Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

DJExile posted:

I am in 100% support of this because it's going to drive the old farts crazy.

It doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of coming to fruition but it should be fun to watch in the meantime.

It sounds like a very obvious scam to me. They're going to get a bunch of suckers to cough up money to fund their terrible song, and then laugh all the way to the bank. That it was proposed by a couple business majors is the giveaway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

kayakyakr posted:

That's not bad. Fairly similar to TTU's future facility, which is tied up with an indoor track for $48 million or so.

They used to practice in another facility that had an indoor track and was used by all other sports and whatnot. Now they're separating entirely and Rector(the old place) will be given new locker rooms and spruced up as it is handed over to other programs.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Hail to the Victors is one of the most obnoxious songs of all time and that's why I love it so much.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
if you get david banner you need to get big krit to join in

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

DJExile posted:

I am in 100% support of this because it's going to drive the old farts crazy.

It doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of coming to fruition but it should be fun to watch in the meantime.

I want the jingling keys in text form.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Big K.R.I.T. must do one for a Mississippi school

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Wedding crashers was on HBO the other day and they were at the football part where the guy says "CRABCAKES AND FOOTBALL, THAT'S WHAT MARYLAND DOES" and it always makes me think well I get the crabcackes, but LOL on the football buddy.

Crab cakes and lacrosse would be more accurate.

Or crab cakes and murder.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
"And now ladies and gentlemen, please rise and remove your caps for our national anthem, set to the tune of Get Like Me"

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Crotch Bat posted:

They used to practice in another facility that had an indoor track and was used by all other sports and whatnot. Now they're separating entirely and Rector(the old place) will be given new locker rooms and spruced up as it is handed over to other programs.

Yeah, Tech's got the same deal, theoretically but they don't use the bubble for football ever. The new stuff is 2 buildings side by side at the location of the old bubble.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Why exactly would Eminem want to get involved?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scarf posted:

Why exactly would Eminem want to get involved?

:10bux:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kim Jong Il posted:

Also y'all ran off Wilson after moving him to DB coach, not that he can do poo poo here under the worst recruiting HC in football.

His NJ pipeline had started to dry up and he'd have been a way worse coordinator than Parker so I'm fine with that. He was a mediocre at best position coach they kept around for recruiting, promoting him to DC like he wanted would have been a disaster. There was a reason they always wanted his position coaching responsibility to overlap with the position the DC could help out the most with (linebackers when Norm was there, DBs with Phil).

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 11, 2015

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

kittenmittons posted:

Crab cakes and lacrosse would be more accurate.

Or crab cakes and murder.

Or all three: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Yeardley_Love

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I would say Lil Jon could do UGAs but since the whole Turn Down for What/Tennessee debacle, maybe we don't want him anymore :colbert:

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN

That interlocked SC is legit awesome.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

wootmachine posted:

That interlocked SC is legit awesome.

Agreed, too bad they only use it consistently for their baseball logo.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I finally got around to watching the Frontline episode dealing with football and concussions and I got to say it was really interesting and eye opening. I always knew helmet to helmet contact was something that was a concern but it really made me realize that contact to the helmet of any kind is a big deal especially on the contact you see that's normal every play. Don't want to sound too dramatic but seeing a guys head get jarred in anyway really stands out now.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Last I heard, the interlocking SC logo was part of that Southern Cal lawsuit from years ago. Southern Cal won and the supreme court denied our appeal, so yeah, I'm not sure if we're really even supposed to be using it at all anymore. I think mostly we just can't really change it and try to use it as our primary logo in the future.

Which sucks pretty hard because it's an awesome logo.

Jeremor fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 11, 2015

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Deteriorata posted:

CSG hears pitch for new fight song, 'Hail and Unite'

This seems like a sound business plan destined to go places.

so Brian at MGoBlog has made it his current work to ruin this guy.

jesus.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Regnevelc posted:

so Brian at MGoBlog has made it his current work to ruin this guy.

jesus.

You or someone else that really follows Michigan can help me out here. When did Brian go batshit nuts? Was this a recent thing based around the Hoke/Brandon/Harbaugh deal, or is it like this guy has been stewing for a long rear end time and nobody noticed?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

You or someone else that really follows Michigan can help me out here. When did Brian go batshit nuts? Was this a recent thing based around the Hoke/Brandon/Harbaugh deal, or is it like this guy has been stewing for a long rear end time and nobody noticed?

I think it was the Hoke/Brandon situation.

E: but really, he has been insane for awhile, I think. He needs to take a breath and realize it's just college sports.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Rap fight songs got me thinking of the Swishahouse UH fight song remix from back in 2011 when UH was looking at a Sugar Bowl date.

There was a chopped and screwed version of this on Youtube which is 110% Houston as hell, but no more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMPaUVq-UsE

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

I liked him when I met him and think he mostly does really good work but he's always been a huge dork.

e: lmao he is literally facebook stalking 19-20 year olds because of a dumb song, what a loving goober

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 11, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Regnevelc posted:

I think it was the Hoke/Brandon situation.

E: but really, he has been insane for awhile, I think. He needs to take a breath and realize it's just college sports.

MourningView posted:

He is a nice dude who mostly does really good work but he's always been a huge dork.

OK I figured it was somewhere in here.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
The Mgoblog guy always seemed reasonable right up until the App State game followed by the Oregon game and then Michigan getting really lovely after 2007 didn't help.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Also there's the "assaulted a teenager for being better at indoor soccer than him and thought this was a good story to tell in defense* of a Michigan player kicked off the team for domestic violence" thing.

* Yes, the piece was more of a lament than a defense but it came off very dumb

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It also says something that his example of how he'll ruin this kid's life is posting a picture of the kid at what looks like a pretty rad tailgate dressed like a completely normal dude in his early 20s. And also anyone in his 30s who wears an XL hockey jersey everywhere and still rocks a pony tail should probably hold up on being critical of anyone else's fashion.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 11, 2015

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Korranus posted:

Rap fight songs got me thinking of the Swishahouse UH fight song remix from back in 2011 when UH was looking at a Sugar Bowl date.

There was a chopped and screwed version of this on Youtube which is 110% Houston as hell, but no more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMPaUVq-UsE

We should just make Hustlin' our fight song. Our band already plays an arrangement of it!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Coaching thread is closed, but UGA's current WR coach Tony Ball interviewed at LSU. I would hate to see him go, he has developed our corps pretty well, even getting guys to play a bit above their level when needed to. Some people think that he whiffs on recruits like Van Jefferson, but I think that had more to do with Bobo going than Ball whiffing.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

DJExile posted:

Brian's always been pretty goofy. I appreciate his UFRs and game analysis, and some of his columns are insightful, but he's got a pretty strong libertarian streak so his personal opinions tend wander off into lala land.

I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Wanvig posted:

We should just make Hustlin' our fight song. Our band already plays an arrangement of it!

Only problem is Rick Ross is Miami. That said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig2-2fbXV7w

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Man, GT would have the most dope fight song ever.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

I would say Lil Jon could do UGAs but since the whole Turn Down for What/Tennessee debacle, maybe we don't want him anymore :colbert:

Debacle my rear end that was awesome, as was the story behind it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Rules committee met today. Reminder these haven't been voted on and put into action yet, they're just proposals or discussion.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/football-rules-committee-explore-future-technological-advances

Amongst the things discussed:

- use of tablets and computers on sidelines and in locker rooms. Pretty much what the NFL does now, I'd guess. Also so they can make a licensing deal like the NFL does.

- discussed the notion of letting a coach communicate wirelessly to 1 player on O and D.

- potential first-person camera footage on players. I'd watch GoPro footage of this sport all drat day

Rule changes proposed:

- 8 man ref crews. Adds the center judge(opposite the umpire in the offensive backfield)

- 15 yard penalties for pulling or pushing kids off scrum piles. I'm guessing this will be done to cut down on fights as they seem to occur in scrums when people are removing others from the pile.

- TOs called will now be replay reviewable. No more skirting the snap.

- Non-standard facemasks to be banned.

- Length-of-game issues will be discussed to cut down on dead time. Average FBS game was 3h19m last year.

- Ineligible downfield rule adjusted from 3 yards to 1. To be legal a lineman more than a yard downfield must be engaged with a defender when the pass is released.

- Other various things of little consequence, rest are in link above.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 11, 2015

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Dattserberg posted:

Man, GT would have the most dope fight song ever.

As awesome as the Atlanta hip hop scene is, most of them probably aren't GT fans. :smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

- Non-standard facemasks to be banned.

Phew, thank god. Almost had kids having some fun out there.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

- Ineligible downfield rule adjusted from 3 yards to 1. To be legal a lineman more than a yard downfield must be engaged with a defender when the pass is released.

I'm not sure I agree with this one though I understand why they are putting it in.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Crotch Bat posted:

- Length-of-game issues will be discussed to cut down on dead time. Average FBS game was 3h19m last year.

Ugh. That's not that bad. Wasn't it well over 4 hrs on average a few years ago? If college football is going to fill my entire Saturday, as God intended, I'm fine with the little bit of filler in there.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Nice mascott, but what's the round thing with the furry eyebrows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Look Sir Droids posted:

Ugh. That's not that bad. Wasn't it well over 4 hrs on average a few years ago? If college football is going to fill my entire Saturday, as God intended, I'm fine with the little bit of filler in there.

Biggest thing is back-to-back-to-back TV timeouts. That is a real drag in the stadiums. Fox is the worst.

• Locked thread