Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The school bookstore has those giant artist canvas bags... in ACU. :negative:

That's okay, though, because I got an even 4.0 last semester. Suck my fat, veiny cock, Army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Finally got around to reading the article behind Pain & Gain. Unbelievably the actual story is more hosed up than the movie. Like the description of them butchering Griga and his girlfriend:

quote:

Back at the warehouse, he and Doorbal lifted the heavy window security grate over two 55-gallon drums. This iron platform would be Doorbal's surgery table. They'd lay the bodies atop the grate; the drums would catch the blood. Doorbal suited up for the work ahead -- sweatpants, rubber boots, leather gloves, clear goggles -- and plugged in the saw. He pulled the trigger, and the Remington started right up, its chain revolving quickly, snugly around the black blade.

Lugo and Delgado chose not to stay for the grisly dismemberment. They moved to the front of the warehouse while Doorbal went to work on the bodies. For five minutes they heard the whirring drone of the saw as it sliced through flesh and bones. They heard six, maybe seven prolonged cuts, and then silence. The saw spurted again and abruptly quit.

"Come back here, Lugo!" yelled Doorbal. "Come back here and help me out!" He'd been trying to cut through Krisztina's neck when the saw teeth snagged in her long tresses. What a mess! Doorbal finally yanked the saw out of her hair, but now it was jammed and useless.

Lugo scurried to the front office to share the bad news with Delgado. But gently caress it, he said, guarantee or no guarantee he wasn't going back to Home Depot. They still had a hatchet to finish the job. He changed into gym clothes, pulled on some gloves, and went back to help Doorbal. For another ten minutes Delgado sat alone and listened to heavy thumping, loud banging, the cracking of bones, and assorted charnel-house noises as his pals chopped two bodies to pieces.

When it was over, Krisztina's legs, ending in bloody stumps, jutted skyward from a 55-gallon drum. Her torso had been shoved in upside down. Griga's headless neck rose from another barrel. Both receptacles contained a mixture of road tar and a splash of muriatic acid to speed decomposition. The electric saw had whirled clumps of blood, gristle, and tissue about the warehouse floor. To complete the tableau, Krisztina's head lay in a red bucket. Griga's head was in another. A third red bucket held four hands and four feet.

Lugo and Doorbal surveyed their handiwork. Something wasn't right. Of course! The fingers, the teeth! Faces! Identification! They removed the heads from the buckets and placed them on a nearby table. Using pliers, they proceeded to extract their victims' teeth. But the roots wouldn't budge. So they brought out the hatchet again. It had a four-inch curved blade.

The bloodied heads were as slippery as rain-slicked coconuts. The men chopped down through the bridge of the nose, then hacked into the eyes, destroying the orbits at midpoint. Once through the bone of the outer eye sockets, they continued hacking down, clear through the jaw. They pulled the faces back from the skulls. This gave them good access to the gums and teeth from any direction.

Next they went after fingerprints, another way for the bodies to be identified. They carefully sliced off the fingers. For the more delicate work of filleting fingerprints from the flesh, they employed a Pakistani hunting knife with a six-inch blade.

The rest of the story is about how extra retarded these guy were, like needing seven attempts to kidnap Schiller. It's worth a read.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1999-12-23/news/pain-gain/

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
High and tight means high and loose rear end in a top hat bc its that gay

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Cole posted:

Next time you shave off your beard like a retard enlisted, you should enlist again.

Rude

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

My hair is a short fade. But my beard is very not military.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just do that Hitler youth haircut with bushy beard look that all the hipsters do these days

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Slicked back hair and a short well kept beard. I look like the bad guy kid's dad in an 80s movie

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Slicked back hair and a short well kept beard. I look like the bad guy kid's dad in an 80s movie
mmkay

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Booblord Zagats posted:

edit

actually

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Fister Roboto posted:

Cleveland Browns?

no that makes you a fan.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

Just do that Hitler youth haircut with bushy beard look that all the hipsters do these days

use to rock the hitler youth cut while i was in :godwinning:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I've got glamour muscles, buddy

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Cole posted:

High and tight means high and loose rear end in a top hat bc its that gay

A guy I work with showed up a couple weeks back with a H&T.

:pilot: : You enlisting?
:v: : What?
:pilot: : Your hair cut. Its in regs. Are you planing on enlisting?
:v: : Uh... No? Whats enlisting.
:pilot: : The best decision you will ever make.

I am an rear end in a top hat and hate the people I work with.

However, he showed up the next day with a bic job. So he isn't a complete write off.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

use to rock the hitler youth cut while i was in :godwinning:

True story. I use to rock the Hitlerjugend growing up. Add in the blonde hair, blue eyes and a boy scout uniform:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
so to give a summary of my semester

- five classes that require about 250 pages of reading a week total
- at minimum four reading responses due (two pages a piece)
- i work for the school paper (got my first story published today FUCKIN RIGHT)
- i have stats and computer science tutoring twice a week at minimum
- i see a counselor twice a week to help make sure i don't lose my loving mind again
- i am working on a project that is essentially a graduate level project (i'm not even in my fourth week here)
- i am also working with someone to get a trauma program to the WTB down at Ft. Gordon
- i have yet to miss any assignments/classes, and have nothing less than a B on any assignment i've done. Bs are like Fs to me though so i'm pretty pissed at myself.

i am doing all of this poo poo and i still think school is fuckin' easy and that i could take on more. what are all these 18-22 year olds complaining about?

bein' a vet fuckin owns if you do it right and i think i am doing it right.

plus my beard is coming in pretty solid. strokin' it now.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The one thing I despise about being a CS student is other CS students. I swear to gently caress, one of these days I'm gonna snap and come in spraying a Super Soaker and chucking bars of soap.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Spicy Guacamole posted:

The one thing I despise about being a CS student is other CS students. I swear to gently caress, one of these days I'm gonna snap and come in spraying a Super Soaker and chucking bars of soap.

You oughta be around advertising students. Half of them think they're on the pulse of culture, a quarter fancy themselves as brilliant Don Drapers, and the rest are like, "Eh, yea plenty of jobs to go around."

And here's what advertising is like, from my experience. You better be loving excellent at Excel, competent at some math, and able to deal with hilariously vague and equally specific client requests.

Also to have a dozen Outlook folders for everything.

bloops fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 22, 2015

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Sociology students are mostly a mix of SJWs and people trying to teach social studies classes for elementary school kids. There's like 10% of us that actually want to be employed and don't want to be in academia forever.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Spicy Guacamole posted:

other CS students

i took 1 CS course outside of the basic office/computer skills required course (Java Programming for Multimedia or something like that) and after that class I never took another CS course again

for this very reason

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I feel compelled to point out that the worst part of college (the other students) can be easily avoided by taking online courses (if your college offers them). All you need to meet full-time status is 12 credit hours and only one class that meets in person.

Use this information to your benefit.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i took 1 CS course outside of the basic office/computer skills required course (Java Programming for Multimedia or something like that) and after that class I never took another CS course again

for this very reason

I talked to one of the CS and Cybersecurity advisers in a local university just to get a gauge out of what their program offers. Turns out it's mostly JAVA with some C++ at the upper-end. I asked him about things like low-level assembly development or reverse-engineering and he just kinda looked at me with blinders on; I guess being in Intel and having all that fat socialized military education and experience did more than I thought it did.

Also it seemed like he was selling me on a career of making 60-80k a year! Whoooo....

I did a few JAVA classes with an adjunct CS professor. I would finish them in 20 minutes or less; like, I would call for a pizza, bang out the entire thing and get it up into the JVM to work before it'd arrive. I even fully commented out the code, except my last project. Then it took three days to walk the professor through my code (multi-class interactions with user-defined parameters and file i/o). He claimed it was more sophisticated than he was used to seeing.

We also had this bullshit flowcharting thing we had to use which was bullshit busywork. I'm a fuckin' developer. Give me a goal and let me give you a product. I wonder how putting me in an actual class setting with teenagers would be like after having like a decade of experience and teaching CS myself? Dickery would be at an all-time high.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

holocaust bloopers posted:

I feel compelled to point out that the worst part of college (the other students) can be easily avoided by taking online courses (if your college offers them). All you need to meet full-time status is 12 credit hours and only one class that meets in person.

Use this information to your benefit.

this is exactly what I'm doing and it's skate as hell. Definite pro move.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

why the gently caress would anyone want to program for a living today

do they think that a company will pay them a livable wage and benefits, or pay pennies to a contractor company in Mumbai, Chennai, or Noida

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

:smith:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you drat right :smith:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Or they just import programmers through foreign worker programs and pay them what they want, Microsoft and amazon are all over that method like flies on poo poo.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Vriess posted:

I talked to one of the CS and Cybersecurity advisers in a local university just to get a gauge out of what their program offers. Turns out it's mostly JAVA with some C++ at the upper-end. I asked him about things like low-level assembly development or reverse-engineering and he just kinda looked at me with blinders on; I guess being in Intel and having all that fat socialized military education and experience did more than I thought it did.

Also it seemed like he was selling me on a career of making 60-80k a year! Whoooo....

I did a few JAVA classes with an adjunct CS professor. I would finish them in 20 minutes or less; like, I would call for a pizza, bang out the entire thing and get it up into the JVM to work before it'd arrive. I even fully commented out the code, except my last project. Then it took three days to walk the professor through my code (multi-class interactions with user-defined parameters and file i/o). He claimed it was more sophisticated than he was used to seeing.

We also had this bullshit flowcharting thing we had to use which was bullshit busywork. I'm a fuckin' developer. Give me a goal and let me give you a product. I wonder how putting me in an actual class setting with teenagers would be like after having like a decade of experience and teaching CS myself? Dickery would be at an all-time high.

nice humblebrag nerd

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Vriess posted:

This perfectly describes the only college-level CS class I've taken except it was C++. Took me longer to make the goddamn flowcharts than it did to write and comment the programs.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Only 60-80k a year?! How terrible.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Casimir Radon posted:

Only 60-80k a year?! How terrible.

Depending on where you're living, it kind of is.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
For 90% of the country that's fantastic for a single income.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Vriess posted:

Depending on where you're living, it kind of is.

yea and where would that be?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's me, I'm in the dark green (and make over the median ho ho ho)

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Vasudus posted:

It's me, I'm in the dark green (and make over the median ho ho ho)

unfortunately all that money doesnt help the fact that youre a creepy dwarf that sounds like igor :(

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Not being able to live nicely on 60-80k means you probably live in San Francisco. That's a punishment unless artisanal cafes where art major dropouts draw cute pictures of leaves or cats into coffee foam is extremely your poo poo.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Not being able to live nicely on 60-80k means you probably live in San Francisco. That's a punishment unless artisanal cafes where art major dropouts draw cute pictures of leaves or cats into coffee foam is extremely your poo poo.

I blame Akihabara for that.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

unfortunately all that money doesnt help the fact that youre a creepy dwarf that sounds like igor :(

it helps me feel better about myself though

bengy81
May 8, 2010
My experience with money and adulthood so far is that no matter how much money I make a year, some how it all gets spent before I get to have any fun with it.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

:yikes:

That's gross veins!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

do they think that a company will pay them a livable wage and benefits, or pay pennies to a contractor company in Mumbai, Chennai, or Noida

To make money as a programmer you get a clearance and get into contracting with the big boys like lockmart, raytheon, etc.

• Locked thread