Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Why is Thorin drowning in a giant puddle of lemsip whilst stoned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I remember coming upon a discussion where people tried to say "yeah that could happen the physics are sound."

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Lotish posted:

I remember coming upon a discussion where people tried to say "yeah that could happen the physics are sound."

You mean in the movie where arrows will drop you dead in one shot; a ring makes you actually invisible; and there's a fuckin' dragon and several fuckin' wizards?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

several fuckin' wizards?

hey im a gently caress wizard, we're a real thing ok

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Lotish posted:

That depends on his mass, the mass of the stones, and the force he's applying with his legs.
And magic elves.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

These movies cost significantly more to make than the LotR trilogy, AND make Ian McKellan cry. :(

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

thespaceinvader posted:

That was a dream sequence where he was imagining the solid gold floor swallowing him up.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Literally Esoteric posted:

That depends on his mass, the mass of the stones, and the force he's applying with his legs.
And magic elves.

Well we saw in Two Towers that he's literally lighter than snow, so it checks out.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
I don't care that he can do it, because he's an elf.

I do care that it looks like crap.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Lotish posted:

Well we saw in Two Towers that he's literally lighter than snow, so it checks out.

He doesn't actually need to be lighter than snow, just light enough that the pressure per surface area that his feet exert doesn't break a certain threshold.. Snowshoes work by the same principle.

:goonsay:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Perestroika posted:

He doesn't actually need to be lighter than snow, just light enough that the pressure per surface area that his feet exert doesn't break a certain threshold.. Snowshoes work by the same principle.

So magic then? Gotcha. I guess cats aren't magic though

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

What is this thing? Some sort of psychotic duck?!

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Ratjaculation posted:

What is this thing? Some sort of psychotic duck?!

:iiam:
:psyboom:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Perestroika posted:

So Elves have hobbit feet?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Perestroika posted:

How can you possibly :goonsay: and not point out that he referenced the wrong movie. For shame....

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm pretty sure he's just in a Milky Way commercial.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Lt. Chips posted:

How can you possibly :goonsay: and not point out that he referenced the wrong movie. For shame....

poo poo you're right :supaburn:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lol that article is hilariously awful to the point of intent.

CaptainDisillusion is the gold standard for debunking explanations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8sGTh7ZpoY

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

Lol that article is hilariously awful to the point of intent.

CaptainDisillusion is the gold standard for debunking explanations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8sGTh7ZpoY

Apparently Tumba Ping Pong Show watched his video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZZqaYgPrY0

the Buttocks!
Oct 12, 2010

Sharay posted:

You know what, I've actually thrown saw blades into wood targets before. It's really fun, and super easy to slice that chunk of skin between your thumb and forefinger.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

supposedly, he also later that evening tore his other quad while trying to walk out of the arena on his first torn quad to show everyone how tough he was. Vince McMahon is the greatest

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Sharay posted:

I don't get why you'd do the same trick twice and get lovely about it?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

KoRMaK posted:

That mask looks like the same one the driver wears in Drive, which bryan cranston was also in. Confuses me somtimes

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

My first time.gif

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
A young JFK defends against the demon, Communism?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

So here's the story of this mess, one of the funnier points in wrestling history. It was the 2005 Royal Rumble, where you eliminate wrestlers by throwing them over the top rope. John Cena (ol jortsy) and Batista (speedo-Drax) were the last two competitors. Batista was supposed to win by throwing Cena out, but he legitimately slipped and fell out over the top rope as well, and both hit the floor at the same time.

At the time, there was a brand split-- John Cena was on Smackdown, which has the blue refs, and Batista was on Raw, which had the striped refs. They improvised and had each brand call their guy the winner while they tried to figure out what the gently caress to do.

Vince spends each major event just off-stage, coaching commentary and instructing the refs during the shows. He wasn't scheduled to be on TV, so he hadn't warmed up or anything. He did his little angry storm out to the ring, ran up, slid in-- and tore one of his quads. So he just sat there staring everybody down trying to look authoritative, and ordered them to restart the match. Eventually, Batista hit some move and threw Cena out, managing to keep his dumb rear end in the ring this time.

Vince refused any help getting to the back, and blew his other quad before he made it backstage. It would've been sad if it hadn't been so funny.

a rad dink
May 28, 2006

take me to your peener

Praise the Guns

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Tarlach posted:

Praise the Guns

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

I don't get why you'd do the same trick twice and get lovely about it?

Someone showed how the trick was done. So they did it slightly (very slightly) better this time.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Captain Disillusion addresses it in one of his other videos by mentioning how they really showed him by using the same techniques again with the hindsight of what he'd shown, except at a lower video resolution to more easily disguise them.

That said, it's still a funny response on their part.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Teddybear posted:

Vince spends each major event just off-stage, coaching commentary and instructing the refs during the shows.
Apparently not too well!

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Lotish posted:

If magic exists, why not Aristotelian physics?

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Another unmasking.