Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Winner?
This poll is closed.
Dallas 32 14.88%
Green Bay 51 23.72%
Nazi Germany 75 34.88%
Khmer Rouge 57 26.51%
Total: 215 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx

old dog child posted:

Broncos Packers

revenge for sb xxxii :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Petite Dinklage posted:

I would unironically cheer for Romo if he was a Texan

and you are a bad poster and have wrong opinions but go ahead....

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
martin luther kings speech was actually powerful, but at no point did he do a football move before getting shot so separate fountains for everyone thanks

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

MourningView posted:

Outside of areas of player safety, allowing cool poo poo to happen should be the driving force behind every rule in every sport.

Allow All Celebrations

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Olivia Munn is going to get ripped in half tonight

Yeah Aaron Rodgers is totally hitting that on the reg and is not, in fact, an amiable football robot with doll parts.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

nerve posted:

he absolutely sounds like a goblin, wow

And he looks like a horse.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Also I don't think going to the ground is an unnecessary rule but it is an overextended rule and combined with the lack of objective criteria on the 'football move' in the rulebook leads to a lot of bullshit

I was under the impression they got rid of the 'football move' (at least in the definition) a few years ago. Wasn't really paying attention past the 'oh poo poo' part of the ref's explanation or to Periera, did either of them bring it up?

e: like they got rid of the football move in the language and actually made everything harder to understand somehow, I could swear we were all complaining about it at some point.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Lmao.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
TFF:

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

I just want cool football celebrations to come back god dammit

TeeMerk posted:

look at this clown

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Should have watched a Grey's Anatomy marathon instead, IMO.

I only watched that show once and they blew up Coach Taylor, so gently caress them

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

sweet thursday posted:

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the quality of the football move, but by the content of its badassery

same

add the Ball So Hard clause to the rules

KNew
Sep 16, 2007

Yu does not care for puns

illcendiary posted:

I think I'm just cheering for the entire AFC really

This

Let Ware get a ring I guess

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

johnny sack posted:

I was wondering this same thing, and I agree that in this hypothetical scenario, that would have been called a touchdown but it wasn't because it never broke the plane.

Nope remember Calvin was in the end zone when he got hosed by the rule

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

TeeMerk posted:

Woah woah woah, what brought this upon me?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Big Bob Pataki posted:

martin luther kings speech was actually powerful, but at no point did he do a football move before getting shot so separate fountains for everyone thanks

hall of fame post

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Petite Dinklage posted:

Allow All Celebrations

unironically the most important of rule changes to be made imo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MourningView posted:

I only watched that show once and they blew up Coach Taylor, so gently caress them

I.........what?

Isn't it a medical show?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Come on, Jason. Get yourself fined; it's worth it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

revenge for sb xxxii :getin:

gently caress Elway and his stupid touchdown.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I will now cheer for Denver because I lived near there for less than a year once

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

I missed the entire game, so I have no clue what is going on. Can someone give me the reader's digest version so that I don't have to read sports journalism thanks

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Big Bob Pataki posted:

he did go to the ground though

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

wheez the roux posted:

Didn't possess the bullet all the way through.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Jalleyfish posted:

I missed the entire game, so I have no clue what is going on. Can someone give me the reader's digest version so that I don't have to read sports journalism thanks

Romo choked again.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

wheez the roux posted:

:stare:

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

The same rule went one to screw Kennedy

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Jalleyfish posted:

Dez Bryant could use a lesson on having heart from Mark Stepnoski and Martin Luther King Jr.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.

wheez the roux posted:

:drat:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ATTN EVERYONE ARGUING: Y'all missed the most ridiculous loving thing ever on CBS

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

CharlestheHammer posted:

it went right through him you could easily see it on the sidewalk before he died

good challenge, mccarth

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Hand Row posted:

Nope remember Calvin was in the end zone when he got hosed by the rule

But remember breaking the plane is considered some magical sacrament and if the very tip of the nose of the football hits it and then the ball is knocked loose it doesn't matter

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

he had the bullet, the problem was he whiffed on the bomb

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Crazy Ted posted:

ATTN EVERYONE ARGUING: Y'all missed the most ridiculous loving thing ever on CBS

Well, share.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Jason Garrett after the game:

"*7 reasons why that was a catch* But this game wasn't about officiating; we had 60 minutes to go out and prove that we were the better team and we didn't get it done."

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

MourningView posted:

Randle owns and will continue to average 8 per carry as a starter and set every NFL record, actually, so this is bad for the rest of the league.

Or I guess they'll sign AD super cheap and I will be Conflicted.

Yeah people should actually hope we resign Murray because I honestly believe if Randle ever becomes a starter he will carve up defenses in ways Murray doesn't. The only thing stopping him from starting now is Murray hype and Murray is a better blocker.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

CharlestheHammer posted:

I.........what?

Isn't it a medical show?

There was a patient with a bomb in him or something, I dunno, I couldn't see through all the tears I had from imagining poor Gracie Bell Taylor and her gigantic forehead growing up without a father around to provide gruff but loving life lessons.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Jimmy Johnson and the FOX postgame guys are slobbing all over Garretts knob.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Crazy Ted posted:

DREAM ON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I was under the impression they got rid of the 'football move' (at least in the definition) a few years ago. Wasn't really paying attention past the 'oh poo poo' part of the ref's explanation or to Periera, did either of them bring it up?
The football move is a part of the officials determination of possession but it is only defined in the NFL Rulebook as "any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.)." without any further clarification. It's the NFL's responsibility to nail down more exact criteria to make an objective determination since a lunge does not get covered under that criteria

• Locked thread