Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

NTRabbit posted:

What is this thing? I can't find it anywhere on the KS page

Core Set, Dungeon Monsters, 92640

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Found out what that weird stalagmite thing in the Thank You set is: It's the base for the cloaker.

There's been talk about maybe doing another Kickstarter, but they haven't sat down and seriously discussed it yet. They won't do so until they've finished fulfillment on II. Once that's done, they'll start deciding if another one is worthwhile. There's also been some talk that the Bones line, as it is, is self-sustaining. They may do more Kickstarters for, say, Warlord or their other languishing games.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Crossposting all the bones I painted this month (not from any kickstarter):

quote:

Skeleton archer unit:

Mummy captain:

Warlock-type dude:

I decided that rather than removing/covering his integrated base I'd try incorporating it into the scene as a sort of stone slab. I tried painting it a similar shade to the red rubble at first, didn't like it, so I made it a contrasting color and freehanded a bunch of lines onto it to give it a ritual look. I think it ended up working out okay.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I am interested in seeing how much those shipping containers are going to run for, I might want to grab s few for scenery.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iris of Ether posted:

Haha, one of my buddies apparently got accidentally sent 2x his original order. He's sending the other half back to them, pending a shipping label.

Either that happened to more than one person, or you know Sirin, and your username rings a bell somewhere.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

NinjaDebugger posted:

Either that happened to more than one person, or you know Sirin, and your username rings a bell somewhere.

I'm Sirin, Watts, & Kreeblah's friend. We all went to the same college. Main difference is that I'm a filthy EE. :science:

Edit: Also I think I've seen you kicking around in some of my hubby's LP threads here, some years back.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iris of Ether posted:

I'm Sirin, Watts, & Kreeblah's friend. We all went to the same college. Main difference is that I'm a filthy EE. :science:

Edit: Also I think I've seen you kicking around in some of my hubby's LP threads here, some years back.

Man, I haven't talked to Watts or Kreeblah in ages. Pretty good chance you know me, actually, if you remember the MAGE movie contest, I got to (badly) pretend to be John Rhys-Davies.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

NinjaDebugger posted:

Man, I haven't talked to Watts or Kreeblah in ages. Pretty good chance you know me, actually, if you remember the MAGE movie contest, I got to (badly) pretend to be John Rhys-Davies.

I think I've seen parts of that, and I at least know of you, but I'm not sure we ever formally met. I think I started slightly after you. I was prez during the '04-05 year (though I really should have just campaigned for the Material Manager position instead, frankly).

If you want to see ("see") Kreeblah, I think he's kicking around in SH/SC and the :retrogames: thread. He got us our accounts. :v:

~Content!~

I'm not sure why the first thing I put paint on was the horrifying hell-mouth, but sure. Why not.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I just primed Great Cthulhu. I'm not sure what colors I want to paint him in though. Maybe bright and happy ones as a piss take instead of the typical greens and browns.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Making cthulhu different colors is always good. Bright yellows and reds have yielded really cool results in my experience.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Make him purple and white.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I tried to prime my great Cthulhu with this. Parts remained tacky for weeks, some of the primer has chipped off, and some of my actual Reaper paints seem to bead up a bit on it. :ohdear:

http://www.amazon.com/Krylon-8807-Primer-12-Ounce-Aerosol/dp/B005LDBIAM

I kind of wonder if it's going to even be possible to strip the figure.

Edit: The satin Hunter Green, not the gloss Meadow that it's linking to.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

drat, that's one of the ones recommended in the OP. Sounds like Krylon may have changed their formulation?

I believe it's safe to strip Bones with Simple Green.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

According to Reaper themselves it is.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

I received by box o' bones! Now I just... need to check that everything is correct. Weeeee.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Leperflesh posted:

drat, that's one of the ones recommended in the OP. Sounds like Krylon may have changed their formulation?

I suppose it's possible that I layered it on too thick (I generally don't spray prime), but I really couldn't tell you. When I used the same line in black/white on some resin figures, though, I didn't have the same issue. :ohdear:

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Did you clean them first? My biggest gripe about bones 1 was priming them was a giant pain. Even after being cleaned, though it certainly helped.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

quote:

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Expansion Set 2 x1
Expansion Set 1 x1
Thank You Set x1
Master Series Paint Set 2 x1
Hill Giants x1
Water Elementals x1
Heroes and Villains x1
Oh, Rats! x1
Lords of Darkness x1
Narthrax Dragon x1
2013 Core Set x1

Your shipment was postmarked on 02-19-2015 and is being shipped UPS Ground.

Where the hell am I going to put all these things.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

nesbit37 posted:

Did you clean them first? My biggest gripe about bones 1 was priming them was a giant pain. Even after being cleaned, though it certainly helped.

Probably not that one. :downs:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I still haven't received any emails, so the question is will I ever?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

NTRabbit posted:

I still haven't received any emails, so the question is will I ever?

Which wave are you? I was wave 4 US and i just got my email a couple hours ago.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'm using Armory Spray Prime. Seems to work okay.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
I stick to either airbrush, brush-on, or else just not priming. You don't need to prime Bones, just don't thin your paints on the basecoat.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

JackMann posted:

I stick to either airbrush, brush-on, or else just not priming. You don't need to prime Bones, just don't thin your paints on the basecoat.

I only wanted to prime it so that I wouldn't have to basecoat the entire big-rear end figure. :negative:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Bucnasti posted:

Which wave are you? I was wave 4 US and i just got my email a couple hours ago.

Wave 1 RoW, still nothing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kerzoro posted:

I received by box o' bones! Now I just... need to check that everything is correct. Weeeee.

The thing I dread most

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
You're getting:
Dragons Don't Share x1
Khanjira, the World Breaker x1
Mashaaf, Great Old One x2
Hill Giants x1
Greater Demons x1
Unleash the Kraken! x1
Beast Mode! x2
Gnolls & Bugbears x1

Seriously, does anyone have sets of paint or other Bones sets they'll be selling (hopefully at not too much of a markup)? I know Captain Invictus will but I'm in the UK.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It depends on what you're after, so long as you're willing to pay for the shipping costs, whatever they may be.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Captain Invictus posted:

It depends on what you're after, so long as you're willing to pay for the shipping costs, whatever they may be.

Just don't do this within 500 feet of a school

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Captain Invictus posted:

All the paints that were offered this time and possibly the full Bones 2 basic set, I'm happy to wait for surface shipping, whatever is cheapest.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sure. Shoot me a pm or make a post in my samart thread for dota/legos/miniatures etc and once they're in hand we can talk. :)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
PM sent!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Two figures meet in a dark alley, a flickering safety lamp on the wall the only light.

"Do you have the merchandise?" asks the first

"If you have the cash" replies the other.

They set their cases down on the boot of the car, cautious eyes never far from each other.

"The money we agreed on. Now show me the marchandise"

Lifting a bag and handing it over, "this is the real deal man, pure grade poo poo straight from the factory"

A glint in the orange light as a flick blade springs to life, cutting open the bag. He reaches in and extracts a sample, keen to test it himself quickly and be on his way.

A sniff. A lick. He puts the burrowing horror back in the bag, the bag in the case, folding his flick knife shut before reaching to put it back in his pocket.

Krushgroove draws a gun, the seller following just as quickly with his own

"You lying to me fool, this aint top grade poo poo"

"Bullshit man, that's A grade", Captain Invictus, a cold sweat on his face

"This poo poo aint bonesium, it's Chinese recast son"

The two men stand, in the alleyway, pistols aimed at each other, the two cases still open on the car.

The safety lamp flickers out.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

This is what happens when I don't get any emails with shipping notices or tracking numbers

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

Two figures meet in a dark alley, a flickering safety lamp on the wall the only light.

"Do you have the merchandise?" asks the first

"If you have the cash" replies the other.

They set their cases down on the boot of the car, cautious eyes never far from each other.

"The money we agreed on. Now show me the marchandise"

Lifting a bag and handing it over, "this is the real deal man, pure grade poo poo straight from the factory"

A glint in the orange light as a flick blade springs to life, cutting open the bag. He reaches in and extracts a sample, keen to test it himself quickly and be on his way.

A sniff. A lick. He puts the burrowing horror back in the bag, the bag in the case, folding his flick knife shut before reaching to put it back in his pocket.

Krushgroove draws a gun, the seller following just as quickly with his own

"You lying to me fool, this aint top grade poo poo"

"Bullshit man, that's A grade", Captain Invictus, a cold sweat on his face

"This poo poo aint bonesium, it's Chinese recast son"

The two men stand, in the alleyway, pistols aimed at each other, the two cases still open on the car.

The safety lamp flickers out.

Strangely enough, this is roughly what happened to me once when I dropped off a 40K superheavy I painted for a friend. That all that happened. Except it was a small English village, and we didn't try to rip each other off.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

So I've been unboxing my Dragons Don't Share and it's all pretty awesome (if in need of a boil session before it'll sit flat) but there's one thing I want a second opinion on.

From looking at the box art, there's two pieces that are supposed to be able to sit one on top of another like so to form the ruined tower:

But aside from the need for reshaping to help them fit together, there's one place where there seems to be a tab on the top piece (arrow) but no corresponding slot to fit it into (circle where I'd expect it to be):

I figure I'll just slice the tab off, but I wanted a second opinion first, to make sure I haven't gotten things mixed up somewhere.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
You're not the only one.

Most people are just cutting it off.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Welp. My long years on the Internet have taught me to avoid manufacturers'/"official" forums like the plague, but I guess I should probably have found that on my own.

Thanks!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

quote:

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Thank You Set x1
Dragons Don't Share x1
Khanjira, the World Breaker x1
Troll Slayer Sophie x3
Expansion Set 2 x1
Mashaaf, Great Old One x1
Numenera Monsters x1
Master Series Paint Set 2 x1
Bag O' Bases Medium x1
Mister Bones x3
Bag O' Bases Small x3
Expansion Set 1 x1
Verocithrax Dragon x1
Master Series Paint Set x1
Cinder Dragon x1
Blightfang Dragon x1
Demon Lords x1
Hill Giants x1
Water Elementals x1
Greater Demons x1
Gelatinous Cube x1
Heroes and Villains x1
Oh, Rats! x1
Unleash the Kraken! x1
Mouslings x1
Lords of Darkness x1
Narthrax Dragon x1
2013 Core Set x1

Your shipment was postmarked on 02-20-2015 and is being shipped UPS Priority Mail Innovations.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Anyone got a picture of the "Thank you" pack? I'd like to see what I am getting.

Cheers!

• Locked thread