Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Rrussom posted:

Alpaca my bags when i've stopped being XboxPants'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

Rrussom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqMVXX6VEYw

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD5_J2jtYkU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Koobze posted:

Can't we all just get along? We know who the real enemy is alpacas

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Oops, I meant the other one

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Rrussom posted:

Alpaca my bags when i've stopped being Supernorn'd

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Rrussom posted:

with an attitude like that you've got a date with the grimcreaper

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
As part of a sociology study I have reviewed all of the posts in this thread, evaluating them on a number of attributes such as shittiness, gayness, unfounded optimism, etc., and as a result have determined that every poster is retarded (especially you) and also now I have StarAids. gently caress you guys.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Koobze posted:

As part of a sociology study I have reviewed all of the posts in this thread, evaluating them on a number of attributes such as shittiness, gayness, unfounded optimism, etc., and as a result have determined that every poster is retarded (especially you) and also now I have StarAids. gently caress you guys.

As long as atleast one person calls me retarded and gets StarAids from me then i suppose I've fulfilled my duties in this thread, i guess its time for me to leave my friends, until we meat again.

I'm same gay

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
i'm going to go out and say it: starbound is a p cool game

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
the music is good and

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

This game is BOUND to STARt getting good right?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The great tragedy is that there is no joy in hating Starbound. For me anyway, I'm sure I don't speak for everyone.
I desperately want Starbound to be good and there's something inside me that believes it can still turn around. If I didn't care I could just hate on it effortlessly but deep down wanting it to be really fun and rewarding and all the things they said it would be just makes all this poo poo kind of depressing.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I have the same feeling about starbound as i did when i saw the trailers for the new stawars movies

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
It's going to be real funny when the stable update comes out and it sinks in that not a lot has really changed and some of it even for the worse.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

I desperately want Starbound to be good and there's something inside me that believes it can still turn around.
Yeah I'm also waiting for a total conversion mod by some modder, who actually knows a bit about game design. It's going to be great!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Star bound is bad

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Mods are good.

Unless they contain the following:

Characters with exaggerated penises.
Characters with exaggerated breasts.
Characters with both exaggerated penises and breasts.
Characters with penises and breasts added, which do not normally have penises and/or breasts.
Etc.

TheObserver fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 21, 2015

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

TheObserver posted:

Mods are good.

Especially if they contain the following:

Characters with exaggerated penises.
Characters with exaggerated breasts.
Characters with both exaggerated penises and breasts.
Characters with penises and breasts added, which do not normally have penises and/or breasts.
Etc.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
you are funny

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
dicks and tits are the way of the world, son

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ahundredbux posted:

It's going to be real funny when the stable update comes out and it sinks in that not a lot has really changed and some of it even for the worse.
See that's the problem, that's already sunk in for me. The stable's going to come out and there'll be a few new things and a few tweaks but overall it'll be basically the same and all the bad core things are not going to be fixed.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
This thread has been a long and terrible journey

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

This thread has been a long and terrible journey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VsifANR96s

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
seriously guys when the last starbound stable comes out and we're all sitting there looking at the pieces as chucklefish officially declares it 1.0 we can look back on these trials and tribulations we shared with each other and appreciate that we got something out of it, those halycon days of shared struggle against the common enemy of quality posting

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm making a new thread right now.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

seriously guys when the last starbound stable comes out

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

See that's the problem, that's already sunk in for me. The stable's going to come out and there'll be a few new things and a few tweaks but overall it'll be basically the same and all the bad core things are not going to be fixed.

I pledge that when the stable comes out I will make an earnest attempt to create a general gameplay tweaks mod to reduce the tedious parts of the game. I haven't done game mods since the mid 2000's so I guarantee I will be totally clueless and screw it up somehow.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Bilal posted:

I pledge that when the stable comes out I will make an earnest attempt to create a general gameplay tweaks mod to reduce the tedious parts of the game. I haven't done game mods since the mid 2000's so I guarantee I will be totally clueless and screw it up somehow.

Dont worry, you're already more qualified for that sort of thing than chucklefish is.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm a modder and I know all about proper game design and I'm not going to do poo poo

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm not going to do poo poo

ok so you're not going to do starbound, any games you are planning on doing?

urzaserra256
Nov 29, 2009
For me most of the mining speed isnt bad except on magmarock/obsidian, what might be making perceive the slow mining speed is how much dead space there is in a typical planet. In terraria you probable cant go even 30 blocks without finding caves/ore of some kind/chests/ or something else interesting. Starbounds mining speed IS too slow for how much empty space there is, I would like to see how the game feels if the current amounts of ore/interesting features stays the same but the planet was 50%/25%/ or even 12.5% the current size.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Well if they bump up the amount of stuff you find underground, like they say they're going to, then that most likely means we're going to run into empty space, or at least pockets where we don't have to mine, a lot more. Starbound's problem with cave generation is that it doesn't generate enough of them. The mining speed is mostly okay in my eyes, it's just that we have to do so much of it to get anywhere that any speed is going to start being too slow.

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
It would also be nice to have a radar or some other way of narrowing down where you need to dig. As it is, if you want iron or whatever you just pick a spot and start digging and hope for the best. Usually i dig down, having to set up torches everywhere to see anything and even then i probably missed iron by a few blocks and end up so deep that getting back up is another chore.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm not going to do poo poo

Hand in your av.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Koobze posted:

It would also be nice to have a radar or some other way of narrowing down where you need to dig. As it is, if you want iron or whatever you just pick a spot and start digging and hope for the best. Usually i dig down, having to set up torches everywhere to see anything and even then i probably missed iron by a few blocks and end up so deep that getting back up is another chore.

I've often seen the suggestion for a stimpack (or similar item) that makes ores glow, that'd be nice. Maybe a tier-1 cooking recipe. Then I guess you could have an upgrade later as a back item or whatever that makes ores glow all the time.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hand in your av.

you're not the dad of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ahundredbux posted:

It's going to be real funny when the stable update comes out
I admire your optimism. :patriot: