Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

infernal machines posted:

what web are you browsing?

how did you get here from 1997?

java and js are different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

MrMoo posted:

let me check ...

still broken.

Microsoft are still colossal retards who snoop the user agent string in browsers and send broken HTML to Safari and Google Chrome on OSX. How they can be so incompetent when Google Chrome on Windows and Linux works for this dialog box is Nadella's magic.

think you have some old-rear end owa.

office 365 is: insert > pictures inline. file picker loads, image is inserted inline

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 31, 2015

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Thanks Ants posted:

think you have some old-rear end owa.

office 365 is: insert > pictures inline. file picker loads, image is inserted inline

he has 2010, so yeah

Blue Train posted:

java and js are different

no poo poo, but we were talking about javascript.

owa doesn't run any loving applets you nub

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i like owa

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I think he was talking about actual java tho. if not then who knows what he meant

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lol could you imagine if it did

some ms middle manager's head would have imploded

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

saucepanman posted:

if it's a java heavy site they actively block the 'easy' methods of copying stuff, people might be used to that or something

or most people dont know about keyboard/right click -> *action* shortcuts which is more likely

mobile browsers don't have a ctrl key or right click, op.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
three things have always been and continue to be terrible ui on the web: right-click, requiring a keyboard and hovering over something.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ie 6 will be with us till the end of the world

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Wheany posted:

yes you are right op

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Wheany posted:

why would you use owa on a mobile device? just use your native email client and activesync

unless you're using android this shouldn't be a problem

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
my uni uses owa for our mail system. i just forward it to my gmail account

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

why would you use owa on a mobile device? just use your native email client and activesync

Why would you make a web page (or app) that is not usable on mobile devices after 2008?

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lol at setting up work stuff on your personal device

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

my stepdads beer posted:

lol at setting up work stuff on your personal device

if you're not getting a work phone then why are you checking your email at all outside company time?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Joe Belfiore: hey look at this article: link

Satya: which part?

Joe Belfiore: oh here, i'll circle the part i wanted you to see

Joe Belfiore: Joe Belfiore sent you a Spartan Browser marked-up webpage powered by One-Note, click here to see it

Satya: oh yeah, that part, the headline, didn't notice it. what about it?

Joe Belfiore: here let me elaborate a bit on my thought

Joe Belfiore: Joe Belfiore sent you a Spartan Browser marked-up webpage powered by One-Note, click here to see it

Satya: you drew a happy face. that means you like the part you circled, the headline

Joe Belfiore: yepp, i think it's good that headline

Satya: :)

Joe Belfiore: :)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spartan, truly the future

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ohhhhhh

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
waiting for everyone in yospos to start ironically using spartan so we can ironically send crude drawings of dicks to each other

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

if you're not getting a work phone then why are you checking your email at all outside company time?

yes exactly

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

A Pinball Wizard posted:

waiting for everyone in yospos to start ironically using spartan so we can ironically send crude drawings of dicks to each other

way to exclude operating system minorities, dick

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wheany posted:

are you trying to tell me that a mobile website often cuts down on features that are present in the full desktop site to better target it to the device that it's being displayed on? :captainpop:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

then op should stop calling one thing by the other's name

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

how quickly we forget when Draw Something was all the rage in the 'pos

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

i want to make all these people be at our beck and call...

should we buy all these people cellphones and then set them up? sounds like effort

should we let people BYOD and open up our email? sounds like effort

should we just write 'you are responsible for operational awareness' in their performance plan and let them suffer with the OWA that we already pay for? ayup

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I put my work email on my personal device because gently caress I'm not carrying around two phones, but it uses the email app and my personal email is in the gmail one, and I turned off push and notifications for the work stuff so it bugs me on my own terms. Best of both worlds.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Surprised your security dept allows that, seems like most of corp is going with "if it has company data on it, we have to own it / be able to remote wipe it"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Wheany posted:

Why would you make a web page (or app) that is not usable on mobile devices after 2008?

because the web is not an app and dedicating resources to make the ~perfect ui~ for the corner case of idiots who don't have work issued phone but also want to check their email without actually setting up email is a huge waste of time

also, it's microsoft, so if they actually tried the results would likely be even worse.

Cygni posted:

i want to make all these people be at our beck and call...

should we buy all these people cellphones and then set them up? sounds like effort

should we let people BYOD and open up our email? sounds like effort

should we just write 'you are responsible for operational awareness' in their performance plan and let them suffer with the OWA that we already pay for? ayup

you know, i bet you could burn the whole building down...

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Bhodi posted:

Surprised your security dept allows that, seems like most of corp is going with "if it has company data on it, we have to own it / be able to remote wipe it"

you can do this with byod, just enforce that policy and don't let anyone use android (because who the gently caress knows what any given android is going to do, especially if rooted)

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Yeah, I'm going to grant my work access to wipe my personal cell phone

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

then don't set up work accounts on your personal device

it's really very simple.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
idk much about byod management, but aren't there apps you can use that sandbox the data and can be remote wiped easily? i think my company is testing one but maybe i misunderstood

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

idk much about byod management, but aren't there apps you can use that sandbox the data and can be remote wiped easily? i think my company is testing one but maybe i misunderstood

bb (lol) does that natively with blend.

beyond that, idk, i've never looked into the third party options because third party mdm is a pain in the rear end and the pricing usually puts it outside of the market i work in

p.s.: for anyone with byod, if you've set up a work account using activesync on your phone, they have the ability to remote wipe your phone.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Cold on a Cob posted:

nine

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah my company uses one like that. I think it is uhh maas360?? or maybe that was the old one. I dunno.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

because the web is not an app and dedicating resources to make the ~perfect ui~ for the corner case of idiots who don't have work issued phone but also want to check their email without actually setting up email is a huge waste of time

i wasn't talking about every company making their own unique webmail, just like i don't expect every company to code their own native mail client.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
to be more specific my understanding was it was supposed to be totally segregated data and app, so they can remote wipe the data without wiping the entire phone or something like that

but again maybe i'm on crack

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bhodi posted:

I gave it permission to wipe my phone because I have nothing important on here that isn't backed up somewhere else.

That said I work in academia, where remotely wiping a professor's device might obliterate years of research or ongoing work, and I think you can guess how an argument between tenured Dr. Stuffyshirt and Joe Computerface in IT might pan out

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Wheany posted:

i wasn't talking about every company making their own unique webmail, just like i don't expect every company to code their own native mail client.

what are you talking about?

the platform has a native mail client, e.g "mail" on ios. anything else is not native, it's third party.

so you use "mail" to access your email on ios and you use all the nice built in features and ui instead of trying to piss up a rope and use owa on the web on a mobile browser witch obviously won't have the kind of native integration and cohesive ui the native app has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

Joe Computerface in IT

mods?

• Locked thread