Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Devonaut posted:

Did people really not like solo bolo? Out yourselves here you numbskulls.

it was boring and felt like the whole episode was streching for time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I didn't care for it.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

ImPureAwesome posted:

it was boring and felt like the whole episode was streching for time

Aaaaaaand ten more minutes!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Devonaut posted:

I didn't like it.

I loved it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I didn't hate Solo Bolo, but it wouldn't come anywhere near my top 20 eps of the year.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm looking for a clip of the @Midnight technicality no down boo over, and seeing that show for the first time, yeesh!

It's the July 15, 2014 episode. PFT, MaryLynn Rajskub, and Scott Aukerman. It happens right at the end right before the credits.

It's real weird just seeing these two comedians shouting a catchphrase from a podcast at each other at the end of a show when the host is desperately trying to ignore it and read an autocue.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Eltoasto posted:

I didn't hate Solo Bolo, but it wouldn't come anywhere near my top 20 eps of the year.

Well I'm not sure it was my favorite last year but it's up there. What was your favorite of the year?

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Solo Bolo was fun but it was a bit much

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Devonaut posted:

Well I'm not sure it was my favorite last year but it's up there. What was your favorite of the year?

Thank you for asking! I'm a sucker for Gino the Intern so his eps with Ana Gasteyer and SXSWII are up there. Love Benny Schwaz with Horatio, and Jenny Slate. But favorite was Victor and Tiny, I will always lose my poo poo when the static cuts in on his podcast.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I'm just glad they recorded on two separate days so we got the cantina band scat twice.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Maybe it's just me, but for me, my favorites were Gino, Victor and Tiny, Claudia O'Doherty and the Calvin Twins. I'd have to look at the list of episodes again to nail it down, but there's easily ten episodes there.

Granted, Zouks and Daly are great but I liked Daly's work on his podcast more than the Oh Golly, You Devil duology. Especially the live finale for Aukerman character work. Dabney should host on Lapkus' podcast.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's crazy to me that the Natasha Lyonne one looks like it wont chart.

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

"Sorry I had to go back to Long Island, my uncle passed away"
"oh I'm sorry, what happened?"
"He was working a deli slicer, and, you know, slowly but surely"

one of my favorite lines from this year

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Devonaut posted:

Benny Shwarz is broey as hell.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Generally CBB related, from PFT's Instagram:

"Eight men out... of the 1990s. Maybe something new coming from the Mr. Show gang in the new year? #mrshow"

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!

LesterGroans posted:

"Eight men out... of the 1990s. Maybe something new coming from the Mr. Show gang in the new year? #mrshow"

I saw Brian and immediately though "Paulftees going to be on Nerd Poker?!"

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I super like Benny Schwass and remember wanting a solobolo, but man, that first clip of The Solo Bolo they played on the Best Of was kiiind of insufferable.

Skipped right through the loving hollywood facts too.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

VagueRant posted:

I super like Benny Schwass and remember wanting a solobolo, but man, that first clip of The Solo Bolo they played on the Best Of was kiiind of insufferable.

Skipped right through the loving hollywood facts too.

do you people actually enjoy this show

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Vague rant enjoys things, but only for the first time. It's weird, but since he's been posting here I'm sure the amount of repetition humour in CBB has gone WAY up.
e: like, it feels that within a fortnight of him discovering the show, they sang the same song 10 times.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Eltoasto posted:

Thank you for asking! I'm a sucker for Gino the Intern so his eps with Ana Gasteyer and SXSWII are up there. Love Benny Schwaz with Horatio, and Jenny Slate. But favorite was Victor and Tiny, I will always lose my poo poo when the static cuts in on his podcast.

Yeah Geno is my favorite recurring character right now.

LesterGroans posted:

Needs more Jerry Minor!

Devonaut fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 31, 2014

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

boxcarhobo posted:

do you people actually enjoy this show

no

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

wheres tom Kenny

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They're doing an a Mr. Show audio book. But that's been happening for six months at this point.

Benny Schwazz is a fine guest, but he's good bouncing off other people. So is Scott. So when they get together, it becomes mirror-on-mirror.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Judge Clayjar posted:

wheres tom Kenny

He moved to a pineapple under the sea so they wouldn't have to ship his huge piles of money so far.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

LockHeart posted:

I saw Brian and immediately though "Paulftees going to be on Nerd Poker?!"

I saw Brian and immediately thought "What is the titular character Aqualung from Jethro Tull's song Aqualung doing there?"

other than sitting on a park bench eyeing little girls with bad intent

Also what the loving gently caress is happening to this thread? Do you people not realize Bad Opinion Time is supposed to be an occasional thing?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Do you people not realize Bad Opinion Time is supposed to be an occasional thing?

I've only been reading this thread for two weeks and this is not the impression I got

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Congrats to Scott Aukerman for looking 15 years younger than everyone else.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I was at the lost PFT Polo Bolo live show that they talked about on the newest ep :smug:

I always thought it wasn't released because they were embarrassed about it (they apologized to the audience a bit about the guests dropping out), but it was a fun show. It was definitely a "PFT character best of," so don't feel too bad it was lost - it was really impressive to see him do all those characters in person, but nothing that hadn't been done on previous episodes.

I do hope they someday release the super weird live show they did Comic Con weekend that was primarily them making fun of the venue they were in. That one would probably be way less funny if you weren't there, but watching PFT and Jason Mantzoukas slowly lose their minds as a drummer sound-checked in the room above us was incredible :allears:

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

abraham linksys posted:

I do hope they someday release the super weird live show they did Comic Con weekend that was primarily them making fun of the venue they were in. That one would probably be way less funny if you weren't there, but watching PFT and Jason Mantzoukas slowly lose their minds as a drummer sound-checked in the room above us was incredible :allears:

That's actually out as one of the pay-to-listen 2014 live episodes recently released :)

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I hope Scott saying HOLD UP in the Nate Dogg voice becomes 2015's it's been awhile.

One day into 2015 and this is looking pretty good.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Finally catching up on the Best Ofs and I just hit Solo Bolo and I am loving dying that Scott used the "I want to gently caress Maggie Simpson" clip. C+ best clip of the year

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

One day into 2015 and this is looking pretty good.

I completely missed this. When does he say it?

Probably I could just relisten to this last best of and skip the clips, it can't be that long.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I completely missed this. When does he say it?

Probably I could just relisten to this last best of and skip the clips, it can't be that long.

He says it a bunch of times either before the reveal of #1 or after it. And then rightfully makes fun of PFT for not recognizing it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

e: wrong thread.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 2, 2015

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

She'll be coming around the mountain when they crucify my lord was my favorite moment of all four best-of's, holy poo poo

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

He says it a bunch of times either before the reveal of #1 or after it. And then rightfully makes fun of PFT for not recognizing it.

He did it once on the 3rd Best Of ep too, because I then proceeded to sing the rest of the nate dogg part in my car

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Horatio Sanz with Jim O'heir not being in the top 10 makes me angry.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

No Gino? This is an outrage!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bowser posted:

No Gino? This is an outrage!
"Tiny Cheeseburger Story" is easily one of my top 5 episodes of the year and it is shocking to me that it didn't make it into the countdown.

EDIT: Just listened to the final Best Of. "Tiny Cheeseburger Story" should have absolutely taken the place of "The Exorcism of Cake Boss". That episode is objectively inferior.

The lack of "Tiny Cheeseburger Story" and more Horatio Sanz episodes are my biggest problems with this years countdown, but oh well.

cams fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Countdown was fine - I tend to really enjoy the 'sequel' episodes but I would guess that the reason they tend to place highly on the 'Best Of's is just because they're pretty memorable and distinctive in comparison to the other episodes (for better or for worse). I know I loved every Horatio Sanz and Gabrus as Gino appearance this year, but I couldn't tell you many specific episodes they were on.

Scott and PFT chat was the highlight of the Countdown as always anyway - particularly loved them doing HoHo impressions, confirming his(?) status as the best new character in a long while.