Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Artix posted:

So apparently Corpse Party is getting ported to 3DS. First game only, and it's based off the PSP version. I seem to recall that it was generally considered pretty good?

It's pretty good if you can handle creepy anime poo poo. It's based off a literal RPGmaker game though so don't expect great production values. Also some of the endings are dumb to get iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Man, with all these reports I'm reading I'm kinda glad I just walked into a Gamestop and preordered one when I had the chance last week.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Artix posted:

So apparently Corpse Party is getting ported to 3DS. First game only, and it's based off the PSP version. I seem to recall that it was generally considered pretty good?

it's really bad but i know some people like it

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Zaa Boogie posted:

Man, with all these reports I'm reading I'm kinda glad I just walked into a Gamestop and preordered one when I had the chance last week.

I was feeling great because I walked into GameStop two weeks ago and had them do the online purchase of the MH4 edition, and then I got lucky enough Monday morning to buy the Majora's Mask Limited Special Edition from GameStop online. And looking at these prices for the LEs I decided to just buy a black one and sell the others so I walked into ToysRUs and grabbed one.

Guess I'm lucky :shrug:

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Soul Glo posted:

Fire Emblem: Awakening, SMT4, the Monster Hunter games. The Pokemon games get deep if you're crazy about EV poo poo. Also there's other RPGs I haven't played like a couple Etrian Odyssey games, Persona Q, etc.

Don't sleep on poo poo like Mario 3D Land. Not the deepest gaming experience or whatever, but it's the best 3D Mario game, sooooo.

Grabbed Monster hunter 4 ult, loved 3 on my PSP, should I be registering my games with Club Nintendo before it closes down on March 15?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tormented posted:

Grabbed Monster hunter 4 ult, loved 3 on my PSP, should I be registering my games with Club Nintendo before it closes down on March 15?

Might as well try to see if you've racked up enough coins to get something free. The codes will be worthless after it's dead.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Red Robin Hood posted:

I was feeling great because I walked into GameStop two weeks ago and had them do the online purchase of the MH4 edition, and then I got lucky enough Monday morning to buy the Majora's Mask Limited Special Edition from GameStop online. And looking at these prices for the LEs I decided to just buy a black one and sell the others so I walked into ToysRUs and grabbed one.

Guess I'm lucky :shrug:

How DARE you flip something for profit! Suffer the wrath of goons :argh:

I sold my MM LE as well, giving me a free Monhun N3DS

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

For those of you guys that had to call Nintendo for a manual system transfer (traded my old 2DS in a few months ago and its still regged to my account), how did the process work? I called them Friday afternoon and they said everything was good on their end and it would take around 2 days. So what is the next step here? Now that it's been a few days do I keep trying to register my N3ds to my NNID and eventually it will work? Is there some sort of e-mail they will send? They didn't specify anything and I figured i'd get some sort of support ticket notification after the convo but never got anything. TIA for the help. I should've asked them.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Eh? I've enjoyed how the n3DSXl game slot sets the game slightly beyond my reach. The old 3DSXL was flush, which meant a game in my bag would sometimes pop out. I would exit games while before sleep mode because of that.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
so there is some hope. My 3DS has yet to ship, but the MM LE they told me was backordered until Mid March just got tracking info.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Space Fish posted:

Eh? I've enjoyed how the n3DSXl game slot sets the game slightly beyond my reach. The old 3DSXL was flush, which meant a game in my bag would sometimes pop out. I would exit games while before sleep mode because of that.

My N3DS won't arrive for a couple more days, so I don't personally know if it'll be an issue for me. I have been hearing other people's reports of their carts popping out though. I'll wait til I get mine to see if I want a push guard or not. I probably could have used one on the original XL because they'd pop out every once in a while when I put it in my pocket. That somehow got a lot of dust under the top screen, so I quit doing that.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj3hFPn8Cm4

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

katkillad2 posted:

Haha well I was originally just going to keep my MH4 one and then that morning I was lucky enough to get the MM one and I couldn't decide if I cared about the paint job enough to justify keeping it. I finally decided that I didn't want to be paranoid about carrying around a $500 piece of gaming so I'm going to sell it.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

1:19 is a sight to behold.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I got the last New 3DS at the store, and when I got it home it skipped the setup to go right to the Sonic theme with four Miis created. No NNID though or anything. They did charge me full price for a new unit, I figure I can complain for a discount?

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

katkillad2 posted:

You are dead to me.

I've never scalped a thing in my entire life and I'm still waiting for my legitimately-ordered MM 3DS to even ship. :smith:

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Chronojam posted:

I got the last New 3DS at the store, and when I got it home it skipped the setup to go right to the Sonic theme with four Miis created. No NNID though or anything. They did charge me full price for a new unit, I figure I can complain for a discount?

What store did you buy this from?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Red Robin Hood posted:

What store did you buy this from?

It was a Target

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Thanks Internet posted:

1:19 is a sight to behold.

He's STEAMED

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Do the old Hori XL screen protectors fit on the N3DS?

e: Also, best/cheapest 32 GB micro SD card on Amazon right now?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Louisgod posted:

They should. I'm using this one right now in my non-new 3DS XL with an adapter and so far it's doing me good.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Class-Adapter-MB-MP32DA-AM/dp/B00IVPU786/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424115200&sr=8-2&keywords=32+gb+micro+sd+card

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I don't know how I feel about Project S.T.E.A.M., on one hand I love Fire Emblem and it looks like a steampunky version of XCOM I guess but god drat that trailer is so stupid.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Louisgod posted:

There is a PNY sale right now. I'm on mobile and can't link it, but there is an article about the sale on Polygon. There is a 32 gb card for $15.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Can anyone tell me what song they used in that trailer?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Louisgod posted:

Old XL and New XL has the same physical screen size.

Also, PNY is having an Amazon deal right now. $15 for a 32.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Can anyone tell me what song they used in that trailer?

Stars and Stripes forever... You better not be from the US OF A :argh:

riding gravity
May 7, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Yeah, I'm using old Hori XL protectors on mine.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Chronojam posted:

It was a Target

I used to work there. We NEVER put a product back on the shelf unless it was returned and obvious to the service center that it wasn't opened. They very likely will not give you a discount but it doesn't hurt to ask. If you go and make a fuss make sure you ask for an LOD (Leader On Duty).

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I have hundreds of Club Nintendo coins worth of expired surveys from digital purchases that I had totally forgotten about; is there a chance that customer support will take pity on me or am I out of luck?

edit: lol I added them up and it's about 600 coins worth, jeeze

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Could have been a test unit in the production factory that they forgot to wipe, like when that liar guy got an iPhone with pictures of Chinese people in a factory.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

io_burn posted:

I don't know how I feel about Project S.T.E.A.M., on one hand I love Fire Emblem and it looks like a steampunky version of XCOM I guess but god drat that trailer is so stupid.

It's dumb, but in the exact way it needs to be :911: :patriot:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Wildtortilla posted:

There is a PNY sale right now. I'm on mobile and can't link it, but there is an article about the sale on Polygon. There is a 32 gb card for $15.

I was about to ask about it, is this the one?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00N2ROHA2/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_1?colid=39VUKMJBJ9CS8&coliid=I3EZNY47J9MBKJ&vs=1

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Red Robin Hood posted:

I used to work there. We NEVER put a product back on the shelf unless it was returned and obvious to the service center that it wasn't opened. They very likely will not give you a discount but it doesn't hurt to ask. If you go and make a fuss make sure you ask for an LOD (Leader On Duty).

There's no way to tell. The new doesn't have security tape.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

io_burn posted:

I'm sorry you have terrible taste. The word you're looking for is magical. :patriot:

Can't wait to punch fools in a giant steampunk Abraham Lincoln mech.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do you guys think I'll be able to just buy one online on the 26th? (From a place that offers 2 day shipping preferably.)

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

That's the one.

SD card question: I have a sony SD in my old XL. I got it in August and promptly bought FE:A. I don't remember any slow down in the game or during cutscenes then. I'm replaying it now and every cutscene stutters or freezes for just a second or two. I'm worried something is going sour. Has anyone else noticed slow down/freezing during Fe:A cutscenes?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Turtlicious posted:

Do you guys think I'll be able to just buy one online on the 26th? (From a place that offers 2 day shipping preferably.)

Probably you'll be able to just drive to Walmart and buy one but yeah ordering works too

Just not a Zelda one I guess

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Monkey Fracas posted:

He's STEAMED

EXECUTIVE DECISION! *explosion*

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

My N3DSXLMM (which sounds like a star wars robot name) from Best Buy finally shipped. Whoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

THANK YOU JESUS :holy:

Best Buy posted:

Good news! The item(s) listed below were shipped on February 16, 2015, and will be arriving soon.