Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Mhm, and all those problem solvers were wearing gold uniforms not blue.

Besides, Vulcans are clearly the science experts of the federation and the romulans are the same guys, just emotional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Which is why their experiments kept blowing up in their faces and killing everyone. :v:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Nerds

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
of Prey, amirite? :suicide:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You all need more :techno: in these explanations.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Aleth posted:

Warp particles!

Emerald Rogue
Mar 29, 2013

Aleth posted:

Remodulate the main deflector to emit a chronition field!:techno:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Dil weekend just went live. Not only do Tier 5 rep completion projects not give double dil rewards, but no reputation projects at all give double dil. Sure hope you weren't saving up your marks to grind up this weekend! (This is the part where Technical kills himself)

E: vvv Star Trek Online - gently caress this game (Finish early? 19,998 dilithium!)

Preechr fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 5, 2015

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Preechr posted:

Dil weekend just went live. Not only do Tier 5 rep completion projects not give double dil rewards, but no reputation projects at all give double dil. Sure hope you weren't saving up your marks to grind up this weekend! (This is the part where Technical kills himself)

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. gently caress this game.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

faxmachine posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. gently caress this game.

I hope there's another dstahl interview for me to gently caress up.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I was going to grind up Dyson marks all weekend for turning in to build up a nice dil reserve so I guess this is good news after all.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Preechr posted:

E: vvv Star Trek Online - gently caress this game (Finish early? 19,998 dilithium!)
Don't worry, the devs are on top of things. They just silently updated the announcement page to remove the line where it said that mark turn-ins would get a bonus.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm perfectly fine with that change actually. Clicking on project turn ins for two days straight out of a sense of obligation to maximise fake video game currency returns was hardly a fun experience and I'm sure we can all attest to that.

We'll just have to 5 man speed run some more elites or something.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
You can no longer grind 5 Omega Shards/Fragments/Slivers per R&D slot, either. Get hosed, scrubs.

e: This is apparently "not intended" per http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22127201&postcount=5

Preechr fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 5, 2015

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Preechr posted:

You can no longer grind 5 Omega Shards/Fragments/Slivers per R&D slot, either. Get hosed, scrubs.
Well, I guess that answers the question about whether or not they'll allow us to run the omega R&D missions after the anniversary event is over (they won't). I guess their precious metrics must have shown how many people were grinding them on space maps. I'm surprised they didn't change it to ground maps only, since the ground maps are much harder to afk.

Edit: Devs are now claiming that it was an accidental change. How hosed is their code base if they could accidently make that kind of change when they weren't even doing any fixes to those projects?

g0del fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 5, 2015

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The OP says that PvP is broken. This makes me sad. How is it broken? Has this changed recently?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

SirPhoebos posted:

The OP says that PvP is broken. This makes me sad. How is it broken? Has this changed recently?

Pubbies will try to challenge you because TROLLING LOL. I'm sure pvp isn't broken, but I wouldn't know. Being banned for 2 years changes everything.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

SirPhoebos posted:

Delta Rising introduced the Intel ships and abilities. One of the intel abilities (surgical strikes) can crit high enough to kill any ship in one hit. Some other changes introduced in DR allow romulans to fire while cloaked. So PVP now consists of getting OHKed by an invisible enemy ship. The general power creep of the last few years was making PVP worse and worse, but DR was the death blow.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

BombermanX posted:

Pubbies will try to challenge you because TROLLING LOL. I'm sure pvp isn't broken, but I wouldn't know. Being banned for 2 years changes everything.
It's pretty broken.

I don't even mean the balance or anything, though right now it's pretty much rocket tag with the post-DR damage output and burst abilities scaled for increased NPC hull levels. No, I mean it's just broken, klingon characters don't even show up in results and the devs literally have no idea how to fix it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

g0del posted:

Delta Rising introduced the Intel ships and abilities. One of the intel abilities (surgical strikes) can crit high enough to kill any ship in one hit. Some other changes introduced in DR allow romulans to fire while cloaked. So PVP now consists of getting OHKed by an invisible enemy ship. The general power creep of the last few years was making PVP worse and worse, but DR was the death blow.

Yeah this. PVP is either going to be a comically one sided instant kill or two ships circling each other for eternity with godlike tank abilities.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Official response, from the new head honcho guy no less, about them taking mark conversion projects out of the Dil weekend -

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22133821&postcount=89

some Cryptic person posted:

While the earn rates for Dilithium remained fairly constant for any type of content that provided it as a reward, the earn rate for Dilithium that was collected using the mark conversion projects during the event skyrocketed. When we allowed mark conversion projects to gain a bonus during the Dilithium event, the vast majority of people were only using mark conversion projects during the event. By not offering a bonus on these projects, we are making mark conversion projects valid and valuable all the time, not only during the few Dilithium Weekends we run every year.

tl,dr: We suck at proofreading, and we did this to increase the value of mark turn-ins! :downsowned:

And as an attempted placate measure, they are making this a Dil Week (lasts until the 12th now), instead of just a Weekend.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Asimo posted:

Sarr Thein. :getin:

It's good if you want to spam gravity well and tractor beam.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Unguided posted:

It's good if you want to spam gravity well and tractor beam.

Who wouldn't want to spam gravity well. :confused:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Some pub is saying they also cut out dil weekend bonus on contra turnins

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
^^ he's probably confused. The contra doff job doesn't show the increased dil reward until you claim it (and yes, that means that if you start the job during dil week and claim it after it's over, you don't get the increase).

MREBoy posted:

Official response, from the new head honcho guy no less, about them taking mark conversion projects out of the Dil weekend -

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22133821&postcount=89

tl,dr: We suck at proofreading, and we did this to increase the value of mark turn-ins! :downsowned:

And as an attempted placate measure, they are making this a Dil Week (lasts until the 12th now), instead of just a Weekend.
Oh good. They're planning to add dil rewards to patrols soon. There's no way they're going to allow us to grind patrols quickly if you can get dil by doing it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

They should put dil in patrols, good. Then put a cool down timer on them for thirty minutes so they can't be repeated non-stop.

But then also increase payouts for STFs by 10x if not more.

Mythealias
May 31, 2010
Signed up for the wiki, same user name as here

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Kalnrodaen posted:

Signed up for the wiki, same user name as here

All sorted.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Do the Command bridge officer abilities count as buffing allies for the purposes of the Hazari destroyer trait?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
is there a new popper I should log in for?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yes, it fires rainbows and showers of coins.

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

Aleth posted:

Yes, it fires rainbows and showers of coins.

That sounds like a perfect new addition to the anti-ERP arsenal.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Is there a better way than just manually turning in all these marks and widgets for dil?

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
You could set up a script or a macro to do that poo poo over night. I might get one set up for this evening.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

Is there a better way than just manually turning in all these marks and widgets for dil?

Either use an AHK script or Mouse Recorder Pro 2 (which can be configured to run the recorded movements x number of times), both are free to get. Manually turning them all in when you have close to 10k of one type alone is far too much of a chore.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Some muppet might have set one up a while back.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
V'Rius@yargo14

This is our new Academy recruit, who kindly has paid his security deposite of 10 mil already.

Be sure to give him a helping hand and make sure he gets the best Dental education and experience possible!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Is there an option to use a joystick for the space sections?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

SirPhoebos posted:

Is there an option to use a joystick for the space sections?

A working one? Not really. Also space combat isn't truely three dimensional, so it's not worth the massive hassle it would be to make anything like that work.

• Locked thread