Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Gobolatula posted:

Hi folks! Just to let you know, I reached my first Patreon milestone today and I'll be recording my podcast with my friends every month!

We'll be recording our first podcast in a while tomorrow, so if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll answer them!

Thanks a lot for your support, guys!

Do you have some ideas that you wanted to turn into a podcast initially, or are you working primarily from what fans ask for? And I'm glad you made it, Gob - your comic's pretty awesome, it's cool that things are going well with the Patreon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Gobolatula posted:

Hi folks! Just to let you know, I reached my first Patreon milestone today and I'll be recording my podcast with my friends every month!

We'll be recording our first podcast in a while tomorrow, so if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll answer them!

why must you kill the things i love the most

(rip poop)

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SatansOnion posted:

It...it's not?

Well. Now having all this Satan/Pasqualo's mother fanfiction on my hard drive just feels sort of silly.

That OTP is mine and you will unhand it immediately.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Improbable Lobster posted:

How long until It Hurts!! becomes a bizarre fetish comic?

Did the hellbeast not give YOU a boner? What kinda weirdo are you?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
I get the feeling, whether consciously or not, Aurora just woke up after the beast was dead so she'd keep her promise not to interfere.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Gobolatula posted:

What's your favorite moment in the comic so far?

How much has your readership jumped since page 100?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Do you hate me for constantly spamming comments? :ohdear:

For real though, I wanna know if Dad will ever come back in some way.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Are any of the characters, other than Mark and Katie, inspired by other people you know? If so what kind of horrible people do you hang out with

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Gobolatula posted:

Any real life influences helped shape your characters?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gobolatula posted:

How much did you have planned from the beginning? I know you took that hiatus for story ideas, so how long do you have planned up to now? Or have you secretly been flying by the seat of your pants for a long time and you're really good at improvising?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Gobolatula posted:

Since you have Scanty and Kneesocks as your avatar in the comments on your site, who do you prefer, this is important

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gobolatula posted:

Hey, Gob.

For me it feels like many webcomic authors struggle with ending their long-living projects and moving on to something else. It Hurts still manages to stay fresh and through unexpected stuff at readers almost every update, but did it became harder for you to maintain the same quality after a relatively long run? Is there a point where you'd rather ended the story than struggled with new plot twists?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hey Gob,

Follow up question, are you familiar with Harry Chapin and his tendancy to include foreshadowing and plot twists in his songs. If so, could someone channel his soul so he can write a song about all the craziness that's gone on so far in your comic.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Mr. Gob, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

Mr. Gob, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

I'd like to ask a question to follow up on this one.

Can I ask you to assuage my fears that you're contaminating the planet in a manner that may one day render it uninhabitable?

I kid, I kid. I love this dumb weird comic.

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

When you publish the second book, will I be able to buy both with discounted postage? Shipping to the UK is brutal :(

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

As an amendment to the question about posting to the UK, would there be any possibility of setting up something with a European PoD service so books could be printed locally as an option, even though it would lock people out of getting arted up books if they went for the Euro option?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Having a bit of a :downs: moment.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Wicker Man posted:

Having a bit of a :downs: moment.

I will never get tired of faces like the one in panel five.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Cool, and then you can rez Tubsy. Right? You can do that, right? Please?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Ragnar34 posted:

Cool, and then you can rez Tubsy. Right? You can do that, right? Please?

No spare Tubsy heart :(

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Chronojam posted:

No spare Tubsy heart :(

No spare tubsy skin either. gently caress it, he can learn sign language.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
He's still got his scalp. I'm pretty sure that's where he kept his powers.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Ragnar34 posted:

He's still got his scalp. I'm pretty sure that's where he kept his powers.

His skull looks intact. His brain might be safe and sound. Beat up cyborg-lady, remove her brain, plug in Tubsy's brain. Then we get Tubsy back AND he gets bewbs.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
I read this comic and I thought it was kind of bad at first but it turns out it actually is The Tits

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

Operant posted:

I read this comic and I thought it was kind of bad at first but it turns out it actually is The Tits

:eyepop:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Operant posted:

You better be submitting that as soon as possible!

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Operant posted:

Oh my god you write Kill Six Billion Demons don't you.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Freudian posted:

I knew the art style looked familiar!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Clearly K6BD is starring the wrong Alison. She'd have killed twelve billion demons inside a week.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So, has Pasqualo's soul been chillin' with Satan this whole time?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Blackheart posted:

So, has Pasqualo's soul been chillin' with Satan this whole time?
If so maybe doing some training ala King Kai?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Satan is busy teaching Pasq the finer in-and-outs of High-Stakes Mumbly-Peg and how to power-tune a hammer dulcimer.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Freudian posted:

Holy poo poo, i'm loving this!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Holy poo poo, i'm loving this!

Yeah, currently mainlining it directly into my eyeballs.

The full page spread of Hell 71, which is a corpse of a dead god is :black101: as gently caress.

In fact, this is actually where Satan has taken Pasc' soul, this should be canon.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Operant posted:

My dream of It Hurts going full One Punch Man are one step closer to reality :swoon:

e/ not that Gob's art is anything like that terrible

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 9, 2015

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Operant posted:

Thank you and holy poo poo that is an awesome picture! Is it cool if I put it up in my site? If so, could you pretty please send me the biggest version you got in an email? Gobolatula@yahoo.com

You kick rear end.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I can't believe your Patreon is actually so cheap Gob. I decided to stop by today and see when i could afford the monthly contribution, and it turns out that's right now. I mean, I can find 3 bucks here and there each month and now I get one comic ahead of all you chumps and chumpettes, plus the behind the scenes posts are super informative. I had no idea you did so much research!

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

pathetic little tramp posted:

I can't believe your Patreon is actually so cheap Gob. I decided to stop by today and see when i could afford the monthly contribution, and it turns out that's right now. I mean, I can find 3 bucks here and there each month and now I get one comic ahead of all you chumps and chumpettes, plus the behind the scenes posts are super informative. I had no idea you did so much research!
Hahahaha! Thank you very much for your contribution!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Pledged 5 money dollars per month, love this stupid rear end comic

• Locked thread