Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dave, Gallows, and Wai Ting for my podcast King of Trios

Imagine Dave when he gets frustrated with Bryan, then multiply that by 100 and you'd have him at the end of an hour with Gallows.

EDIT - this is me agreeing that it would be amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

Me too. Sometimes I wonder if MSL's gossip about Colt being a dick has some merit, because it seems like none of the larger US indies book him anymore.

Excalibur told part of a story around Xmas on his twitter where Cabana nearly got knifed because he did the "updog" routine. I think he's certainly capable of rubbing people the wrong way but I doubt there's any animosity in PWG. I think it's just that PWG has gotten more spectacular in the past couple years and finding somebody for Cabana and his fairly unique style is too much bother or something.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I kind of figured Cabana not working a lot of the more prominent indies was a case of them not wanting to pay what he charges.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Bhester posted:

Imagine Dave when he gets frustrated with Bryan, then multiply that by 100 and you'd have him at the end of an hour with Gallows.

EDIT - this is me agreeing that it would be amazing

While Wai Ting smacks his lips a lot and goes, "Sure."

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Require More Fire posted:

While Wai Ting smacks his lips a lot and goes, "Sure."

"I, uhh... I'm just so TIRED, y'know?"
- Wai Ting at least once a week

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Daniel Bryan posted:

Also as much flak as Bryan gets, he's a good host. Mike is not.

Sempervive is best with someone like Dave. I can rarely listen to their XM show because they don't mesh well. Semp also seems to know when to shut up when Dave is talking and asks him a lot more interesting questions than Bryan.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

ANSWER THE QUESTION JIM!!!

The answer was Speed Racer like all olds.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Sempervive is best with someone like Dave. I can rarely listen to their XM show because they don't mesh well. Semp also seems to know when to shut up when Dave is talking and asks him a lot more interesting questions than Bryan.

Mike is bad because he doesn't know when to corral Dave and move on. Bryan's pretty good at that.

Also, listen to the post-WMXXX audio. Mike was the host and it was probably the worst audio the site produced last year. There was barely any discussion of the show itself, and Mike skipped around so much it was hard to keep track of.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Dave > Mike > Bryan > Vinny > Todd > Lance > Craig or whoever I dunno who anybody else is

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Mike is bad because he doesn't know when to corral Dave and move on.

Mike is good because this leads to 3-4 hour long Sin Limites with ridiculously long roller derby segments

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

Mike is bad because he doesn't know when to corral Dave and move on. Bryan's pretty good at that.

If you don't want to listen to Dave going on wild unrelated tangents for so long that you forget what was originally asked, why would you ever listen to a Dave podcast, ever?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I like Sin Limite, and it has nothing to do with Mike.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Who was the guest on the post NXT Revolution show who wouldn't shut the hell up, because that was a disappointing-rear end show when I wanted to hear Dave gush about Sami Zayn :mad:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
That would be Mike.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you don't want to listen to Dave going on wild unrelated tangents for so long that you forget what was originally asked, why would you ever listen to a Dave podcast, ever?

The best was when he did in in written form and went into a giant tangent on the history of Montreal wrestling in one of his MMA articles.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

dsriggs posted:

"I, uhh... I'm just so TIRED, y'know?"
- Wai Ting at least once a week

*CHIRP*

listening to Review-a-Wai right now and the smoke detector curse has moved podcasts

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Daniel Bryan posted:

I like Sin Limite, and it has nothing to do with Mike.

Mike has enough wrestling knowledge to get the stuff out of Dave that makes that show great. I'm not sure Bryan knows anything outside of his ~1990 and on WCW/WWF wheelhouse and even now doesn't seem very interested in venturing outside of it.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

The answer was Speed Racer like all olds.

I used to watch Speed Racer on cartoon network after Monday Night Raw when I was growing up so I get know where he's coming from :respek:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Daniel Bryan doesn't like Roller Derby chat so ignore all of his opinions on Mike.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm shocked that the Lapsed Fan for WMXX is only slightly longer than WMXX itself.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Does Wai Ting still talk about how much coffee he drinks?

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

CombineThresher posted:

Lance was the guest on one of the best MLW shows ever, so he'd do fine with Konnan.
That's actually rather comforting. Sometimes I wonder if Lance knows how to have fun. :(

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

MassRafTer posted:

Daniel Bryan doesn't like Roller Derby chat so ignore all of his opinions on Mike.

But what about Ann Calvello, Daniel Bryan? She hosed the whole Bay Area! :chuckles:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Someone has angrily emailed and tweeted MLW since last year angry that MSL "buried" Ambrose for smirking when Jake put Damien on him. :stare:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

Does Wai Ting still talk about how much coffee he drinks?

the last time i listened a few weeks ago they spent like 15 minutes talking about tim hortons

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JR's interview with The Grappler was a lot of fun, just two old dudes happily telling stories about the territories. Nothing groundbreaking or controversial and you certainly couldn't call it a hard-hitting interview, but it was an enjoyable listen.

Though I wish somebody else was present so they could bring the whole thing to a screeching halt and demand that JR elaborate on his story about being being up for 3 days straight after using Speed.

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax
Don't know if this podcast has been brought up because it's pretty small but these two good brothers are great if you enjoy the banter between two best friends interlaced with serious discussions. Eric and Bryan are affiliates of Mega64 and they've been doing this podcast little over half a year now. They do old Pay-Per-View reviews, they recently did a color commentary podcast with a WWE Countdown episode and it's pretty consistent, they tend to stick to an hour in length and release episodes on Thursday.

So if you don't like a chill discussion or don't like/know about Mega64, this podcast ain't for you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lemmy and Jericho talking about anime is not something I expected to encounter today.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

What's Y2J think of the new Sailor Moon?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Good line in the newsletter this week.

quote:

She had given birth a few months ago to a baby.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Wrestlehut Jeanscast#73: 25 Count

Jeans and wrestling talk to open the show, then 25 of the choicest wrestling questions imaginable, including talk about the Goog Awards (VOTE HERE), Rumble, and Big Daddy Yum Yum.

http://tindeck.com/listen/cgyg
http://pisscast.blogspot.com
Get it on iTunes and poo poo

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Get it on iTunes and poo poo

Done for both

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Good line in the newsletter this week.

This is pro wrestling. It could have been a hand or an egg containing Akebono.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Dario the Wop posted:

That's actually rather comforting. Sometimes I wonder if Lance knows how to have fun. :(

He does, but it's worth considering that he's a middle-aged dad, and that he was already kind of a buttoned-down, fastidious person (he went to college for accounting originally), and then got into pro wrestling, where just about everyone is crazy, and then outlived a ton of his friends, most of whom had drug problems that contributed to their early deaths. A lot of his demeanor now comes from that, I think, and it makes sense even though I disagree with him about non-wrestling stuff a lot.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Meme Lovin' Dudecast returns to discuss the finer points of Social Security # safety, my fair and balanced feelings on Mr. Jonathan Dwight Jones, and our favorite anime Wrestlekingdom 9.

Shout Engine

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

CombineThresher posted:

He does, but it's worth considering that he's a middle-aged dad, and that he was already kind of a buttoned-down, fastidious person (he went to college for accounting originally), and then got into pro wrestling, where just about everyone is crazy, and then outlived a ton of his friends, most of whom had drug problems that contributed to their early deaths. A lot of his demeanor now comes from that, I think, and it makes sense even though I disagree with him about non-wrestling stuff a lot.
You're right, he does! He's just terrible at it, like me!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Dario the Wop posted:

You're right, he does! He's just terrible at it, like me!

lmao jesus christ

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oatgan, please spay and neuter Lance.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lance knows whats up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The rear end Man Lance "Thunder" Storm

• Locked thread