Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hand in your av.

Hello, I wish you would stop posting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

They have a large monster generator instead of up-scaling the regular generated ones.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

XboxPants posted:

I've often seen the suggestion for a stimpack (or similar item) that makes ores glow, that'd be nice. Maybe a tier-1 cooking recipe. Then I guess you could have an upgrade later as a back item or whatever that makes ores glow all the time.

They're actually adding an early matter manipulator upgrade that does just this.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Seems like the MM is going to be some all-in-one multitool if you choose to add all the upgrades onto it. I'm super ok with this.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Seems like the MM is going to be some all-in-one multitool if you choose to add all the upgrades onto it. I'm super ok with this.

Yeah this is pretty much how it should be. Give me cool gadgets in a space game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JerikTelorian posted:

Yeah this is pretty much how it should be. Give me cool gadgets in a space game.

Catts
Nov 3, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

They're actually adding an early matter manipulator upgrade that does just this.
Do you have a source for this?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

They have a large monster generator instead of up-scaling the regular generated ones.

Very nice, but do they get large attacks or multiple hitboxes? Do they fight differently from small mobs?

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
the game is fun v :) v

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

Colonel J posted:

please don't troll the starbound thread

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Dark Souls

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Colonel J posted:

wait

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Seriously what's the point of big mobs if they are just regular mobs with larger hitboxes

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Jackard posted:

Seriously what's the point of big mobs if they are just regular mobs with larger hitboxes

Variety. For example, they one-shot you faster.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Blackheart posted:

Variety. For example, they one-shot you faster.

They also seem to have ten times less hitpoints in exchange for ten times the size.

The idea of jumbo monsters itself is cool, and the example looks cool visually. I just can't look at "look at this thing!" gifs anymore without wondering how it would actually turn out in Normal Play Without Dev Cheats.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Looks like a WiP to me so it's hard to say anything other than "looks cool" based off that gif.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Riding one and using it as a temporary vehicle/weapon could be cool, but no way we're gonna get that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lizard Wizard posted:

Riding one and using it as a temporary vehicle/weapon could be cool, but no way we're gonna get that.

nice av

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Looks like a WiP to me so it's hard to say anything other than "looks cool" based off that gif.

lmao. you could post that exact thing about every starbound gif in this thread and not be far off the mark

urzaserra256
Nov 29, 2009
I figured that that large enemy was low on health after a long fight. It does look like that player has made a large flattened area to fight which you wouldnt do if the enemy was easily killed

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

Colonel J posted:

I started playing this in spite of what has been said. I'm pretty sure this was made as a promotion by The American Coal Institute.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I like how the huge deadly monster loses aggro easily and gets stuck on the terrain, personally

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Eonwe posted:

nice av

i don't like it

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Patware posted:

i don't like it

Supernorn posted:

You guys don't like Alpacas I guess. Huh.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that seems to have been the joke yeah

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
Omni wound himself up by reading the steam forums (why would you ever do this) and had a moment of madness. I'd probably do the same if I got caught in a cycle of reading dumb posts like yours all day.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Shima Honnou posted:

I like how the huge deadly monster loses aggro easily and gets stuck on the terrain, personally

Dark souls bro

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Bob NewSCART posted:

Dark souls bro

Good call, I should play Dark Souls again instead of Starbound, thanks!

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Rip omni, I legit still bad for that happening to him.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Catts posted:

Do you have a source for this?

Unfortunately no. It was from one of the dev logs or posted by a dev on reddit but I can't find it now.

Silento Boborachi
Sep 17, 2007

Koobze posted:

It would also be nice to have a radar or some other way of narrowing down where you need to dig. As it is, if you want iron or whatever you just pick a spot and start digging and hope for the best. Usually i dig down, having to set up torches everywhere to see anything and even then i probably missed iron by a few blocks and end up so deep that getting back up is another chore.

I usually just scan around with the MM cursor since it lets me see into the ground a good amount to get an idea of where to dig. Especially at lower levels it lets me avoid drilling through harder material if there's nothing worthwhile behind it.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
The braintrust, hard at work:

I can really see why it took them 4 months to get that studio set up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
where is chucklepuppy tho

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

XboxPants posted:

Sometimes you have to find just the right wizard poster. Trust me, that's an extremely important decision that is not to be made lightly.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
unicorns are p sweet

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Sometimes you have to find just the right wizard poster. Trust me, that's an extremely important decision that is not to be made lightly.

I mean, they're pretty good choices:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

XboxPants posted:

Are they actually claiming it took 'em that long?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

XboxPants posted:

I mean, they're pretty good choices:

Here's one they forgot

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

XboxPants posted:

Yes, I imagine it took some time for a handful of people to uproot, get passports, find housing in a different country, move to said country, find an office space, and prepare that office space? It's not exactly something that could be done in a week.

Pretty rad wizard posters and old school Mac converted in to a fish tank though.

Edit: Where did you even find that picture? Can't seem to locate it anywhere.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

Ragequit posted:

Edit: Where did you even find that picture? Can't seem to locate it anywhere.

From his camera, he done captured that image himself.

• Locked thread