Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
it should have some crimson haze imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000

Ahundredbux posted:

it should have some purple haze imo

The only way to enjoy this game is to get really loving stoned and then forget you were going to play it in the first place.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Still playing the last stable beta, Enraged Koala. Which weapon (edit: gun) crafting mod was the nice one with the tables/frames/ammo types? Or, alternately, which one is good these days?

Ignoranus fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 25, 2015

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Ahundredbux posted:

it stands for starbound ore btw

im sorry, i hope i didnt hurt you when i bounced a joke off of yours.

please dont troll me.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I would never troll in the starbound thread

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Ahundredbux posted:

please don't troll in the starbound thread

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Ahundredbux posted:

Stop trolling Meeeee!!!

*begins shaking uncontrollably, it seems he has been triggered*

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Fartbound.

That's my new pun I hope you like it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it stinks!

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Realpost: I don't get why people think the added exploration and ore nodes are a positive thing with the state of the game right now, all it means is you get exciting new opportunities to get one-shot by monsters, slowing mining down even more.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Davoren posted:

Realpost: I don't get why people think the added exploration and ore nodes are a positive thing with the state of the game right now, all it means is you get exciting new opportunities to get one-shot by monsters, slowing mining down even more.

Because in a game as bad as Starbound is, no single change is going to make the game good. So that can't be your criteria for to decide if something is a good change. Instead you gotta have a little bit of perspective and think, "is this moving things in the right direction?"

I'm not happy about the change because "yay, now the game will to be fun to play", that's insane, that's like a child's expectation. It just helps make it look more like the game is developing in a good direction.

It'd be the same thing if they improved combat. Mining would still be tedious, so even with perfectly fixed combat, the game wouldn't be good. But it'd be an improvement. It's not actually possible for them to fix every single problem at once (at least, not for Chucklefish).

Also you're full of poo poo, no monster in the game will one-shot you unless you intentionally go to planets way above your tier. It's really not that hard to survive random monsters.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 25, 2015

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
maybe if the game was in a rockin' three dimensions and had more stuff it would be okay? and you could build your own ships? and subsytems?

oh wait i could just play starmade nevermind

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

XboxPants posted:

Also you're full of poo poo, no monster in the game will one-shot you unless you intentionally go to planets way above your tier. It's really not that hard to survive random monsters.

you just need 40 bandages

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Patware posted:

you just need 40 bandages

I used about 40 but that's typical so you know, whatever

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I said it was easy to survive. I didn't say it wasn't tedious.

Bandages come out of the little pixel containers now too, so you don't even have to bother crafting a ton. You just have to press your hotbar bandage button after every few hits. Tedious, sure, not fun, sure, but it's not hard.

The point is, it's easy to not die.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 25, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
e: nah

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

XboxPants posted:

Bandages come out of the little pixel containers now too, so you don't even have to bother crafting a ton. You just have to press your hotbar bandage button after every few hits. Tedious, sure, not fun, sure, but it's not hard.

The point is, it's easy to not die.

this is a multi-tiered irony trolling technique or autism, cheers either way

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

stuntwaffle posted:

this is a multi-tiered irony trolling technique or autism, cheers either way

Stumpwaffle, I'm pretty sure there is no difference between the two.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rrussom posted:

:drat:

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

Rrussom posted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

XboxPants posted:

starbound.txt

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

lmao

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I have multi-tier'd starbautism

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Wow xboxpants must really ruffle your jimmies something fierce. Our you love him and are too shy to tell him how you feel. It's ok he loves you back.

hey welcome to the show! fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 25, 2015

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

live by the xboxpants, die by the xboxpants

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Wow xboxpants must really ruffle your jimmies something fierce. Our you love him and are too shy to tell him how you feel. It's ok he loves you back.

what

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

ScorpioMajesty posted:

I want to gently caress his rear end.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

stuntwaffle posted:

Do it. StarPound dat rear end.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

ScorpioMajesty posted:

This post clonked my bonkers. It's triffles me

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Starbound - "I want to StarBone Xboxpants"

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!
My Steam has told me there 'has been no update' so I ask 'has there been an update?'

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Any day now.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
January for sure!! And then they promised there wouldn't be any more huge expanses between versions after this.
You heard 'em! Those updates are gonna be coming thick and fast!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

stuntwaffle posted:

Next update would be much more enjoyable if they introduced an Iron Sheik race. All lookat text would be replaced by barely comprehensible gibberish, character sports a massive mustache and keffiyeh, weapons are all wrestling moves.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!

Asimo posted:

Any day now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catts
Nov 3, 2011
So is all the new stuff they've been showcasing on their site going to be in the stable or is it just going to be the nightly with a coat of paint?

• Locked thread