Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

You did this. You cursed us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Lord Of Texas posted:

In a situation where you will get to take the advantageous option two times and the less advantageous option once, but once success wins you the game, you take the loving advantageous option twice and take the less advantageous option only if you are forced to. His reasoning is just post hoc rear end-covering.
the way youre saying it, youd take 2 runs over 2 runs and a pass, and unless you think russell wilson is the shittiest qb in the world who you cant trust at all in any situation you should take the one where you get 2 runs and a pass. related: that throw is the kind the shittiest qb in the world would make.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Lord Of Texas posted:

Watch the replay, the LB had it sniffed out from the start. Totally clean. It was a great play, but Seattle shouldn't have even given him the chance.

They lined up in the shotgun, the D probably could have guessed something weird was gonna happen

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Even one time out. Run the ball and do hurry up offense for the second play. The slant makes no sense.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

the way youre saying it, youd take 2 runs over 2 runs and a pass, and unless you think russell wilson is the shittiest qb in the world who you cant trust at all in any situation you should take the one where you get 2 runs and a pass. related: that throw is the kind the shittiest qb in the world would make.

I have a hard time seeing a lot of fault in that throw. It happens very quickly and Wilson has to put the ball ahead of his WR who is running at full speed. There really isnt a lot of room to place it. The only thing he could've done is lower the ball.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Jastiger posted:

Run the ball and do hurry up offense for the second play.
thats a bad plan.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Imagine not being a New England Patriots fan? What's it like guys?!

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Jastiger posted:

Even one time out. Run the ball and do hurry up offense for the second play. The slant makes no sense.
The slant makes no sense, but the pass play makes sense.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

OctoberBlues posted:

People on my facebook are saying that Bradshaw and Montana being 4-0 in the Super Bowl makes them better than Brady.

I hated New England for many years, but come on, use your brain... Brady is 4-2 but he also went to two more Super Bowls and lost them. Guess he should have lost in the AFC championship those years so he could now be the best ever.

It's the last bastion of hope for 80's 49er football fans. It's all they got. Brady is the best.

Joe Montana would have lost to superstar Eli Manning too.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Imagine not being a New England Patriots fan? What's it like guys?!

cowboys basically won the superbowl but the nfc outcursed itself out of each playoff game, starting with the lovely Michigan State team beating baylor on a bad call forcing detroit to lose on a bad call to the cowboys, and so on until the seahawks were visted by the ghost of bad coaching and lost the easy game

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Febreeze posted:

Joe Montana would have lost to superstar Eli Manning too.

But he didn't.

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...
Tom Brady is a cheater who has probably been skirting the rules along with his coach for as long as he's been in the league.

He's also pretty drat good and a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

But gently caress him.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

People on my facebook are saying that Bradshaw and Montana being 4-0 in the Super Bowl makes them better than Brady.

I hated New England for many years, but come on, use your brain... Brady is 4-2 but he also went to two more Super Bowls and lost them. Guess he should have lost in the AFC championship those years so he could now be the best ever.
also those were the years where the nfc was so much better than the afc that the real superbowl was always 49ers vs giants or sthg like that (and montana lost a good number of those), followed by the victory lap. doesnt really apply to now.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

When you're 2nd and goal at the half-yard line needing a score to win you're in such an advantageous position that you take the low-variance sequence to avoid disaster. Throwing into the middle of the field in a goal-line situation, no matter how great the quarterback or receiver, is a really high-variance play where much can happen that is out of the control of either the qb or receiver. Plus, you have the best short-yardage RB in the NFL.

Of course, making that playcall they are still 98% to win - it's just that running there makes it more like 99.9%. They made a poor decision and got punished.

Lord Of Texas fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 2, 2015

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

jesus called that pass

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...
Reminder that Tom Brady literally left his pregnant girlfriend to gently caress a supermodel, you don't think a guy like that would do whatever it takes to win a football game?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Julian Edelman should have been MVP

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

But he didn't.

Eli liked Joe so he didn't go against him.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Perpetual Ascent posted:

Reminder that Tom Brady literally left his pregnant girlfriend to gently caress a supermodel, you don't think a guy like that would do whatever it takes to win a football game?

sorry about your qb

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Perpetual Ascent posted:

...what?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

causticBeet posted:

Julian Edelman should have been MVP

this is the only legitimate complaint t about the end

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

...what?

Playoff posters vacate, there's only room for utmost jubilation and salty hot takes here

evilweasel posted:

sorry about your qb

It's okay. :smith:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
brady winning mvp is a viable choice even tho i personally wanted edelman, unlike the rams superbowl

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Perpetual Ascent posted:

Who wouldn't?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

effectual posted:

You did this. You cursed us.

Anime: not even once.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think Russ is good, but should the Seahawks maybe consider just drafting another QB and trying to keep the defense together?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Frackie Robinson posted:

I think Russ is good, but should the Seahawks maybe consider just drafting another QB and trying to keep the defense together?
i dont think theyre going to lose any of their biggest defensive players. i mean maybe they lose like avril or someone on that level?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Perpetual Ascent posted:

Thanks for the reminder, almost forgot how much I loved him pause not

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

i dont think theyre going to lose any of their biggest defensive players. i mean maybe they lose like avril or someone on that level?

Avril is locked up for a few years. We'll probably end up losing some rotational DTs, Byron Maxwell and a few of our UDFA WRs. The team is in a good spot to compete for championships for awhile, it's just frustrating to lose one you were so close to winning knowing how incredibly difficult it is just to get to the Super Bowl.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

NOPE, NOT MY FAULT. DON'T BLAME ME.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Schwack posted:

a few of our UDFA WRs.

You mean your starting receiving corps?

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

Tom Brady's good, in fact he's my second favorite QB behind my team's own. Still, for our generation's most decorated QB, I wish he was a little less embarrassing. The pregnant girlfriend thing, the uggs, the scandals, the "We're only going to score 17 points?" thing.

Peyton Manning has had his fair share of media blunders as well, specifically the "liquored up kicker" bit and that story out of Tennessee, but TB takes that poo poo to the next level.

e: I forgot to mention that Tom Brady throws the most loving irritating little shitfits over calls, him and Rivers are the biggest crybabies at the position.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

NippleFloss posted:

You mean your starting receiving corps?

Doug Baldwin is the only one signed long term. I think Kearse is a RFA this year, but I won't be surprised if they move on from him. They'll lose parts, but most of the key components are under 30 and will be around for some time.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Brady left his gf before she knew she was pregnant so it's cool.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Mmmmmmmmm

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Perpetual Ascent posted:

Tom Brady's good, in fact he's my second favorite QB behind my team's own. Still, for our generation's most decorated QB, I wish he was a little less embarrassing. The pregnant girlfriend thing, the uggs, the scandals, the "We're only going to score 17 points?" thing.

Peyton Manning has had his fair share of media blunders as well, specifically the "liquored up kicker" bit and that story out of Tennessee, but TB takes that poo poo to the next level.
most of what you said doesnt constitute a blunder, and some of them (pregnant girlfriend, liquored up kicker) are not negative in any way.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Posting from Seattle.

I have never seen such a complete mood swing. Everyone went "NO" and took a drink. Then we had a stimulating discussion about Seattle's OC and what he can do with himself.

Tomorrow will be like the day after a natural disaster.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

If you've never left a girl when she said she was pregnant you are a huge baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Hair pulling is still allowed right? :(

• Locked thread