Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Dangerous Person posted:

If they had the power to kick him from the start why did they not just immediately do that?

It's probably the most attention they've gotten in forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dangerous Person posted:

If they had the power to kick him from the start why did they not just immediately do that?

I think it's 1 part an immersion thing, and 1 part they feel like they're bullying a foreigner.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Here's a second life grief that is actually funny and not 10 minutes of retards talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imd-AF6lIO0

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
some of us made a guy in the starbound thread so mad that he spent money on these terrible avs

lol

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eonwe posted:

some of us made a guy in the starbound thread so mad that he spent money on these terrible avs

lol

is there a story behind it or do we have to hunt it down?

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

nthalp posted:

Not really. Eonwe didn't even poo poo talk the game, some pathetic turd just started buying the same lame av for people.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TheSpookyDanger posted:

Not really. Eonwe didn't even poo poo talk the game, some pathetic turd just started buying the same lame av for people.

Awwwwww.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

nthalp posted:

The act of playing Starbound is grief enough, really.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm guessing starbound got a content patch or something and still sucks.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Eonwe posted:

lol

Looks like that guy didn't tell the poverty ghost to stay safe.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Inkel posted:

Don't gently caress around with the Second Life biker gangs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaTYFs380rI
Does Second Life even have a combat system or is he stuck with nonviolent resistance?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

Looks like that guy didn't tell the poverty ghost to stay safe.

i never miss an opportunity to tell poverty ghost to stay safe

stay safe poverty ghost

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

Dizz posted:

I'm guessing starbound got a content patch or something and still sucks.

I'm guessing Starbound never got a content patch or anything and that's why it sucks.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

It actually just got one today, thus showing that the developers are griefing the starbound thread.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Dangerous Person posted:

I'm starting to think they want to try to beat the trolls by standing their ground. By kicking them, the rpers are conceding defeat and admitting that the trolls were successful; however, if they just leave on their own, the rpers get chance to brag about their internet victory and feel like they're superior to the trolls.

Basically, it's the closest they can get to feeling like they're better than someone.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I'm the guy who literally ran an RP griefing guild on World of Losers way back when and I can tell you conclusively that is not the case. RPers that refuse to peace out like that are habitual victims and are basically affirming their reality through brute force. It's actually really sad from an objective perspective, but the reality is when you run across these idiots they're so incredibly self-defeating the only thing you can do as a sane person is laugh at them. There's a lot of them in RP covens because they are cliquey echo chambers by nature. I'm not trying to hold myself above them, either - even though my guild existed precisely to gently caress with people, our guild chat was just as cliquey and echoey. It's just that the subject echoing around was 'how do we gently caress with people harder?'

You remember that one guy or chick you knew who was so insistent on their own powerlessness and disenfranchisement that they couldn't do anything right or see anything through to the end? Yeah, they probably spend a couple of dark evenings in a roleplay venue, doing exactly the above worthless arguing.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 30, 2015

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Shumagorath posted:

Does Second Life even have a combat system or is he stuck with nonviolent resistance?

Some SL areas use a combat system plugin, but all it can do is track numbers inside the plugin. It relies on the players using the plugin to abide by the plugin's output. So if an SL player refuses to use the plugin, or refuses to go along with what it says happens, everybody else can get hosed.

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker
Some other areas use Second Life's built-in combat system (you will notice a heart with 100% written next to it right next to the place's name thing) where you can get "killed".

When you "die", one of two things will happen:

A) You will be instantly and forcibly teleported to one of the many and overpopulated public hub areas.

OR

B) If you have a homepoint set somewhere, you will be brought back there.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Can you set the homepoint anywhere? As in, like 5 feet outside of the building wherever you're loving with people? "Hey congrats, you killed me and I teleported like 10 feet. I'm back! :haw:"

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Coolguye posted:

I'm the guy who literally ran an RP griefing guild on World of Losers way back when and I can tell you conclusively that is not the case. RPers that refuse to peace out like that are habitual victims and are basically affirming their reality through brute force. It's actually really sad from an objective perspective, but the reality is when you run across these idiots they're so incredibly self-defeating the only thing you can do as a sane person is laugh at them. There's a lot of them in RP covens because they are cliquey echo chambers by nature. I'm not trying to hold myself above them, either - even though my guild existed precisely to gently caress with people, our guild chat was just as cliquey and echoey. It's just that the subject echoing around was 'how do we gently caress with people harder?'

You remember that one guy or chick you knew who was so insistent on their own powerlessness and disenfranchisement that they couldn't do anything right or see anything through to the end? Yeah, they probably spend a couple of dark evenings in a roleplay venue, doing exactly the above worthless arguing.

I think this was a really good grief here, writing tons of awful boring words and making us all read them.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

little munchkin posted:

I think this was a really good grief here, writing tons of awful boring words and making us all read them.

looks like u dont GET griefing
*writes 30 paragraph story about how nobody got mad when i did something boring in a game nobody cares about*

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
:gas:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

i agree, :gas: this lovely thread, full of loving losers who get off on ruining the gaming lives of others

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i agree, :gas: this lovely thread, full of loving losers who get off on ruining the gaming lives of others

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
seriously tho this thread hasn't been good since like, page 200 or 300

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Eonwe posted:

seriously tho this thread hasn't been good since like, page 200 or 300

is that when u started postin?? haha lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

wuat posted:

e...........................PIC

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Eonwe posted:

e...........................PIC

thank u now go make 600 more posts about how the xbox one is fkn FAIL

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

wuat posted:

thank u now go make 600 more posts about how the xbox one is fkn FAIL

im partial to memes myself

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Eonwe posted:

im partial to memes myself

stop talking and hurry up delivering my pizza

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:chanpop:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
One time I was playing counter strake and then I farted into the microphone. Three people got mildly annoyed. :smugdog:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
one time i was playing on a red orchestra server and some people on the german side said good guys win

and i said thats not true the nazis weren't good people

and then they got mad

thats my greifing story

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

wuat posted:

Lmao wUat... do you want a fable coupon btw, i keep getting th3m on steam and keep giving them away

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Lmao wUat... do you want a fable coupon btw, i keep getting th3m on steam and keep giving them away

ill take one

i wont buy fable but

still

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.

sitchelin posted:

Here's a second life grief that is actually funny and not 10 minutes of retards talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imd-AF6lIO0

I dont post very often, but you know what, this video is what this thread needs. Thank you good sir.

ProZocK fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 1, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Eonwe posted:

ill take one

i wont buy fable but

still

Your not even my ssteam friend. ...seems like something you gotta fix

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy