force on it after one war.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Average Bear posted:

They aren't that powerful, its just an island of divided counties that a player would have no trouble rolling over one after another. You'd be the most powerful force on it after one war.

oh, okay.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The Games thread is completely ok with WoL having a bug that renders almost every AI nation completely incapable of declaring aggressive wars.

i dunno man... i don't see it in my game...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
early on in this thread, i posted an ireland game where i had a finger in the pie of every region of the world except india and francia.

ireland is loving boring and stupid easy because after you conquer ireland, the AI is too retarded to ever attack you even though you are vastly weaker than every nearby kingdom. so the fucktarded Games thread whiner-babies are free to mindlessly click upgrade on technology, holdings, and playing the 'fun' game of slowing marrying your way into every court in europe or trying to get a ruler that's 20+ in all stats. also, you get tanistry, which means its impossible to not inherit the highest-ranking title, because tanistry is literally baby mode where your heir changes to whoever is winning the vote. and because when you create titles, the laws get set to your current laws. so i had like 10 different kingdoms, all of which were ag-cog tanistry so the same person was always elected for all of them. i ended up only have vassal kings when i usupred a title and i couldn't change the laws before my ruler died.

tl;dr games thread is full of the stupid faggots they like to make fun of on the paradox forums and you should just hit random character three or four times and play that for an infintly more fun start than anything the thread will recommend

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 30, 2014

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

yeah the ai doesnt really know how to invade islands in ck2. and to make it even easier, its easy to transport huge armies across the sea in ck2. no navies, no naval attrition, transports can be created on-demand, etc. its way harder in eu4 because transports have a real cost to them, and can be sunk.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

although i've actually seen the golden horde invade iceland with a stack of like 50k, so i guess they can do it if they really want to.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EvilMike posted:

yeah the ai doesnt really know how to invade islands in ck2. and to make it even easier, its easy to transport huge armies across the sea in ck2. no navies, no naval attrition, transports can be created on-demand, etc. its way harder in eu4 because transports have a real cost to them, and can be sunk.

yeah pretty much this. i actually like the naval transports in ck2 way better than eu4, although i hate that you can't blockade or anything in ck2. why can't we just have a decision or something to shanghai your merchant navy for the cost of revolt risk and legitimacy/prestige a la england?

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

it used to be annoying in eu4 but i think its fine now, since it can be automated. you just click where you want to go and the ai takes over your transports (with whatever else they are stacked with) and ferries the units for you, until all of them get to the other side.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

EvilMike posted:

it used to be annoying in eu4 but i think its fine now, since it can be automated. you just click where you want to go and the ai takes over your transports (with whatever else they are stacked with) and ferries the units for you, until all of them get to the other side.

doesnt work so great for moving between provinces you own, because the troops walk out onto the water, then walk from the water to the land, taking attrition. it's still quicker to dock, attach, then dock again wherever you're going. ships move way quicker than the people.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Watch me Swoose right in!! :D Sora is so cute as donation reader!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Oh man... That was the wrong stickied thread.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

Oh man... That was the wrong stickied thread.

Lol.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

GreyPowerVan posted:

doesnt work so great for moving between provinces you own, because the troops walk out onto the water, then walk from the water to the land, taking attrition. it's still quicker to dock, attach, then dock again wherever you're going. ships move way quicker than the people.

also, if it has to split the troops into multiple armies to fit on the transports (more regiments than transports), it transports the smallest stack first

e.g., with 7 transports and 15k men, it'll transport 1k, then 7k, then 7k. not ideal!!!

also also sometimes it randomly breaks and your army is stuck running in place until you create a new army and transfer all of the original army's men out. kinda goofy, but ~that's our paradox~

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

lmfao

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

BBJoey posted:

wasn't paradox meant to have stopped releasing games/dlc with major game-breaking bugs in them then not patching? recently it feels like every dlc patch introduces a new major bug which is only fixed when the next buggy dlc comes out.

insanely enough theyre still better than pre-ck2

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Pewdiepie posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Is that some sort of localization bug or something? Oh I guess resulting from a custom kingdom? Since Jerusalem is still on there?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That's the format of republic family houses, so something got really hosed up at some point.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Not enough Victoria 2 in this thread.

I feel pretty good about my Siam game. I have more money than I know what to do with and I have the most powerful navy in the world. I sunk the Japanese fleet because why the gently caress not. The only lovely thing is that China modernized entirely so there are over a million westernized troops sitting at my doorstep.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

vicky 2 runs like poo poo on my pc... it can't scroll right on the screen and crashes all the time....

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

lol groogy's in denial about the levy thing

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fuligin posted:

He needs to be shot in the head with a captive bolt pistol.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Fuligin posted:

it's great to have devs read the thread, because you can tell them the bugs you encounter and they can tell you they don't exist

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I remember I uploaded an ironman save for dark renown and because he couldn't find what I was taking about I was wrong. I hate every single paradox Dev and my blood boils everytime i see them post.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
That groogy retard is a paradox dev? lmao that company is so loving screwed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
He's come around to accepting it's real I think