Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Unlike whoever that other rear end in a top hat was that said we have to all stop posting better, I don't have a problem with shitposts, at least not in a thread that's already dead like this. Like someone said, it's better to post something that might potentially get a laugh out of someone than just a whine. But holy christ rrussom you really suck at shitposting. A chatbot would be a better addition to the thread than you.

Rrussom posted:

I'm gay.

Rrussom posted:

^---- Every poster above this point is gay ----^

"xboxpants'd again", yeah I understand how your autoreply function works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TzuWu
Feb 13, 2014
Might have to check this out

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
While I can't speak for poster Rrussom, I'm actually gay.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

XboxPants posted:

But holy christ rrussom you really suck at shitposting. A chatbot would be a better addition to the thread than you.

Same

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Oh sorry, I forgot your other favorite joke

tell me the truth, are you a literal child
because i really wonder about someone who gets probated for low quality posting in FYAD

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

XboxPants posted:

because i really wonder about someone who gets probated for low quality posting in FYAD

Xbox pants supports starbound? This thing doesn't have a chance.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Liquid Penguins posted:

Xbox pants supports starbound? This thing doesn't have a chance.

no it's definitely a real bad game

i hope it gets better and think it'd be great if it did, but, like, only in the same way that i hope for lasting peace in the middle east and think that'd be great if that happened too, or increased funding for nasa, or meaningful net neutrality legislation

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

XboxPants posted:

I'm not sure what kind of answer you're looking for. It sounds like you're gonna reject anything that's either (1) a balance change or (2) a content addition. So what kind of update are expecting, exactly, that's neither balance nor content?
:ughh:

quote:

Or, if it was a good balance change or good content addition, would that be an acceptable answer?
Yes. Especially if it happened, oh, eight months ago when anyone actually gave a poo poo.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

XboxPants posted:

Starbound has really good art/music/theming. At least compared to the competitors, like Final Fantasy sprites and whatever art style Minecraft has going on. "Pretty" doesn't make for a good game, of course - but it is often cool looking.

It's also extremely moddable. This might sound like a "potential" thing, but it's not. Yeah, I do hope that it'll get even more opened up to modding, but even if it never changes from how it is today, it's already about a million times easier to mod than any of its competitors. And even if no one else ever creates a mod, it's still a draw for some people, including me. It's fun for me to mess around and make some custom assets or whatever in the game, like guns that shoot lava, or candy biomes.
- New players can join a game in progress without being stuck on a bullshit difficulty setting.

Not here to defend Starbound though I just want to bitch about Terraria

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Jackard posted:

- New players can join a game in progress without being stuck on a bullshit difficulty setting.

Not here to defend Starbound though I just want to bitch about Terraria

Im warning you bitch, leave terraria alone YOU LEAVE TERRARIA ALONE

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
They're both poo poo games, there now everyone is happy!

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I like some games but I dislike some other games, furthermore

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

eviljimmy posted:

I suggest you go and play COD or WOW.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Davoren posted:

I like some games but I dislike some other games, furthermore

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Don't you dare try to stain Terraria's good name in a misguided attempt to deflect discussion away from Starbound. I will simply NOT accept this poo poo and it bothers me greatly. You try and pull this poo poo off in the terraria thread and see how it goes for you, if you think you're so tough. Terraria is a good, complete game that keeps updating. This childish attitude ends here, I can see through your plan.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
terraria's ok

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
I got more enjoyment out of this game than Castle Story.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

IronicDongz posted:

terraria's ok

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

transethnic is right.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Blackheart posted:

Im warning you bitch, leave terraria alone YOU LEAVE TERRARIA ALONE

One of these days, we'll get a photo of Red with a shaved head tryna shove an umbrella through some guy's window, and the circle will be complete.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Lol

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

What game? Why would you ever have 11 thousand hours in any game ever?

Orv
May 4, 2011

TheSpookyDanger posted:

What game? Why would you ever have 11 thousand hours in any game ever?

Someone do the math on how many hours of Starbound you'd have if you left the launcher running since it hit Steam.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

It came out on steam like 9 months ago right? So like 6574 hours. Chuckle fish give birth to this baby already.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i think that review is for mount and blade

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Ugh it's for Bad Rats you uncultured swine

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evilreaver posted:

Ugh it's for Bad Rats you uncultured swine

its ok

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
My biggest gripe with Starbound was that exploration and base-building were not more tightly integrated. The game has a tier system for planets all the way to Tier 10 but there isn't anything that compels you to build your base on a level 10 planet.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

come on, starbound is a great game

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

just kidding

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

XboxPants posted:

No, i just have a bunch of really deep messages to the world but i dont really have time to convey them between huffing large quantities of dick, drinking my brain and liver away, and rants about trannies/tumblr. so when i try to shorten them it all sadly turns into either "Im gay" "Cuck" and "Same"

those probations are from GBS you moron

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
Can't we all just get along? We know who the real enemy is alpacas

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Alpaca my bags when i've stopped being XboxPants'd

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rrussom posted:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Rrussom posted: